Follow

Storm

Character » Storm appears in 10181 issues.

Born to an American photo journalist and Kenyan princess, Ororo Munroe is one of the most recognizabe superheroines in the Marvel Universe. Using her unique ability to see and manipulate natural energy patterns of the universe to summon any type of weather phenomenon she desires in the blink of an eye, she is called Storm.

Storm is #13 is CBR's Top 50 Marvel Characters 2015

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

More than 1,200 participants submitted their Top 10 favorite Marvel characters of all time to comicbookresources.com, with corresponding points (1 = 10pts, 2 = 9pts, 3 = 8pts, 4 = 7pts, 5 = 6pts, 6 = 5pts, 7 = 4pts, 8 = 3 pts, 9 = 2pts, 10 = 1pt)

Ororo Munroe aka Storm takes the #13 spot with 1191 points (25 first place votes). While she may have not been able to secure a spot in the top 10, she is the higest ranking female on the list, strengthening the statement that "Storm is Marvel's #1 superheroine."

Storm is created by Dave Cockrum and Len Wein and first appeared in Giant-Size X-Men #1 in 1975.

Ororo Munroe aka Storm
    Ororo Munroe aka Storm

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

This is a pretty good result, though I would have liked to see her in the top. I think the top 10 will be all males and Avengers/Spider - verse heavy. I think that Storm has moved up some spots since the last large scale voting (2011 IIRC).

TheGoddess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's awesome

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is a pretty good result, though I would have liked to see her in the top. I think the top 10 will be all males and Avengers/Spider - verse heavy. I think that Storm has moved up some spots since the last large scale voting (2011 IIRC).

That is correct. :)

That's awesome

Indeed. :)

Noctum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, congratulation Storm, you ain't never going to be number 1.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I agree i'm shocked she's beaten some well known heroes. I thought she would be somewhere in the 20's, but Number #13!? WOW Very Well Done Storm.

Avatar image for life_without_progress
    life_without_progress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

... That's good for her then.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thunderbolt30 said:

I agree i'm shocked she's beaten some well known heroes. I thought she would be somewhere in the 20's, but Number #13!? WOW Very Well Done Storm.

Yes the results were very good :-)! This is her second year in a row as the #1 female Marvel super heroine. In 2011 when they did this poll Ororo was is the low twenties IIRC, so she's moved up at least 7 or 8 spots. If she continues to stay in a higher profile like she has in the past couple of years I see her breaking the top 10.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@noctum said:

Well, congratulation Storm, you ain't never going to be number 1.

She was number 1 in ComicVine before though. :)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.