razzatazz's Stormwatch #7 - Supercritical, Part One review

Avatar image for razzatazz

Geisha

This was one of the most unexpectedly good issues of the month and is easily the best of the series thus far.  It might betray it a little too much as well to go too much into the actual plot developments as the revelation of them is central to enjoying this issue.  What I can say though is that whereas the series thus far has been working off of a lot of characters which have shown very little personality, here those personalities have come to life - especially J'onn and Jenny - but the others also showed some improvement.  The team is responding to a disturbance at the site of the Chernobyl reactor and things get progressively worse for them.  Probably the highlight here was Jack talking to the abandoned and poisoned city.

Other reviews for Stormwatch #7 - Supercritical, Part One

All She Wanted Was a Puppy 0

Sigh. Look, it's better than the Green Lantern banner because I get the point of this one. It's not hyping a movie that didn't need extra hype, and its for a good cause. But it doesn't change the fact that the "We Can Be Heroes" banner is a huge detriment to the covers its on.Farewell Paul Cornell.... Hello Paul Jenkins? It might just be me, but things didn't feel as smooth as when Cornell was writing. I could just be biased, I really like Paul Cornell, and I know very little of Paul Jenkins. It...

New Writer = Meh 0

Like I state in most of my reviews, I am a new reader to DC. What little I know about Stormwatch Pre-New 52 is that it used to belong under a different DC imprint, either Wildstorm or Vertigo, but I don't remember which. So I realize this team has been merged into the mainstream DC Universe. With that being said, I find my interest waning every month.The GoodJack Hawksmoor. This character is easily my favorite on Stormwatch. The basis for his ability to communicate with the cities of the world i...