Follow

Storm

Character » Storm appears in 10181 issues.

Born to an American photo journalist and Kenyan princess, Ororo Munroe is one of the most recognizabe superheroines in the Marvel Universe. Using her unique ability to see and manipulate natural energy patterns of the universe to summon any type of weather phenomenon she desires in the blink of an eye, she is called Storm.

Which level is storm at?

• 76 results
    kasya_carey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By kasya_carey

Which level is storm and if her powers are written correctly what level should she be.

The Scale

Tier 11: Lower-Dimensional

11-C: Point level

0-dimensional Characters

11-B: Line level

1-dimensional characters

11-A: Plane level

2-dimensional characters

Tier 10: Regular

10-C: Below Average Human level

Physically impaired humans. Small animals.

10-B: Average Human level

Normal human characters.

10-A: Athlete level

Athletes, most fighting characters from action movies.

Tier 9: Superhuman

9-C: Street level

Peak Humans to Low Superhuman. Few physically very strong olympic level athletes and martial artists in real life. Most protagonists and final villains from action/martial arts movies. Large animals.

9-B: Wall level

Characters/Weapons who can destroy a wall, or those who can easily harm characters with wall level durability. Very large animals.

9-A: Room/Small Building level

Characters/Weapons who can destroy a room or a small building, or those who can easily harm characters with room level durability. Extremely large animals.

Tier 8: Urban

8-C: Building level

Characters/Weapons who can destroy a building, or those who can easily harm characters with building level durability.

8-B: City Block level

Characters/Weapons who can destroy a city-block, or those who can easily harm characters with city-block level durability.

8-A: Multi-City Block level

Characters/Weapons who can destroy multiple city-blocks, or those who can easily harm characters with multi city-block level durability.

Tier 7: Nuclear

7-C: Town level

Characters who can destroy a town, or those who can easily harm characters with town level durability.

7-B: City level

Characters/Weapons who can destroy a city, or those who can easily harm characters with city level durability.

7-A: Mountain level

Characters/Weapons who can destroy a large mountain, or those who can easily harm characters with mountain level durability.

Tier 6: Tectonic

6-C: Island level

Characters/Weapons who can destroy a large island, or those who can easily harm characters with island level durability.

6-B: Country level

Characters who can destroy a country, or those who can easily harm characters with country level durability.

6-A: Continent level

Characters who can destroy a continent, or those who can easily harm characters with continent level durability.

Tier 5: Planetary

5-C: Moon level

Characters who can destroy a moon, or an astrological object of similar proportion.

5-B: Planet level

Characters who can create/destroy a planet.

5-A: Large/Multi-Planet level

Characters who can create/destroy multiple planets, or large gas giants such as Jupiter and Saturn.

Tier 4: Stellar

4-C: Star level

Characters who can create/destroy a star.

4-B: Solar System level

Characters who can create/destroy a solar system.

4-A: Multi-Solar System level

Characters who can create/destroy multiple solar systems.

Tier 3: Cosmic

3-C: Galaxy level

Characters who can create/destroy a galaxy.

3-B: Multi-Galaxy level

Characters who can create/destroy multiple galaxies.

3-A: Universe level

This category is separated in the following manner:

Universe level: Characters who can destroy all of the physical matter within an observable universe at full power. More specifically, usually via an explosion, omnidirectional energy blast, or a shockwave, that encompasses all of the stars and planets within a universe.

High Universe level: Characters who have an infinite degree of 3-dimensional power. Alternately 4-dimensional power that is shown as completely qualitatively superior to 3-Dimensional beings, but is less than universal in scale. Or that allows them to create large parts of a universal continuum. Take note that we consider most small scale time-space abilities as hax, not as AP.

Tier 2: Multi-Universal

2-C: Multi-Universe level

Universe level+: ("Low 2-C") This is for characters who can destroy and/or create the entire 4-dimensional space-time of one universe, not just the physical matter within one. For example, an entire timeline.

Multi-Universe level: Characters who can destroy and/or create up to 1000 universal space-time continuums.

2-B: Multiverse level

Characters who can create and/or destroy 1001 to 10^500 universal space-time continuums. 10^500 is the scientifically theorized number of 4-dimensional universal space-time continuums within our own multiverse.

2-A: Multiverse level+

Multiverse level+: Characters who can destroy and/or create 10^500 to an infinite number of 4-dimensional universal space-time continuums.

High Multiverse level+: Characters who are 5-dimensional, and/or can destroy and/or create 5-dimensional space-time constructs of a not insignificant size.

Tier 1: Extradimensional

1-C: Complex Multiverse level

These are 6-11-dimensional characters. Even 6-dimensional characters can logically easily destroy a more than countably infinite number of 5-dimensional space-time continuums, and 7-dimensional characters exceed that scale a more than countably infinite number of times, and so onwards. However, these characters do not exceed the 11-dimensional scale of the complete totality of a full multiverse, as defined by M-Theory.

Low Complex Multiverse level: 6-dimensional characters.

Complex Multiverse level: 7-dimensional, 8-dimensional and 9-dimensional characters. Alternatively ones that are positioned at an unknown/unspecified level within this category.

High Complex Multiverse level: 10-dimensional and 11-dimensional characters.

1-B: Hyperverse level

12-dimensional beings and above. These are characters that are beyond complex multiversal scale.

"Hyperverse" in this case comes from two words: "Hyper", which is used in mathematics to designate higher-dimensional space, and something extreme, above or beyond the usual level. As well as "verse" as a short for "universe". So it is intended as a description of a superior higher-dimensional existence, beyond conventional reality.

12-dimensional characters are a more than countably infinite number of times greater than a full complex M-Theory multiverse, 13-dimensional character are a more than countably infinite number of times greater than that and so onwards.

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Over 9000

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 114

kasya_carey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 114

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well....the planetary part just left me scratching my head. She's got planet wide range but we've never seen her do what listed here ..

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Over 5,300,000,000

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By jhazzroucher

Ororo Munroe aka Storm's power level is cannot be measured. Numbers are not infinite but her powers are.

So i'd say Storm's power level is incalculable.

helloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

City block level.

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She has been able to channel the energies of a million stars during her galatic core feat. She was also able to heal a dimension with her Trion feat. However, with all of that i would say she could cause planetary destruction but not sure she could blow up a planet.

so with that i would put her somewhere between 5B and 6A

Avatar image for majinblackheart
    MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 7

#11  Edited By MajinBlackheart  Moderator

Tier 7

Avatar image for shepardoakenprime
    ShepardOakenPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Like butterflykyss mentioned, her feat in space should put her at planetary level at her absolute highest or have the potential to be. Otherwise she sits comfortably at Continent level when at normal power levels on Earth.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for life_without_progress
    life_without_progress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If I have to choose, Tier 11

kasya_carey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

helloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@helloman: you're joking right

All I know is that she can control the weather, that should not put her above planet level at best if she could control all the weather in the world. But I am seeing her in action in recent comics, and I would put her maybe being able to endanger a city, but I personally have not seen anything like that and I think conflicts with the X-men would end faster if she were that level. But by all means tell me what you think, since you were the one asking what people like me think her power level is in the first place.

kasya_carey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By kasya_carey

@helloman: Well with wind alone she's tier 7 my opinion because her winds can hold nukes plus bust mountains. With lighting I would say moon to planet level because her lightning easily went through Crust of the earth.(and that was only one strike) Blizzards and ice are continent level. (she almost created a new ice age too)Her solar winds are planet level. Storm is a planet wrecker(could possibly be a planet buster) I think she could easily destroy the moon.

helloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kasya_carey: Sorry if I sounded snappy and thanks for the information. I would move her up tiers with what you said.

storm-is-life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

No Caption Provided

Storm at full potential can do this.

RabumAlal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

B-list hero for sure.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@helloman said:
    @kasya_carey said:

@helloman: you're joking right

All I know is that she can control the weather, that should not put her above planet level at best if she could control all the weather in the world. But I am seeing her in action in recent comics, and I would put her maybe being able to endanger a city, but I personally have not seen anything like that and I think conflicts with the X-men would end faster if she were that level. But by all means tell me what you think, since you were the one asking what people like me think her power level is in the first place.

I understand you now. You haven't really seen what else Storm can do. But there's a thread here that will help you know more about Storm's powers.

This: http://comicvine.gamespot.com/storm/4005-1444/forums/the-thermodynamics-mechanics-and-feats-of-storms-p-719868/#1350

http://comicvine.gamespot.com/storm/4005-1444/forums/the-thermodynamics-mechanics-and-feats-of-storms-p-719868/#1350

kasya_carey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@storm-is-life: that the black vortex storm. I'm sure that wasn't any of her powers.

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rabumalal: wrong thread this is about level. however she is very much a list

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Storm is a Mixture of many Tier's Due to the fact her powers adapt to whatever environment she's in including other Dimensions as well as Space. Also note that Storm hasn't reached her FULL potential.

This is Storm Now:

Tier 9: Superhuman- Peak Humans to Low Superhuman. Few physically very strong olympic level athletes and martial artists in real life. Most protagonists and final villains from action/martial arts movies. Large animals.

Tier 6: Tectonic- Characters who can destroy a continent, or those who can easily harm characters with continent level durability.

Tier 5: Planetary- Characters who can create/destroy a planet.

Tier 4: Stellar- Characters who can create/destroy a star.

Now if I tied in Storm's Magical Potential as well as her Full Potential she'd be TO OP.

Storm is a High-Mid Tier due to her Human Body limitations.

Avatar image for deactivated-59dfd33ed3601
    deactivated-59dfd33ed3601

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mid-tier

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

Well if her powers were written correctly, she'd still be a glass cannon of the big leagues. I'd say she's planetary on offense... because I think her grabbing non-weather phenomenon like solar winds is rubbish but she has demonstrated the ability to affect most of the weather on Earth at once. But normal human levels when something actually hits her... and I mean if you get through her weather powers, all it takes to injure her or knock her out is what it would take to knock any other human of her size out.

kasya_carey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well if her powers were written correctly, she'd still be a glass cannon of the big leagues. I'd say she's planetary on offense... because I think her grabbing non-weather phenomenon like solar winds is rubbish but she has demonstrated the ability to affect most of the weather on Earth at once. But normal human levels when something actually hits her... and I mean if you get through her weather powers, all it takes to injure her or knock her out is what it would take to knock any other human of her size out.

But Storm wouldn't allow herself to be hit though.

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85: why do u think her being able to warp solar wind is rubbish?

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because it's not a weather phenomenon despite 'winds' being part of the name.

Well she gets hit pretty often though :)

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@butterflykyss said:

Because it's not a weather phenomenon despite 'winds' being part of the name.

Well she gets hit pretty often though :)

But we know she has the ability to make her harder to be hit. Writers just don't get it.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

But we know she has the ability to make her harder to be hit. Writers just don't get it.

I take that as it's written, she may be harder to hit, not impossible.

kasya_carey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85: solar energy is part of her powers in weather. Plus without the sun there is no weather.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85: solar energy is part of her powers in weather. Plus without the sun there is no weather.

No it isn't, otherwise she'd be able to conjure sunlight and heat at will. And no, without an atmosphere there would be no weather, the sun just affects it indirectly by how it heats the oceans.

ShepardOakenPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85: If you go to Storm's thermodynamics and feats thread, it gives more explanation of what Storm does and doesn't have control of. But in short, she controls the energies that govern the weather, which gives her access to 5 or so different energies, which are explained on the thread. This is why Storm does have powers in space, as she doesn't need an atmosphere to simply take control of the energies available.

She has actually generated heat by agitating the air molecules.

kasya_carey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85: we have an atmosphere because of the sun. She can make heated plasma and heat at will.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85: we have an atmosphere because of the sun. She can make heated plasma and heat at will.

Wrong. The Earth has an atmosphere because it has a molten iron core.

ShepardOakenPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kasya_carey: @outside_85: Actually planets have atmospheres because of their gravity, and Earth has its special atmosphere due to both volcanos releasing gases and the Sun helped through a bacteria that could live from the energy of the sun that could create oxygen.

As far as do planets need a sun to have an atmosphere I'm not sure and I don't think so, but they don't need a molten core either.

kasya_carey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85: actually it's the core and the sun that have earth it's atmosphere. So without the sun earth would not have one or would have a weak one.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kasya_carey said:

Wrong. The Earth has an atmosphere because it has a molten iron core.

It's not called atmosphere. people just name it atmosphere.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85: actually it's the core and the sun that have earth it's atmosphere. So without the sun earth would not have one or would have a weak one.

Do explain then why neither Pluto, the Moon or Mercury have one.

ShepardOakenPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85: Apparently my posts are non existent but I'm gonna try once more.

Pluto doesn't have one because it's gases are frozen, but once it's closer to the sun it actually does have an atmosphere. Mercury has an exosphere which is a type of atmosphere, and the Moon was recently confirmed to have an atmosphere.

kasya_carey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By kasya_carey

@kasya_carey said:

Do explain then why neither Pluto, the Moon or Mercury have one.

as stated above

kasya_carey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think she’s at a planet level while on earth in space large star to solar system level

Her goddess powers at minimum should be universal scaling to Adversary even those he compares the multiverse guardian Roma

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Toratorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stomped-by-Doombot level.

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@toratorn: naw absolutely incorrect. read marvel comics present issue 48. ororo burns out Dooms suit with her lightning.

Toratorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.