THE TEA HATH BEEN SPILT - STORM SOLO NEWS

#1 Edited by poisonfleur (4470 posts) - - Show Bio

Okay, so I just got back from C2E2 and I got a chance to speak to Jen Bartel.

And as many of you know Jen Bartel & Ta-Nehisi Coates have been said to be working on the Storm solo. I asked Jen if she googles herself and are the rumors are true about Storm's new solo? She said it's true. Jen Bartel (artist) said to me that Coates has wanted to work on a Storm solo for a good while now. She said he is currently working on Captain America at the moment, so after that and they both find time, they will both work on the Storm solo together. I also told her that Storm isn't exactly in the best of place in comics at the moment in X-men Gold.

She said that her promo art of Storm for upcoming solo included locks and a more fashionista like outfit. I even got a copy of it autographed. She said that Coates is pushing for this look at well. It is fierce! I love it. I imagine this new look is supposed to mark a new strong era of Storm. OBVIOUSLY this is a promo-like image. The new look isn't confirmed. Anything can change. But BIG THINGS are on the Horizon! And Jen Bartel is one of the most enchanting artists in the game! She's perfect for Storm. He art has a beautiful enchanted style that embraces different ethnicity and peoples. She finds a way to show the beauty in any character in a new and fresh way. Here's too a bold new future, Storm fans, that can't come fast enough!

P.S.

This was just based off a conversation I had. Nothing is set in stone. I don't work for Marvel. So take what I say just based off that one one conversation value. Either way, I can't wait to cosplay this!!!

No Caption Provided

#2 Posted by Farkam (11721 posts) - - Show Bio

*yawn*

#3 Posted by THUNDERBOLT30 (12441 posts) - - Show Bio

@poisonfleur: Nice! I have been waiting here more about the plans for Storm. It would be great to get an idea of the date and premise for the book but noce to know that there are plans for Storm. And I an LOVING this new look! And the fact that haters can’t help but come in to your thread to try and throw lame ass shade lol.

If you hear more please share it with us.

Her state and prospects in the X-Men are absolutely horrific with this current editorial/writing team.

#4 Posted by Mooty_Pass (8445 posts) - - Show Bio

Finally.....

#5 Posted by Mooty_Pass (8445 posts) - - Show Bio

@thunderbolt30: It just lets you know the same lurker is a hater Or Secretly likes Storm. LOL

#6 Posted by butterflykyss (5351 posts) - - Show Bio

thnks love!!!!!

#7 Posted by Thekillerklok (8647 posts) - - Show Bio

Off topic: I wonder if anyone else watches the storm forums and tries to figure out what the heck is going on....

#8 Posted by Son Of Storm (11427 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanks for the update. Now I can see why Marvel have been so tight lipped about her solo compared to the other's that have been coming out left and right. I also assume that this means that we must wait for Coates to finish Cap's book before we can get any word on Storm's?

#9 Edited by Mooty_Pass (8445 posts) - - Show Bio

@thekillerklok: Yeah, we Storm fans usually ignore it because there is a user on here that makes up Random Storm threads for Shitz and giggles

#10 Posted by jhazzroucher (22341 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow, so i guess Mr Coates wants the Stom ongoing solo seri3s to be perfect that he wants to have a lot of time to perfect his stories for her. Awesomeness! :)

Avatar image for shepardoakenprime
#11 Edited by ShepardOakenPrime (1001 posts) - - Show Bio

Thank you so much for the update we were all going nuts with no news for months lol.

#12 Posted by Malachi_Munroe (3727 posts) - - Show Bio

@farkam: I was wondering what that smell was.

#13 Posted by Farkam (11721 posts) - - Show Bio
#14 Edited by poisonfleur (4470 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah.. I only went to C2E2 on Friday and had about 5-10 min conversation with her about it at her booth. I didn't hear anything about the plot nor do I know what it means by Coates is working on Cap now. Does that mean that we'll have to wait till the Cap book is up and running? Or does that mean till after his Cap run is over? Hopefully he will work on multiple books. I should have clarified and asked. But I believed it was a scheduling thing between the two. I don't know how long it takes to create a comic with writing, art, and publishing.

I was happy that she said that the both of them want to give Storm a new look in the reference of the promo image. <3

With that said I also expressed how disappointed I was with Storm in X-men Gold. And I got the sense that Bartel had a really good sense and love for the character and wanted to evolved as a character. I forgot who she said, but apparently someone leaked that a Storm solo was in the works, so it's not really a secret, btw.

I really hope this solo comes sooner rather than later.

#15 Posted by Malachi_Munroe (3727 posts) - - Show Bio

@farkam: take it to a klan meeting not here. Bye sis

#16 Edited by Son Of Storm (11427 posts) - - Show Bio
#17 Posted by poisonfleur (4470 posts) - - Show Bio
#18 Posted by Malachi_Munroe (3727 posts) - - Show Bio

@poisonfleur: @son_of_storm: i really was NOT here for the mess. And on that note .. i'm going to sleep .. for like a century

#19 Posted by Son Of Storm (11427 posts) - - Show Bio

@malachi_munroe said:

@poisonfleur: @son_of_storm: i really was NOT here for the mess. And on that note .. i'm going to sleep .. for like a century

I suppose you can rest for a while given we don't need a high priestess anymore since Storm's solo is in limbo.

#20 Posted by jhazzroucher (22341 posts) - - Show Bio

If the Storm ongoing solo will happen after Captain America ongoing, maybe Coates plan to write Captain America for the first 12 issues. Still, that sounds too long for me to wait for the second Storm ongoing solo to come.

#21 Posted by poisonfleur (4470 posts) - - Show Bio

If the Storm ongoing solo will happen after Captain America ongoing, maybe Coates plan to write Captain America for the first 12 issues. Still, that sounds too long for me to wait for the second Storm ongoing solo to come.

I could be. He also may wait just until he make sure Cap gets off to a good start. I don't know. I just hope we get the best possible Storm solo. Because I feel this would be more beneficial for everyone considering the characters that do get solos... Besides, I feel Coates is known to be a respectable writer and I hear that Storm is a dream project for him. So it's only a matter of time.

#22 Posted by jhazzroucher (22341 posts) - - Show Bio

@jhazzroucher said:

I could be. He also may wait just until he make sure Cap gets off to a good start. I don't know. I just hope we get the best possible Storm solo. Because I feel this would be more beneficial for everyone considering the characters that do get solos... Besides, I feel Coates is known to be a respectable writer and I hear that Storm is a dream project for him. So it's only a matter of time.

Yeah! :)

I hope we'll get a lot of variants but i hope it won't be expensive or I might not be able to buy all of them.

I really want a free Storm lanyard on the first issue which says Certified Storm Fan!

#23 Posted by Storm Calling (4543 posts) - - Show Bio

@poisonfleur: Thank you for giving us a heads up! We really appreciate this.

#24 Posted by poisonfleur (4470 posts) - - Show Bio

@poisonfleur: Thank you for giving us a heads up! We really appreciate this.

I wish I had more to tell but that's all.

Now if one of us could get some answers out of Coates, we would really be on to something! We should all blow up his twitter with questions regarding the Storm solo. LOLOL

#25 Posted by jhazzroucher (22341 posts) - - Show Bio

Care to post images of you and Jen?

#26 Posted by poisonfleur (4470 posts) - - Show Bio

I didn't get a pic with her. However I can post me holding a signed copy of the image posted above. I bought one after she told me about the new look.

#27 Posted by jhazzroucher (22341 posts) - - Show Bio

@jhazzroucher said:

I didn't get a pic with her. However I can post me holding a signed copy of the image posted above. I bought one after she told me about the new look.

Yes please! :)

#28 Posted by poisonfleur (4470 posts) - - Show Bio

@poisonfleur said:
@jhazzroucher said:

No Caption Provided

#29 Posted by THUNDERBOLT30 (12441 posts) - - Show Bio

@poisonfleur: love your look! And hella jealous of that signed commission <3

#30 Posted by poisonfleur (4470 posts) - - Show Bio

Thank you! Here's the complete look from C2E2

No Caption Provided
#31 Posted by jhazzroucher (22341 posts) - - Show Bio

@jhazzroucher said:
@poisonfleur said:
@jhazzroucher said:

No Caption Provided

Wow. THat is so awesome! :)

#32 Posted by jhazzroucher (22341 posts) - - Show Bio

@thunderbolt30 said:

No Caption Provided

You look so fierce and awesome! :)

#33 Posted by poisonfleur (4470 posts) - - Show Bio
#34 Posted by jhazzroucher (22341 posts) - - Show Bio

@jhazzroucher said:
@poisonfleur said:
@thunderbolt30 said:

No Caption Provided

You look so fierce and awesome! :)

No Caption Provided

Last one from C2E2

Awesome!

BY the way, what is the type of cloth that you bought for the costume?

#35 Edited by poisonfleur (4470 posts) - - Show Bio

@jhazzroucher: The cape is iridescent fabric on the backside. The main part of the costume is fake leather.

#36 Posted by jhazzroucher (22341 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanks a lot. Im planning to have someone make me a Storm costume, male version.

#37 Posted by jhazzroucher (22341 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh and next time, try wearing a long whit wig so you can wear a tiara. :)

#38 Posted by poisonfleur (4470 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh and next time, try wearing a long whit wig so you can wear a tiara. :)

I was going for the X-men: Apocalypse movie version. In the film Alexandra Shipp has a mohawk.
Maybe if Storm's next appearance gives us longer hair, I'll consider it.

#39 Edited by jhazzroucher (22341 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh please try the long white hair for a different look. Or maybe you should try the dreadlocks Storm hairstyle first before the long white straight hair.

Avatar image for king_stranglehold_da_first
#40 Posted by King-Stranglehold da first (6229 posts) - - Show Bio

@jhazzroucher:

Dude you literally SPAMMED this entire section. lol!

#41 Posted by jhazzroucher (22341 posts) - - Show Bio

Any upcoming comic con that you can attend @poisonfleur so u can ask Jen Bartel again. And hopefully Mr. Coates will be there so that you can ask when will the first issue of the second Storm ongoing solo will be released. :)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.