The Thermodynamics, Mechanics and Feats of Storm's Powers #2

#51 Posted by kasya_carey (6702 posts) - - Show Bio

@storm_calling: Cool I'll get on it.

You probably should add in that she defeated and overpowered a space lubber in Shuri

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

The Lubber is powerful enough create real black holes on Earth that was expanding to destroy Earth. As you might know real black holes are powerful enough to destroy a solar system.

No Caption Provided

Here was the first black hole

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Here is got stronger and created another one. This is the one Storm defeated the next issue

#52 Posted by WaitOmegaStorm (463 posts) - - Show Bio

@kasya_carey: I remember seeing Storm destroying Lubber's shield, somehow feat for the shields?

Avatar image for shepardoakenprime
#53 Posted by ShepardOakenPrime (1254 posts) - - Show Bio

@kasya_carey: It seemed like she was simply throwing it for a loop, I don't see what she was overpowering at least in terms of her weather control. I think it's a very impressive feat of wind strength though.

#54 Edited by kasya_carey (6702 posts) - - Show Bio

@shepardoakenprime: When Storm cut a little lose she overpowered the lubber. wind strength yes as the lubber can easily crawl through black holes and fly FTL speeds. That's some serious durability.

#55 Edited by Storm Calling (4719 posts) - - Show Bio

@kasya_carey: The creature actually travels through wormholes, not black holes. The black holes are left behind as a result of the Lubber using some sort of method that involves black holes. They're related but it's not quite the same. It took an hour for example, for the black hole to show up after the creature escaped in the desert.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

I already have the feat posted up in the Godhead section though.

#56 Edited by kasya_carey (6702 posts) - - Show Bio

@storm_calling: it’s actually black holes too as the scans show it made a black hole in the sky and crawled out of it. The lubber has shown to leave them behind has waste product and create them. Shuri even stated in that scan it fled through a black hole. So that lubber is packing some good durability

#57 Posted by Storm Calling (4719 posts) - - Show Bio

@storm_calling: it’s actually black holes too as the scans show it made a black hole in the sky and crawled out of it. The lubber has shown to leave them behind has waste product and create them

It's using the black holes somehow to travel(as Stark confirmed in my scan), but nothing ever suggested that it was tanking the black holes or anything like that. It's more manipulating them to produce the wormholes in order for it to travel. So it's a little iffy in my opinion, especially considering the issue refused to explain the mechanics behind it.

#58 Edited by kasya_carey (6702 posts) - - Show Bio

@storm_calling:

Shuri stated in those very scans “it seems to use black holes to travel”

In the very scans I posted it was stated the lubber made a black hole in the sky. With no effort at all the lubber crawled out of it.

A real black hole has the power to swallow a solar system no matter the size. The black hole there was expending and it was a threat to the solar system.

#59 Edited by Storm Calling (4719 posts) - - Show Bio

@kasya_carey: Alright, I just went back to read Shuri #3, 4 and 8. I think you're right.

For starters, the black hole showed up at the beginning of the issue, and not as a result of a wormhole travel. It basically flew to earth and dropped the black hole right after it crashed into it. Lol

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2

So the creature has multiple ways to travel: High speed flight, wormhole generation and black holes.

I think Shuri got her description wrong in the scan I posted with Tony. She made it seem like the Lubber dropped the black hole there as a result of the wormhole, when in fact it was already there long before it fled using that method.

So yeah, it travels through black holes, which is quite impressive.

------

Apologies for the mistake, I've been busy all day with trying to fix the bugs on this site and wasn't thorough in my research.

I'll post it up soon when I get some more time.

#60 Posted by Mooty_Pass (10699 posts) - - Show Bio

@storm_calling: Thats perfect on Stormcaster.

Thank You.

*Feels like you did get my scans. Those where the exact scans I was trying to send you the entire time.

#61 Posted by butterflykyss (6442 posts) - - Show Bio

I guess whenever I need to look up references of storm feat I can skip over update 3 ha!!

#62 Edited by pollymars (17 posts) - - Show Bio

@roddy2010: If you are implying that thermal, potential and kinetic energy fall under electromagnetism, then I believe you're incorrect. These energies are not the result of electromagnetism itself, they just exist as is. Though, there thus exist electrothermal, electrical potential and electromotive energy.

#63 Posted by butterflykyss (6442 posts) - - Show Bio

@pollymars: I dint believe they were ever grouped in that manner. they have always been described separately on the explanation OP.

#65 Edited by Storm Calling (4719 posts) - - Show Bio

@pollymars: He never implied or inferred that they were. In fact, he lists electromagnetic energy alongside the thermal, potential, kinetic energy, etc. and how they relate to weather phenomena.

@mooty_pass said:

@storm_calling: Thats perfect on Stormcaster.

Thank You.

*Feels like you did get my scans. Those where the exact scans I was trying to send you the entire time.

Not a problem. For future reference, you'll find that you can still access the scans that you upload by going to your gallery under the "Images" section on your profile page.

#66 Edited by Storm Calling (4719 posts) - - Show Bio

To those dealing with trolls posting the power grids from the Marvel website to debunk her powers:

Those power grids come from the Marvel handbooks, which have outdated info about her powers.

No Caption Provided

There hasn't been an update for her in years(probably a whole decade), and she's had many considerable upgrades since then.

Here's the official power rating description from the handbook:

No Caption Provided

Storm should currently be in at least rank 6 for Energy Projection, and should've been in the first place considering she can control and project multiple forms of energy as this thread has proven.

But even if we don't consider those feats, her recent upgrades from obtaining the godhead should easily bump her to 6 now since that's completely separate from her weather manipulating abilities.

Speed should at least be at a 4 now since she recently broke the sound barrier to escape a reverse cave in. She was also able to keep up with Sam moving at top speed riding her jetstream(outflew Rogue with Captain Marvel's powers at the time using the same method) and has been able to match the speed of jets. There's also her lightning transportation that could easily bump her to 5.

#67 Edited by pollymars (17 posts) - - Show Bio

@storm_calling: @butterflykyss: Thank you both for correcting me on that. I went back and re-read it again and you're right. What he posted was really interesting and long. Plus too I was enjoying the photos he posted, while I was reading. Which made me lose focus on what I was reading. That's why I got confused. My apologies

#68 Posted by Mooty_Pass (10699 posts) - - Show Bio

@storm_calling:

Your absolutely right. Storm's stats should have some major updates by now.

The Handbook shares the exact stats as the Official Marvel.com Website AND the Official Marvel Wiki Fandom.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

It should be stated that as of NOW most of these stats she has made some major jumps.

Strength:

-3 Peak Human: Look at her Stonewall feat the man weight more than she could lift.

Intelligence:

-3 Learned: Storm is not an idiot. She may not have any degrees, but learning how to Fly Shia'r Aircraft's etc? Not to mention she has her own degree in Meteorology. How can she be THAT dumb???

Energy Projection:

-6 Able to discharge all forms of Energy.(Possibly 7). I don't need to explain this WE ALL KNOW.

Fighting Ability:

-4 Experienced Fighter(If we use power scaling she would be level 7) Storm beat Callisto and the Dora Milaje and Trained with T'Challa, Logan and Remy. 3 Level 7 and 2 Level 6 in the department of Fighting Skills.

Durability:

-3 Enhanced I mean c'mon she tanked a Mach 1 pressure blast point blank and many other feats that would kill a regular human.

Speed:

-5 Supersonic Mach 2 through Orbital Velocity.

So, yeah I agree with you Stormcalling. Storm's Stats has increased exponentially. These are ALL OLD stats.

#69 Posted by butterflykyss (6442 posts) - - Show Bio

@storm_calling: thanks sc but yea I know those grids are dated or completely wrong. they have heavier for energy as a 7 and durability as a 4. the thing is those trolls even with the knowledge you've shared would discount it as incorrect. we have another troll saying iron man in immune to the elements while questioning Ororo's immunity. when dealing with users like that logic wont change their minds.

#70 Edited by ShepardOakenPrime (1254 posts) - - Show Bio

Wanna test the whole deleting images thing so hey it looks like in X-Treme shes using electricity to create a magnetic field for thrown knives to be drawn to here, any thoughts/disagreements?

No Caption Provided

#71 Posted by butterflykyss (6442 posts) - - Show Bio
#72 Posted by ShepardOakenPrime (1254 posts) - - Show Bio

@butterflykyss: Huh it worked for a bit, this rule is going to be a real headache lol. Well here it is

No Caption Provided

#73 Posted by WaitOmegaStorm (463 posts) - - Show Bio
#74 Edited by Storm Calling (4719 posts) - - Show Bio

@shepardoakenprimesaid:

Wanna test the whole deleting images thing so hey it looks like in X-Treme shes using electricity to create a magnetic field for thrown knives to be drawn to here, any thoughts/disagreements?

I remember seeing this and thinking the same thing. But wasn't sure...

@pollymars said:

@storm_calling: @butterflykyss: Thank you both for correcting me on that. I went back and re-read it again and you're right. What he posted was really interesting and long. Plus too I was enjoying the photos he posted, while I was reading. Which made me lose focus on what I was reading. That's why I got confused. My apologies

Perfectly fine. I'm really glad you enjoyed reading it, and welcome to CV!

@mooty_pass: I agree with most with what you said.

Strength should probably be peak human since she's very clearly lifted more than double her own body weight on numerous occasions and fought opponents in h2h with enhance/peak physical strength. And while I don't think being ranked at 2 for intelligence makes you an idiot, she should be a solid 3 considering her college level education, high level tactical and leadership skills. the classes she taught in meteorology and ethics, and the mountains of life experience she gained from growing up on the streets and excelling there in astonishing ways(becoming the highest ranking of her pack and greatest thief in Cairo).

Fighting ability I would keep the same or put at a 5. While she did beat Callisto she was outmatched for the most part in that fight, with Cal underestimating her fighting ability... and she didn't really beat the Doras with h2h in their fight during WAP either. She held her own but Neznho had to get involved to break them apart so Ororo would have room to use her powers to defeat them. I think it's reasonable that she be bumped to at least a 5 since she defeated a fleet of Hand ninjas for example. She also beat Nightshade in a clean fight along with Crimson Commando and Marrow, and all have a fighting ability of 4. Khan is a little questionable since he had feelings for her. So he may have held back some to bridge the gap in their fighting ability, and that fight ended in a stalemate IIRC. So she didn't technically win.

I should also probably point out that she actually did go up a point in fighting ability here, since she was rank 3 in the previous handbooks.

I also think Storm's durability is an interesting one since she has resistance and immunity to weather manifestations. Someone with radiation, heat, cold, electricity and other elemental based attacks will have trouble attacking her due to that. So I feel like this whole class is broken for someone like her. The Enhanced ranking sounds fair to me though, since we know she can take a hit.

#75 Edited by ShepardOakenPrime (1254 posts) - - Show Bio

Okay was going to post it yesterday but then the whole log out thing happened so here it is sorry it took so long. I'm 99% sure the full scans are just hitting the 3 scan rule (the issue where Storm loses her powers) and the rest are fine. Because for some reason when I link photos they turn out blurry I'm just gonna post them full size in the spoiler blocks. Feel free to delete or add anything I just want to stop picking at it and call it finished lol.

Control

Multiple times have people used her powers and quickly learned they don't have the experience/understanding needed to use them effectively, some have even ended up losing control of the weather effects they summoned. The most notable instances where when Rogue first used Storm's powers she ended up creating a wild storm due to her wild emotions, the second was when Emma was in Ororo's body she ended up being swept away by her own winds and later striking down Shaw when she tried to attack the X-Men with a storm she quickly lost control of. A more recent showing is when a sorceress stated she needed considerable concentration to simply generate bioelectric bolts from her hands when she possessed Storm, of course once she was free she showed them what a weather witch can really do by dispersing them with a tornado without it affecting Magik standing right under it. Even against opponents like Meruda and Shaman who were capable of creating weather effects where schooled by Ororo's superior understanding of the elements, the latter she had to fix what he created. This understanding was even tested against the Trion, the 3 elemental forces of their own dimension as old as the dimension itself. Their world was completely new and unnatural to Storm to the point she wasn't sure how her powers going to manifest, yet she was able to counter their power on pure instinct (See the full instance against the Trion under "Mediums/Atmospheres/Biospheres" Update #2).

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Her level of control has been shaped after years manipulating the delicate natural weather systems, early on she stated simply creating a jetstream was going to cause atmospheric chaos over a city. The fact that she can comparatively summon full hurricanes (which hold energy the equivalent of 200 times the total electrical generating capacity on the planet), storms and blizzards and disperse their energy without severely hurting the natural balance alone should explain why she is considered the top weather manipulator (House of X #1) though it does take a lot of work. That and the fact that she’s bested the few powerful enough to try and compare themselves against her have failed. Tying her control into her precision it’s really no surprise why this has allowed her to do things such as creating a hurricane above a city without damaging anything but a sentinel and create a mini hurricane inside her garden without her plants being disturbed. (See “Precision/Accuracy” & “Lightning Force/Pressure gradients” for more related scans of pure control)

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

#76 Posted by Son Of Storm (11636 posts) - - Show Bio
#77 Posted by ShepardOakenPrime (1254 posts) - - Show Bio
#78 Posted by butterflykyss (6442 posts) - - Show Bio

Hi all. I elect to update the section of her ability to create cold to include up to the lowest possible temperatures which is absolute zero. Now I think most if not all would say there are no canonical instances of her creating absolute zero temperatures but I'm here to counter that.

First we define what is absolute temperature:

Thermodynamic temperature is defined by the third law of thermodynamics in which the theoretically lowest temperature is the null or zero point, ie the point of absolute zero.

Now the next question is has Ororo ever created the "lowest possible temperature" anywhere in canon? The answer would be yes and it occured early on in her career as an xman:

No Caption Provided

In an effort to save a young kitty from being burned to death by lava Ororo had to react drastically and wiickin to save her and the team's lives. So based upon this I move the kinetic energy or ice section be updated.

#79 Edited by Storm Calling (4719 posts) - - Show Bio

@shepardoakenprime: Apologies for the late response!

This was an excellent write up, Shepard!

No Caption Provided

Lots of really great examples and scans for why Storm is Mistress of the Elements. The level of finesse that she's needed to put into the big power displays in order to protect the natural order/delicate balance and the people around her, like the full on hurricanes(which you provided a nice scientific nugget for), just goes to show her absolute mastery in this field as other characters struggle with just the general and small scale weather effects. I really liked that you went back to the beginning and worked your way up to the modern day appearances, as it shows this has been a very consistent part of her powers for decades.

I thought the scan issue was solved, but it looks like removing them from your gallery still causes the thumbnail for the images to vanish. You can still view them by right-clicking the image to open the links in another tab though. So I can still access them.

I'll have it up on the OP soon. Thank you for all the work you've contributed. I know this wasn't easy, but people will appreciate it.

#80 Posted by butterflykyss (6442 posts) - - Show Bio

@shepardoakenprime: this was a great write up that said, some of your images still are not showing.

#81 Edited by Storm Calling (4719 posts) - - Show Bio

@butterflykyss said:

Hi all. I elect to update the section of her ability to create cold to include up to the lowest possible temperatures which is absolute zero. Now I think most if not all would say there are no canonical instances of her creating absolute zero temperatures but I'm here to counter that.

Thermodynamic temperature is defined by the third law of thermodynamics in which the theoretically lowest temperature is the null or zero point, ie the point of absolute zero.

Now the next question is has Ororo ever created the "lowest possible temperature" anywhere in canon? The answer would be yes and it occured early on in her career as an xman:

No Caption Provided

In an effort to save a young kitty from being burned to death by lava Ororo had to react drastically and wiickin to save her and the team's lives. So based upon this I move the kinetic energy or ice section be updated.

Interesting instance, but not definite enough in my opinion. For starters, this is Ororo's thoughts in the second panel, so she could just as easily be talking about the lowest temperatures she could possibly produce, which we still don't know yet.

Do I think she can create absolute zero? Yes. There's a compelling argument that can be made considering the things she's been able to produce that don't naturally exist on earth. Not to mention she's produce cold that Psylocke described was worse than deep space. Which is very near that.

Also, we're locked out of editing the OP again. Lol. This whole issue seems to be tied to the first post, as I can still edit the update sections without a problem.

#82 Posted by pollymars (17 posts) - - Show Bio

@shepardoakenprimesaid:

I remember seeing this and thinking the same thing. But wasn't sure...

@pollymars said:

Perfectly fine. I'm really glad you enjoyed reading it, and welcome to CV!

Thank you. I wish I heard about this place a lot sooner.

#83 Posted by Storm Calling (4719 posts) - - Show Bio

@shepardoakenprime: Your section has been added. I was able to get all the necessary scans, and I used the instance from the Marvels Epilogue issue for the opening example, if you don't mind.

#84 Posted by ShepardOakenPrime (1254 posts) - - Show Bio

@storm_calling: Ty! I wish I could say I was that organized that I went from past to present showings but it's mostly that Claremont is one of the few who cares enough to show her power in meaningful ways as we all know lol, though I did want to include the Extraordinary one since its recent and I just genuinely like it.

I'm just gratedul you guys are open to new input, while being a Storm fan sucks the community is genuinely nice and accepting making the effort worth it.

Nice addition! I was considering using that one instead since its gorgeous but decided to stick to the real one so that's perfect as an opening example for the section.

#85 Posted by ShepardOakenPrime (1254 posts) - - Show Bio
#86 Posted by Mooty_Pass (10699 posts) - - Show Bio
@butterflykyss said:

No Caption Provided

Interesting instance, but not definite enough in my opinion. For starters, this is Ororo's thoughts in the second panel, so she could just as easily be talking about the lowest temperatures she could possibly produce, which we still don't know yet.

Do I think she can create absolute zero? Yes. There's a compelling argument that can be made considering the things she's been able to produce that don't naturally exist on earth. Not to mention she's produce cold that Psylocke described was worse than deep space. Which is very near that.

Also, we're locked out of editing the OP again. Lol. This whole issue seems to be tied to the first post, as I can still edit the update sections without a problem.

1. I Agree. This is an interesting find, but nothing in that panel says that she created Absolute Zero Temp. I think this statement is very vague for the fact a temperature was not even stated.

2. I also, think Storm can create Absolute Zero temps since she is capable of making Unnatural weather on Earth. I'm not sure if we can use the Hyperstorm feat due to the definition of absolute zero. If Absolute Zero temps is where molecules cease to move and come to a stop which is colder than space itself. And Storm was close to that with her Hyperstorm feat how is Psylocke and Laura and the rest of the Team able to move still??? If the HypersStorm that Storm created is colder than Space(Absolute Zero) everyone shouldn't be able to move at all.

#88 Edited by pollymars (17 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Magnetism would have easily worked too, instead of using the ocean current to lift Harmon's underwater transport. Thor used magnetism to pull an Space craft out from under water seen here.

No Caption Provided

#89 Posted by Mooty_Pass (10699 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm doing some research on this "Far Below Zero" concept. And I keep getting referred to Absolute Zero. It seems like this Absolute Zero is such a vague concept that it could be anything below Zero Temperature.

But don't quote me. I'm still doing research......

#90 Edited by butterflykyss (6442 posts) - - Show Bio

@storm_calling said:
@butterflykyss said:

No Caption Provided

1. That's fair but I think you have to take into consideration what it would mean to totally freeze molten lava. The temperature at which molten lava exists can range from 1,292 to 2,192 °F. Assuming since the xmen were underground and near or close to the core of the earth these temperatures would be on the higher end. It would take an incredibly low temperature to remove the amount heat necessary to completely freeze molten lava. Lava becomes solid at 500 F but that is still too hot to be completely frozen as it its shown in the scan. Moreover, the scan didint say "generate the highest speeds and lowest temperatures possible I can make" but "generate the highest speeds and lowest temperatures possible." Ororo being a master and full control of her abilities would be able in my opinion to distinguish the difference between the two.

2. Agreed with all of your point here. Deep space is defined as 2.73 K. Absolutel zero is 0 K. If she said it was worse than deep space there is another example where she could have gotten close to absolute zero.

3. And that's fine boo. I was posting this to really reevaluate our original understanding of her temperature control.

#91 Edited by Storm Calling (4719 posts) - - Show Bio
@shepardoakenprime said:

@storm_calling: Ty! I wish I could say I was that organized that I went from past to present showings but it's mostly that Claremont is one of the few who cares enough to show her power in meaningful ways as we all know lol, though I did want to include the Extraordinary one since its recent and I just genuinely like it.

I'm just gratedul you guys are open to new input, while being a Storm fan sucks the community is genuinely nice and accepting making the effort worth it.

Nice addition! I was considering using that one instead since its gorgeous but decided to stick to the real one so that's perfect as an opening example for the section.

You're welcome! Let me know if you want to add anything else.

@mooty_pass said:

1. I Agree. This is an interesting find, but nothing in that panel says that she created Absolute Zero Temp. I think this statement is very vague for the fact a temperature was not even stated.

2. I also, think Storm can create Absolute Zero temps since she is capable of making Unnatural weather on Earth. I'm not sure if we can use the Hyperstorm feat due to the definition of absolute zero. If Absolute Zero temps is where molecules cease to move and come to a stop which is colder than space itself. And Storm was close to that with her Hyperstorm feat how is Psylocke and Laura and the rest of the Team able to move still??? If the HypersStorm that Storm created is colder than Space(Absolute Zero) everyone shouldn't be able to move at all.

The temperatures in deep space weren't considered absolute zero at the time. It was considered a few degrees above that.

Psylocke actually guarded Nightcrawler and herself with a teke field to protect them from the cold when they teleported into the chamber.

And Psylocke's Teke was actually beefed up to extreme levels here by her brother at the time
And Psylocke's Teke was actually beefed up to extreme levels here by her brother at the time
Then, after they took down Rachel, Storm moderated the effects of the cold in the chamber. So the others could enter. But Brain Child placed a device on her that forced her to continue generating the Hyperstorm under her own power
Then, after they took down Rachel, Storm moderated the effects of the cold in the chamber. So the others could enter. But Brain Child placed a device on her that forced her to continue generating the Hyperstorm under her own power
and eventually the temperatures in the room were going to flash freeze everyone
and eventually the temperatures in the room were going to flash freeze everyone

@butterflykyss said:

1. That's fair but I think you have to take into consideration what it would mean to totally freeze molten lava. The temperature at which molten lava exists can range from 1,292 to 2,192 °F. Assuming since the xmen were underground and near or close to the core of the earth these temperatures would be on the higher end. It would take an incredibly low temperature to remove the amount heat necessary to completely freeze molten lava. Lava becomes solid at 500 F but that is still too hot to be completely frozen as it its shown in the scan. Moreover, the scan didint say "generate the highest speeds and lowest temperatures possible I can make" but "generate the highest speeds and lowest temperatures possible." Ororo being a master and full control of her abilities would be able in my opinion to distinguish the difference between the two.

2. Agreed with all of your point here. Deep space is defined as 2.73 K. Absolutel zero is 0 K. If she said it was worse than deep space there is another example where she could have gotten close to absolute zero.

3. And that's fine boo. I was posting this to really reevaluate our original understanding of her temperature control.

That still doesn't mean she would need to freeze that low. She could've freezed close to that and still not achieved absolute zero. I'm not saying the cold she generated wasn't impressive. but she could've easily generated the -200° effect that she did to the gun in WAP to achieve the same effect.

Even if she didn't say "I'll pull in a wind from the outside. Generating the highest speeds and lowest temperatures I can possibly make", it's still reasonable to conclude she's referring to the effects that her powers can produce and not the highest winds and cold ever recorded. We would have to extrapolate all of her wind speed and temperature feats to infinity based on a vague statement.

Deep space wasn't considered absolute zero at the time the book was made. That's actually a fairly new discovery that came about years later. It was generally accepted to be around -271 C, or -456 F. Which is a few degrees above absolute zero. Also, now that I went back to read the issue, Psylocke is also referring to the fact that there's winds there to deal with. Unlike in deep space.

So it could be the same temperature as deep space, but with winds added to that effect; thus making it worse.

#92 Posted by Storm Calling (4719 posts) - - Show Bio

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Magnetism would have easily worked too, instead of using the ocean current to lift Harmon's underwater transport. Thor used magnetism to pull an Space craft out from under water seen here.

No Caption Provided

True, but this would once again fall back to a why she would need to when manipulating the water currents are enough?

#93 Posted by Stormcell (2285 posts) - - Show Bio

@pollymars said:
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

True, but this would once again fall back to a why she would need to when manipulating the water currents are enough?

I agree. I would rather see Storm manipulate the water in this instance to show her diversity of power. Wait until she's on land to see her do something like mold metal into different forms with magnetism.

#94 Posted by Malachi_Munroe (3885 posts) - - Show Bio

The coldest area in space is one degree above absolute zero. Going by this logic storm went one degree above absolute zero, not absolute zero so either way you spin it she didn't go absolute zero

#96 Posted by Storm Calling (4719 posts) - - Show Bio

The coldest area in space is one degree above absolute zero. Going by this logic storm went one degree above absolute zero, not absolute zero so either way you spin it she didn't go absolute zero

Thank you, Mal. I was doing some research and thought I remembered seeing something about temperatures reaching lower than absolute zero in space, but this was actually a science experiment. So yeah, space is not true absolute zero, just relatively close.

I think it's better that we wait for an actual confirmation instead of deducing that she can. It's obvious most of us think it's possible, so that isn't the problem. We just need to be patient.

With her omega status out there, it's only a matter of time I suspect.

I agree. I would rather see Storm manipulate the water in this instance to show her diversity of power. Wait until she's on land to see her do something like mold metal into different forms with magnetism.

My thoughts exactly. I would prefer there to be a situation that specifically demanded from her to use magnetism.

#97 Posted by pollymars (17 posts) - - Show Bio

@pollymars said:
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

From what I've observed on this Storm forum; and going through posts, reading the comments, and loving the many pictures everyone provided - Storm has demonstrated many times that she can manipulate the ocean currents and Hydrogen. But she has never once demonstrated the ability to attract or repell metallic objects via magnetism.

I'm just pointing out the creativity aspect of her powers that don't get explored. Storm’s ability to control EM energy allows for a far more creativity than what we've seen her do. I would have never thought that Storm can indirectly cause lava to rise up from beneath the ground by manipulating the Planet's EM Field. Or had the ability to breath under water via electrolysis and that's because the writers saw the full potential behind Storm's mutant abilities.

If Storm can only control and manipulate the energy system that factor the weather, then there is still more that can be done with applying her elemental abilities in different ways that still fall under the umbrella of atmospheric phenomena. Electromagnetism alone has nearly an infinite array of potential for Storm to tap into. That was my point. But I can respect your opinion.

#98 Edited by pollymars (17 posts) - - Show Bio
@stormcell said:
@storm_calling said:
@pollymars said:
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

But wouldn't that upset Magneto fans though and trigger the whole comic book world to jump up in protest crying why they have her copying Magneto? I am all for magnetism being applied to Storm's arsenal but not to where she starts turning metal cans into robots. That is more like Magneto's domain

#99 Edited by pollymars (17 posts) - - Show Bio

@stormcell said:

My thoughts exactly. I would prefer there to be a situation that specifically demanded from her to use magnetism.

I don't want it to be like moving bridges, ripping out adamantium skeletons, or have Sentinel Robots obey her every command. This power should come in handy if she's in a situation where there is a gun pointed at her, she can repell the gun away; if she's in a situation where she's wrapped around in metal coils after being caught by a sentinel robot, she can use her magnetic abilities to unravel the metal coils before splitting the robot in half. Or when there's a metal aircraft underwater and she wants to pull it up and bring it on to land. But I'll respect everyone's opinion

#100 Posted by Storm Calling (4719 posts) - - Show Bio

From what I've observed on this Storm forum; and going through posts, reading the comments, and loving the many pictures everyone provided - Storm has demonstrated many times that she can manipulate the ocean currents and Hydrogen. But she has never once demonstrated the ability to attract or repell metallic objects via magnetism.

I'm just pointing out the creativity aspect of her powers that don't get explored. Storm’s ability to control EM energy allows for a far more creativity than what we've seen her do. I would have never thought that Storm can indirectly cause lava to rise up from beneath the ground by manipulating the Planet's EM Field. Or had the ability to breath under water via electrolysis and that's because the writers saw the full potential behind Storm's mutant abilities.

If Storm can only control and manipulate the energy system that factor the weather, then there is still more that can be done with applying her elemental abilities in different ways that still fall under the umbrella of atmospheric phenomena. Electromagnetism alone has nearly an infinite array of potential for Storm to tap into. That was my point. But I can respect your opinion.

IIRC, she's only used ocean currents to move objects underwater one other time. In X-men Unlimited vol 2 #6. So I wouldn't really consider it to be many times.

I don't think we disagree on the other points. Magnetism is part of her powerset and should be explored, but like much of her potential, there hasn't been much of a reason for her to tap into these aspects of her powers. She generally uses her winds in teke fashion to control objects. In the case from the scans you posted, she was underwater. So ocean currents were the goto.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.