Follow

Storm

Character » Storm appears in 10183 issues.

Born to an American photo journalist and Kenyan princess, Ororo Munroe is one of the most recognizabe superheroines in the Marvel Universe. Using her unique ability to see and manipulate natural energy patterns of the universe to summon any type of weather phenomenon she desires in the blink of an eye, she is called Storm.

Storm discussion

Stormcell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So the last time Storm had a malevolent force inside her body that was killing her we got the Galactic core feat. If they don't use this virus to finally allow Storm to transcend her human form then it is a colossally wasted opportunity. It's time the X-Office puts a horse in the race when it comes to Storm's divinity. If Jeen/Jean Grey can become the Pink Ranger and go toe-to-toe with a hungry Galactus then I don't think giving Storm an elemental or divine form is asking too much.

It's time for the Goddess to not have to worry about being "killed"/KOed by a well thrown brick to the head.

Yeah, and Storm can do all of this without any PIS involved to weaken other characters to make her look good. She's powerful enough without having to resort to those kinds of tricks.

Avatar image for shepardoakenprime
    ShepardOakenPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm kinda worried Hickman has been setting up her sitting back and becoming more of a teacher with her "I'm tired of fighting" line and the possibility she's mentoring the kids in the Children of the Atom book. That at the end of her giant size issue she's like "k im done". Sure if this happens it doesn't look like she's going to be completely done fighting especially considering Hickman described her as one of Krakoa's greatest protectors, and she's obviously still in Marauders and hinted to show up in multiple upcoming stories. But the idea of a Goddess who protects everyone, the balance of all natural things and who doesn't hesitate to get her hands dirty (damn near has a hard time stopping herself from doing so) if she needs to deciding she's done fighting doesn't sit right.

If the Goddess ascension didn't happen though I definitely wouldn't mind as much the idea of Storm going "hey I've fought with and without my powers, sacrificied everything for mutants and the X-Men for years non stop and literally leading us through hell. Now that we're in a great place with a bright future I'm putting down my weapons, if you need me I'll always be there but we have plenty of mutants who want to and should fight for our future in my place" then she goes and has kids with T'Challa or something.

I'm probabaly reading too much into that one line though lol.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@son_of_storm:

Yes, I’m with you on that. I think it’s about High Time we get something about her God Powers. I REALLY want a distinction between her powers I’m tired of guessing about it. And yes, I would like a God form for Storm or some form to know who and what we are dealing with. I’m not sure if Hickman will give us that. I really don’t know.

Stormcell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So, Storm did nothing this week?

WaitOmegaStorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormcell: she had a little cameo(not relevant) in BP # 22and GS Nightcrawler, was mind controlled in Wolverine # 2, was in the quiet council in Hellions # 1, and in XvsF4 # 3 too.

Stormcell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stormcell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So, today was another dud for Storm, huh?

WaitOmegaStorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stormcell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anything else ya'll wanna talk about with Storm???

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12111  Edited By Roddy010

Can we discuss how Storm got the most play than any other X-women. Especially Kings and high level figures:

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Stormcell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12112  Edited By Stormcell

Okay, guys, from here on out, whenever Storm is pitted against the likes of Wonder Woman, Superman, Heralds, Photon, etc., the speed blitzing argument no longer applies to their advantage over her. In comicbook physics, speed of thought>speed of light.

https://comicvine1.cbsistatic.com/uploads/original/11130/111307596/7410719-0319573929-68309.jpg

Got it everyone? Good. ;) We are now armed and dangerous! :D

Just think, Storm can attack with less than a conscious thought. All those times I argued that Storm could tag speedsters like Silver Surver, Photon, Wonder Woman, etc before they could speed blitz her, I knew I was right.

Olorun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12113  Edited By Olorun

@stormcell: you'd have to proof storm is as fast as these characters in the first place. Just because speed of thought>speed of light it doesn't mean speed of thought >= mftl.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@olorun: Technically, Storm already is. With her ability to change the perception of how she sees the world as Energy. She is also actively viewing people’s Nervous system. To which allows her to react fast enough to whatever is coming at her. And if you add on her powers operating Psionically allowing her to attack just as fast as a Telepath could.

I can see this happening.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormcell: I created a Thread about that LONG time ago. And I posted that very scan you used.

My thread became the counter arguments for Speed of Light Vs Speed of Thought. Your Welcome. :-)

Stormcell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@olorun: Technically, Storm already is. With her ability to change the perception of how she sees the world as Energy. She is also actively viewing people’s Nervous system. To which allows her to react fast enough to whatever is coming at her. And if you add on her powers operating Psionically allowing her to attack just as fast as a Telepath could.

I can see this happening.

Not to mention how Storm's consciousness and spirit was able to instantly spread throughout the entire galactic core to summon all of the power within. Galactic cores are many lightyears in width.

Olorun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mooty_pass: not what I meant, I'm saying you have to proof storm is as fast as characters like the silver surfer, not telepaths. Telepaths need feats to put them on these people's level. Just because you're slightly faster than light doesn't mean you're as fast as these characters.

Stormcell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@olorun said:

@mooty_pass: not what I meant, I'm saying you have to proof storm is as fast as characters like the silver surfer, not telepaths. Telepaths need feats to put them on these people's level. Just because you're slightly faster than light doesn't mean you're as fast as these characters.

I brought up the galactic core Storm feat to show just how fast her consciousness operates.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12120  Edited By Mooty_Pass

@olorun: OH! your talking about Physicals like Reaction and Movement. In that regard then yes we would need to prove that. But we are talking about Storm is fast enough to activate her powers before Silver Surfer tries anything. Just like how a Telepath uses Psionic Energy to attack and invade the mind of the Silver Surfer before he attacks. The same goes for Storm. Storm is Psionically manipulating the Weather to her advantage.

Olorun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mooty_pass: if someone acts faster than you think then you don't have the drop on them.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12122  Edited By Mooty_Pass

@olorun: Normally that would be true. However, that has been prove to be false. Hence why the User: Stormcell posted a scan of Thought being faster than Light. Spectrum one of the Fastest Characters in Marvel was stopped by the speed of thought.

Olorun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mooty_pass: OK, spectrum acts at the speed of light, these people act thousands of times beyond that speed, just because you're faster than light doesn't mean you're 1000 times the speed of light, you need evidence of such.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@olorun: Yet, those same characters are tagged by Telepaths. So that argument doesn’t work.

Olorun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mooty_pass: ?? Tagged? What do you mean? As when they're flying at max speed?

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@olorun: By “tagging” I’m talking about Psionically affecting their minds.

Olorun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mooty_pass: sure, how does that make psionics faster than people like the flash or silver surfer?

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12128  Edited By Mooty_Pass

@stormcell: @olorun:

That’s the whole thing Stormcell is telling you. Telepaths who’s powers operate at the Speed of Thought can activate their powers faster than people who can move at the speed of light.

That’s Stormcells whole reason of posting that scan. In Marvel Comics the Speed of Thought seems to be faster than the Speed of Light.

Olorun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mooty_pass: that's not what we're discussing we're discussing about characters thousands of times ftl.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@olorun: Then you missed what that User: Stormcell was saying. Because like I explained to you above. Marvel thinks Speed of Thought is Faster than Speed of Light.

The92Ghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought that she has the speed but when I made simple research found out that Lightning speed against Light speed is a lot faster than Lightning.

But hey, look at the bright side she is an Omega now, and no one can argue that out. However, as happy as I am about that, after so many years of arguments with Jean's fans and other fans of other Omega heroes, I am not sure that this is a good thing.

Almost every time, when a Hero is raised to Omega rank, they cease to use them that often, because they become too powerful. Maybe that why @shepardoakenprime is worried. They moved her behind the desk.

But I do hope we will get a Goddess form for her, finally! After so long time, now, when she is also confirmed as a Goddess.

Stormcell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Has Storm been doing at all recently?

WaitOmegaStorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Has Storm been doing at all recently?

she had a lighting lass moment with Pyro in Wolverine # 3

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormcell: @waitomegastorm:

Her appearance in Wolverine #3 was nice.

But waitomegastorm is correct not much.

But Jordan White Said that they have something Big Planned for Storm. So, we shall see.

WaitOmegaStorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mooty_pass: I had forgotten about it, but we will probably find out what was planned for Storm in her GS or X of Swords, we will have to wait a long time.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@waitomegastorm:

If anything we are VERY patient. I’m happy Storm is said to do something BIG in this event and moving forward. But your right we must wait and see.

But I am still enjoying her little Cameos in other books. My only hope is that she doesn’t get a Lightning Sword. That is VERY and EXTREMELY lame.

Stormcell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks, everyone!

MalfunctionEnt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mooty_pass: lol storm with a lightning sword screams lightning lass lmao. All involved with that decision would have probably, collectively, proudly nodded saying, yeah, the fans will love this.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@malfunctionent: I mean it doesn’t make sense.

That’s like giving The Human Torch a Fire Sword. What the Hell is he going to do with a Fire Sword when he is all covered in fire and can make it.

The same with Storm. Whatever another Lightning Lass moment. Lol

The92Ghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@waitomegastorm:

If anything we are VERY patient. I’m happy Storm is said to do something BIG in this event and moving forward. But your right we must wait and see.

But I am still enjoying her little Cameos in other books. My only hope is that she doesn’t get a Lightning Sword. That is VERY and EXTREMELY lame.

She has something even better, she has Sword of Bone, one of the four items of creations, aka one of the four corners of the Universe, this is immensely cooler than a lightning sword.

And moving forward, there is this cool article posted right here: here. I definitely recommend you all reading the article and then continue with the article here and you will find a lot more info about X of Swords: click.

Yeah, I know, it is just a Theory but still quite close and tied up with the first article.

Stormcell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12141  Edited By Stormcell

@The92Ghost said:
    @mooty_pass said:

@waitomegastorm:

She has something even better, she has Sword of Bone, one of the four items of creations, aka one of the four corners of the Universe, this is immensely cooler than a lightning sword.

And moving forward, there is this cool article posted right here: here. I definitely recommend you all reading the article and then continue with the article here and you will find a lot more info about X of Swords: click.

Yeah, I know, it is just a Theory but still quite close and tied up with the first article.

I was reading the links you provided for "X of Swords" and the links contained in those articles. It sounds VERY promising, but I've been disappointed by Marvel too many times. Hopefully, we Storm fans get the kind of Storm focus we deserve. If this thing delivers, that's the sort of scenario that could get me to start buying comics again.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@The92Ghost: @stormcell:

All I will say is I’m happy Marvel isn’t completely sleeping on Storm. All this information about Storm and her future endeavors are great. This is a good Start.

In terms of the article. They are interesting. Although, I don’t buy that Storm is the Bad Guy or the betrayer.

The92Ghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All I will say is I’m happy Marvel isn’t completely sleeping on Storm. All this information about Storm and her future endeavors are great. This is a good Start.

In terms of the article. They are interesting. Although, I don’t buy that Storm is the Bad Guy or the betrayer.

I am quite darn sure, that there is more to it. I can't stop thinking that there must be balance between everything and I can only imagine that being the reason.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@The92Ghost: It’s possible.

I mean we still have not gotten our explanations about Goddess Storm.

Stormcell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't believe Storm will be the betrayer either.

The92Ghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12146  Edited By The92Ghost

@mooty_pass

Didn't they mention that it is because she has Elder Blood in her veins? She had special bond with the Sword of Bone and it is known that the Sword of Bone is connected with the four universal corners of creation... only someone with Elder Blood could receive a special reaction from that sword and Storm activated the sword only by touching. That explains to me why she is a Goddess.

@stormcell

I don't think she will be a betrayer, not exactly at least. She will most likely play both sides and see the reason since she is quite the balanced person. She does have her evil side, she did say so, herself on multiple occasions, all of them confirmed that have a dark side. I won't be surprised if Hickman plays with that, a bit. Plus, we don't know yet if the Horseman of Death is completely a bad guy, yet.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@The92Ghost:

Ashake the Ancestor to Storm has history with the Sword of Bone. This sword has a Big Connection to Oshtur. Storm has never touched the Sword. Storms bloodline has connection to the sword.

The92Ghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mooty_pass

I am pretty sure there was this snippet of her holding the sword in one of the underground layers, let me check...

Oh right! You are absolutely right, it seems I missaw who held the sword it was Storm's ancestor. Still, her blood ties have a connection to it.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@The92Ghost:

Right.

So that’s why I’m saying I HOPE Storm gets the Sword of Bone. If they give her a Lightning Sword then they have no imagination and a missed opportunity. -_-

The92Ghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mooty_pass

Indeed, let's hope she gets the Sword of Bone and use it.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.