Follow

Storm

Character » Storm appears in 10183 issues.

Born to an American photo journalist and Kenyan princess, Ororo Munroe is one of the most recognizabe superheroines in the Marvel Universe. Using her unique ability to see and manipulate natural energy patterns of the universe to summon any type of weather phenomenon she desires in the blink of an eye, she is called Storm.

The Thermodynamics, Mechanics and Feats of Storm's Powers #2

Hp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@roddy2010: Okay Thanks 🙏🏾 I can't wait! Storm is finally being written like she's supposed to.

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@hp: Indeed! It’s great to be a Storm fan right now.

Avatar image for shepardoakenprime
    ShepardOakenPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Me: Barely able to read X-Books since Hickman left bored as hell.

Ewing: "Oh sorry must've dropped this" ^_^

We in for some good content.

TORNADO77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shepardoakenprime: Agreed. Going to post the feats from yesterday’s issue tomorrow. Another internal hax & lightning dodge + some much needed development. We ate well :-)!

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shepardoakenprime: Agreed. Going to post the feats from yesterday’s issue tomorrow. Another internal hax & lightning dodge + some much needed development. We ate well :-)!

Was trying to load but I guess there is a size limit to the images now...?

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#406  Edited By Mooty_Pass

X-Men Red #2

In a Battle of Will Power Storm overcomes Vulcans Energy Absorption and Shuts him down and Knock's him out.

The People are MAD!!! they so mad that Storm is getting the Respect she deserves. They are calling it PIS. "Oh it's PIS because Storm was Overpowering Vulcan" LOL no she wasn't.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

X-Men Red #2

In a Battle of Will Power Storm overcomes Vulcans Energy Absorption and Shuts him down and Knock's him out.

The People are MAD!!! they so mad that Storm is getting the Respect she deserves. They are calling it PIS. "Oh it's PIS because Storm was Overpowering Vulcan" LOL no she wasn't.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

You beat me here! Very nice sir! And agreed. it is FAR FROM PIS. In a battle of wills we've seen Storm over come powerful telepaths and powerful elementals. She has the report cards to support her winning here. They can hate all they want but this shouldn't be news, and they have no basis to claim Vulcan's will is superior to Storm (especially without receipts!). Today's issue was bad a$$. Loved it!

ShepardOakenPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

An Omega level energy manipulator out of his mind and little training with his power got beat by another Omega level energy manipulator with far more experience, training and willpower. What terrible writing XD

Ewing said it, its not a question how powerful she is and he's made it clear this is how he's writing her. So strap in folks cuz Storm is...written like her fellow Omegas lmao.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shepardoakenprime: Well said. And I am here for it. Long overdue. And it looks like we get 2 issues next month <3

Vusalaynor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

X-Men Red #2

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

They doubted her!!!

nassergrant19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@mage101 said:

I just find it weird that storm was strangling him lol

Agreed and pretending that the majority who think that are just “HaTeRs” is completely nonsensical.

ShepardOakenPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mage101:

It's just a physical representation of what is happening: His power is getting challenged. He no longer can amp himself or use his power to hurt her when it's unable to respond to either of them.

He's also not getting strangled, there's no choking sound or anything. He stops dead in his tracks and just grabs her arm because the real battle is not physical, its the battle for control.

If it was Magneto no one would say anything, but because its Storm its used to degrade the feat in any way possible by pretend Vulcan was written like a weakling.

No one said a thing when Thunderbird physically attacked him, oh but Storm puts a hand on his throat and as if there isn't a clear cut reason why he can't use his power this time to gain the upper hand its horribly written lol.

Let's not forget when Storm threw down with Thunderbird in the danger room and shoved him so hard on the ground it would've koed anyone short of Wolverine. Soo again if people wanna discredit that Storm could even have any physical hold of him imma expect they'd same the same for Magneto and such like she's somehow physically weak lol.

Avatar image for purplehairedni1
    PurplehairedNi1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@mage101:

It's just a physical representation of what is happening: His power is getting challenged. He no longer can amp himself or use his power to hurt her when it's unable to respond to either of them.

He's also not getting strangled, there's no choking sound or anything. He stops dead in his tracks and just grabs her arm because the real battle is not physical, its the battle for control.

If it was Magneto no one would say anything, but because its Storm its used to degrade the feat in any way possible by pretend Vulcan was written like a weakling.

No one said a thing when Thunderbird physically attacked him, oh but Storm puts a hand on his throat and as if there isn't a clear cut reason why he can't use his power this time to gain the upper hand its horribly written lol.

Let's not forget when Storm threw down with Thunderbird in the danger room and shoved him so hard on the ground it would've koed anyone short of Wolverine. Soo again if people wanna discredit that Storm could even have any physical hold of him imma expect they'd same the same for Magneto and such like she's somehow physically weak lol.

No Caption Provided

nassergrant19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

No Caption Provided

ShepardOakenPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@purplehairedni1: You know its bad when people on CV even defend it and no one dares to respond to them LMAO

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shepardoakenprime: Agreed. I enjoy how pressed they are. They must be losing their minds after reading issue #3. A beat down of EPIC proportions + the confirmation on the data page that Vulcan is at full power but lacks the mental capacity/skill to apply it.

ShepardOakenPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thunderbolt30: Oh yeah it confirmed what I thought was obvious that he's just not trained, though this is still the guy that incinerated that entire base on the moon.

But the BEST part is what Ewing said on the Cerebro Podcast:

Issue #2 was not the decider.

Storm vs Vulcan is the fight people came to see. We've seen the opening brawl, we've gotten the yelling into the mic part, and we've learned that wasn't the REAL Vulcan ("ooo" says Ewing XD). We're building up to...a fight, a real fight.

This is right after saying he's done with writing Storm powerless ever again. "Now the real thing to look forward to is how can she get."

I can't wait.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mage101: No, Vulcan does not have Super Strength. What HE CAN do is increase his Physicals stats just by Absorbing Energy. But, at base form NO.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mage101: I know what you mean. The best way I can see Storm beating Vulcan is forcing him to expend ALL his Energy or overwhelm him. Also, Vulcan is inexperience and extremely arrogant. He doesn't think before he acts. Also, Al Ewing stated that they will fight again. So, we are going to see a real fight. But, most definitely I do believe Storm can beat him. And Al Ewing might have Storm beat him again.

@mage101 said:

How can she beat Vulcan at his best if she's a glass Canon

Vulcan at his Best was beaten by his Brother Havok.....Twice.

Vulcan at his Best was One-Shotted by Gladiator.

Vulcan at his Best almost got killed by Polaris.

Vulcan at his Best was getting his butt handed too by an Alien who also, can absorb Energy.

I am fully aware of How Powerful Vulcan is, but he can be bested.

Have you read:

• Uncanny X-Men #476-486
    • X-Men: Emperor Vulcan
    • X-Men: Kingbreaker
    Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mage101 said:

@mooty_pass: I've read those comics but let's cut to the chase.

Gladiator only beat Vulcan because Vulcan was unskilled at that particular moment.

I wouldn't say he was "Unskilled" he beat the Imperial Guard single handedly by himself. He lost to Gladiator simply because he was just far stronger and more powerful.

Havok defeating Vulcan was funny because he absorb energy that Vulcan can't control because that's his limit.

The fact he defeated him Twice says something.

Vulcan was almost killed buy Polaris because he wore a freaking metal suit.

Yes, but Polaris isn't just some damsel in distress. Exactly, how familiar are you with Polaris powers because she's replicated Feats Magneto has done. So......

How will storm force him to expand all his energies I've never seen that happen to him, and let's not forget that storm is still a glass canon and can be knocked out with a single hit.

Storm being a Glass Cannon has no weight to your argument. Vulcan is not strong enough to knock her out. Especially, since his Energy is getting drained too. Vulcan does not have the necessary Physicals to KO Storm. This has already been discussed further in this thread. Like you said a few seconds ago "his Limit." Vulcan's Limits are using too much Energy Exhausts him.

The only way I see Ewing letting storm beat Vulcan is if he gives her force fields because when his going to fight her he'll be at his best and his best was when he received a full powered scream from black bolt but was still alive, and I really don't see storm doing that kind of damage to him.

Well, I guess we will have to see. Just because he beat Black Bolt at his best does not in anyway discount his other Fights where he got his ass beat. This is the same Vulcan that destroyed The X-Men's Base on the Moon. This is the Same Vulcan that destroyed the Cotati Forces on the Moon. This Vulcan as Al Ewing wrote is the Vulcan that only uses his powers on a surface lvl unlike Storm. I don't see Vulcan doing any damage to Storm without losing his Energy.

So, we shall see who wins the second fight. And based on Al Ewing Interview sounds like Storm is going to take the Win again.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#431  Edited By Mooty_Pass

@mage101: Vulcan at his Base Form does not have the Physical Strength, to do what you believe will happen. That Luxury was shown to use via XMR #2. Nobody is comparing Storm to Gladiator. Surely, not I. As far as Polaris is concerned she may not be on her Father's lvl, but she is powerful enough to beat Vulcan without the metal suit, but I digress. Storm being a Glass Cannon is not important because Vulcan is not strong enough to knock her out. Period. You yourself admitted that Vulcan doesn't have super strength, therefore your WHOLE argument around that is invalid. Because now your trying to back peddle on something you already admitted too. In conclusion you are Incorrect. Vulcan at his Best will lose. But, you'll see once Al Ewing proves me right.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#434  Edited By Mooty_Pass
    @mage101 said:

You misunderstood what I said, I said he doesn't have super strength at base but can amp up his strength to be superhuman and u know that but you're just ignoring it,

No I understood you correctly. I'm not ignoring it at all in fact I referenced what he can if you go back to my Post #420 It's that what you are trying to imply isn't going to happen.

so he does have the strength to knock her out

If, Storm does not Stop him from absorbing Energy Yes. But as we have seen in XMR 2 he won't get that chance.

and I've stated the reason Polaris beat him, he was literally wearing what she comtrols even storm won't be able to counter that,

I'm not going to debate a Polaris vs Vulcan in a Storm thread so i'll leave this alone. And, yes Storm can counter it.

you're just saying that Vulcan doesn't have the strength to knock out storm but you forget that he has fought black bolt who is stronger,

Black Bolt was not able to stop Vulcan from absorbing his energy where as Storm can.

faster and more durable than storm so stop twisting what I've said and stop denying that Vulcan doesn't have super strength because he does when he amps up himself.

What i'm trying to get you to understand is that Vulcan will NOT get the chance to gain Super Strength if Storm is able to stop him from absorbing Energy. That's IT. What you are trying to imply is irrelevant.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mage101 said:
    @mooty_pass said:

@mage101: Vulcan at his Best will lose. But, you'll see once Al Ewing proves me right.

I'm not talking about Vulcan at base strength I'm referring to Vulcan with amped super strength. I know storm wins against Vulcan with base strength and durability but when he's amped up and knows what he's doing she loses.

I already addressed this.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mage101 said:

If Vulcan isn't at his best yes she'll be able to stop him, but if he's at his best then she won't be able to counter it

Al Ewing says Otherwise.

The reason why storm was able to counter him in the comic was because he wasn't at his best he was even called a shell in the comic. The Vulcan that was portrayed in war of kings won't be defeated in that manner and because he isn't a shell and if Al Ewing decides to let storm win the fight he should do it in the right way and shouldn't use the shelled Vulcan to fight her but the real one.

And that's exactly what Al Ewing is going to do. So, just sit tight and wait.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mage101 said:

Al Ewing's word isn't law there are a lot of writers that don't know much about a character that they're writing so we just have to base our argument on what has happened. What if storm loses the fight??

Al Ewing is the Writer so his word regarding this Matter is Law. Based on his Interview stating he wants to explore how Powerful Storm can get.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You know its bad when people on CV even defend it and no one dares to respond to them LMAO

Because it's like talking to a Wall. Like seriously, the same people. Always, trying to undermine every Storm feat.

MagneticStorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#445  Edited By MagneticStorm

@mooty_pass: What I would personally like to see from the final Storm VS Vulcan fight is them in space and Storm goating Vulcan into giving her all he has which leads to Vulcan syphoning energy directly from the sun and blasting Storm with everything he's got, and instead of Storm trying to contend with his raw power she transforms and utilizes his energy to make a storm of galactic proportions that grows and grows until Vulcan exhausts himself.

As its already been stated, both are omega level energy manipulators. A "whole" Vulcan would have learned from his jobbing mistakes from the first time and wouldn't just charge her with glowing fists. But even as Emperor Vulcan he was extremely hot headed and unstable... I think Storm being far more intelligent and experienced would goat him into exhausting himself because an typical energy battle would/should be ineffective at their level.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@magneticstorm: I can agree to that.

And that is why Storm is going to beat Vulcan yet again. Just like Abigail Brand Said: "Storm has been trained to use her Powers at the Highest Level.....". Vulcan is using his powers on the Surface level. He doesn't think before he acts AND Vulcan is inexperience where as Storm is.

But, we shall see. I do think Vulcan will try to overwhelm her with multiple Energy Attacks and will TRY to tire Storm out only to find out Storm was just draining him Dry. Or found a different way to beat him.

kasya_carey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Storm was harming Selene's beast which was meant to take on everyone from Krakoa. By harming this beast which is made up of dimensions to Otherworld a pan-dimension.. space itself was being damaged.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#449  Edited By Mooty_Pass

X-Men Red #10 Feats

Despite the Fight being very short, we still got some Good Feats with Storm.

Storm vs Vulcan

-Storm tanks a Solar Explosion from a full powered Vulcan and is Unharmed.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

-Storm is able to contain and control Vulcan's vast energy and fire and Counter's him.

No Caption Provided

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.