Follow

Storm

Character » Storm appears in 10183 issues.

Born to an American photo journalist and Kenyan princess, Ororo Munroe is one of the most recognizabe superheroines in the Marvel Universe. Using her unique ability to see and manipulate natural energy patterns of the universe to summon any type of weather phenomenon she desires in the blink of an eye, she is called Storm.

Storm NEEDS to lose her physical body

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided

And become an omega level mutant. No I'm not talking about some next powerful omega level mutant like Jean, Legion, X-Man or even Franklin Richards but just on the level of Ice-Man.

Anyways whats the point of being a "goddess" and having all this power when potentially a hilly billy with a saw-off shot can take her out quickly if she doesn't react fast enough? I think her physical body is whats been holding her back a lot and from her true potential. I know this has been discussed on here before, but I wanted to make a thread to go more in depth.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And become an omega level mutant. No I'm not talking about some next powerful omega level mutant like Jean, Legion, X-Man or even Franklin Richards but just on the level of Ice-Man.

Anyways whats the point of being a "goddess" and having all this power when potentially a hilly billy with a saw-off shot can take her out quickly if she doesn't react fast enough? I think her physical body is whats been holding her back a lot and from her true potential. I know this has been discussed on here before, but I wanted to make a thread to go more in depth.

ONCE again You are NOT wrong LOL . I do agree with you, but she needs to let go of her morals AND the X-men because really those 2 are what's really holding her back. If they send Storm into space I SWEAR she will come back a lot more powerful then MAYBE she can FINALLY develop her untapped powers. And that's what people keep forgetting is that Storm has not reached her full Potential and I believe once that happens we will see a whole different Storm. But the question is How should we go on about this new transformation for her to leave her body?

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

never thought of storm without a physical body. but shes not omega level..

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nerevarine_11: Eh she doesn't need that "label" but she already proved herself to be one. Marvel may never acknowledge it, but it's cool she already powerful and she still growing

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I prefer Storm just having that option, not a permanent one.

Overmonitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That would be a hell of a mutation, turning into the embodiment of weather, instead of a human.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That would be a hell of a mutation, turning into the embodiment of weather, instead of a human.

Oh yeah! :)

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I actually prefer she keeps her physical body and further develop the defensive applications of her powers. However, it would be kind of awesome to see her transform into different elements (air, lightning water, EM energy, solar wind, combo of all forces as a sentient storm, etc) at will.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By jhazzroucher

I actually prefer she keeps her physical body and further develop the defensive applications of her powers. However, it would be kind of awesome to see her transform into different elements (air, lightning water, EM energy, solar wind, combo of all forces as a sentient storm, etc) at will.

You said it right! :)

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By Outside_85

Being an Omega is like a death sentence: "Congratulations you have now reached untold potential, now you either have to die, forget you are an omega or dissapear into obscurity; choose your poison."

Me, I'd actually rather see her, even if only temporarily, depowered. Not entirely, but just so she gets to struggle a bit with it and perhaps rely on a different set of skills.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Being an Omega is like a death sentence: "Congratulations you have now reached untold potential, now you either have to die, forget you are an omega or dissapear into obscurity; choose your poison."

Me, I'd actually rather see her, even if only temporarily, depowered. Not entirely, but just so she gets to struggle a bit with it and perhaps rely on a different set of skills.

What about Iceman?

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Outside_85

@jhazzroucher: He's taking the mix of option B and C. He's not on the frontline like Jean was and it's unusual for him to actually demonstrate he in fact is an Omega.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#13 SC  Moderator

Maybe we could sacrifice Storms ethnicity, background and gender for even more power? Her name too? Personal connections. Okay.. this might sound weird, but I have this great new idea… so Storm stops being Storm right? Instead… "it" becomes OS… and OS is future Storm, but OS has no name, ethnicity, gender, color, body, friends, parents, family, identity, OS is just really really powerful. Like OS is a Mega Omega Supreme Ultimate Tier Mutant. Like fifty trillion times more powerful than Galactus, Sentry, Batman, and Living Tribunal combined!

Oh man that would be so awesome, then we could take OS into Battles and dominate!

Sorry, heh heh its just my way of expressing that I personally prefer Storm have a body, I prefer her not being Omega either, mental resilience and skill, and will power is far more important to me than raw power. Storm does have raw power in spades, but she was actually competent too and needed great willpower and emotional control to use her powers well, contrast this to characters with lots of raw power but not that much mental strength or will power to actually make the most out of raw power. Similar with Magneto, lots of raw power, but it was his mental edge and strength that allowed him to take on teams of X-Men, and yeah in some stories he lost his "physical body" to ascend to some uber state and it was boring and he still got "jobbed out" because in actual stories too much power usually means you job or die or end up incompetent.

Being a "goddess" is more than just about power, it meant in Storms case helping and assisting people that needed it and prayed for it, and being attuned with nature, then it became more of a nickname, nod to her past. I think her "body" and everything to do with it is what made the character popular to so many people in the first place. I mean, if people want her to be uber powerful… sure, but taking one of the earliest and most popular black characters and making it so they are "energy" for the sake of power… its a bit odd. Its like giving Xavier omega powered energy legs heh heh.

There is some story and awesome art potential with her being an "elemental" but at the least should just be a state she can switch between. Also though then thats basically Monica Rambeau's thing. If you are curious though there was an "energy Storm" in World War Hulks along with other Hulked out versions of characters, that was kind of cool temporarily.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. That's the curse of Being an Omega. HONESTLY I don't care if Storm is a possible Omega is a Omega level mutant she's already TOO powerful as it is. ALL you just said your ABSOLUTELY CORRECT.

2. Well technically that's already happen I mean she beat Scott for the role to lead the X-men and she had no powers LOL

@sc said:

Maybe we could sacrifice Storms ethnicity, background and gender for even more power? Her name too? Personal connections. Okay.. this might sound weird, but I have this great new idea… so Storm stops being Storm right? Instead… "it" becomes OS… and OS is future Storm, but OS has no name, ethnicity, gender, color, body, friends, parents, family, identity, OS is just really really powerful. Like OS is a Mega Omega Supreme Ultimate Tier Mutant. Like fifty trillion times more powerful than Galactus, Sentry, Batman, and Living Tribunal combined!

Oh man that would be so awesome, then we could take OS into Battles and dominate!

Sorry, heh heh its just my way of expressing that I personally prefer Storm have a body, I prefer her not being Omega either, mental resilience and skill, and will power is far more important to me than raw power. Storm does have raw power in spades, but she was actually competent too and needed great willpower and emotional control to use her powers well, contrast this to characters with lots of raw power but not that much mental strength or will power to actually make the most out of raw power. Similar with Magneto, lots of raw power, but it was his mental edge and strength that allowed him to take on teams of X-Men, and yeah in some stories he lost his "physical body" to ascend to some uber state and it was boring and he still got "jobbed out" because in actual stories too much power usually means you job or die or end up incompetent.

Being a "goddess" is more than just about power, it meant in Storms case helping and assisting people that needed it and prayed for it, and being attuned with nature, then it became more of a nickname, nod to her past. I think her "body" and everything to do with it is what made the character popular to so many people in the first place. I mean, if people want her to be uber powerful… sure, but taking one of the earliest and most popular black characters and making it so they are "energy" for the sake of power… its a bit odd. Its like giving Xavier omega powered energy legs heh heh.

There is some story and awesome art potential with her being an "elemental" but at the least should just be a state she can switch between. Also though then thats basically Monica Rambeau's thing. If you are curious though there was an "energy Storm" in World War Hulks along with other Hulked out versions of characters, that was kind of cool temporarily.

EVERYTHING YOU SAID is 150% RIGHT. Your exactly right. I don't mind Storm getting more power, but what I want to see is Storm showing us and REMINDING us that IF she wanted to she could kill EVERYONE I like that she must always hold back her power in fear of killing everyone. She has the most powerful will on earth I want her to go into space and feel for how the universe and other planets hurting just like she feels the earths emotions. I have to say it Storm is the underdog most people brush her aside because all she can do is throw lightning and thunder and say she just a poor imitation OR a wanna be Thor. And I laugh at people when they say that because they have NO IDEA how her powers work and how much of powerful mutant she really is.

ANYWAY I agree with you THIS MAN HIT THE NAIL ON THE HEAD.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By RisingBean

What Storm needs is good characterization, to be a part of good plots and consistency in her powers and persona.

Getting powers, "just cause, derp" will do more harm then good in the long run.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

2. Well technically that's already happen I mean she beat Scott for the role to lead the X-men and she had no powers LOL

That is true, and happened more than once if I am not mistaken. That said, my idea of curbing her powers a bit is simply to counter just how powerful she is sometimes depicted, as seen in battle threads, where her level of power is simply rediculous. Like at times she controls the weather in the entire solar system, effectively smother an atomic bomb with wind, stuff like that. That stuff is great when it's consistent, but lets be honest; it's not often she fights Galactus or take on some space empire on her own.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#17 SC  Moderator

@stormphoenix: Thank you, you are very kind. Oh and yeah, well it means Storm may not always have a lot of feats, but there is something special about the idea that her powers are more complicated and nuance and that there is some struggle and burden with them, even sacrifice. So for myself I like that she has stoic attitude when she needs and compassion when she needs.

Let me compare her to another character I also like who other people are talking about, Iceman. In many ways Iceman… well originally Iceman's power increase even as "potential" was used to help make him stand out, distinguish him, but for many that become too big a defining factor (his struggle to live up to his potential) and being jokey and or his interpersonal connections, as opposed to his own personality and agency. So I like Iceman, be for many he came off as shallow/boring.

Storm never had that problem, for a long time she has had agency, inner conflict, depth and thats even before you start adding characters she interacts with. I mean you could put Storm in a small room by herself and have plenty of story potential, just re-exploring her claustrophobia and overcoming that. Now think of Iceman and how so much emphasis was put on his power? So much so a lot of writers in recent years have had to start developing his character, even making quite dramatic changes… its a bit backwards in a sense, almost like that decision so many years ago, to do with his powers backfired and hurt the character.

Yeah powers stuff is good/fun, but character stuff is what makes a character strong where it matters.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormphoenix said:

That is true, and happened more than once if I am not mistaken. That said, my idea of curbing her powers a bit is simply to counter just how powerful she is sometimes depicted, as seen in battle threads, where her level of power is simply rediculous. Like at times she controls the weather in the entire solar system, effectively smother an atomic bomb with wind, stuff like that. That stuff is great when it's consistent, but lets be honest; it's not often she fights Galactus or take on some space empire on her own.

Yea I know exactly what you mean my friend. Some people try there best to deny many of her powerful planetary feats and her other crazy feats, but your right they MUST be consistent and truth be told some of them are actually are. As for Battle Forums REALLY I don't care about battle threads I will ONLY go on there to try and help educate people on Storms powers. Other than that it's noting, but "your hero can't beat my hero". And your right it's not often she fights Galactus or A space Empice, but she has taken on 2 of His heralds and at least did some damage to them that's something LOL.

All in all yea her powers do need more consistency, and again most of her feats back in the day have came back, but Storm is NOW the leader of the Mutant race she WILL NEVER get a chance to shine because we have little miss Jean Grey back -_-. Anyway your not wrong sir.

@sc said:

@stormphoenix: Thank you, you are very kind. Oh and yeah, well it means Storm may not always have a lot of feats, but there is something special about the idea that her powers are more complicated and nuance and that there is some struggle and burden with them, even sacrifice. So for myself I like that she has stoic attitude when she needs and compassion when she needs.

Let me compare her to another character I also like who other people are talking about, Iceman. In many ways Iceman… well originally Iceman's power increase even as "potential" was used to help make him stand out, distinguish him, but for many that become too big a defining factor (his struggle to live up to his potential) and being jokey and or his interpersonal connections, as opposed to his own personality and agency. So I like Iceman, be for many he came off as shallow/boring.

Storm never had that problem, for a long time she has had agency, inner conflict, depth and thats even before you start adding characters she interacts with. I mean you could put Storm in a small room by herself and have plenty of story potential, just re-exploring her claustrophobia and overcoming that. Now think of Iceman and how so much emphasis was put on his power? So much so a lot of writers in recent years have had to start developing his character, even making quite dramatic changes… its a bit backwards in a sense, almost like that decision so many years ago, to do with his powers backfired and hurt the character.

Yeah powers stuff is good/fun, but character stuff is what makes a character strong where it matters.

Yes I understand what you mean, BUT that's because Iceman was BORING!!!!! and really I still liked him even when he was boring, but now they messed up because Iceman can do so many things writers don't know what to do with him and I feel it's the same with Storm. I just want Marvel to shoot Storm into space let her get more character growth so she can have a higher understanding of how her powers work better in space. Who knows she may become intune with the universe or ALL things that occur natural. And NOW that Galactus is a Life Bringer maybe they can find something in common LOL I DON"T KNOW.

But I agree haha

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

@nerevarine_11: Eh she doesn't need that "label" but she already proved herself to be one. Marvel may never acknowledge it, but it's cool she already powerful and she still growing

I thought marvel did acknowledged it already last year around the time of the Storm solo.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By cattlebattle

I think she was supposed to be revealed to be a member of the falteen at some point.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Storm fans NEED to make smarter threads.

Then don't post in a thread if you don't like....simple. :-)

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormphoenix said:

I thought marvel did acknowledged it already last year around the time of the Storm solo.

I heard about this, but not to Sure if it's actually legit you know what I mean. I mean Yes a writer did say she is Omega, but Marvel says she can become one. Black Panther and Tony says she is, but again Marvel says she's almost there to become one.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You need to make smarter posts and obtain maturity.

K_Brimstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sc said:

I don't think there's any way to improve on what this person said.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
    deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

No, she really doesn't.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jhazzroucher said:

@stahlflamme said:

You need to make smarter posts and obtain maturity.

So you're saying as a Storm fan who clearly thinks Storm is the best hero EVAAAAAAH! You think the idea how this character NEEDS to be massively changed to the part were she doesn't even have a physical body anymore, similiarly to a character like Iceman that is vaining in popularity since his first appeareance, is correct?

Lets be honest this so that a bunch of fanboys can scream how Storm is invincible now and can go on a battleforum craze how she now totally stomps EVERYONE. And how you should make the character more powerful instead of more engaging, deep or interesting.

So yes, Storm fans should make smarter thread than how you totally have to change a character that has been like this forever and was once so popular she won a fanvoted fight against Wonder Woman and how she should be more like Iceman an original X-men that people had all but forgotten about despite his presence in every x-men comic until someone decided none comic book readers knew just enough about him to believe Marvel did something brave or groundbreaking by retconning his sexuality.

1. First off don't say Storm Fanboys because your categorizing everyone storm fan as a crazy fan boy and that's NOT true. Secondly there is ONLY one person who goes into a battle forum saying storm wins no matter what. Thirdly IF you pay attention to the people who make the threads that place Storm against another character they are NOT storm fans. They are people who just simply trolls if you can't identify that then we have a huge problem.

2. This IS a "smarter" thread because we are talking about a character "WE" storm fans like. There are thousands of other threads EXACTLY the same as this. As for the Wonder Woman and Storm fight nobody cares about that....and NO I have never seen a "StormFan" bring that fight up. As for Iceman I LOVE Iceman, but at the moment he's boring he's an Omega because he's boring that's why ALL Omega lvl mutants are either boring OR Dead. As a Storm Fan myself I only wish to see Storm grow a bit more in her character and explore more in her power. As I said to another poster I DON'T GIVE A CRAP IN BATTLE THREADS. It's nothing, but "YOU CAN'T BEAT MY HERO". Now It has been said many times that she has not reached her full potential so "WE" as fans con only wonder and guess (Hence why this thread is up) and think what IS her full potential? Does it involve leaving her body or becoming more in tune with not just planets and stars, but the Universe. TO ME that's what makes her very interesting.

Hopefully this helped. :-)

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By jhazzroucher

@sc said:

I love the bolded part of your idea though. :)

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As for me, I don't really want her to be able to change into what she can control. I prefer Storm just to be able to transform into an intangible goddess, just like how she looked like in Rogue Storm.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.