Follow

Storm

Character » Storm appears in 10183 issues.

Born to an American photo journalist and Kenyan princess, Ororo Munroe is one of the most recognizabe superheroines in the Marvel Universe. Using her unique ability to see and manipulate natural energy patterns of the universe to summon any type of weather phenomenon she desires in the blink of an eye, she is called Storm.

What's Rachel's Issue w/ Storm?

Avatar image for deactivated-5a77aa5e0a324
    deactivated-5a77aa5e0a324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I admittedly haven't been up to date with whatever is going on in X-Men, but whenever I see scans from it Rachel is always being super catty and questioning Storm's leadership (even after she accepted Ororo as team leader). Can someone tell me what is going on?

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's really just contrived and forced conflict for the sake of drama that Wood established when the all-female team launched, and the current writer (Willow Wilson) is just picking up where Wood left off.

Storm and Rachel came into conflict over a decision that Storm made to possibly kill Karima Shapandar (who was possessed by a deadly advesary at the time) if they could not find a way to save her. Rachel was upset that Storm was willing to kill a friend/teammate, and she did end up finding a way to neutralize the threat without killing Karima. After that Rachel was upset that Storm assumed leadership of the team without consulting the group (something that neither Cyclops or Storm have had to do in the past). After that Storm officially "formalized" the team (something she has never done in the past -__-) and was open to having the group vote on who should lead. This was to appease Rachel mainly, as Psylocke, Jubilee, and M didn't have a problem following Storm. However this vote never came to pass, as the team rallied behind Storm, including Rachel, when they had to fight The Future.

Storm has remained the official team leader since then, and the last sotry arc focused on Rachel and her dealing with the Shiar who killed her family. This current arc under Willow Wilson's pen just started a few weeks ago, and she stated she wants to pick up where Wood left off, and will revisit the tension between Storm and Rachel.

I actually liked the conflict between them at first, since I think both had valid reasons for their points of view and something I think would come between two long time X-Men, but Rachel questioning Storm taking the reigns of leadership was ridiculous. She was under Storm's leadership in the 80's and again in the early 2000's when Storm started the XSE. Both times Rachel had no problem with Storm leading, so I don't see why she would question it now.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I didn't like the idea of this whole Rachel-Storm darma.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jhazzroucher: i dont mind it if it makes sense. Cannonball and Bishop have played opposing positions to Storm that made sense and gave XXM and Uncanny more interesting aspects to the story.

neelay3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I should start trying to get hold of the all female X-Men. Has it been good?

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By jhazzroucher

@jhazzroucher: i dont mind it if it makes sense. Cannonball and Bishop have played opposing positions to Storm that made sense and gave XXM and Uncanny more interesting aspects to the story.

You can't blame me because readers are thinking Storm is not a good leader because of that idea. Even Colossus questioned Storm's leadership before Rachel did. It's always like that. I wonder who would be next to question Storm's leadership.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a77aa5e0a324
    deactivated-5a77aa5e0a324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jhazzroucher: True, I saw a bunch of people on scansdaily going in on Storm because she wouldn't let Piotr go on a mission involving the Gem of Cyttorak, and told him she wasn't happy about becoming his new de facto babysitter now that Logan is dead (both valid points in my mind).

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jhazzroucher: True, I saw a bunch of people on scansdaily going in on Storm because she wouldn't let Piotr go on a mission involving the Gem of Cyttorak, and told him she wasn't happy about becoming his new de facto babysitter now that Logan is dead (both valid points in my mind).

OH I was referring to the adjectiveless xmen team before we got the all-female x-men team.

With regard to what you have mentioned which is what is happening in amazing x-men, I think Yost stated that Storm's emotions were still affected by Wolverine's death. Yost explanation is fine but it kinda made Storm look bad still.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By dernman  Online

Her fans. :p

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.