Follow

Storm

Character » Storm appears in 10180 issues.

Born to an American photo journalist and Kenyan princess, Ororo Munroe is one of the most recognizabe superheroines in the Marvel Universe. Using her unique ability to see and manipulate natural energy patterns of the universe to summon any type of weather phenomenon she desires in the blink of an eye, she is called Storm.

The most anticipated Storm fight?

• 78 results
    kasya_carey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

What are the most anticipated Storm fights you hope to see and what kind of abilities you hope she can display?

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By jhazzroucher

Storm vs Magneto

And since we have Inhumans vs X-men, I'd like to see a Storm vs Black Bolt battle too.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is obvious for me I wanna see Storm just FINALLY destroy Magneto. After that i'd like her to fight Spectrum and then Carol and that's kinda it. If writers figure out how to use her powers strategically i'd be happy.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is obvious for me I wanna see Storm just FINALLY destroy Magneto. After that i'd like her to fight Spectrum and then Carol and that's kinda it. If writers figure out how to use her powers strategically i'd be happy.

I don't really want to see a fight between Storm and Spectrum nor Storm and Carol. I'd like Storm to fight the guys.

Aside from Magneto and Blackbolt, I'd like to see:

Storm vs Vulcan

Storm vs Juggernaut

Storm vs Thor (not really a fight but just got mad each other but shows that Storm can actually control the weather more than Thor)

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Mooty_Pass

@jhazzroucher: Nah Juggernaut and Vulcan No Storm can't beat them. She can slow them down, but not put them down.

BlueHope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would love to see an angry Storm stomping the brotherhood of mutants(no magneto) by herself.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jhazzroucher: Nah Juggernaut and Vulcan No Storm can't beat them. She can slow them down, but not put them down.

Yes she can. :)

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-59dfd33ed3601
    deactivated-59dfd33ed3601

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Storm vs Magneto

Royal_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why stem vs magneto.....magneto has destroyed whole Xmen rosters with storm on them...

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Mooty_Pass

@royal_warrior: Not interested in a debate about this.

Why is for the simple fact that Storm can beat Magneto and writers constantly write her to always throw Lightning at him knowingly it doesn't work. As well as she's been able to counter him and always hold back.

That's pretty much it.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm just here to witness the scalping of the queen.. * hands out cups of tea to everyone *

Avatar image for deactivated-59dfd33ed3601
    deactivated-59dfd33ed3601

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@royal_warrior: Not interested in a debate about this.

Why is for the simple fact that Storm can beat Magneto and writers constantly write her to always throw Lightning at him knowingly it doesn't work. As well as she's been able to counter him and always hold back.

That's pretty much it.

I feel the same way for Jean Grey. It seems the writers purposely water down some characters to make Magneto look strong.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@somayareece: Exactly. But people don't realized that Magneto is the NUMBER #1 Bad Guy the X-men come to blows with. He's an adversary that the X-men are NOT supposed to overcome becasue he stands for something the X-men don't agree with. And so IF you have them defeat him......Magneto is no longer a threat. There are at least 5 members of the X-men that CAN beat Magneto, but becasue what they stand for Magneto will ALWAYS steem roll over them in every fight.

Which is kinda annoying, but that's what you call Story writing.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm just here to witness the scalping of the queen.. * hands out cups of tea to everyone *

I prefer coffee

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lol yesssss......

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
    deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I'm just waiting for Storm to snatch Medusa's nappy wig.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sprior93 said:

I'm just waiting for Storm to snatch Medusa's nappy wig.

Easy. :)

kasya_carey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@malachi_munroe said:

lol yesssss......

No Caption Provided

lol y'all are so petty

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By jhazzroucher
    butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By butterflykyss

@sprior93: indeed but you know thet not gone let storm win against medusa. we gone have another showing where innocents are put in jeopardy after which storm is distracted b4 getting ko'd

already happened with Valkyrie and she did it all without the support of her lacefront.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sprior93: indeed but you know thet not gone let storm win against medusa. we gone have another showing where innocents are put in jeopardy after which storm is distracted b4 getting ko'd

already happened with Valkyrie and she did it all without the support of her lacefront.

Lol on that lace-front. Yeah this is concerning me. I really hope that when Lemire/Soule says both Storm and Medusa "really step up" that it is speaking in the way they use their tactical/battle strategy skills vs them engaging in a fight. I don't want to see Storm jobbing or mopping the floors of Attilan with a big ass red mop!

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thunderbolt30: **dead** at red mop lmfao ur silly. but yes i hope so too but based on his tweets it seems these will b fights akin to ivx. but im hoping ur right. i would much prefer a tactical battle as this would b more sensible

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kasya_carey: My name is starkeisha..and I'm the best...yes, you know I'm petty, I like to start some mess :p

Elpizo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want to see Storm and Black Panther face Doom who has prep time

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@elpizo said:

I want to see Storm and Black Panther face Doom who has prep time

Storm and BP vs prep time Doom would be interesting. :)

Stormcell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Storm vs. Blackbolt.

Storm use her elemental powers to turn his powers back upon him.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Storm vs. Blackbolt.

Storm use her elemental powers to turn his powers back upon him.

Cool. :)

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want a Storm vs Thor too.

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By butterflykyss

I knew storm could beat juggs ;)

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

now granted in the story he was weakened as we know storm can generate lightning far greater than this in intensity

Toratorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Storm vs Doombot. Can't wait to see Storm get stomped once again.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Woud love to see Storm whoop Human Torch again. First with powers (easy lightning one-shot), and then round 2 in a ring for a h2h fight where she casually beats the brakes off his weak a$$.

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PanzerX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By PanzerX

I'd like to see Storm beat some mid tiers consistently before putting her at Doom or Juggs' level.

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

storm knocking juggs down with a bolt of lightning. it seemed to have hurt him too. thanks stormphoenix for finding this.

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@panzerx said:

I'd like to see Storm beat some mid tiers consistently before putting her at Doom or Juggs' level.

which ones

PanzerX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@butterflykyss: Any mid tiers. She's outright failed to harm a Doombot before.

And by the way, Marko has tanked Thor's lightning, unless you're now claiming Storm > Thor.

Son Of Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#40  Edited By Son Of Storm

@butterflykyss said:

No Caption Provided

storm knocking juggs down with a bolt of lightning. it seemed to have hurt him too. thanks stormphoenix for finding this.

I think hurt is extremely extremely generous considering he was able to get into a slug-fest with Colossus not two pages later. Granted he fought like an idiot but given Colossus' dialog I guess this was to highlight him using his brain instead of all brawn like Juggy.

Spider-Woman V1 #38 for anyone interested in the full issue

To me his scream was more along the lines of a figurative shock from being blown through the floor. In either case this will be right along the lines of Storm hurting Silver Surfer. Good enough for a temporary distraction at best but after that she'd better move with a quickness or move to more lethal and internal means.

Edit: I'm just going to go ahead and post everything regarding this.

So here we see after Colossus gives Jugs an involuntary bath he's right back up and rearing for round two. Again Colossus plays it smart and we have Spider-Woman AND Storm killing themselves to take out Jugs and in the end all their combined might did was destroy the ship and if we're going by what happen a few pages ago send Jugs to sink back to the depths.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@panzerx: technically she already has. Polaris, Meruda, Candra, Emma Frost, Shadow King, Sinister, Guardian, multiple mentally controlled X-Men (including Cyclops, Dazzler, Havok, Psylocke, Colossus), Krakoa II and more. Plus she’s has a few good feats against higher end opponents (i.e. Trion, Advesary).

We’ve seen PLENTY of others get lowballed/have bad moments too, so we don’t need to pretend its not the characters standard level of power or competence.

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@butterflykyss said:

No Caption Provided

I think hurt is extremely extremely generous considering he was able to get into a slug-fest with Colossus not two pages later. Granted he fought like an idiot but given Colossus' dialog I guess this was to highlight him using his brain instead of all brawn like Juggy.

Spider-Woman V1 #38 for anyone interested in the full issue

To me his scream was more along the lines of a figurative shock from being blown through the floor. In either case this will be right along the lines of Storm hurting Silver Surfer. Good enough for a temporary distraction at best but after that she'd better move with a quickness or move to more lethal and internal means.

Edit: I'm just going to go ahead and post everything regarding this.

So here we see after Colossus gives Jugs an involuntary bath he's right back up and rearing for round two. Again Colossus plays it smart and we have Spider-Woman AND Storm killing themselves to take out Jugs and in the end all their combined might did was destroy the ship and if we're going by what happen a few pages ago send Jugs to sink back to the depths.

hey there beloved. I know juggernaut is highly durable and yes he was up and fighting like it was no one's business the next few panels but I couldnt imagine juggernaut screaming like that due to a fall when we have seen him fall from great heights without so much of peep.

No Caption Provided

the fact a bolt of lightning could move him when a previous bolt from her proved ineffectual I think is also evidence this bolt packed more of a wallop. that said I do agree though to you point about silver surfer that it was more of a distraction than anything; however, considering storm tends to hold back especially during that particular period seeing that her bolt could move him is an impressive showing to me at least and it begs to question what could she do if she wasnt holding back.

Son Of Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hey there beloved. I know juggernaut is highly durable and yes he was up and fighting like it was no one's business the next few panels but I couldnt imagine juggernaut screaming like that due to a fall when we have seen him fall from great heights without so much of peep.

No Caption Provided

the fact a bolt of lightning could move him when a previous bolt from her proved ineffectual I think is also evidence this bolt packed more of a wallop. that said I do agree though to you point about silver surfer that it was more of a distraction than anything; however, considering storm tends to hold back especially during that particular period seeing that her bolt could move him is an impressive showing to me at least and it begs to question what could she do if she wasnt holding back.

Yes but if you look at the dialog Jugg is in the middle of raging at Banshee not explaining that the path would be clear sailing as he was in the previous scan. So I still believe it was more from the shock of it all than any actual pain considering that it took both of them to cause him any noted pain.

Well of course. Everyone should know that Storm always holds her powers on an annoyingly tight leash and we've probably never really seen the upper limits of her abilities for whatever reason. My biggest gripe is I don't like patchwork feats. For years some Storm fans just knew for sure that it was perfectly within Storm capabilities to fry the nervous system of living beings as well as do other internal tricks however we didn't come to threads and post patchwork feats to get to that conclusion. We waited until SHE did it and then celebrated accordingly.

I'll give you an example:

No Caption Provided

Here we see T'challa basically using the same method to take down Thanos as Storm did to take down Sinister. But I wouldn't use this as proof that Storm can solo Thanos because SHE didn't do it. If we open the door that if character A did something we think (or in this case know) character B could do then it just opens Pandora's box.

But so far from the scan's you've posted we have Storm and Spider-Woman killing themselves to basically bfr Juggernaut and Bishop channeling the power of a city to bring a severely weakened Juggernaut to his knees with Beast flat out stating that Jugs had basically been handed to them on a silver platter.

While Storm's lightning has effected characters of Juggs strength level she's never directly done it to him. Do I think she can do it? Sure. The way her powers work and what we've seen her do in the past leaves no doubt in my mind that at the very least she could temporarily stun him but to say that Storm could outright defeat him as you said above isn't right until she actually does it.

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By butterflykyss

No Caption Provided

Yes but if you look at the dialog Jugg is in the middle of raging at Banshee not explaining that the path would be clear sailing as he was in the previous scan. So I still believe it was more from the shock of it all than any actual pain considering that it took both of them to cause him any noted pain.

Well of course. Everyone should know that Storm always holds her powers on an annoyingly tight leash and we've probably never really seen the upper limits of her abilities for whatever reason. My biggest gripe is I don't like patchwork feats. For years some Storm fans just knew for sure that it was perfectly within Storm capabilities to fry the nervous system of living beings as well as do other internal tricks however we didn't come to threads and post patchwork feats to get to that conclusion. We waited until SHE did it and then celebrated accordingly.

I'll give you an example:

No Caption Provided

Here we see T'challa basically using the same method to take down Thanos as Storm did to take down Sinister. But I wouldn't use this as proof that Storm can solo Thanos because SHE didn't do it. If we open the door that if character A did something we think (or in this case know) character B could do then it just opens Pandora's box.

But so far from the scan's you've posted we have Storm and Spider-Woman killing themselves to basically bfr Juggernaut and Bishop channeling the power of a city to bring a severely weakened Juggernaut to his knees with Beast flat out stating that Jugs had basically been handed to them on a silver platter.

While Storm's lightning has effected characters of Juggs strength level she's never directly done it to him. Do I think she can do it? Sure. The way her powers work and what we've seen her do in the past leaves no doubt in my mind that at the very least she could temporarily stun him but to say that Storm could outright defeat him as you said above isn't right until she actually does it.

well the reason I think it was more than just a case of him screaming from a fall is primarily based upon their initial encounter:

No Caption Provided

now there is context here. storm was pretty debilitated by her claustrophobia but she managed to shoot a bioelectric bolt at him and as you can see he shrugged it off as if it was nothing. in the encounter in spiderwoman she was actually able to hit him with a bolt so strong it knocked him off his feet and down that opening within the ship.

you left out two important details in your analysis when describing storm and spiderwoman's fight against juggernaut. one, spideewoman mentioned that they could have him him directly with their bolts but chose instead to hit the poles so they wouldnt hsve to get close to him (this does make sense for storms power obviously but despite this they were not hitting him directly with their bolts is the main point.) second, she mentioned his screamed in first rage and then in pain. the arcing effect from their bolts caused him pain which he still resisted but the bottom line is an indirect electrical attack did hurt him. therefore, I dont think it is far fateched to believe one of her direct bolts being able to do the same, especially when said bolt was able to knock him off his feet.

lastly, I dont necessarily agree with your analysis on thanos. I would agree with that what storm was able to do against sinister wouldnt necessarily work against thanos; however, if he was taken down by similar means by tchalla what would stop ororo from doing the same? it's one thing to speculate on her bring able to do a feat based upon our knowledge of her powers but then there is a whole other thing to have said feat confirmed on panel and then make the argument why it would or wouldnt work on another character. now in the case of storm, she has never defeated him on panel so you are right about that. however, I think there is enough from their encounters to demonstrate that at the very least her lightning can harm him.

Son Of Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

now there is context here. storm was pretty debilitated by her claustrophobia but she managed to shoot a bioelectric bolt at him and as you can see he shrugged it off as if it was nothing. in the encounter in spiderwoman she was actually able to hit him with a bolt so strong it knocked him off his feet and down that opening within the ship.

I'm aware of the context as we've all had that scan thrown at us at one time or another but thank you for the refresher. I get what you're saying but it's common knowledge that Storm's lightning bolts possess serious concussive force. Hell I remember her ripping Psylocke's clothes to shreds as a byproduct of it. But moving someone doesn't equate to hurting them let along beating them. If this was the case then yea Storm could beat Juggernaut with a simple BFR but she wouldn't need lightning to do that and we wouldn't be here.

you left out two important details in your analysis when describing storm and spiderwoman's fight against juggernaut. one, spideewoman mentioned that they could have him him directly with their bolts but chose instead to hit the poles so they wouldnt hsve to get close to him (this does make sense for storms power obviously but despite this they were not hitting him directly with their bolts is the main point.) second, she mentioned his screamed in first rage and then in pain. the arcing effect from their bolts caused him pain which he still resisted but the bottom line is an indirect electrical attack did hurt him.

But see this is the disconnect. Here we have Storm and Spider-Woman giving it there all and even then they had to almost kill themselves to even hurt him. We're not talking about hurting we're talking about beating/soloing/KOing. You claimed that Storm could beat Juggernaut:

I knew storm could beat juggs ;)

Take this for example:

No Caption Provided

Emma 'hurt' Storm but her chances of actually beating Storm in a real fight is slim to none. That's my main point. Yes Storm (even by herself) could very well hurt Juggernaut but she can't beat him.

therefore, I dont think it is far fateched to believe one of her direct bolts being able to do the same, especially when said bolt was able to knock him off his feet.

But again this is the same song as before. Being able to move someone doesn't equal being able to beat them in a straight up fight. Storm made Silver Surfer jump off his board with her strike because she hurt him. But I said that in my earlier post. I do think given the chance to truly cut loose Storm could do some serious damage to Juggernaut but whether that damage is enough to beat him is up to Marvel. And given how current X-Office Storm is written she'd probably be just as effective against Juggernaut as she was in their first encounter. Sad but true.

lastly, I dont necessarily agree with your analysis on thanos. I would agree with that what storm was able to do against sinister wouldnt necessarily work against thanos; however, if he was taken down by similar means by tchalla what would stop ororo from doing the same? it's one thing to speculate on her bring able to do a feat based upon our knowledge of her powers but then there is a whole other thing to have said feat confirmed on panel and then make the argument why it would or wouldnt work on another character. now in the case of storm, she has never defeated him on panel so you are right about that. however, I think there is enough from their encounters to demonstrate that at the very least her lightning can harm him.

Because I don't like to deal in speculation and pass it off as fact no matter how plausible it may be. Like I said the reason I posted the scan is because I'd never use it as concrete proof that Storm could solo Thanos in the span of a few panels because she hasn't actually done it. It would have been a beautiful thing to see (one of many reason I wished Storm was on that team) but it didn't happen. And yea her powers are strong but until we get to see them on a Thanos tier character and actually doing serious and long lasting damage at best all we have is Storm being a distraction.

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Storm vs a sack of bricks.

It's a fair match up.

Son Of Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Storm vs a sack of bricks.

It's a fair match up.

Ty for that interesting fight. But I'd much rather a cake rematch.

No Caption Provided

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Son Of Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#50 god_spawn  Moderator

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.