Follow

Storm

Character » Storm appears in 10183 issues.

Born to an American photo journalist and Kenyan princess, Ororo Munroe is one of the most recognizabe superheroines in the Marvel Universe. Using her unique ability to see and manipulate natural energy patterns of the universe to summon any type of weather phenomenon she desires in the blink of an eye, she is called Storm.

Storm is being horribly underused in RessurXion

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By poisonfleur

So.. Storm is X-men: Gold, Black Panther, and Black Panther & the Crew....

And so far... Storm has given up leadership of the X-men to Kitty, done nothing memorable but kiss Gambit in a panel and be background lightning in X-men Gold. In Black Panther, all she mainly does is get kicked around and hash out her & Bp's failed relationship. Same with with Black Panther and the Crew...

And ever since this new "era" has began, she hasn't done anything note worthy. And yet EVERYONE ELSE HAS:

Kitty and Colossus got back together.
    Rachel and Nightcralwer are considering a relationship
    Iceman's Sexuality is making more sense.
    Jean is leader of the blue team and running from the Phoenix.
    Beast is embracing magic.
    Emma is a villian.
    Cyclops has a psychic connection with Jean.
    Rogue is back with the X-men while still fiddling around with Avengers.
    Wolverine lives on throught X-23, Old Man Logan, and his sons.
    Mystique is joining the X-men and maybe for real this time.
    Psylocke is establishing her own team.
    Heck-- even Lady Deathstrike has had more character development than Storm has lately...

Storm hasn't done much of anything...

I feel like Storm shouldn't be in a book where she plays second fiddle to Kitty. Most issues she doesn't get any lines. She should be in Astonishing X-men or establish her own team. Storm shines as a leader, ...not lightning wallpaper. ESPECIALLY since she has a lot of unfinished story to tap into with Forge, Yukio, Old Man Logan, and Psylocke.

Thoughts?

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By butterflykyss

I disagree with your assessment of storm in bp. she has been a pivotal supporting cast in both bp and bp&c. in bp&c her ties to Harlem outside the xmen was explored. and in bp, she was just announced to having divine power which was critical in saving wakandans plagued by unworldly weather and attacks from alien creatures. I would agree in the xworld she has been horribly under utilized but that isn't the case in the Bp mythos.

so I'm extremely thankful for Coates/Harvey and their characterization of her and the homework they have done in terms of her power. some fans don't even have this such as Rachel fans and Magik fans.

Avatar image for shepardoakenprime
    ShepardOakenPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Guggenheim said that he wanted to explore powerlevels going both up and down (Rachel & Colossus) so maybe in the future he will do a little something with Storm but it is disappointing that for 11 issues now she has only been a background character.

I get it not every writer is going to like her nor is she always going to have a spot in front but it is frustrating that she is the only one who hasn't gotten an "apology" after IvX other than from Coates.

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Malachi_Munroe

Dont know which black panther you've beed reading but the one i've been reading has Storm becoming the bright lady

Phagxeroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nobody gives ten shits

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By butterflykyss

@phagxeroth: why did you feel the need to post that? u care enough to post here

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nobody gives ten shits

And yet here you are... all up in raindrop's kool-aid.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By poisonfleur

@shepardoakenprime said:

Guggenheim said that he wanted to explore powerlevels going both up and down (Rachel & Colossus) so maybe in the future he will do a little something with Storm but it is disappointing that for 11 issues now she has only been a background character.

I get it not every writer is going to like her nor is she always going to have a spot in front but it is frustrating that she is the only one who hasn't gotten an "apology" after IvX other than from Coates.

What apology?

And I'm kinda annoyed he snatched her up right away just because she's popular. And having her in a book is good for boosting sales. I'm getting a bit board of Kitty constantly being shoved in our faces.

Avatar image for shepardoakenprime
    ShepardOakenPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@poisonfleur: I mean Marvel's message of "Sorry we tried to kill off the X-Men and replace them with the Inhumans, we'll fix it by brining them back into the center of the MU and will stop treating them like crap." Then like you showed many characters have had revelations or moments to shine but Storm was just pushed back and ignored. She got minor development on how she regrets leading them into war but it was never revisited and that's as close as she has gotten to the spotlight.

It would've been cool if she was guiding Kitty a little but otherwise she has no reason to even be on this series. Honestly I am enjoying the series and I'm fine with Kitty being the focus it's not like Storm wasn't all throughout Extraordinary but it could change I mean Colossus wasn't getting much to do but he had a decent role in the past two issues that pushed Kitty back a bit. It could just be a matter of time but if not then we'll just have to be patient and hope she shows up in another book.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Storm is written well in Black Panther and the Crew

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Storm also has a good role in America ongoing series as Miss America's adviser.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And looking forward to see both Storm and Bloodstorm in one panel in xmen blue ongoing

weatherwitch21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

They need to show her respect and her more of a storyline like with the whole she is a goddess thing with bp maybe thats her tapping into her mystical background they could try that and have magik maybe help with that. kitty really doesn't need to be leader or she could at least look to storm more. She definitely deserves better than she has gotten.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#15 god_spawn  Moderator

Oh, no. Storm isn't doing anything worthy of note in a rather bland relaunch after just maintaining leadership in an era of X-Men that was worse than Bendis' run for 2 years. How dare she play back burner for a bit while still retaining prominence in the X books.

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@god_spawn: she was leader yes and couldn't do anything about a cloud. and even if you forget that, it wasn't like EXM centered around her or that she was the perfect leader. the opposite is happening now with kitty in the lead. the current writers don't know how to manage a team without some being written as complete trash and that is the biggest issue.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#17 god_spawn  Moderator

@butterflykyss: That's been the main issue with the X-Men for the last few years. Aside from some things here and there, a lot of characters have been written by trash. I've said it before, Bendis' run has probably been the best in the last 5 years, and nothing really came of it, nor was it perfect. But at least he didn't have me gagging reading his books.

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@butterflykyss: That's been the main issue with the X-Men for the last few years. Aside from some things here and there, a lot of characters have been written by trash. I've said it before, Bendis' run has probably been the best in the last 5 years, and nothing really came of it, nor was it perfect. But at least he didn't have me gagging reading his books.

lol remember bendis last book "uncanny x-men 600"..........cyclops walked mutants to Washington and made a big speech but still nothing came from it........then there was the "trial of adult beast" and still nothing(heaven forbid they make beast look bad......doesnt hurt that hes an Avenger) "didnt emma want to get back with scott "a fresh start" and scott was like "i dont even know where to begin" ???

BotA(bendis)= nothing cause it kept the "O5" stuck in 616 present........but then they went to the ult x-men universe? why didnt they stay there?

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Prolly Storm is being underused but we're going to see Storm and Bloodstorm at the same time.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There really isn't an excuse for this. And Storm's in more Black Panther books than X-books... Not a good sign..

Avatar image for masterskywalker
    MasterSkywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By MasterSkywalker
    No Caption Provided

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If the op is only referring to xmen gold only then i would agree

Avatar image for life_without_progress
    life_without_progress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

Revan-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good. She's a horrible character.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

But i still dont consider Storm underused. It's more of Storm getting constant exposure before but less this time, especially that she's not the leader.

The underused for me are those who are not part of the main team like Magik, she rarely shows up and she's not part of any team roster on any xmen team book

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Storm is misused. I mean we have Super Kitty yet everyone else is always knocked unconscious. It's funny how the Xmen characters seem to be written so much better in other books besides the Xmen

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BloodStorm has more role in the this era than Storm does. DAMN

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i just don't understand how people go out of their way to troll storm fans. grow up.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Im glad she stays with xmen gold while having her second ongoing solo. :)

Avatar image for masterskywalker
    MasterSkywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh well.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Storm in more books means more Storm stuff to talk about. :)

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She needs to be pushed outside the X-books. Its clear doing the same thing over and over again has not worked nor made her progress. Maybe her solo will change things up. Maybe with Coates name on the book it will sell copies.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So aside from Storm in X-men Gold, Storm is also in Phoenix Resurrection ( we've just got the preview of Issue #1 and she's there)

Bloodstorm is still considered Storm since she's an alternate version of Storm and she's a regular in X-men Blue.

I'm not sure if Storm continues to show up in the Black Panther ongoing series.

weatherwitch21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

storm should stay in the x-men books but she needs someone to write her like the goddess that she is

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By jhazzroucher

Mr Guggenheim has recently made her a goddess that she is. :)

weatherwitch21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In previous issues yes but not on issue 18 which Guggenheim wrote Storm well.

Avatar image for the_living_tribunal_24
    The_living_tribunal_24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Storm is also in Rogue and Gambit mini series.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Storm in Rogue and Gambit #1

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Storm appears in rogue and gambit #2 preview. :)

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By jhazzroucher

Storm is in xmen red annual. :)

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Everything she's in (aside from blue) feels very limited..

PollysAmazon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Have y'all seen the solicit for the April issue of Black Panther? "Klaw and his allies have brought Wakanda to the brink of destruction. To seal the deal, Klaw has summoned a powerful Marvel foe not seen in years. But Black Panther isn’t done fighting yet. He still has a secret weapon: his ex-wife."

Storm saves the day! She said this to T'Challa regarding her time as a goddess: "What I remember of that time is that the more the people believed, the stronger I grew. If I was not divine, the strength I drew from their belief made me feel as though I was." If that is true, who knows what she could do if every Wakandan put their faith in her, even for a brief amount of time

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Have y'all seen the solicit for the April issue of Black Panther? "Klaw and his allies have brought Wakanda to the brink of destruction. To seal the deal, Klaw has summoned a powerful Marvel foe not seen in years. But Black Panther isn’t done fighting yet. He still has a secret weapon: his ex-wife."

Storm saves the day! She said this to T'Challa regarding her time as a goddess: "What I remember of that time is that the more the people believed, the stronger I grew. If I was not divine, the strength I drew from their belief made me feel as though I was." If that is true, who knows what she could do if every Wakandan put their faith in her, even for a brief amount of time

True. I am can foresee the writer continuing to build on the bold.

I am wondering who Klaw is bringing in....? Maybe Living Monolith...?!

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pollysamazon said:

True. I am can foresee the writer continuing to build on the bold.

I am wondering who Klaw is bringing in....? Maybe Living Monolith...?!

That is who I'm wondering about to. Issue 172 should be really good for Storm fans.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Somebody mentioned Storm was in Multiple Man's ongoing solo. Can somebody post the scan. Just wanted to see how she is drawn.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.