Follow

Storm

Character » Storm appears in 10183 issues.

Born to an American photo journalist and Kenyan princess, Ororo Munroe is one of the most recognizabe superheroines in the Marvel Universe. Using her unique ability to see and manipulate natural energy patterns of the universe to summon any type of weather phenomenon she desires in the blink of an eye, she is called Storm.

Was 2012 a Good Year For Storm?

• 99 results
    WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@butterflykyss said:

@White Mage said:

@butterflykyss said:

@White Mage said:

@butterflykyss said:

@White Mage said:

I repeat, mediocre.

And I will add: Irritating

was the avengers stint the irritating part?

Oh, Avengers, Gillen, and Hickman

No doubt

hahahahah.. what story did hickman do where storm was featured again?

That stupid FF cameo she had where Black Panther became king of the undead............................where she went back to 90's chants out of nowhere.

Now you know I love me some Storm chants........but that one was just dumb

LOL.. post a scan i want to see what she said if you have it LOL

I haven't forgotten you..............It's buried somewhere.lol I'll find it in a few.lol

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By butterflykyss

@White Mage said:

@butterflykyss said:

@White Mage said:

@butterflykyss said:

@White Mage said:

@butterflykyss said:

@White Mage said:

I repeat, mediocre.

No doubt

That stupid FF cameo she had where Black Panther became king of the undead............................where she went back to 90's chants out of nowhere.

I haven't forgotten you..............It's buried somewhere.lol I'll find it in a few.lol

thank you boo :)

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@butterflykyss said:

@White Mage said:

@butterflykyss said:

@White Mage said:

@butterflykyss said:

@White Mage said:

@butterflykyss said:

@White Mage said:

I repeat, mediocre.

No doubt

Gillen and Hickman just really.............didn't get her.............It REALLY annoyed me

No Caption Provided
    Son Of Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#54  Edited By Son Of Storm

That image shouldn't exist.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

@White Mage: Ugh....talk about TAS Storm realness...in the not so good way!

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By butterflykyss

@White Mage said:

@butterflykyss said:

@White Mage said:

@butterflykyss said:

@White Mage said:

@butterflykyss said:

@White Mage said:

@butterflykyss said:

@White Mage said:

I repeat, mediocre.

No doubt

Gillen and Hickman just really.............didn't get her.............It REALLY annoyed me

No Caption Provided

so why does this make you say that hickman didn't get her... was it the "i will call lightning blah blah?" if so why is this so bad to you... and what about gillen did you not like with Uncanny (i believe right?)

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

@butterflykyss: It sounds so "speechy"....like TAS Storm lol. "Winds....howl and raise the She hasn't really used that "metaphorical preachy goddess type" and kind of dialogue since her early X-Men days really. And Gillen -__-...? I don't want him near Storm ever again. He is a good point you raise though. He made Storm one-dimensional with his take on her and she was beyond preachy under his pen. Every issue had her explaining the importance of non-violence accompanied with a lightning bolt.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

@butterflykyss: I will say that if this is a one-time occurrence I'd be willing to give Hickman a shot at writing Storm. He just needs to take a clue from Wood, Kim, Ellis, Yost or Claremont. Even Aaron is writing Storm well so he has some takes to draw. I just don't want to regress her development, though I didn't mind it back then, to a point that could make her unlikable in general because she wold sound weird and arrogant. Coming from an asgardian or some deity type character this tpe of speech fits, but coming from Ororo after 30+ years of progression in terms of her being well aware that she is all too mortal comes off....weird to me.

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By butterflykyss

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

@butterflykyss: I will say that if this is a one-time occurrence I'd be willing to give Hickman a shot at writing Storm. He just needs to take a clue from Wood, Kim, Ellis, Yost or Claremont. Even Aaron is writing Storm well so he has some takes to draw. I just don't want to regress her development, though I didn't mind it back then, to a point that could make her unlikable in general because she wold sound weird and arrogant. Coming from an asgardian or some deity type character this tpe of speech fits, but coming from Ororo after 30+ years of progression in terms of her being well aware that she is all too mortal comes off....weird to me.

Ok I'm with you now.. Yea I do remember in Gillen's story she came off preachy and she only used lightning from what I could remember. So yea I would hope he never writes her again. But her making the speechs being OOC at this stage in her development makes sense. Though I don't mind it, I can completely understand why this would seem like a regression in her character.

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@Son Of Storm said:

That image shouldn't exist.

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

@White Mage: Ugh....talk about TAS Storm realness...in the not so good way!

I AGREE

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

@butterflykyss: It sounds so "speechy"....like TAS Storm lol. "Winds....howl and raise the She hasn't really used that "metaphorical preachy goddess type" and kind of dialogue since her early X-Men days really. And Gillen -__-...? I don't want him near Storm ever again. He is a good point you raise though. He made Storm one-dimensional with his take on her and she was beyond preachy under his pen. Every issue had her explaining the importance of non-violence accompanied with a lightning bolt.

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

I agree with all of this............And I love her chants!!.......but there's a less corny way for her to do them!

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By butterflykyss

@White Mage said:

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

I agree with all of this............And I love her chants!!.......but there's a less corny way for her to do them!

I liked her chants too especially the TAS chants... it made her sound more regal for some reason.. lol.

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@butterflykyss said:

@White Mage said:

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

I liked her chants too especially the TAS chants... it made her sound more regal for some reason.. lol.

Cause she was ordering the elemental hoes, and they was obeyin! LOL

I miss her chants :(

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

@White Mage said:

@butterflykyss said:

@White Mage said:

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

"Elemental hoes" lol...she sure did pimp those elementzzzz. This type of dialogue today makes me think of Fraction. Like how she stated to Bastion's nimrods "You do violence to the daylight, Monsters. The sun is ashamed to look at you. But the tempest has no such qualms." Just hearing that from Ororo today doesn't sound like her anymore to me. It's the kind of dialogue that I think would work better in a thought bubble vs being spoken aloud.

@White Mage: @butterflykyss: One of things I did like about TAS Storm's speeches is that it made her more witchy to me. It was almost like she was casting a weather spell with the way she talked.

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

@White Mage said:

@butterflykyss said:

@White Mage said:

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

"Elemental hoes" lol...she sure did pimp those elementzzzz. This type of dialogue today makes me think of Fraction. Like how she stated to Bastion's nimrods "You do violence to the daylight, Monsters. The sun is ashamed to look at you. But the tempest has no such qualms." Just hearing that from Ororo today doesn't sound like her anymore to me. It's the kind of dialogue that I think would work better in a thought bubble vs being spoken aloud.

@White Mage: @butterflykyss: One of things I did like about TAS Storm's speeches is that it made her more witchy to me. It was almost like she was casting a weather spell with the way she talked.

bingo!

They could be "matured up", but the chants are ALSO a part of her powers. The elements respond to her vocally. Not just mentally. That "witchy" aspect to her powers is something that I have actually been missing. Cause, when it was well done......it was WELLL done.lol

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By butterflykyss

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

@White Mage said:

@butterflykyss said:

@White Mage said:

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

"ELEMENTAL HOES" I LOVE IT!!! HAHAHAAA! And I hated Fraction's Storm HATED it, but the little line that you quoted was kinda nice to me.... ***don't judge me*** LOL

@White Mage said:

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

@White Mage said:

@butterflykyss said:

@White Mage said:

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

bingo!

They could be "matured up", but the chants are ALSO a part of her powers. The elements respond to her vocally. Not just mentally. That "witchy" aspect to her powers is something that I have actually been missing. Cause, when it was well done......it was WELLL done.lol

Good point.. i actually forgot about this aspect of her power lol

Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Storm Calling

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

@White Mage said:

@butterflykyss said:

@White Mage said:

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

She did seem like she was casting spells with her attacks, now that you mention it. Pretty cool way to portray her power execution, even if it's become dated. I like when she does a good speech, I just dislike when it's over the top. I actually did love the first actress in TAS until she was released after only the first season.

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@Storm Calling said:

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

@White Mage said:

@butterflykyss said:

@White Mage said:

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

She did seem like she was casting spells with her attacks, now that you mention it. Pretty cool way to portray her power execution, even if it's become dated. I like when she does a good speech, I just dislike when it's over the top. I actually did love the first actress in TAS until she was released after only the first season.

Her voice was so much..............calmer, and less humorous. The other one had some DRAMATIC VIBRATO

Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Storm Calling

@White Mage said:

@Storm Calling said:

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

@White Mage said:

@butterflykyss said:

@White Mage said:

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

Her voice was so much..............calmer, and less humorous. The other one had some DRAMATIC VIBRATO

LOL! You described it perfectly! I probably liked TAS Storm more than I'll ever admit though.

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@Storm Calling said:

@White Mage said:

@Storm Calling said:

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

@White Mage said:

@butterflykyss said:

@White Mage said:

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

LOL! You described it perfectly! I probably liked TAS Storm more than I'll ever admit though.

Oh, I LOVED her.lol She was over the top after the voice change, but dammit, she was POWERFUL

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By butterflykyss

@Storm Calling said:

@White Mage said:

@Storm Calling said:

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

@White Mage said:

@butterflykyss said:

@White Mage said:

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

Come over to the dark side boo!!!! TAS STorm is the truth!

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

@White Mage said:

@Storm Calling said:

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

@White Mage said:

@butterflykyss said:

@White Mage said:

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

Lol...YES SHE DID! I have to say that Iona Morris handled her business as Storm. She belted out those notes/lines/weather spells in way that as kids had us throwng our underwear at the TV screen and wanting to be Storm lol.

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By butterflykyss

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

@White Mage said:

@Storm Calling said:

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

@White Mage said:

@butterflykyss said:

@White Mage said:

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

Lol...YES SHE DID! I have to say that Iona Morris handled her business as Storm. She belted out those notes/lines/weather spells in way that as kids had us throwng our underwear at the TV screen and wanting to be Storm lol.

Shoooooooooooooooooooowl did.. we used to play xmen in grade school. Must have been like 3rd of 4th grade.. I would always be Storm!!!! and then I wanted to be Cyclops.. oh how age and time changes things, now I'm a BP freak HA!

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

@butterflykyss: Lol...she is. I think line for line...she would pretty much pound any other animated version of Storm, though I liek all of her animated incarnations.

Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Storm Calling

@butterflykyss said:

@Storm Calling said:

@White Mage said:

I loved TAS when I watched it as a kid, and that Storm was pretty awesome. But now... eh.. don't think so. lol

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

@butterflykyss: Lol...grade school x-men. That is cool :-D. My fandom was pretty quiet back then. None of my friends were into comics at that point.When I made a friend who loved comics a few years later (he collected everything dc, marvel, image) and was a huge Jean Grey fan. After that the fanboy within was unleashed.

Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Storm Calling

@White Mage said:

@Storm Calling said:

@White Mage said:

Oh, I LOVED her.lol She was over the top after the voice change, but dammit, she was POWERFUL

She had some really good moments in the series, like when she took on nimrod or was blowing waves back like they were small riffles in a pond. Of when she snatched up the brotherhood team in a tornado and tossed them into a building. lol

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By butterflykyss

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

@butterflykyss: Lol...she is. I think line for line...she would pretty much pound any other animated version of Storm, though I liek all of her animated incarnations.

WAIT A MINUTE??????

EVEN ANIME STORM??

Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Storm Calling

@butterflykyss said:

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

WAIT A MINUTE??????

EVEN ANIME STORM??

LMAO!

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By butterflykyss

@Storm Calling

said:

@butterflykyss said:

@Storm Calling said:

@White Mage said:

I loved TAS when I watched it as a kid, and that Storm was pretty awesome. But now... eh.. don't think so. lol

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

@butterflykyss: Lol...grade school x-men. That is cool :-D. My fandom was pretty quiet back then. None of my friends were into comics at that point.When I made a friend who loved comics a few years later (he collected everything dc, marvel, image) and was a huge Jean Grey fan. After that the fanboy within was unleashed.

When did you turn from a Jean Grey fan to a Storm fanboy??

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

@butterflykyss: I've alwasy been a Storm fanboy. I was never really a big Jean fan TBH. I always liked her but she just never really appealed to me. My friend knew her inside and out though and had ALL things Phoenix. For me...if you didn't have an elemental power you were sh*t :-P!

@butterflykyss said:

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

WAIT A MINUTE??????

EVEN ANIME STORM??

Lol...especially anime Storm. All TAS Storm would have to do is deflect her lightning, which will cause Anime to immediately perspire and be ready to faint. And then all TAS needs to do is cast her weather spell "Winds...remove this weak-a$$ counterfeit hoe from my midst" ...then it's WHOOOOSSHHH...The End ;-).

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@Storm Calling said:

@White Mage said:

@Storm Calling said:

@White Mage said:

She had some really good moments in the series, like when she took on nimrod or was blowing waves back like they were small riffles in a pond. Of when she snatched up the brotherhood team in a tornado and tossed them into a building. lol

And when she lifted a building in order to crush Juggernaut.lol

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

@butterflykyss: I've alwasy been a Storm fanboy. I was never really a big Jean fan TBH. I always liked her but she just never really appealed to me. My friend knew her inside and out though and had ALL things Phoenix. For me...if you didn't have an elemental power you were sh*t :-P!

@butterflykyss said:

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

WAIT A MINUTE??????

EVEN ANIME STORM??

Lol...especially anime Storm. All TAS Storm would have to do is deflect her lightning, which will cause Anime to immediately perspire and be ready to faint. And then all TAS needs to do is cast her weather spell "Winds...remove this weak-a$$ counterfeit hoe from my midst" ...then it's WHOOOOSSHHH...The End ;-).

I sense a wonderful fanfiction!

Why must you post gifs of Angela Bassett? You know it makes my heart hurt that she wasn't Storm.lol

Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Storm Calling

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

@butterflykyss said:

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

WAIT A MINUTE??????

EVEN ANIME STORM??

LOL, that's exactly how it'll go, and I'd love it!

@White Mage said:

@Storm Calling said:

@White Mage said:

@Storm Calling said:

@White Mage said:

Oh we could never forget all of those worthless lives sacrificed for that amazing feat!

DjBest02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#85  Edited By DjBest02

@x_29 said:

It was an alright year for Honey Ororo Child.

I see what you did there... Storm looked beautimus

I guess it was alright. Then again she's got potential to do better.

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@Storm Calling said:

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

@butterflykyss said:

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

WAIT A MINUTE??????

EVEN ANIME STORM??

LOL, that's exactly how it'll go, and I'd love it!

@White Mage said:

@Storm Calling said:

@White Mage said:

@Storm Calling said:

@White Mage said:

Oh we could never forget all of those worthless lives sacrificed for that amazing feat!

So many murders....but it looked WONDERFUL!

I can imagine the "Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo" sounds coming from the many people who were sleeping on their jobs, and awoke to a terrible whistling winds noise.lol

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#87  Edited By jhazzroucher

2012 was a good year for Storm.

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@jhazzroucher said:

I beg to differ. It was awful for her character, and average for her screen time

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By jhazzroucher

@White Mage said:

@jhazzroucher said:

I beg to differ. It was awful for her character, and average for her screen time

for you, not for me

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@jhazzroucher said:

@White Mage said:

@jhazzroucher said:

for you, not for me

You complained frequently about some of her depictions

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By jhazzroucher

@White Mage said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@White Mage said:

@jhazzroucher said:

for you, not for me

but overall it was still a good year for Storm

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@jhazzroucher said:

@White Mage said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@White Mage said:

@jhazzroucher said:

for you, not for me

but overall it was still a good year for Storm

For you, not for me

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#93  Edited By Decoy Elite
    No Caption Provided

Image submitted without comment.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By jhazzroucher

Storm became an Avenger and it matters no matter what she did

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By jhazzroucher

she also kissed Cyclops

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By Decoy Elite

@jhazzroucher said:

Storm became an Avenger and it matters no matter what she did

You mean "it doesn't matter what she did"?

More credence to my drunk theory.

And not caring about what she did is the only way you can accept purple spit.

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By Decoy Elite

@jhazzroucher said:

she also kissed Cyclops

Why would you like that? Don't you ship Wolverine/Storm?

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By jhazzroucher

@Decoy Elite, it was from an alternate universe

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By jhazzroucher

the cover art was awesome!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.