Follow

Storm

Character » Storm appears in 10183 issues.

Born to an American photo journalist and Kenyan princess, Ororo Munroe is one of the most recognizabe superheroines in the Marvel Universe. Using her unique ability to see and manipulate natural energy patterns of the universe to summon any type of weather phenomenon she desires in the blink of an eye, she is called Storm.

The Thermodynamics, Mechanics and Feats of Storm's powers

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#151  Edited By Veitha

Wow, this thread is wonderful!

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#152  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@Veitha said:

Wow, this thread is wonderful!

It really is

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#153  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

@Roddy010: @White Mage: With all of that discussion on the cosmic turbulence and galactic core feats got me thinking about radiation and how much of it is found in thunderstorms, in lightning, and the EM field. Should we also inlclude the scan of the skrulls using their tech to mimic Storm's powers and using solar wind radiation to hurt Gladiator as part of the power explanation section?

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#154  Edited By Roddy010

@THUNDERBOLT30: Yeah I forgot about that instance. Solar radiation drives atmospheric circulation and represents almost all the energy available to the Earth. The skrull instance is a perfect example of how Storm has a direct relationship to this type of energy.

Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155  Edited By Storm Calling

@THUNDERBOLT30:Yep, it's very valid feat pertaining to her powers. Considering the fact that the Skrulls were mimicking her "weather manipulating" powers, it stands to reason it's well within Storm's power to achieve a feat like this. Whether she can do it herself or not is besides the point.

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@Storm Calling said:

@THUNDERBOLT30:Yep, it's very valid feat pertaining to her powers. Considering the fact that the Skrulls were mimicking her "weather manipulating" powers, it stands to reason it's well within Storm's power to achieve a feat like this. Whether she can do it herself or not is besides the point.

Seconded.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

@White Magesaid:

@Storm Calling said:

Seconded.

@Storm Calling

said:

@Roddy010

said:

@THUNDERBOLT30: Yeah I forgot about that instance. Solar radiation drives atmospheric circulation and represents almost all the energy available to the Earth. The skrull instance is a perfect example of how Storm has a direct relationship to this type of energy.

Cool. Thanks all. I wasn't sure because of SC mentioned as far as Storm not doing it herself directly but it being within her ability based on her level of precision.

No Caption Provided
    Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158  Edited By Storm Calling

@THUNDERBOLT30: Do you remember where this is from? I think it was Fantastic Four or something.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#159  Edited By jhazzroucher

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

@Roddy010 said:

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

@Roddy010 said:

@Storm Calling: @THUNDERBOLT30: Thanks guys. I feel as though this is def something that needs to be explored.

Should we add her overcoming calcabrina's black magic control to her willpower feats? I believe this would be her 3rd or 4th time overcoming magic based mind control.

Yes definitely, I don;t have the scans though but I know you can provide them.

Here you go. Storm was the first of the X-Men (followed by Wolverine) to break Calcabrina's magical hold.

No Caption Provided

awesome! : )

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

@Storm Calling said:

@THUNDERBOLT30: Do you remember where this is from? I think it was Fantastic Four or something.

Yes it's FF #250

Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161  Edited By Storm Calling

@THUNDERBOLT30: Excellent! Thanks, TB. :)

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By jhazzroucher

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

@Storm Calling said:

Yes it's FF #250

so it's not the real Storm right?

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#163  Edited By Roddy010

@jhazzroucher: No it was a Skrull mimicking her powers.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164  Edited By jhazzroucher

@Roddy010 said:

@jhazzroucher: No it was a Skrull mimicking her powers.

I see. Thanks. : )

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

@Storm Calling: @Roddy010: What do ya'll think of adding this to her feats section? I know we already have an example of this with what she did to the Hatut Zeraze's gun and dropping the internal temperature -200. I also recall her doing this to the Phalanx and when she broke into a SHIELD base to steal some tech for Xavier and her instant cold shattered steel at her physical touch. What I liked about this showing is that even with Puck's super-strength (he is a 10 tonner I believe unless that has changed) he didn't believe he good breach the door, which would have had to be pretty durable then. Or is what we have sufficent enough so this addition is not necessary?

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

@Storm Calling: @Roddy010: What do ya'll think of adding this to her feats section? I know we already have an example of this with what she did to the Hatut Zeraze's gun and dropping the internal temperature -200. I also recall her doing this to the Phalanx and when she broke into a SHIELD base to steal some tech for Xavier and her instant cold shattered steel at her physical touch. What I liked about this showing is that even with Puck's super-strength (he is a 10 tonner I believe unless that has changed) he didn't believe he good breach the door, which would have had to be pretty durable then. Or is what we have sufficent enough so this addition is not necessary?

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

It shows precision. By all means, include it. She didn't just freeze the door. She froze it from the inside..........First a door, next it's lungs.lol

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167  Edited By butterflykyss

@White Mage said:

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

It shows precision. By all means, include it. She didn't just freeze the door. She froze it from the inside..........First a door, next it's lungs.lol

not trying to be a doob but what is the difference from her just freezing it from outside as opposed to inside. i mean if she drop the temperature outside the lock at low temperature, the heat sync would cause the inside to eventually drop. so what is the feat in that i geuss?

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

@White Mage said:

THAT is what I a hoping for. Humphries mentioned Storm getting "down and dirty" and THIS would definitely stamp the hell out of that! Morals-off ( or in this case it could be with morals)...

@butterflykyss said:

@White Mage said:

not trying to be a doob but what is the difference from her just freezing it from outside as opposed to inside. i mean if she drop the temperature outside the lock at low temperature, the heat sync would cause the inside to eventually drop. so what is the feat in that i geuss?

I think the precision and control as Mage mentioned is impressive, the degree of cold needed to instantly make steel brittle enough for to open a door that a super human wasn't sure he could do, and doing it from the INSIDE of the door's lock as opposed to what most people would expect Storm to freeze someone or something (they would think external freeze to effect internal) vs her having the option to go either way speaks to how deadly she can really be if she chose to go that route.

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

@White Mage said:

THAT is what I a hoping for. Humphries mentioned Storm getting "down and dirty" and THIS would definitely stamp the hell out of that! Morals-off ( or in this case it could be with morals)...

@butterflykyss said:

@White Mage said:

I think the precision and control as Mage mentioned is impressive, the degree of cold needed to instantly make steel brittle enough for to open a door that a super human wasn't sure he could do, and doing it from the INSIDE of the door's lock as opposed to what most people would expect Storm to freeze someone or something (they would think external freeze to effect internal) vs her having the option to go either way speaks to how deadly she can really be if she chose to go that route.

YES!!!!!!

@Kyss What Thunder said.lol

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@THUNDERBOLT30: I was typing up a reply until I saw you respond.lol

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171  Edited By butterflykyss

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

@White Mage said:

@butterflykyss said:

@White Mage said:

OK YESS NOW I AM WITH YOU... this makes sense and I definitely agree this should be included... Thanks for the clarification

Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172  Edited By Storm Calling
    @THUNDERBOLT30 said:

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    Sorry, TB. I didn't catch this earlier or get an inbox. lol 

It's a good internal temperature feat that adds consistency to the ones that she has already(Especially the ones you pointed out). I also like this because people tend to believe that Storm freezes things indirectly with icy winds. This proves without a doubt that she can do it directly.
    WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@butterflykyss said:

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

@White Mage said:

@butterflykyss said:

@White Mage said:

OK YESS NOW I AM WITH YOU... this makes sense and I definitely agree this should be included... Thanks for the clarification

She froze the inside of a gun, she froze the inside of a safe, thus, she can freeze the insides of a human body

my ABC logic is on POINT

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By butterflykyss

@Storm Calling said:

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    Sorry, TB. I didn't catch this earlier or get an inbox. lol It's a good internal temperature feat that adds consistency to the ones that she has already(Especially the ones you pointed out). I also like this because people tend to believe that Storm freezes things indirectly with icy winds. This proves without a doubt that she can do it directly.

Indeed

@White Mage said:

@butterflykyss said:

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

@White Mage said:

@butterflykyss said:

@White Mage said:

She froze the inside of a gun, she froze the inside of a safe, thus, she can freeze the insides of a human body

my ABC logic is on POINT

Always love your logic

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175  Edited By jhazzroucher

@Storm Calling said:

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    Sorry, TB. I didn't catch this earlier or get an inbox. lol It's a good internal temperature feat that adds consistency to the ones that she has already(Especially the ones you pointed out). I also like this because people tend to believe that Storm freezes things indirectly with icy winds. This proves without a doubt that she can do it directly.

This is awesome! : )

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@butterflykyss: ..................My logic will be getting spammed in the next battle I participate in.lol...........It is a WONDERFUL year to be a Storm fan............."ARCTIC WINDS: WIN MY DEBATES!!"- Yes b*tch.....yes

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177  Edited By jhazzroucher

@White Mage said:

@butterflykyss: ..................My logic will be getting spammed in the next battle I participate in.lol...........It is a WONDERFUL year to be a Storm fan............."ARCTIC WINDS: WIN MY DEBATES!!"- Yes b*tch.....yes

Indeed. : )

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@Storm Calling said:

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

YAHTZEE!!

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179  Edited By jhazzroucher

@White Mage said:

@Storm Calling said:

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

YAHTZEE!!

you are absolutely right!

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@jhazzroucher: Of course I am

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

@White Mage said:

LMAO...your TAS Storm is also on point :-D! My favorite thus far..."WINDS, SACRIFICE THEM" lol....this is a close second.

@Storm Calling: Thanks. The consistency factor is another good point, AND the fact that it is another demonstration of direct control over temperature and atmospheric moisture. I forrgot who that one viner was who was stuck on thinking she only had high end wind manipulation for everything -__-...I oughts send his PAB-alicious a$$ this issue.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182  Edited By jhazzroucher

@White Mage said:

NO. i was saying that to Storm Calling.

Please do not assume. hahahaha : )

Son Of Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#183  Edited By Son Of Storm

I will not be happy until she either reaches absolute 0 OR she freezes someone to the point where they shatter from a slight breeze. As of now I am satisfied.

Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184  Edited By Storm Calling
    @THUNDERBOLT30 said:

@White Mage said:

LMAO...your TAS Storm is also on point :-D! My favorite thus far..."WINDS, SACRIFICE THEM" lol....this is a close second.

@Storm Calling: Thanks. The consistency factor is another good point, AND the fact that it is another demonstration of direct control over temperature and atmospheric moisture. I forrgot who that one viner was who was stuck on thinking she only had high end wind manipulation for everything -__-...I oughts send his PAB-alicious a$$ this issue.

Oh god, PLEASE don't remind me of that poster. He also came to CBR awhile back with that same nonsense and got shut down.
    WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@jhazzroucher said:

@White Mage said:

NO. i was saying that to Storm Calling.

Please do not assume. hahahaha : )

You replied to me directly. This was your fault.......you're accurate with either one though. And I love Storm Calling. So, by all means, give more compliments :)

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

@White Mage said:

LMAO...your TAS Storm is also on point :-D!

Click
    Click
    THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

@Storm Calling said:

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

@White Mage said:

Oh god, PLEASE don't remind me of that poster. He also came to CBR awhile back with that same nonsense and got shut down.

Wow! He has some b*lls >:-O! I am can see HP, LAM, Omega, Ingoyama, and like 10 other regulars DESTROYING him lol.

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@Son Of Storm said:

I will not be happy until she either reaches absolute 0 OR she freezes someone to the point where they shatter from a slight breeze. As of now I am satisfied.

LOL Absolute 0 would be nice. I'd like to see her use freezing rain like bullets.lol

Son Of Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188  Edited By Son Of Storm

@White Mage said:

@Son Of Storm said:

LOL Absolute 0 would be nice. I'd like to see her use freezing rain like bullets.lol

You say rain......I say

Let's put some tornadic winds behind that.........Bitches be in trouble!

Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189  Edited By Storm Calling
    @THUNDERBOLT30 said:

@Storm Calling said:

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

@White Mage said:

Wow! He has some b*lls >:-O! I am can see HP, LAM, Omega, Ingoyama, and like 10 other regulars DESTROYING him lol.

That's pretty much how it went LMAO!
    WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@Son Of Storm said:

@White Mage said:

@Son Of Storm said:

You say rain......I say

WITH the TAS speeches!

Son Of Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191  Edited By Son Of Storm

@White Mage said:

@Son Of Storm said:

@White Mage said:

@Son Of Storm said:

You say rain......I say

WITH the TAS speeches!

Time to bring back CC lol.

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@Son Of Storm said:

@White Mage said:

@Son Of Storm said:

@White Mage said:

@Son Of Storm said:

You say rain......I say

WITH the TAS speeches!

Ooohhh!!...........He DID have her doing some chants! lol

Son Of Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193  Edited By Son Of Storm

@White Mage said:

@Son Of Storm said:

@White Mage said:

@Son Of Storm said:

@White Mage said:

@Son Of Storm said:

You say rain......I say

WITH the TAS speeches!

They would have to add a few pages to accommodate lol.

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@Son Of Storm said:

@White Mage said:

@Son Of Storm said:

@White Mage said:

@Son Of Storm said:

@White Mage said:

@Son Of Storm said:

You say rain......I say

WITH the TAS speeches!

LOL 1 page to describe

The next page to show the effect building

then the 3rd to show the effect in effect

...........................................And that's just to water her gardens.lol

Son Of Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195  Edited By Son Of Storm

@White Mage said:

@Son Of Storm said:

@White Mage said:

@Son Of Storm said:

@White Mage said:

@Son Of Storm said:

@White Mage said:

@Son Of Storm said:

You say rain......I say

WITH the TAS speeches!

LOL 1 page to describe

...........................................And that's just to water her gardens.lol

LOL that's CC.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

@White Mage said:

@Son Of Storm said:

@White Mage said:

@Son Of Storm said:

@White Mage said:

@Son Of Storm said:

@White Mage said:

@Son Of Storm said:

You say rain......I say

WITH the TAS speeches!

LOL 1 page to describe

Lol....and I love the avi...FULLY agreed. Mage for Mod!!!

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

@White Mage said:

@Son Of Storm said:

@White Mage said:

@Son Of Storm said:

@White Mage said:

@Son Of Storm said:

@White Mage said:

@Son Of Storm said:

You say rain......I say

WITH the TAS speeches!

LOL 1 page to describe

Lol....and I love the avi...FULLY agreed. Mage for Mod!!!

THANK YOU!

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198  Edited By jhazzroucher

@Son Of Storm said:

@White Mage said:

@Son Of Storm said:

You say rain......I say

nice one SOS! : )

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
    PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

*sigh, waits for the flamethrowers* Someone should mention that she does have more difficulty manipulating weather fields in the water or heavy substances. Her specific power/energy field really does depend on where she is and the ease in which the various energy sources can be manipulated.

Just for completion.

Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200  Edited By Storm Calling

@PhoenixoftheTides said:

*sigh, waits for the flamethrowers* Someone should mention that she does have more difficulty manipulating weather fields in the water or heavy substances. Her specific power/energy field really does depend on where she is and the ease in which the various energy sources can be manipulated.

Just for completion.

This is taken out of context considering this isn't a "body of water" like an ocean or an "atmospheric medium" or "weather field" that she is in. It's basically a room filling up with water. Generally, her powers are not adept to dealing with situations that aren't apart of the natural order of the world; therefore, especially in a situation like this, it's much harder for her to manipulate it because she would be required to do so at an unnatural degree. There was also a giant fan that blew a powerful wind current that she was unable to resist and a machine that reflected her lightning back at her. The room and several of the traps provided in the issue were specifically designed to counter her powers. If we go to several scans provided of her in a "natural" body of water, she has shown that she can "easily" manipulate it to the same degree as she would with air.

As for this scan in specific, she's had quite a few upgrades since it's emergence. She could have turned the water into a gaseous state or frozen it, or she could have just generated an electrolysis field to breath underwater instead of worrying about drowning.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.