Follow

Storm

Character » Storm appears in 10173 issues.

Born to an American photo journalist and Kenyan princess, Ororo Munroe is one of the most recognizabe superheroines in the Marvel Universe. Using her unique ability to see and manipulate natural energy patterns of the universe to summon any type of weather phenomenon she desires in the blink of an eye, she is called Storm.

STORM IS AN OMEGA LEVEL MUTANT

• 190 results
    butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By butterflykyss

HI MY LITTLE RAINDROPS,

I DON'T POST HERE AS OFTEN AS I USED TO BUT WHEN GREAT NEWS IS MENTIONED ABOUT THE ALL-GODDESS I MUST SPREAD THE WORD.

IT IS OFFICIAL AND FROM THE MARVEL OFFICES THEMSELF. OUR GIRL IS OMEGA LEVEL. DON'T LET ANYONE TELL YOU OTHERWISE:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=57437

What do you find most interesting about this X-Team in particular?

It's an interesting mix of characters. There are a lot of telepaths, there's Storm -- what's interesting to me as a writer is that when you've got a team book with characters that have been around for so long, and some of whom, like Storm, are these Omega mutants that are super-overpowered, it's really tough to put them in situations that are going to challenge them.

Excuse me. Im doing this all from my cell so if anyone can change this to url link that would be great!

Discuss...

Edit to include unbroken link:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=57437

Avatar image for deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f
    deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

@butterflykyss: It is good for her but i always dislike the mutants tiers.

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By butterflykyss

@vitalius: yea a lot people dont particularly fancy them and honestly I dont think it means anything outside of fans wanting to use a measuring stick as to which character is stronger.

I think as long as the writers can make it to were these overpowered mutants are relatable them its fine. Why dont you like it?

Boynerdgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By Boynerdgeek

Only Wolverine and Magneto is popular among mainstream audience while other mutants like Cyclops, Storm etc not popular due to Fox policy to push Wolverine and Magneto in X-men movies franchise

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boynerdgeek: whether this is a true statement what does this have to do with storm being an omega?

Avatar image for deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f
    deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

@butterflykyss:

I amn´t big fan of characthers being from differents tiers or having tittle that means he is stronger than the others. Specially since most of time there isn´t good definition of what that term actually means aside power and of course the chilche of characthers hinting that the other is or has potencial of being that tier/tittle or main detail of that characther is the tier or tittle and nothing else. It is good thing that Storm is Omega Mutant because usually there is few omega mutants who werent telepaths or can use telekinesis like Elixir and probably means that she now could be getting more notice and maybe she could replace Wolverine instead Spider-Man.

Boynerdgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@butterflykyss: because...only Wolverine is "omega" in the eyes of everyone including Marvel Comics. Even when Wolverine die, we still have many related Wolverine book

Peerless1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@butterflykyss: The confirmation is nice to have since there is been so much debate and rigmorale about the topic. Also, it will be nice to see how this impacts her development.

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By butterflykyss

@boynerdgeek:

ok I get u. In the sense of importance to the company. That's true but im talking about the definition as it stands from 616 canon.

@peerless1:

its very nice. Many times I have visited this site and seen people go back and forth about her being one. Therefore, its beautiful to have this confirmation from the writer. There is no more grey area. As you mentioned I will be interested as well to see how she is affected by the confirmation.

@vitalius:

I understand your irritation with the tiers. But it should be noted she is first black omega mutant and no other mutants who has a similar power set.

Tonix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've always wondered why she never had that title before. As much as I like Iceman, I never truly understood why he was considered Omega before her.

I hope that with this new title she'll do more creative things with her powers and not always shoot down lightning and fly

Son Of Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By Son Of Storm

About. Damn. Time.

Though at this point a title is little validation to what we all knew. The only question now is how will she actually "fit" into the omega category... will she be able to loose her physical body? Or wield unlimited amounts of energy? Whichever way they choose to place her in the category it'll be a sight!

I'd also like to point out that since she now has this title I hope she wont wind up like some of the other omegas...dead, insane, or being written down to the point that you forget the character you're reading.

@butterflykyss

Your link is broke hun - http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=57437

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tonix: physical bodies. Powerful energy manipulators like Storm, Mags and Bobby are usually limited to their physical selves. Bobby lost that limitation. This is why storm and mags usually burn themselves out after performing high end feats. It's also why they've almost lost their bodies a few times.

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@son_of_storm: if she goes energy form and Claremont gets to write an x-book.... The slayage oh the slayage! But yeah.. I want her feats to make sense with her powerset. And while bigger might be more visually appealing, it may not always be better...... Give me some atomic elemental control!

Gizmorino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I wonder how powerful she would be now, and what crazy things she would be able to do.

I vote become the weather it self and have multi-presence like bobby... Then she is a real weather goddess.

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gizmorino: she'll turn into a being of multiple constantly changing energy patterns(hopefully) , which would be awesome to see imo.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I prefer it being declared in comics. But oh well, it's still great to know that a marvel writer sees Storm as an omega-level mutant. :)

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jhazzroucher: you believed storm could take TOAA, something which would never be stated, yet you say that?

Gizmorino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@malachi_munroe: well since she is a weather manipulator, and she is kinda mystica, that why i say it like that. She having multiple presence where weather is, the elements, water, air, storms and others, control weather on a planetary scale would go well with her name and former powers, having multiple energy patterns is also cool, it might negate t.p

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By butterflykyss

@jhazzroucher:

why do you prefer it via the comics? When you have a current writer of an xverse book declaring this they are representatives of the xoffices - it should end debate on the matter as it has been announced feom the xoffices. Having it shown on panel is great but this announcement is just aaas equivalent.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jhazzroucher: you believed storm could take TOAA, something which would never be stated, yet you say that?

Storm is beyond that. Even a reality warper is more powerful than n omega-level mutant. Hehehe. :)

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jhazzroucher:

why do you prefer it via the comics? When you have a current writer of an xverse book declaring this they are representatives of the xoffices - it should end debate on the matter as it has been announced feom the xoffices. Having it shown on panel is great but this announcement is just aaas equivalent.

Alright.

Avatar image for timelordscience
    TimeLordScience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pretty sure Wilson has no idea what she's talking about.

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Malachi_Munroe

@gizmorino: that's the thing. Her powerset is actually energy manipulation. She can see multiple forms of energy and manipulate them with her mind. When she does that, the effects are visible to others as weather phenomenon. And she actually does disrupt tp and tk already. But I'm iffy since she might not be able to change back into her human body.

Screw all that "there is no weather here" nonsense.

Gizmorino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Gizmorino

@malachi_munroe: never actually realised, then her form of energy manipulation is unique, and mostly affects the weather.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@butterflykyss: I'm curious to see if Wilson (or Pak) will address it on panel. And if she'll be like Sunfire in UA (he became a pure energy being).

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@malachi_munroe:

you betta preach. This no weather bullcrap is unacceptable.

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thunderbolt30:

It would be nice to have it addressed there as for some it want be true until it does. But for now having an xwriter acknowledge this is more than acceptable for me. Oh happy birthday too my dear friend!!!

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@butterflykyss: let me see that one more time and I will riot lol. Seriously, the woman bonds with her environment on a physical,mental and spiritual level, granting her access to a myriad of different energies and elemental forces to command... She doesn't see clouds and snow. She sees energy! If you're going to turn her into trollroro at least leave her powerset intact!.... Bring back her environmental empathy too or @whitemage will have to hurt people.

storm-is-life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By storm-is-life
    THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@butterflykyss: thanks Kyss love :-). Can't believe 2014 has gone by so fast. ehsy are your thoughts on her perception about Storm and the other X-ladies being "super overpowered"? I disagree with her on that part of her statement.

Son Of Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#32  Edited By Son Of Storm

really then they need to update her profile http://marvel.wikia.com/Ororo_Munroe_(Earth-616)

and if she were to loose her body I would think she would take this form

No Caption Provided

Uhh don't even get me started on the marvel wiki. Waste of internet space.

And I feel the "electricity form" has been done to death. I want Storm to stand out more. Why not an wind form? Or a aurora borealis type form to simulate the different types of energy. Hell they can even have it go based off emotion like Elixir. Rainbow/white when she in normal combat. Black and crackling with lightning when she's pissed.

Something similar to this.. but scaled down and that would take on her features

No Caption Provided

Tonix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know if I'll like her losing her body. It'll be cool if she can turn it off and on and also not just be lightning. Depending on the situation I'd like to see her turn into wind, water vapor, heat, cloud, lightning

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@son_of_storm: thank you! We don't need lighting lass after taking illegal substances! Something pretty, yet dangerous.

storm-is-life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@storm-is-life said:

really then they need to update her profile http://marvel.wikia.com/Ororo_Munroe_(Earth-616)

and if she were to loose her body I would think she would take this form

No Caption Provided

Uhh don't even get me started on the marvel wiki. Waste of internet space.

And I feel the "electricity form" has been done to death. I want Storm to stand out more. Why not an wind form? Or a aurora borealis type form to simulate the different types of energy. Hell they can even have it go based off emotion like Elixir. Rainbow/white when she in normal combat. Black and crackling with lightning when she's pissed.

Something similar to this.. but scaled down and that would take on her features

No Caption Provided

i'm liking the elemental form idea very powerful i really like it

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

@tonix: agreed. I prefer that it be a form she could shift into at will.

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thunderbolt30: 2014 has gone by incredibly fast I cant believe its almost Christmas. I hope you are having a spectacular bday. Now about what said about the ladies being overpowered I remember reading that and thinking that was an interesting choice of words to use to describe the women. Of course I disagree. When I think of overpowered heroes I think of superman hulk thor thanks wonder woman captain marvel. These are heroes that seem damn near indestructible. But in context of the power they possess these women are massively powerful. It just seems that we never get to see the women really display this power. Im hoping she will write the heroes in a position to show them as she describe them as.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@butterflykyss: my sentiments exactly. My concern is that instead of writing them as powerhouses taking on and dealing with threats that are equal to their level of power (be it raw power, refined control, or creativity) we will get the team book plot write down so their powers fit the story.

Hopefully she is noting this and is looking to write these ladies as the powerhouses that they are and creatively leverage the story so that limitations on their powers make sense for the story (I.e- The limited air volume in the tunnel limits Storm's air bases abilities).

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
    deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

The term Omega has kind of lost its bite so to speak in the mutant world for me. For what it's worth, I have always considered Storm to be "Omega" level in terms of power. How can someone who can manipulate the weather not be?

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By jhazzroucher

I don't want her to be in a permanent elemental form.

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Malachi_Munroe

@ms-lola:I think they've got different levels like telekinesis. Like, someone may be able to move a chair, but can't affect the chair's composition like molecules etc. Storm can toy with molecules, atoms and electrons. Top it off with the fact that her base power is energy manipulation and she can tap into energy wherever she is and BOOM!... The work of the almighty Claremont. Greg also went back to this in her book. Air molecules and solar winds.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f10a0c8ad118
    deactivated-5f10a0c8ad118

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

Is there seriously this much of a Storm following? Damn near cult like

Avatar image for mistresssobeautiful
    mistresssobeautiful

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedrifter: Yeah there is a lot of people here..But then again there is a lot of people that left. Storm deserves her fans.

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Malachi_Munroe

@mistresssobeautiful: no she doesn't. You know full well people are allowed to like /talk about other characters except Storm.

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Omega is he new Alpha. It means nothing anymore.

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By comicace3

Did...you just call us raindrops?

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@malachi_munroe:

my bad boo u right lol it was a genocide of epic proportions

@dernman:

how do you figure that? What is your definition of alpha and omega? Kitty is an alpha mutant and so is jubilee. They don't qualify as omega.

M@comicace3:

Yes is that problem? The storm fans around these parts voted a while ago to refer themselvesas such.

DaymarePrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By DaymarePrime

@thedrifter: No, just look at the sales of the solo. You will find the same names on every forum and social media site. It is small but dedicated (and obviously a lot of free time). Just don't mention them on CBR or you will get a warning and they will ban you when you request your account be deleted. Lol, and 100% serious.

I KNEW this would come up when the writer slipped and mistakenly stated she was an omega. It proves she had not done the right research or even bothered to read Marvel's own character page. She is on a 4 issue stint only, her opinion does not cannon or fact make.

I just asked her on a social media platform if she could reference where this statement came from as it had not a fact prior to her arc. Hopefully she can answer this and give a reference point. Otherwise we might as well make all baseline mutants omega as it really means nothing.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.