lennyvegas's Suicide Squad #2 - Trial by Fire review

Avatar image for lennyvegas
  • lennyvegas wrote this review on .
  • lennyvegas has written a total of 12 reviews. The last one was for

Original Suicide Squad has aged nicely

I don't remeber this series from the 80's and 90's. Maybe it's not so strange since I was more of marvel fan than dc growing up. I really liked the first couple of issues of the new 52 Suicide Squad and I have to say that I'm very pleased that it has borrowed most of it's good stuff from John Ostranders original run.

First I have to say that I have no real knowledge of the characters other then that which is given to me in this comic. Still I have to say that the creators manages to give me just enough information to make me intrigued without including a lot of waste information (no Chris Claremont syndrome..).

Some of the art looks a bit cheesy when read in the 2010s but most of it has actually aged quite nicely. It has kept the feeling of early 90's black op-ish action movies but it's not to stereotypical. Looking forward to continue searching for these back issues.