Follow

Storm

Character » Storm appears in 10157 issues.

Born to an American photo journalist and Kenyan princess, Ororo Munroe is one of the most recognizabe superheroines in the Marvel Universe. Using her unique ability to see and manipulate natural energy patterns of the universe to summon any type of weather phenomenon she desires in the blink of an eye, she is called Storm.

The Thermodynamics, Mechanics and Feats of Storm's powers

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1951  Edited By Storm Calling

@mooty_passsaid:

Of Course it's not related to her power....It's Magical Weapon. A Weapon that followed her throughout her history as a character.

Really? Because outside of the original story from the UXM annual it has only appeared again two other times to my knowledge. In To Serve and Protect #3 and in Gold. Both of which were under Guggenheim's pen.

The item was originally made to give her the powers that she lost. It's pointless and overlaps on her real abilities. Guggenheim developed it poorly. The only thing he did was gave her magical lightning against the god, portal creation and breath in outer space. All of which are well within her own innate potential. No thanks!

The Hammer can always come back. It was destroyed once and then it came back it's destroyed the second time, it can always come back. Your, right hammer isn't related to her powers or Godhood, but its a power up that she has used.

That was the original Stormcaster that was destroyed in To Serve & Protect... I was under the impression the hammer she obtained from Gold was from a another Storm from another reality?

Either way, it wasn't destroyed the same way that it was the last time. She shattered it with Thor's hammer(or Thor shattered it with his hammer if we go by Guggenheim's trashy continuity and canon) the first time while she quite literally used up all of its magical energy in order to wipe out that god she fought in its final battle.

There's very little chance that it survived.

I mean it's not like Storm can turn her own Goddess powers on and off since we've seen her do it one time. I think that's reaching a bit.

Actually, we've seen her use it two times. Once to close the storm portals and the second time to send Adversary back to his prison world. Whether or not she can turn it on or off is not relevant to this thread. She still has access to this power unlike Stormcaster and it's continuing to be referenced throughout the BP books. It's also apart of her own innate abilities, and expands to other areas outside of that since it's related to her bloodline magic.

Stormcaster is just another of the many items she's obtained throughout her history like her mother's red ruby and the unstable molecule costume. We don't focus on those items because they aren't relevant to her powers here. Should we also add the Storm elemental that was given god powers from the World War Wendigo arc in Amazing X-men too? Or the hulked out Storm from the Hulk Out Heroes series?

The OP would be full of pointless power ups if we went this route.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Really? Because outside of the original story from the UXM annual it has only appeared again two other times to my knowledge. In To Serve and Protect #3 and in Gold. Both of which were under Guggenheim's pen.

The item was originally made to give her the powers that she lost. It's pointless and overlaps on her real abilities. Guggenheim developed it poorly. The only thing he did was gave her magical lightning against the god, portal creation and breath in outer space. All of which are well within her own innate potential. No thanks!

It's Just a Magical Hammer that boosted her stats nothing else.

The Hammer can always come back. It was destroyed once and then it came back it's destroyed the second time, it can always come back. Your, right hammer isn't related to her powers or Godhood, but its a power up that she has used.

That was the original Stormcaster that was destroyed in To Serve & Protect... I was under the impression the hammer she obtained from Gold was from a another Storm from another reality?

We can only assume that it came from a different reality. It's never stated where. But assumed.

Either way, it wasn't destroyed the same way that it was the last time. She shattered it with Thor's hammer(or Thor shattered it with his hammer if we go by Guggenheim's trashy continuity and canon) the first time while she quite literally used up all of its magical energy in order to wipe out that god she fought in its final battle.

But, it came back to cannon for a little while. It can always come back.

I mean it's not like Storm can turn her own Goddess powers on and off since we've seen her do it one time. I think that's reaching a bit.

Actually, we've seen her use it two times. Once to close the storm portals and the second time to send Adversary back to his prison world. Whether or not she can turn it on or off is not relevant to this thread. She still has access to this power unlike Stormcaster and it's continuing to be referenced throughout the BP books. It's also apart of her own innate abilities, and expands to other areas outside of that since it's related to her bloodline magic.

But your assuming you don't know for sure, because she hasn't done it again. And we still don't even know WHEN this Goddess power takes place in continuity. It's really just as much in limbo as Stormcaster.

Stormcaster is just another of the many items she's obtained throughout her history like her mother's red ruby and the unstable molecule costume. We don't focus on those items because they aren't relevant to her powers here. Should we also add the Storm elemental that was given god powers from the World War Wendigo arc in Amazing X-men too? Or the hulked out Storm from the Hulk Out Heroes series?

Stormcaster is the only thing that has resurfaced in her history than her becoming a Hulk, or a Vampire etc.

The thread would be full of pointless power ups if we went this route.

Not really, it wouldn't those are nothing, but versions of Storm that people till this day do not know off. It's imperative for people to know that she WAS a Thor or WAS a Hulk at one time or WAS a Vampire. There is nothing wrong with adding power ups into a thread as such.

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@butterflykyss:These were all nice examples. I've already started typing up a thorough description of her reaction section. I'll also include scans of the instances that I mentioned here.

Reaction/Coordination/Speed/flight

As discussed a bit above, Storm’s empathic connection to the biosphere offers her an enhanced experience with the natural forces that she can control. This includes the ability to perceive and study elements at a level above what a normal human could observe with the naked eye. For example, Ororo actually taught herself how to create lightning by first studying the flow of electrons in weather patterns. This connection and perception allows her to experience these type of effects at a heightened level and it has allowed her to perform feats such as directly perceiving and intercepting lightning bolts before they can reach her.

They also allow her to generate her powers on a subconscious level, due to the fact that the biosphere in many ways operates like a second conscience for her. We often see this when her emotions fall out of check and create unintended weather events, but she can actively use this to generate her powers at a hastened pace as well. An example of this is when she was shown generating a self-contained hurricane to put out flames. It was explained that this effect all occurred before she had even made the conscious thought to generate them. Her connection to the biosphere is subconscious and instinctual, and it grants her a somewhat enhanced reaction to many factors.

Storm also has dexterity(motor skills) that are well above normal. It’s not clear if this trait originates from her mutants abilities or her mother’s bloodline, but this ability allowed her to use a lockpick with her teeth after her neural circuits had been reduced and scrambled to the state of a six month old infant. Ororo stated that she had the coordination of a young girl as an infant, so she’s had this trait with her long before her mutant powers ever manifested. This would prove that Ororo actually has enhanced motor skills far beyond the scope of a normal human. Which suggests her physical and mental reflexes are more enhanced than a normal person’s.

Bottomline, Storm can perform task that are well above the threshold of a normal human’s reaction. She can generate tornadoes, hurricanes and flash freezes in the literal blink of an eye(and before enhanced humans like Rogue, Wolverine and the Baroness can react), redirect gunfire at point blank range, generate instant blizzards to intercept Quicksilver’s blitz, generate winds and lightning fast enough to block Cyclops’ force beams(she can also physically dodge them), intercept heat seeking missiles before Spider-man can react, dodged Mjolnir thrown by Thor, or tag the blackbird moving at top speed with her lightning. When Emma Frost swapped bodies with her it was revealed that she can warp weather patterns sufficient to generate a powerful Jetstream within a split second.

She’s also fought in hand to hand combat with opponents that have enhanced reflexes(Calisto, Marrow, Khan, Crimson Commando, Black Panther and even skilled Vampires). See Thunderboth30’s Seasoned Combat Veteran thread for more physical combat feats and info.

Ororo can use her powers to fly at incredible speeds. This can also be used for combat purposes by “blitzing” her opponents. The handbooks typically list her speed at around 300 mph, but there have been numerous instances that have proven this to be inaccurate. She’s flown at speeds that only jets can match, faster than the speed of sound by breaking the sound barrier to escape a cave in, fast enough to keep up with Cannonball at top speed(who can fly above the speed of sound) with her personalized jetstreams, and carried a commercial plane with her winds and flown it for several hours at near 400 mph(all the while being physically exhausted). She’s even propelled Colossus with her winds fast enough to reach near supersonic speeds.

It should also be noted that Storm can actually boost her speeds to an even greater levels by riding on the spear of lightning bolts. Which can greatly improve her travel speeds. This skill isn’t used often but she's used them on several occasions.

I'll type up the section for her goddess powers tomorrow, and will probably elaborate a little on her bloodline and the recent magic feats she's performed. Like the lightning rod feat where she absorbed the magic from the sorcerers. I'll also reference White Mage's Bloodline thread to provide more information on this subject.

-----

@mooty_pass: By all means, post them however many times you feel it is necessary. I never claimed it wasn't canon, but it's still a major contradiction to Coates' story(which still references her Godhead in the BP titles). So it can be ignored. This thread isn't about what is "canon", but what is consistent. Stormcaster is also a power that is completely unrelated to her own innate abilities. It's a power Loki gave her after her powers were taken away by Forge's gun.

On top of that, the hammer was destroyed and will probably never be referenced again(Guggenheim is the only writer since Claremont who has referenced the hammer and he's no longer writing an X-title). So it's not really something she can use now anyway. Making it totally irrelevant to her current status and completely unnecessary considering she has her own goddess powers.

wow my friend beautifully written. thank you again for the diligence here in ensuring this explanation of her powers is accurately depicted . also I agree 100% on the points you made about stormcaster. aside from being redundant (as Claremont originally gave her this to have access to the power she "lost") the hammer doesnt reflect the aspects of her innate abilities. if people want to discuss accessories she has used to enhance her power a separate thread should be made for that.

Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mooty_passsaid:

If a writer wanted it to, but as of now it's gone permanently and won't come back if she summons it.

But your assuming you don't know for sure, because she hasn't done it again. And we still don't even know WHEN this Goddess power takes place in continuity. It's really just as much in limbo as Stormcaster.

Exactly what am I assuming though? Where is the panel suggesting this power can no longer be accessed?

Stormcaster was stated on panel to being "No more" and "power is spent". So we know for a fact that it's gone. You can't compare the two situations.

Just because the continuity is jacked doesn't mean what happened in BP is no longer relevant. The story is still being referenced over in the BP books and hasn't been forgotten.

When we get a panel saying that it can't be accessed anymore, then we can say that she can't. Until then, it has to be assumed that this power is still apart of her skillset.

Stormcaster is the only thing that has resurfaced in her history than her becoming a Hulk, or a Vampire etc.

And that matters why? It's still a powerup and it's still not relevant to her powers now since it was destroyed.

Not really, it wouldn't those are nothing, but versions of Storm that people till this day do not know off. It's imperative for people to know that she WAS a Thor or WAS a Hulk at one time or WAS a Vampire. There is nothing wrong with adding power ups into a thread as such.

Ok, first thing. This was a misquote since I quite literally edited my post a second after I made that reply.

What I meant to say is the hammer isn't relevant to the OP.

I don't mind Stormcaster being discussed in the thread, but it terms of it fitting into the OP it's just going to confuse people and clog it up with unnecessary information. The OP we created is not about that and it's already growing too big for people to sit and read.

It's not about ignoring canon. It's about spreading the information that is relevant to her powers today.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1955  Edited By Mooty_Pass

@storm_calling said:

If a writer wanted it to, but as of now it's gone permanently and won't come back if she summons it.

The point is the Hammer can always come back regardless of it being destroyed.

Exactly what am I assuming though? Where is the panel suggesting this power can no longer be accessed?

Your assuming that she can do it again. Your assuming that she can just jump right back into this form at any given moment with no proof other than her doing it 2x in 1 Story Arc. And the rest it's just reference that she did it. With no proof of WHEN this actually happened.

Stormcaster was stated on panel to being "No more" and "power is spent". So we know for a fact that it's gone. You can't compare the two situations.

Storm becoming a Goddess is just another power up another form she becomes. Storm does not operate at that power level on a daily basis. So, yes you most definitely can compare the two.

Just because the continuity is jacked doesn't mean what happened in BP is no longer relevant. The story is still being referenced over in the BP books and hasn't been forgotten.

What are you talking about??? Who said that what she did in BP isn't relevant? It is relevant. The problem you face is....Can she do it again in other stories??? Your right it hasn't been forgotten, but references doesn't actually mean much though. The X-Office references Jean being Phoenix all the time or used to have it. So, really referencing a power up doesn't exactly hold weight.

When we get a panel saying that it can't be accessed anymore, then we can say that she can't. Until then, it has to be assumed that this power is still apart of her skillset.

It's not apart of her skillset.....Yet. Storm does not operate at this (Godhood) power level everyday. And the fact that your assuming only solidifies that you actually don't even know if Storm can access this power up....Again.

You can't say Storm can access this power(again) without it being confirmed on Panel. Until then it's up in limbo.

And that matters why? It's still a powerup and it's still not relevant to her powers now since it was destroyed.

You do know Hadari Yao(Goddess Storm) is a Power Up right........

Ok, first thing. This was a misquote since I quite literally edited my post a second after I made that reply.

What I meant to say is the hammer isn't relevant to the OP.

Actually, it is relevant. Because the hammer is nothing, but a power up that you and others can gauge and tell the difference in her Natural Power vs A Power Up. Example:

We know Storm's durability is craps. Give her Stormcaster(Power Up) her Durability increases greatly. See? Relevant.

I don't mind Stormcaster being discussed in the thread, but it terms of it fitting into the OP it's just going to confuse people and clog it up with unnecessary information. The OP we created is not about that and it's already growing too big for people to sit and read.

What??? Why should it confuse people when you can put it in big bold letters saying: "Storms Power Ups"?? and "Weapons". That should not be confusing at all to anyone who can actually read.

Sure, you can make a separate thread about it, but why do that when you can post it in her. Nothing wrong with that.

It's not about ignoring canon. It's about spreading the information that is relevant to her powers today.

It is relevant. Talking about her "Power Ups" that she has had throughout the course of her history is very much relevant to this thread. That way people can correctly gauge and understand how much power she holds in her Base Form. As oppose to any other power ups such as: Goddess Storm, Stormcaster, Hulk Storm, Vampire Storm, The Red Ruby, Horesman Storm, Phoenix Storm etc etc etc etc.

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1956  Edited By butterflykyss

@mooty_pass: to understand what weather god is saying I think you have to look at it like this. the hammer is like a pretty necklace or an expensive hand bag or bracelet. if you purchase it from the store it is your accessory and forever in your possession; howeever, if it's broken, lost or stolen that accessory is no longer yours and if you want another one it has to be replaced.

however, storm's goddess powers her being the hadari yao, is akin to ones blood type. this isnt something anyone can steal from you, it's not something that can be lost or broken or replaced. it is a part of you. the need to know your blood type isnt necessarily always required; however, if you need a blood transfusion this information is very much relevant. her being a goddess is akin to this. it's very much always a part of her, even if she doesnt tap into it regularly, but when she does need it she can use it.

point being there are significant differences in what stormcaster means to her (an accessory) versus what her being a god means to her (something that is her birthright, ie this power is in her blood/dna). this is what weather god is saying and why mentioning stormcaster is outside the scope of ororos actual innate ability which is what this thread essentially is about.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1957  Edited By Mooty_Pass

@butterflykyss said:

@mooty_pass: to understand what weather god is saying I think you have to look at it like this. the hammer is like a pretty necklace or an expensive hand bag or bracelet. if you purchase it from the store it is your accessory and forever in your possession; howeever, if it's broken, lost or stolen that accessory is no longer yours and if you want another one it has to be replaced.

Kyss..I understand what he's saying.

however, storm's goddess powers her being the hadari yao, is akin to ones blood type. this isnt something anyone can steal from you, it's not something that can be lost or broken or replaced. it is a part of you. the need to know your blood type isnt necessarily always required; however, if you need a blood transfusion this information is very much relevant. her being a goddess is akin to this. it's very much always a part of her, even if she doesnt tap into it regularly, but when she does need it she can use it.

I already know that.

point being there are significant differences in what stormcaster means to her (an accessory) versus what her being a god means to her (something that is her birthright, ie this power is in her blood/dna). this is what weather god is saying and why mentioning stormcaster is outside the scope of ororos actual innate ability which is what this thread essentially is about.

That's not what i'm arguing.

The Hammer is just something that Boosted Storms stats. Just like her Hadari Yao form boost her Energy Manipulation. These are power ups that Storm in her Base Form does not have access to.

Referencing her Goddess form in a Story that till this day we still can't even track when and where it happened in continuity doesn't help the argument that she can do it again.

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1958  Edited By butterflykyss

@mooty_pass said:
    @butterflykyss said:

Kyss..I understand what he's saying.

I already know that.

That's not what i'm arguing.

The Hammer is just something that Boosted Storms stats. Just like her Hadari Yao form boost her Energy Manipulation. These are power ups that Storm in her Base Form does not have access to.

Referencing her Goddess form in a Story that till this day we still can't even track when and where it happened in continuity doesn't help the argument that she can do it again.

she has already done it twice in black panther and arguably a third time in shuri's title:

No Caption Provided

this would have been after gold for sure as tchalla is missing from wakanda.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1959  Edited By Mooty_Pass

@butterflykyss said:

she has already done it twice in black panther and arguably a third time in shuri's title:

As I told StormCalling References do not mean much.

Without it stating on panel or otherwise she can use this power again currently.

This makes things even more complex you know that right...

Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1960  Edited By Storm Calling

@mooty_pass:

The point is the Hammer can always come back regardless of it being destroyed.

Prove it. It wasn't destroyed the same way that it was the last time and Storm already said she lost her primal link to it.

Your assuming that she can do it again. Your assuming that she can just jump right back into this form at any given moment with no proof other than her doing it 2x in 1 Story Arc. And the rest it's just reference that she did it. With no proof of WHEN this actually happened.

I haven't even shared what I thought she can do with her goddess form, so why are you assuming that I think that?

The primary point is it never said she stopped having access to this power. So in terms of it being relevant to her powers today. It's still present. There has been no indication that it can no longer be accessed.

It being ignored in the X-books doesn't refute that it's still being referenced in the BP books(her appearances have been sporadic at best and the opportunity hasn't really presented itself to say otherwise).

Storm becoming a Goddess is just another power up another form she becomes. Storm does not operate at that power level on a daily basis. So, yes you most definitely can compare the two.

No you can't. It's her birthright. Her innate power. Just like her mutant abilities. The power is still present within her and you have no proof that says otherwise.

What are you talking about??? Who said that what she did in BP isn't relevant? It is relevant. The problem you face is....Can she do it again in other stories??? Your right it hasn't been forgotten, but references doesn't actually mean much though. The X-Office references Jean being Phoenix all the time or used to have it. So, really referencing a power up doesn't exactly hold weight.

The difference is it was established that Jean no longer has access to the Phoenix. No story has suggested Storm doesn't still have access to the power that was used in BP. In fact, they still refer to her being the Hadari Yao(Goddess) in the BP books. Which says she still has this power. It was never suggested to be a one time powerup, so it's speculation to assume that the power isn't still there.

It's not apart of her skillset.....Yet. Storm does not operate at this (Godhood) power level everyday. And the fact that your assuming only solidifies that you actually don't even know if Storm can access this power up....Again.

First and foremost, I never claimed that she always has access to this power. So please stop adding words to my mouth...

Second: The power is apart of her skill set since she flat out claimed the power on panel.

No Caption Provided

Third: At no point was it said the power was no longer apart of her skillset. It relies on active faith, so that would probably explain why she doesn't have the powerup all the time. Bottomline, it's still new and I wasn't planning to speculate about her access to these powers. I was merely going to point out that this is another power that is within her current skillset. Like the many other mutants abilities that are barely referenced or used again in continuity.

You can't say Storm can access this power(again) without it being confirmed on Panel. Until then it's up in limbo.

Yes I can if she's used it on two separate occasions and there was no indication that it's no longer accessible. I don't care what your opinion of it is. I'M USING IT... Periodt.

You do know Hadari Yao(Goddess Storm) is a Power Up right........

So is the Galatic Core, Trion and Rogue Storm feat... The fact is it's a powerup that comes from her own innate abilities. Stormcaster is a separate power that has nothing to do with her natural abilities. The thread is called the thermodynamics, mechanics and feats of Storm's powers. Not Stormcaster's powers.

We know Storm's durability is craps. Give her Stormcaster(Power Up) her Durability increases greatly. See? Relevant.

It's not her power. Period. It comes from an outside source that she doesn't even have anymore.

What??? Why should it confuse people when you can put it in big bold letters saying: "Storms Power Ups"?? and "Weapons". That should not be confusing at all to anyone who can actually read.

Your opinion. The hammer is OUT!

Sure, you can make a separate thread about it, but why do that when you can post it in her. Nothing wrong with that.

Well I'm saying that there is something wrong with it, and since I was the one who helped start the thread, and I'm the one who's going to be updating the information in the OP. What I'm saying takes precedent over yours.

It is relevant. Talking about her "Power Ups" that she has had throughout the course of her history is very much relevant to this thread. That way people can correctly gauge and understand how much power she holds in her Base Form. As oppose to any other power ups such as: Goddess Storm, Stormcaster, Hulk Storm, Vampire Storm, The Red Ruby, Horesman Storm, Phoenix Storm etc etc etc etc.

You can discuss the specifics in the thread. I don't mind that at all. The OP however is not going to be overloaded with unnecessary information like Stormcaster. If you have something else that you want me to add, let me know.

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1961  Edited By butterflykyss

@mooty_pass said:
    @butterflykyss said:

As I told StormCalling References do not mean much.

Without it stating on panel or otherwise she can use this power again currently.

This makes things even more complex you know that right...

but I just showed u a scan where she tapped into her goddess power to assist in sending shuri's spirit into space. it's more than a reference it's an actual display of power.

and I dont see it as complex. in his main book she was shown being a goddess twice (and I'm sure we will see it again) and then again storm references herself as a goddess before helping to send shuri spirit into space.

http://thegeekiary.com/okorafor-storm-shuri-issue-2/57455

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1962  Edited By Mooty_Pass

@storm_calling said:

Prove it. It wasn't destroyed the same way that it was the last time and Storm already said she lost her primal link to it.

I think you missing the point of what I was saying. Yes, the hammer is destroyed that doesn't mean it can't come back if ANY writer felt like it yes?

I haven't even shared what I thought she can do with her goddess form, so why are you assuming that I think that?

I did not ask you what you THOUGHT she can do with this power. You are assuming she can go into this power at will is what i'm saying.

The primary point is it never said she stopped having access to this power. So in terms of it being relevant to her powers today. It's still present. There has been no indication that it can no longer be accessed.

How..Do...You..Know..She...Can..Access..It..Again..Currently...

Simple Question show me a scan.

Prove it.

It being ignored in the X-books doesn't refute that it's still being referenced in the BP books(her appearances have been sporadic at best and the opportunity hasn't really presented itself to say otherwise).

Your right it doesn't, but references don't mean much if Storm hasn't shown this power in recent situations.

No you can't. It's her birthright. Her innate power. Just like her mutant abilities. The power is still present within her and you have no proof that says otherwise.

Yeah, it's called a "Power Up"

The difference is it was established that Jean no longer has access to the Phoenix. No story has suggested Storm doesn't still have access to the power that was used in BP. In fact, they still refer to her being the Hadari Yao(Goddess) in the BP books. Which says she still has this power. It was never suggested to be a one time powerup, so it's speculation to assume that the power isn't still there.

And it's speculation that she can tap into his power again when she hasn't done so in current comics.

First and foremost, I never claimed that she always has access to this power. So please stop adding words to my mouth...

I'm not adding words to your mouth, but you've been saying so far is nothing, but ASSUMPTIONS. So, please don't accuse me or start complaining of me putting words in your mouth when I have done no such thing ok.

Second: The power is apart of her skill set since she flat out claimed the power on panel.

Third: At no point was it said the power was no longer apart of her skillset. It relies on active faith, so that would probably explain why she doesn't have the powerup all the time. Bottomline, it's still new and I wasn't planning to speculate about her access to these powers. I was merely going to point out that this is another power that is within her current skillset. Like the many other mutants abilities that are barely referenced or used again in continuity.

If this power is active on Faith and she needs faith to activate it. And as you said "explains why she doesn't have the power up at all times" then you can't possible call it a "Skill Set" if she can't access it at will.

Yes I can if she's used it on two separate occasions and there was no indication that it's no longer accessible. I don't care what your opinion of it is. I'M USING IT... Periodt.

Then your flat out wrong. And your being biased.

So is the Galatic Core, Trion and Rogue Storm feat... The fact is it's a powerup that comes from her own innate abilities. Stormcaster is a separate power that has nothing to do with her natural abilities. The thread is called the thermodynamics, mechanics and feats of Storm's powers. Not Stormcaster's powers.

Of Course it's not called "Stormcasters Powers" that doesn't mean Me or anyone else can't state what OTHER power ups Storm has actually had.

It's not her power. Period. It comes from an outside source that she doesn't even have anymore.

You've missed the point due to this response right here.

Your opinion. The hammer is OUT!

What are you shouting for?

Well I'm saying that there is something wrong with it, and since I was the one who helped start the thread, and I'm the one who's going to be updating the information in the OP. What I'm saying takes president over yours.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

No Caption Provided

You can discuss the specifics in the thread. I don't mind that at all. The OP however is not going to be overloaded with unnecessary information like Stormcaster. If you have something else that you want me to add, let me know.

You did not create this thread. I can post whatever I want or like in this thread. Stormcaseter included. Just because YOU don't like well thats too bad. It's a power up that goes...i've already explained it.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

but I just showed u a scan where she tapped into her goddess power to assist in sending her shuri's spirit into space. it's more than a reference it's an actual display of power.

LOL she shot lightning into a Tree. Kyss that's not the power she showed when fighting Adversary. That's not her tapping into her Goddess Form.

and I dont see it as complex. in his main book she was shown being a goddess twice (and I'm sure we will see it again) and then again storm references herself as a goddess before helping to send shuri spirit into space.

I'm sure Storm will do it again I agree. But she hasn't recently as of NOW is the point.

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@butterflykyss said:

but I just showed u a scan where she tapped into her goddess power to assist in sending her shuri's spirit into space. it's more than a reference it's an actual display of power.

LOL she shot lightning into a Tree. Kyss that's not the power she showed when fighting Adversary. That's not her tapping into her Goddess Form.

I'm sure Storm will do it again I agree. But she hasn't recently as of NOW is the point.

read the panel again. this was not just regular lightning that storm shot the tree with:

No Caption Provided

a regular bolt I'm sure would have destroyed or burned the tree. this lightning was something different as its power was what was required to detach shuris spirit from her body and send it to space.

and I disagree. the writer wouldnt have made a point to mention she was a goddess before shooting the tree if it was not meant to demonstrate she was using said goddess ability.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1965  Edited By Mooty_Pass

@butterflykyss said:

read the panel again. this was not just regular lightning that storm shot the tree with:

Your taking this scan WAY out of context.

a regular bolt I'm sure would have destroyed or burned the tree. this lightning was something different as its power was what was required to detach shuris spirit from her body and send it to space.

Why would a Regular Bolt destroy the Tree and not her Goddess Lightning Bolt can't destroy a Tree???

Your basically telling me her Regular Lightning has a Higher potency than her Goddess Lightning (even though it's harmed Adversary) because her Regular Lightning can destroy a Tree and her Goddess Lightning can't.

That makes no sense Kyss.

and I disagree. the writer wouldnt have made a point to mention she was a goddess before shooting the tree if it was not meant to demonstrate she was using said goddess ability.

I'm sorry, but that sounds like reaching here.

A character that the writer created tasked Storm to do a specific job that the character didn't believe Storm was able to. Which Storm's response is to remind said character that she is a Goddess she is more than up to the task. There is no way shape or form or on panel that Storm tapped into her Goddess Form or power to power up and Charge a simple Tree.......

Really?

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1966  Edited By butterflykyss
    @mooty_pass said:
    @butterflykyss said:

Your taking this scan WAY out of context.

Why would a Regular Bolt destroy the Tree and not her Goddess Lightning Bolt can't destroy a Tree???

Your basically telling me her Regular Lightning has a Higher potency than her Goddess Lightning (even though it's harmed Adversary) because her Regular Lightning can destroy a Tree and her Goddess Lightning can't.

That makes no sense Kyss.

I'm sorry, but that sounds like reaching here.

A character that the writer created tasked Storm to do a specific job that the character didn't believe Storm was able to. Which Storm's response is to remind said character that she is a Goddess she is more than up to the task. There is no way shape or form or on panel that Storm tapped into her Goddess Form or power to power up and Charge a simple Tree.......

Really?

1. how am I taking it out context.

2. tapping into divine energy isnt always from the perspective of raw power. in this instant there was a certain type of energy or power required to link shuri's mind to the astral plane, which storm was needed to tap into. shuri even tried to explain what it was she was feeling as she described it as a "low grade lightning". you are looking at this from an aspect of natural power and not the aspect of divine energy/spirit. they are two separate things.

3. why would she need to remind her she was a goddess? why not say I am a powerful mutant or I control the weather, creating lightning is not a problem? she did that to set the reader up to what was necessary to link her spirit to the astral plane. and lightning (regular lightning) isnt going to charge a tree, it will burn, or completely destroy it. this is why the statement of her being a goddess is relevant to what was required to link shuris spirit to the astral plane.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

2. tapping into divine energy isnt always from the perspective of raw power. in this instant there was a certain type of energy or power required to link shuri's mind to the astral plane, which storm was needed to tap into. shuri even tried to explain what it was she was feeling as she described it as a "low grade lightning". you are looking at this from an aspect of natural power and not the aspect of divine energy/spirit. they are two separate things.

3. why would she need to remind her she was a goddess? why not say I am a powerful mutant or I control the weather, creating lightning is not a problem? she did that to set the reader up to what was necessary to link her spirit to the astral plane. and lightning (regular lightning) isnt going to charge a tree, it will burn, or completely destroy it. this is why the statement of her being a goddess is relevant to what was required to link shuris spirit to the astral plane.

No..just no.

That's not what that means at all, but whatever Kyss go ahead and think that.

No Caption Provided

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@butterflykyss said:

No..just no.

No Caption Provided

I will hun.. I'm not the only one who did either:

Shuri Issue 2 Talks Storm is Goddess

"But do you know which writer has gone on to mention Ororo being a Goddess? Nnedi Okorafor in her Shuri solo series. Now, can you understand where I am coming from? Why are Okorafor and Coates the only ones talking about Storm being a Goddess, with Coates doing his part in fleshing out that aspect of the iconic African-American character?"

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mooty_pass said:
    @butterflykyss said:

No..just no.

No Caption Provided

"But do you know which writer has gone on to mention Ororo being a Goddess? Nnedi Okorafor in her Shuri solo series. Now, can you understand where I am coming from? Why are Okorafor and Coates the only ones talking about Storm being a Goddess, with Coates doing his part in fleshing out that aspect of the iconic African-American character?"

That's a reference its not the Same.

Storm did not use her Goddess Powers in Shuri. Your reaching here.

Avatar image for shepardoakenprime
    ShepardOakenPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@butterflykyss:These were all nice examples. I've already started typing up a thorough description of her reaction section. I'll also include scans of the instances that I mentioned here.

As discussed a bit above, Storm’s empathic connection to the biosphere offers her an enhanced experience with the natural forces that she can control. This includes the ability to perceive and study elements at a level above what a normal human could observe with the naked eye. For example, Ororo actually taught herself how to create lightning by first studying the flow of electrons in weather patterns. This connection and perception allows her to experience these type of effects at a heightened level and it has allowed her to perform feats such as directly perceiving and intercepting lightning bolts before they can reach her.

They also allow her to generate her powers on a subconscious level, due to the fact that the biosphere in many ways operates like a second conscience for her. We often see this when her emotions fall out of check and create unintended weather events, but she can actively use this to generate her powers at a hastened pace as well. An example of this is when she was shown generating a self-contained hurricane to put out flames. It was explained that this effect all occurred before she had even made the conscious thought to generate them. Her connection to the biosphere is subconscious and instinctual, and it grants her a somewhat enhanced reaction to many factors.

Storm also has dexterity(motor skills) that are well above normal. It’s not clear if this trait originates from her mutants abilities or her mother’s bloodline, but this ability allowed her to use a lockpick with her teeth after her neural circuits had been reduced and scrambled to the state of a six month old infant. Ororo stated that she had the coordination of a young girl as an infant, so she’s had this trait with her long before her mutant powers ever manifested. This would prove that Ororo actually has enhanced motor skills far beyond the scope of a normal human. Which suggests her physical and mental reflexes are more enhanced than a normal person’s.

Bottomline, Storm can perform task that are well above the threshold of a normal human’s reaction. She can generate tornadoes, hurricanes and flash freezes in the literal blink of an eye(and before enhanced humans like Rogue, Wolverine and the Baroness can react), redirect gunfire at point blank range, generate instant blizzards to intercept Quicksilver’s blitz, generate winds and lightning fast enough to block Cyclops’ force beams(she can also physically dodge them), intercept heat seeking missiles before Spider-man can react, dodged Mjolnir thrown by Thor, or tag the blackbird moving at top speed with her lightning. When Emma Frost swapped bodies with her it was revealed that she can warp weather patterns sufficient to generate a powerful Jetstream within a split second.

She’s also fought in hand to hand combat with opponents that have enhanced reflexes(Calisto, Marrow, Khan, Crimson Commando, Black Panther and even skilled Vampires). See Thunderboth30’s Seasoned Combat Veteran thread for more physical combat feats and info.

Ororo can use her powers to fly at incredible speeds. This can also be used for combat purposes by “blitzing” her opponents. The handbooks typically list her speed at around 300 mph, but there have been numerous instances that have proven this to be inaccurate. She’s flown at speeds that only jets can match, faster than the speed of sound by breaking the sound barrier to escape a cave in, fast enough to keep up with Cannonball at top speed(who can fly above the speed of sound) with her personalized jetstreams, and carried a commercial plane with her winds and flown it for several hours at near 400 mph(all the while being physically exhausted). She’s even propelled Colossus with her winds fast enough to reach near supersonic speeds.

It should also be noted that Storm can actually boost her speeds to an even greater levels by riding on the spear of lightning bolts. Which can greatly improve her travel speeds. This skill isn’t used often but she's used them on several occasions.

I'll type up the section for her goddess powers tomorrow, and will probably elaborate a little on her bloodline and the recent magic feats she's performed. Like the lightning rod feat where she absorbed the magic from the sorcerers. I'll also reference White Mage's Bloodline thread to provide more information on this subject.

I've been keeping up on power activation speed that goes with how she's been able to summon weather with great speed like you went into.

Kyss's scans especially help this and here's a few pointing out how shes able to create her effects in incredibly small amount of time. Some of these aren't really impressive but if you feel they get the point across that the baseline is still fast, faster than movement, than others can react/attack even with guns pointed at her etc. I could've missed it but in case the "turns on and off a hurricane with a thought"somewhere in the op but I provided it just in case or at least an updated version.

One thing I found interesting is the time Rachel failed to use her powers, the execution time stated to be as fast as thought, quick enough against X-23. Though this could be a factor of a faster reaction speed, Storm is able to manipulate air currents fast enough to grab her in the air. This easily shows that she can manipulate weather patterns at the same speed as telepaths can form an attack or at least at an comparable speed.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

This is just something to add in case it's useful and fits with the whole reaction time discussion, didn't want to leave the opportunity behind.

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@butterflykyss said:
    @mooty_pass said:
    @butterflykyss said:

No..just no.

No Caption Provided

That's a reference its not the Same.

Storm did not use her Goddess Powers in Shuri. Your reaching here.

it's all in the context of her being a goddess based upon the reveal she is a real one. you said it is in limbo and hasnt been mentioned since BP but that is not the truth. stormcaster is done and destroyed, her being the hadari yao is not.

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@storm_calling said:

It's Just a Magical Hammer that boosted her stats nothing else.

We can only assume that it came from a different reality. It's never stated where. But assumed.

The thread would be full of pointless power ups if we went this route.

I missed your point about power ups. the key difference is one power up is externally imbued to her while the other is innately her's. the op is about storms feats which means that which she directly controls under her own power. the hammer is a power grantee to her by Loki its completely different.

Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mooty_pass: I'm guessing you missed the part where I said I have access to Roddy's account and can edit the OP? Roddy, TB, Son of Storm, White Mage and I all collaborated on this thread's creation and it says so in the OP... Oops.

No Caption Provided

So no. Stormcaster isn't going up when I edit in the new information into the OP since it's not what the thread was intended for. Periodt.

And I'm not going to entertain this discussion about Hadari Yao with you any further either since I have already stated and proven my case. Call me bias and delusional all you want. You're not in my league when it comes to interpreting her powers and the lengths that I go to with assuring my points are supported by hard facts. I've been at this game for 15+ years, so I know how it works.

If you have something else other than Stormcaster that you want to add, let me know.

--------

@storm_calling said:

I've been keeping up on power activation speed that goes with how she's been able to summon weather with great speed like you went into.

Kyss's scans especially help this and here's a few pointing out how shes able to create her effects in incredibly small amount of time. Some of these aren't really impressive but if you feel they get the point across that the baseline is still fast, faster than movement, than others can react/attack even with guns pointed at her etc. I could've missed it but in case the "turns on and off a hurricane with a thought"somewhere in the op but I provided it just in case or at least an updated version.

One thing I found interesting is the time Rachel failed to use her powers, the execution time stated to be as fast as thought, quick enough against X-23. Though this could be a factor of a faster reaction speed, Storm is able to manipulate air currents fast enough to grab her in the air. This easily shows that she can manipulate weather patterns at the same speed as telepaths can form an attack or at least at an comparable speed.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

This is just something to add in case it's useful and fits with the whole reaction time discussion, didn't want to leave the opportunity behind.

These are definitely all great examples of her reaction speed and power activation. The hurricane on and off with just a thought is one of her most popular speed feats so I'm not sure how we missed that one in the OP. Thank you for noticing that. The scan that compares Rachel's power activation with Storm's is also a true gem. It's been years since I've seen it brought up so it's great to be reminded of a time where her powers were more consistent and exceptional.

I'll include all of them in the update and will give you credit for your addition.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@storm_calling: Do you want to gain access to my account too? Hehehe. :)

Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No. I'll probably just end up deleting it...

Kidding!

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Son Of Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

No Caption Provided

Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jhazzroucher said:

No. I'll probably just end up deleting it...

Kidding!

rofl.

But I know you won't. hahaha

Happy New Year fellow Storm fans! :)

ShepardOakenPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@storm_calling: Cool thank you! And appreciate all the work you put into the OP.

Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@storm_calling: Cool thank you! And appreciate all the work you put into the OP.

Not a problem at all, and you're very welcome! ;-)

------

@butterflykyss: I just finished typing up her Hadari Yao section! Apologies for the delay... I've been quite busy and also wanted to run it by others first.

Bloodline Magic/Godhead/Hadari Yao

Ororo’s matrilineal bloodline offers her the potential to wield magic and of true divinity. These “gifts” are said to be granted to the women of her line by the gods who have blessed them since the dawn of humanity. This power is passed down from mother to daughter and there have been several known ancestors that have used this powerful magic to perform an assortment of feats. Ororo herself has now recently started to “claim” some of these gifts for herself. The gift of godhead that she embraced during her fight with The Adversary allowed her to channel the power of faith from the Wakandan people. Revealing her to be one of their prophesied gods(The Hadari Yao/Walker of Clouds).

This allowed Storm to generate an enormous amount of divine energy that was powerful enough to devastate and send the demon god Adversary back to his prison world. In another instance, she was able to channel this same faith energy to close his storm portal gates that were said to be beyond the scope of her mutant abilities to manipulate. One other, and more ambiguous instance, is when she may have used her divine power on the Grootboom tree in order for Shuri to astral project into deep space.

Other abilities that she’s showcased as a result of her bloodline magic is the ability to detect the presence of dark magic. She was able to sense pure corruption to the weather with her sense of smell. Stating that it smelled like rotting flesh. Another power is her ability to become a “lightning rod” that can absorb massive quantities of magic. Which were used to open a portal back to the Earth’s dimension. This was something that not even Magik(Illyana) was capable of achieving without causing great risk to her life.

She was able to break the crimson bands of cytorrak with her lightning on one separate occasion, although it’s not clear how powerful Doctor Strange was at the time this spell was used on her. It’s also not clear if this was achieved as a result of her bloodline magic or mutant abilities.

For more info about Storm’s bloodline and magic, see White Mage’s Bloodline thread.

Let me know if you want me to add anything more.

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shepardoakenprime said:

------

@butterflykyss: I just finished typing up her Hadari Yao section! Apologies for the delay... I've been quite busy and also wanted to run it by others first.

Ororo’s matrilineal bloodline offers her the potential to wield magic and of true divinity. These “gifts” are said to be granted to the women of her line by the gods who have blessed them since the dawn of humanity. This power is passed down from mother to daughter and there have been several known ancestors that have used this powerful magic to perform an assortment of feats. Ororo herself has now recently started to “claim” some of these gifts for herself. The gift of godhead that she embraced during her fight with The Adversary allowed her to channel the power of faith from the Wakandan people. Revealing her to be one of their prophesied gods(The Hadari Yao/Walker of Clouds).

This allowed Storm to generate an enormous amount of divine energy that was powerful enough to devastate and send the demon god Adversary back to his prison world. In another instance, she was able to channel this same faith energy to close his storm portal gates that were said to be beyond the scope of her mutant abilities to manipulate. One other, and more ambiguous instance, is when she may have used her divine power on the Grootboom tree in order for Shuri to astral project into deep space.

Other abilities that she’s showcased as a result of her bloodline magic is the ability to detect the presence of dark magic. She was able to sense pure corruption to the weather with her sense of smell. Stating that it smelled like rotting flesh. Another power is her ability to become a “lightning rod” that can absorb massive quantities of magic. Which were used to open a portal back to the Earth’s dimension. This was something that not even Magik(Illyana) was capable of achieving without causing great risk to her life.

She was able to break the crimson bands of cytorrak with her lightning on one separate occasion, although it’s not clear how powerful Doctor Strange was at the time this spell was used on her. It’s also not clear if this was achieved as a result of her bloodline magic or mutant abilities.

For more info about Storm’s bloodline and magic, see White Mage’s Bloodline thread.

No Caption Provided

this was absolutely 100% spot on. beautifully written and said. I love how you tied everything together so seamlessly. thank you again and I think that is all I can think to contribute at the moment.

Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@butterflykyss: Excellent! I'll start rounding up all the necessary scans and should have this done hopefully by the end of the week.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shepardoakenprime said:

------

No Caption Provided

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mooty_pass: I'm sure some poor soul will find it somewhere in the bulk of this thread...

No Caption Provided

LMFAO I swear Rasputia has the perfect memes. I miss all of these discussions. Love the additions to the OP <3! I also want to keep this thread strictly to Storm's natural abilities (and skills).

Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thunderbolt30: YESSSS! Rasputia has been my goto meme for many years now and she still comes through with the perfect expressions that I'm looking for!

Bad news about the OP!!! I'm having some trouble editing it at the moment, and will have to file a bug report(I was up all night trying to get it to work sadly). I was however able to edit Roddy's second Feats Update section, which is just a few post down from the OP.

I still have some editing and more scans to add for the Mediums and Atmospheres section, but for the most part it's finished. I'll add it to the top post whenever the bug gets dealt with by the web developers.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thunderbolt30: YESSSS! Rasputia has been my goto meme for many years now and she still comes through with the perfect expressions that I'm looking for!

Bad news about the OP!!! I'm having some trouble editing it at the moment, and will have to file a bug report(I was up all night trying to get it to work sadly). I was however able to edit Roddy's second Feats Update section, which is just a few post down from the OP.

I still have some editing and more scans to add for the Mediums and Atmospheres section, but for the most part it's finished. I'll add it to the top post whenever the bug gets dealt with by the web developers.

maybe there's a max per post.

Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jhazzroucher: Already tried that work around. While there's definitely a character limit that's shorter than it once was, whatever is preventing me from editing the OP in any form is a major bug. I talked with some staff and it's just not an issue the developers have been able to find a solution around since that big upgrade and it's very common.

We'll just have to wait until they figure out the issue before we can edit the OP again. For the time being, Roddy's second post is where we'll have to add all the updates. It isn't really a bad spot since that's originally where he put the solo series update when there was another bug that forced us to have to reupload all the images before we could edit it again at the time. Not to mention with the new character limit, we would have needed to use that post anyway.

I have completed the update for now, but will continue trying to find a solution to the OP. I still want to add credit to the people for Update 2 and link to that post from there.

Credits for Update 2 were given to: @Son_Of_Storm@Malachi_Munroe@Butterflykyss@ShepardOakenPrime@Mooty_Pass

I scanned through a large percentage of the previous pages for feats relating to the update. So some of the credits I gave were for the scans that I used.

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1992  Edited By Storm Calling
    Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

FINALLY

The X-Office understand that Storm is an actual threat that can beat all the X-Men.

Scans Below :-) This was nice.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

FINALLY

The X-Office understand that Storm is an actual threat that can beat all the X-Men.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

So Storm beat X-man?

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jhazzroucher: Not Exactly, she more liked...I don't know how to explain it.

ShepardOakenPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mooty_pass: I guess caught him off guard and affected him enough where the telepaths could enter his mind would be a good description.

Nice moment for Storm, but doesn't earn my forgiveness for her being shoved aside with no voice or leadership skills. I'm also confused as to whether or not the X office actually is aware of her godhead being unlocked? It would make sense in this moment, but the dialog makes it seem like she's just being crazy

Psylocke: "She's doing something stupid"

Uhh no if you guys are aware why don't you put your belief in her so she hits him fully empowered?

I was shocked that they said Storm needed to be prioritized, shes still only using freaking lightning... but it was nice to see them acknowledge her power. There's definilty not enough examples of her showing off her ability to mess up an entire battlefield or mutliple opponents.

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jhazzroucher said:

@storm_calling: Is your Storm website still up?

Not anymore, but I still have it archived somewhere.

@butterflykyss said:

@storm_calling: thank you so much beloved for all your help.

Not a problem at all. I wish I could do more.

you did more than enough. no worries and thank you again!!

FINALLY

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

agreed. it should be noted that of all the horseman including magneto Storm is mentioned as being the one that was keeping the heroes from winning.

@mooty_pass: I guess caught him off guard and affected him enough where the telepaths could enter his mind would be a good description.

Nice moment for Storm, but doesn't earn my forgiveness for her being shoved aside with no voice or leadership skills. I'm also confused as to whether or not the X office actually is aware of her godhead being unlocked? It would make sense in this moment, but the dialog makes it seem like she's just being crazy

Uhh no if you guys are aware why don't you put your belief in her so she hits him fully empowered?

I was shocked that they said Storm needed to be prioritized, shes still only using freaking lightning... but it was nice to see them acknowledge her power. There's definilty not enough examples of her showing off her ability to mess up an entire battlefield or mutliple opponents.

I totally agree. a nice moment doesn't justify poor writing of the character ever. also I think it was more than being caught off guard. I think she actually hurt him enough to allow the telepaths to do their work. without this blast the heroes would not have been able to remove legion from xman.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fine with me.

That's what I THOUGHT they were going to do, but the MISSED IT. Missed opportunity. If they did hinted at her achieving her Goddess Form the that cements Evert hing. But they didn't.

I thought it was funny.

I was shocked myself. I wasn't expecting them to state that Storm is the biggest problem to take out. And it makes sense you can't fight right if Lightning and rain and wind are blasting you everywhere and everyone. But not one, but Two people claim Storm to be a big problem.

Good Job X-Offices finally you understand Storms worth.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Archangel did say Storm is a god.

Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

X-books Acknowledgement section added to Update #2 OP.

X-Books Acknowledgement

No Caption Provided

Storm's ascension into godhood was finally referenced in the X-men books after months of being blatantly ignored(along with attempts to retcon). Storm received a big moment in Uncanny X-men #10 where she unleashed a powerful attack on Nate Grey(X-man), who at the time was fused with Legion. This was powerful enough to devastate him so that the 7 telepaths present(with their combined power) could finally break through to his mind and unfuse them.

The battle involved some of mutant's biggest powerhouses, such as Apocalypse, Magneto, Iceman, Jean, Meggan, Dazzler and Polaris, and indicated Storm was the only one powerful enough to affect him on this level.

She was also turned into a horsemen by X-man/Legion prior to this, and it was indicated that the fight could not be won unless Storm was brought back to their side.

She also easily defeated a horsemen Magneto. Who later needed to be revived by X-man's power.

Writers confirmed her status on twitter, where it was verified that they were acknowledging her new developments from the Black Panther books.

(Credits to @butterflykyss for discovering and reporting this)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.