Follow

Storm

Character » Storm appears in 10183 issues.

Born to an American photo journalist and Kenyan princess, Ororo Munroe is one of the most recognizabe superheroines in the Marvel Universe. Using her unique ability to see and manipulate natural energy patterns of the universe to summon any type of weather phenomenon she desires in the blink of an eye, she is called Storm.

What if Storm could use her wind in a similar as TK

kasya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By kasya
    No Caption Provided

So I had this crazy ideas what if Storm could use her wind as telekinesis since she has good control over it.

kasya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People let me know what you think.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Well I believe she has shown that before.

Zearing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

I'd be okay with it.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She's already done quite a bit of a what a telekinetic can do with her air based power applications.

kasya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Would it be cool if she use her wind like Pyslocke did her tk for make psi blades to make air blades and use the wind to surround her hands and give her super punches hard enough to punch even Mr. Marvel and Hulk around with H2H combat.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kasya said:

Would it be cool if she use her wind like Pyslocke did her tk for make psi blades to make air blades and use the wind to surround her hands and give her super punches hard enough to punch even Mr. Marvel and Hulk around with H2H combat.

I would love to see some air, lightning, and ice weapons :-) for close quarter combat. I know she has used wind, thunder, and electricity to enhance her strikes in H2H (with the electrcity missing the mark because BP evaded it and gut punched her). But yeah....elemental weapons would be awesome. The creative developments I would like to see more of though are defensive fields/power applications and more showons of how deadly she can be with elemental control insdie of the body.

kasya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thunderbolt30: I would love to see her use her attacks like on Naruto and Sekirei make then animated like water dragon something like that or use a move that Kekashi did with lightning blade she could use the wind to make her faster while she is running on the ground and she is slicing with the blade. and like Sekirei she could use the water to be sharp arrow and dangerous blades, make water from the air that I think she can do, or make her own blast up with all her elementals she controls.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kasya said:

@thunderbolt30: I would love to see her use her attacks like on Naruto and Sekirei make then animated like water dragon something like that or use a move that Kekashi did with lightning blade she could use the wind to make her faster while she is running on the ground and she is slicing with the blade. and like Sekirei she could use the water to be sharp arrow and dangerous blades, make water from the air that I think she can do, or make her own blast up with all her elementals she controls.

Yes she can and has pulled water from the air. I also like the idea of her combining elements into a combined blast. I don't want her too much like the anime charactters though. I don't find that interesting and their powers (especially their speed) can be way too over the top for my taste. Combining elements into a single attack would be something I'd like to see. Not sure how that could be pulled off per say because she controls quite a few different elemental forces and not all in an directly offensive way.

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thunderbolt30: screw that. You piss her off, she throws the ocean at you..heh.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jhazzroucher: don't quote /tag me in any post over three days old again.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't get the question

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormphoenix: could she use her winds like a telekinetic could.

To answer, she could do some pretty basic but disastrous things with wind like a tk user uses that power like force beams, levitating objects, flight, shields (by cramming the air molecules together hard enough to become a solid surface) etc. But you'd be hard pressed to find her disassembling things at the molecular level with her power over wind and air.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@malachi_munroe: But her control over wind and air isn't it like TK? I remember her levitating a huge building using her precise control over the wind.

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormphoenix: it is.. This woman picked a lock by using wind and a pebble..

kasya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Advanced Tk has been know to tear ppl in half or pull a limb off. Could Storm possibly do this using via wind application?

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@malachi_munroe: OH Yeah I read that. You know now you brought that to my attention it makes me think she should take the air out of people lungs tp style

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kasya said:

Advanced Tk has been know to tear ppl in half or pull a limb off. Could Storm possibly do this using via wind application?

Hmmm razor winds would be an interesting development. Shape the air into a blade, compress it to razor keen sharpness, and then let it lop some poor sap in half :-). I don't know if we will see this from Storm on panel with a human body. Like she did lop off Harmon's cyborg leg with a compact mini-whirlwind but I'd doubt we'd see her do this to a human body part.

Avatar image for deactivated-599b4bc7465db
    deactivated-599b4bc7465db

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

i wondered if she could use them as tk protection and idk if she ever has but if she's capable of making storms in other people's brans maybe she could do it in her own and make it hard for that TKer to concentrate on her thoughts or something

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thunderbolt30: What you said about Razor Winds really made me think. Storm could probably form control winds like how Aang can with his air bending slicing rock cutting through water and fire.

kasya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also what stopping Storm from doing what tks and IW doing put bubbles into someone and make them expand or explode of course it would air but still deadly.

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Malachi_Munroe

@kasya: morals. She doesn't kill really. Hell, I think she would rather be killed than kill at one point... At least I think so.

kasya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@malachi_munroe: but this could use this as a threat to warn or bloodlusted right?

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kasya: @malachi_munroe: Yes it is her morals, but given what she has been doing before secret wars came and her change going back to Mohawk I think her morals are changing she is becoming more how should I say deadly and not caring. As mystique said to storm when she gave sinister a seizure she has "Changed". I don't doubt that we will see some more deadly weather and feats with storm. I'm excited for Extraordinary X-men.

xmenfallen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think she can but only the simple telekinetic stuff like throwing objects at targets with her wind or making other people fly. But i dont think she can do the intricate telekinetic stuff like what can jean do

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kasya: morals. She doesn't kill really. Hell, I think she would rather be killed than kill at one point... At least I think so.

An air bubble formed in the spine is pretty lethal too. The trauma from the experience is pretty intense from what I hear.

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@roddy010: ouch... I'm gonna go read up on this. Hell, could you imagine if she made lungs explode? We already know she can take it out or force it in, but she's never blew them apart. What if she solidified the air by cramming the molecules together?

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@roddy010: ouch... I'm gonna go read up on this. Hell, could you imagine if she made lungs explode? We already know she can take it out or force it in, but she's never blew them apart. What if she solidified the air by cramming the molecules together?

It's definitely in the realm of possibility since she's imploded both Jean and Hulk's lungs with toxins/grit to suffocate them. I would like to see this application of her powers explored more, since air manipulation can be quite deadly. Though I'm still waiting on a damn air pressure shield. Her manipulation over pressure should be adept enough to where she can generate a high pressured dome around herself.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@roddy010 said:
    @malachi_munroe said:

It's definitely in the realm of possibility since she's imploded both Jean and Hulk's lungs with toxins/grit to suffocate them. I would like to see this application of her powers explored more, since air manipulation can be quite deadly. Though I'm still waiting on a damn air pressure shield. Her manipulation over pressure should be adept enough to where she can generate a high pressured dome around herself.

Y'know she did something similar in that cartoon show Wolverine & The X-Men. She was fighting against the Brotherhood and Dominio was shooting some lasers and Storm blocked it with what I thought was a pressure dome.

You have a scan for that? For the Jean and Hulk thing?

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@roddy010: Ok yea I thought so. Thank You dude :) this is the second time right she has snatched the air out of someones breath?

Tonix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@roddy010: I would love to see her wind/air abilities explored more, like creating hot air as well as her cold air to give someone a quick heat stroke and also a pressure dome would be perfect defense, especially from heavy hitters

kasya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tonix: she has already did these things. I was referring to advanced level tk. Like splitting ppl open, tearing them to shreds, air bubbles and etc.

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@roddy010: Ok yea I thought so. Thank You dude :) this is the second time right she has snatched the air out of someones breath?

More like forced the air into their lungs. Though this is more proof of how she developed this ability and became more precise with it.

@tonix said:

@roddy010: I would love to see her wind/air abilities explored more, like creating hot air as well as her cold air to give someone a quick heat stroke and also a pressure dome would be perfect defense, especially from heavy hitters

Agreed. Combing heat and cold in such a way could cause organs to explode, which is a pretty lethal form of attack. I'd like to see her create an EM Wind shield, which has been powerful enough to counter Sienna blaze's full power/the force of a tsunami. So heavy hitter definitely wouldn't be a problem.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kasya said:

Also what stopping Storm from doing what tks and IW doing put bubbles into someone and make them expand or explode of course it would air but still deadly.

Agreed on the morals keeping these types of power applications in check. She's already shown that she can manipulate pressure, air (by removing it from the body), and the electrical impulses inside the body. Also noted that she can freeze a target's insides. expanding an air bubble or pressure inside a target should be well within her power.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thunderbolt30: What you said about Razor Winds really made me think. Storm could probably form control winds like how Aang can with his air bending slicing rock cutting through water and fire.

Would love to see this. Kind of like a version of Windshear's hard air constructs but Ororo's own unique variation on it. I think it would be a step above just having the force of wind ripping something to pieces.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormphoenix said:

Would love to see this. Kind of like a version of Windshear's hard air constructs but Ororo's own unique variation on it. I think it would be a step above just having the force of wind ripping something to pieces.

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!! what if storm blood bend!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THAT WOULD BE COOL!!!!. I mean she has a pretty good control over water, but DAMN IT!!! I can only dream. But you can''t tell me that it wouldn't be cool for Storm to do that.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thunderbolt30 said:
    @stormphoenix said:

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!! what if storm blood bend!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THAT WOULD BE COOL!!!!. I mean she has a pretty good control over water, but DAMN IT!!! I can only dream. But you can''t tell me that it wouldn't be cool for Storm to do that.

That would be pretty damn EPIC. Or, since she already noted that she can freeze a target's insides, have her super-heat their body to boil their blood.

Thinking back a bit when she created that heatwave explosion and induced the insta-heat strokes, that is a pretty devastating use of her powers. Heat strokes usually take some time being exposed to extreme heat for it to get a person's internal body temp high enough to be in stroke territory. I can only imagine how hot Storm made it for it to happen instantly. And IIRC we saw that there was a fire in one of the panels so it must have been a pretty intense temp to cause the forest to catch fire, and a demonstration of exceptional control so that it only effected a limited (but wide) radius.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Mooty_Pass

@thunderbolt30: YES! EXACTLY!. That heat wave blast she created was instant. And threatening to freeze peoples blood and hearts until explodes(Which I don't doubt she can do). GEEZ! this right here proves Storm is REALLY OP!. But I understand why she must hold back. And be written down. I feel for her knowing how hard it is to always hold back when she knows she could destroy a good hand full of Heroes/Villains with in seconds. I too sometimes just want to unleash my full fury on some people. haha

Storm PLEASE!! LET GO OF YOUR MORALS!! DESTROY! YOUR BODY!!!. Dang it Go into space for a year and explore more with what you can do with Radiant and Solar Energy and do more cool stuff with the atmosphere and Biosphere also how about some MORE Potential Energy PLEASE!! *SIGH* is that so much to ask. ;-( I swear Extraordinary X-Men better deliver. ;-(

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By jhazzroucher

@stormphoenix said:
    @thunderbolt30 said:
    @stormphoenix said:

That would be pretty damn EPIC. Or, since she already noted that she can freeze a target's insides, have her super-heat their body to boil their blood.

Thinking back a bit when she created that heatwave explosion and induced the insta-heat strokes, that is a pretty devastating use of her powers. Heat strokes usually take some time being exposed to extreme heat for it to get a person's internal body temp high enough to be in stroke territory. I can only imagine how hot Storm made it for it to happen instantly. And IIRC we saw that there was a fire in one of the panels so it must have been a pretty intense temp to cause the forest to catch fire, and a demonstration of exceptional control so that it only effected a limited (but wide) radius.

Storm can brainfreeze so I think bloodbending won't be necessary..

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jhazzroucher: True but it is not the same as blood-bending.

@thunderbolt30: YES! EXACTLY!. That heat wave blast she created was instant. And threatening to freeze peoples blood and hearts until explodes(Which I don't doubt she can do). GEEZ! this right here proves Storm is REALLY OP!. But I understand why she must hold back. And be written down. I feel for her knowing how hard it is to always hold back when she knows she could destroy a good hand full of Heroes/Villains with in seconds. I too sometimes just want to unleash my full fury on some people. haha

Storm PLEASE!! LET GO OF YOUR MORALS!! DESTROY! YOUR BODY!!!. Dang it Go into space for a year and explore more with what you can do with Radiant and Solar Energy and do more cool stuff with the atmosphere and Biosphere also how about some MORE Potential Energy PLEASE!! *SIGH* is that so much to ask. ;-( I swear Extraordinary X-Men better deliver. ;-(

Lol on the bold. And I would love some more exploration of her space weather abilities. Magnetic storms, cyclones, lightning, solar wind, star energies, magnetic and EM fields to manipulate, etc. I know she has described her powers having limitations while in space (and are harder to control), which makes sense since in comparison to what we see her do in a planetary atmosphere, but she still has quite a few applications for her powers while in space.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thunderbolt30: That wasn't me who highlighted the bold stuff it was jhazz. Yes I agree it is harder for her to control weather in space, but thats why she must go and practice more. She has a lot she can work with stars etc. I'm just tired of her being on earth.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loving your post especially the bolded ones. :)

kasya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/186328.php

Storm could pull a Sue Storm with this one and Tks

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kasya said:

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/186328.php

Storm could pull a Sue Storm with this one and Tks

Yes she surely could. I've wanted to see her take her air/pressure manipulation here for some time.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.