Follow

Striker

Character » Striker appears in 167 issues.

A boy who craves the spotlight and was a childhood celebrity. Striker is enrolled in the Avengers Academy.

Striker is (spoilers)!!!

• 54 results
    Cafeterialoca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 3

#51  Edited By Cafeterialoca

@SC: Let's also not forget how much of a fuss people were making over the character of Bunker. They've been making such a big deal that he's gay, and the character hasn't even premiered yet. For all we know, he could have been the most annoying person in the world.

Marvel pointing out that they have a gay character who is coming out of the closet in their book, and that they are addressing it in a very serious manner, ( I really liked what some of the pages had to say) shows that they're saying they're doing the same as well. Hell, I know a lot of people are suddenly turning to AA cause of this. It even has given Strker an interesting feature now beside Cocky jerk.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By SC  Moderator
    @Superguy0009e said:

this is really a marvel thing, turning teen heroes gay, or just any hero. please, unless it makes sense or goes with the character, please stop trying to "fit in" by turning characters gay

The character was always gay. Always intended to be gay. Just like most characters though, and most real life people, they don't immediately admit their sexual orientation as an introduction. Hi, I'm Galactus, but my friends call me Galan. I am going to eat the Earth, not only am I a Pescetarianism, but I am pansexual, formerly bisexual top, who likes black and white movies, long walks on the beach. I also have a Herald.  

@Dernman said:
    Rictor or Shatterstar I forget but the guy who first wrote the character said something to that effect IIRC.

Rob Liefeld intended Shatterstar to be asexual and only asexual and was severely annoyed when Shatterstar started kissing boys. He felt they changed his character.  

(following isn't addressed to you specifically *smile*)

Then again Fabian Nicieza and half of Shatterstar's other writers from the 90's some who wrote the character longer than Liefeld felt like developing the character to have an attraction to Rictor. From a real life perspective though this could still mean Shatterstar is asexual. Personally I feel a bit bad for Liefeld, since all creators - well seeing characters change in ways you don't like must be hard. Then again, he should realize they aren't his characters and Marvel and that all characters change and he changed several Marvel characters he worked on, not "as dramatically" probably to his understanding, but he also thinks that you can't be gay and a Gladiator/Warrior. 
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By SC  Moderator
    @Cafeterialoca said:

@SC: Let's also not forget how much of a fuss people were making over the character of Bunker. They've been making such a big deal that he's gay, and the character hasn't even premiered yet. For all we know, he could have been the most annoying person in the world.

Marvel pointing out that they have a gay character who is coming out of the closet in their book, and that they are addressing it in a very serious manner, ( I really liked what some of the pages had to say) shows that they're saying they're doing the same as well. Hell, I know a lot of people are suddenly turning to AA cause of this. It even has given Strker an interesting feature now beside Cocky jerk.

Personally I don't really care about well... big Marvel and DC announcements, in a I am a fan of comics sort of way. I can understand it though, I prefer smaller titles and indie books. I am a pretentious comic book reader *grin*  

Striker was always the character I sort of disliked least (wasn't so found of Mettle either) and I don't really see that changing. I feel he has always been an important part of the book though, since I hate reading about characters I only like. No tension? Team balance. Plus character might appeal to other people. I know people who dislike Finesse even though she is my favorite. All works round in the end.  

Oh, oh and thank you for always advocating and promoting Avengers Academy Cafeterialoca *grin*
    Cafeterialoca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 3

#54  Edited By Cafeterialoca

@SC: Heh. Well, just saying, Bunker made a lot of news.

Why you hate Mettle? :( But yeah, I understand ya.

And yes, I'm pushing this book like MAD!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.