Follow

Storm

Character » Storm appears in 10183 issues.

Born to an American photo journalist and Kenyan princess, Ororo Munroe is one of the most recognizabe superheroines in the Marvel Universe. Using her unique ability to see and manipulate natural energy patterns of the universe to summon any type of weather phenomenon she desires in the blink of an eye, she is called Storm.

Storm discussion

MalfunctionEnt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@The92Ghost: Just because she doesn't do it as a first strike doesn't mean it should be disregarded as a feat.

She just manipulated hundreds, maybe thousands of atmospheres in black panther#21.

Nah, what we will not do is disrespect her and her power.

Vusalaynor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Serve them ladies!

No Caption Provided

Dirtynun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Apparently now it's possible for storm to reach absolute zero.

MagneticStorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dirtynun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@magneticstorm: Duggan stated it on twitter that it's possible for her to do that but I do not believe he will follow through that's why I said apparently.

devilsgrin81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Serve them ladies!

No Caption Provided

I love this scene. I not sure about Storm's look tho... very Aunty Entity vibes. I can forgive. however. Who doesn't love a Tina Turner homage. And i do love the old Silver uniform.

Vusalaynor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vusalaynor said:

Serve them ladies!

No Caption Provided

I love this scene. I not sure about Storm's look tho... very Aunty Entity vibes. I can forgive. however. Who doesn't love a Tina Turner homage. And i do love the old Silver uniform.

i know right! but i love that they are having storm bring back her old looks even if her face is draw crazy! we need more of storm being a leader and a diplomat on krakoa and showing that she has what it takes to be a leader of the country on her own if it comes to it. i just love that she was at the embassy even if we don't know what she was doing there

devilsgrin81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vusalaynor: There are few X-Men who can pull off this kind of authority, this almost imperial arrogance (in a good way, of course). Storm has always been the very finest example of Regal Majesty amongst mutant kind (and indeed I suspect there are few others Marvelwide - Doom perhaps, Namor maybe). When she is in this mode... swoon... i love her so much. This is a woman who should not be challenged, but who should be respected, obeyed, and indeed feared.

TORNADO77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For those who haven’t read it yet pick up SWORD #8. Good read for Storm fans. Great developmeon where this role as Regent may take her, and one of her feats is updated to her feats thread.

MagneticStorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mage101: CBR is where the Storm fellowship is now.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Storm's second Fight with Vulcan is coming ya'll!!!

Get ya scans ready for WAR. Because people ain't going to like Storm beating Vulcan again. LOL

MalfunctionEnt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mooty_pass: damn, did everyone leave or go to CBR?

I look forward to this lil match, but I'm tempering my expectations.

Dirtynun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@malfunctionent: ehh do more than temper your expectations, do not expect much. Most likely she will talk with vulcan after she throws one lightning strike.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GOOD NEWS!!!

We are getting a Storm Mini Series!!! I'm EXCITED. Punk Rock Storm is my Fav Version of Storm.

No Caption Provided

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comics/storm-solo-series-ann-nocenti-sid-kotian-destructive-potential-omega-level-powers

STORM #1 (OF 5)

Written by ANN NOCENTI

Art by SID KOTIAN

Cover by ALAN DAVIS

On Sale 5/24

A thrilling five-issue limited series, STORM will be written by groundbreaking creator Ann Nocenti, known for her definitive run on DAREDEVIL and her storied career as a X-MEN editor. In the same spirit as titles such as SYMBIOTE SPIDER-MAN and VENOM: LETHAL PROTECTOR, where the industry’s greatest creators take a retro spin on Marvel heroes in key moments throughout Marvel Comics history, STORM will delve into Storm’s fan-favorite “punk” era! Joining Nocenti will be artist Sid Kotian, who just teamed up with Chris Claremont to revisit another classic period for Storm in the recently acclaimed GAMBIT limited series.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Agreed :-D! I saw this on twitter. Looking forward to getting more details about the mini especially a new elementally powered nemesis to test her abilities. Feels like Marvel is investing in building up more depth to Ororo.

Underfire47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damn didn't expect Storm to bully OF Thor like that... what was Ewing thinking...

kasya_carey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damn didn't expect Storm to bully OF Thor like that... what was Ewing thinking...

He was working with a bad bish and knew how to draw her

Underfire47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@underfire47 said:

He was working with a bad bish and knew how to draw her

No it's just that he jobs a lot and Storm is a Mary Sue in Ewings hands.

eva67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think you're misinterpreting Storm being a "Mary Sue" with her being a woman of confidence and vast experience in life, and not one who consistently keeps making the same mistakes over and over again or is easily fooled. This knowledge, experience, and all the skills Storm has is hard won; and I'm not interested in watching a character who doesn't learn from their mistakes or a bad experience they've had in the past. You may think she's a "Mary Sue".

Storm is not perfect. No one is. However, I like that she admits to her mistakes and listens to other opinions. I also like that Storm has actively taken steps to gain control over her life-time struggle with claustrophobia, so that if she has another claustrophobic attack, she's better able to cope with it.

Personally, I love how Ewing is writing Storm's character, and it's long overdue that Storm is in the forefront of a major X-Men story. I haven't seen such good writing for Storm since Chris Claremont. Ewing is a writer that both understands the character and likes the character. I'm glad Storm is written the way she is because her character is a great influence on young readers, especially young girls, who will be influenced to handle a problem in their lives like the character of Storm - with courage and strength.

Underfire47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12273  Edited By Underfire47

No it's not confidence and experience that i have a problem with its just her being a Mary Sue. You can throw a stick in Marvel and it will land on someone with confidence and experience, Marvel is filled with super heroes like that. Most of them aren't as big of a Mary Sue as Storm is, at least in Ewings hands.

I am not sure why anyone that really likes Storm would like the way Ewing writes her, he writes her as an arrogant asshole. Unless all you care about how powerful she is that's fine then i guess.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12274  Edited By Mooty_Pass
    @underfire47 said:

No it's not confidence and experience that i have a problem with its just her being a Mary Sue. You can throw a stick in Marvel and it will land on someone with confidence and experience, Marvel is filled with super heroes like that. Most of them aren't as big of a Mary Sue as Storm is, at least in Ewings hands.

I am not sure why anyone that really likes Storm would like the way Ewing writes her, he writes her as an arrogant asshole. Unless all you care about how powerful she is that's fine then i guess.

It really boils down to how WELL you know Storm. Calling her a Mary Sue is completely FAR from the Truth. Al Ewing has shown us how powerful Storm is, how capable Storm is, how much of strategist she is and how she impacts a lot of People around her.

Storm has taken a bunch of L's over the past few Years and for you to boil it down to calling her an "arrogant asshole" is a massive stretch on your part. Storm hasn't done anything arrogant. And calling her an Asshole sounds like a personal problem than what's really being shown in the comics. I can say the same when Al Ewing wrote Immortal Hulk. Hulk was(still is) a massive Mary Sue.

Mage101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12275 Mage101  Online

Why's everyone angry that storm hurt thor when he wasn't fighting back I mean I've seen lesser characters hurt Thor but when storm does it she's a Mary Sue, wow! It's good that storm is having impressive feats. Haters gonna hate.

nassergrant19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@mage101 said:

Why's everyone angry that storm hurt thor when he wasn't fighting back I mean I've seen lesser characters hurt Thor but when storm does it she's a Mary Sue, wow! It's good that storm is having impressive feats. Haters gonna hate.

Yeah mainly a small anti-feat for Thor

kasya_carey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mage101 said:

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As I debate for Storm in these Battle Forms, i'm noticing a common trend. People seem to have this crazy idea that Storm isn't consistent when it comes to Internal Attacks.

Well, allow me to give you a rundown on the people she's used it on in battle.

Storm has used Internal Attacks on:

• Magneto
    • Jean Grey
    • Hulk 2x
    • Wakandan Soldiers
    • Black Panther
    • Machines
    • Robots
    • Mr. Sinister
    • The Scarlet Spider
    • Wakandan Warships
    • Nameless(The Omega lvl Shapeshifter)
    • Vulcan
    • Told Sobunar she will turn his blood into a Tempest
    • Child of Apocalypse: War
    • Lethal Legion
    • Frenzy
    • Thor 2x
    • Americops
    • Callisto
    • Skrull Warship
    • Weapons
    • Human Soldiers

This ^^ is proof enough that Storm is more willing to attack others Internally than what people may think. And most of these is Storm with morals Holding back.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.