pants_the_monkey's Sub-Mariner #1 - Revolution, Part 1 review

Avatar image for pants_the_monkey

Namor, done right.

I really enjoyed the portrayal of Namor in this debut issue. I used to love him back in the 80's when he was a bit pompous and enjoyed screaming 'Imperious Rex' before diving headlong into battle alongside his fellow Avengers, only to insult and squabble his 'surface dweller' team mates afterwards.

I was thrilled when he got his own series by John Byrne in 90's but quickly became disillusioned when the storyline led to his personality becoming more well-adjusted and personable.

In more recent years, he seems to be getting back to his roots and this series looks like it should maintain that status quo.

Forget Aquaman. He's got nothing on this Avenging Son of Atlantis!

Other reviews for Sub-Mariner #1 - Revolution, Part 1

Pleasantly Surprised. 0

I've never been a huge fan of the Sub-Mariner. He's always seemed a little one-dimensional to me. The whol arrogant thing just gets old. I did like the John Byrne series with Namor running a business and working with Danny Rand. The underwater adventures just made me (sea)sick.Then came the announcement from Marvel about this mini-series. I always have mixed feelings about mini-series. It's like, why is it just a mini-series? Is there not a good enough idea for a regular series? Does Mar...

The Sub-Mariner is on a Mission in His own Limited Series 0

Marvel has really been on fire lately. After the Civil War I thought I wouldn't read anymore comics regularly for while, but a year later, The Initiative continues this time with a miniseries focusing on Namor, King of Atlantis, mutant and Member of the Illuminati. I've never really followed Namor or the work of Matt Cherniss and Peter Johnson, but I'd say this is a great introduction to all three and an awesome way to kick off what should be thrilling and satisfying storyline. It opens with ...