Follow

Storm

Character » Storm appears in 10183 issues.

Born to an American photo journalist and Kenyan princess, Ororo Munroe is one of the most recognizabe superheroines in the Marvel Universe. Using her unique ability to see and manipulate natural energy patterns of the universe to summon any type of weather phenomenon she desires in the blink of an eye, she is called Storm.

Sometimes I wished Marvel chose Storm to represent the lgbt community

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

But that wish might just be temporary because I really see Storm as a straight woman and I don't think Marvel would make her an lgbt person because well, she's the most popular black character (i know it's arguable between her and BP but Storm took the title longer than BP and now that Disney owns Fox, Storm will be given priority again) in comics.

I only wished Storm was chosen by Marvel to be the lgbt rep and not Iceman because when Iceman got that part, he got an ongoing solo and then a second ongoing solo. But I know Marvel has plans for Storm in the future as a straight woman. I just have to wait longer.

Avatar image for themusicmeister
    TheMusicMeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Disney doesn't own Fox, the Fox shareholders are going to vote next month on what they are going to do and Comcast will probably put a bigger offer on the table by then.

Avatar image for the_living_tribunal_24
    The_living_tribunal_24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@themusicmeister: when did she ever mention the live-action verse my dude?? she is obviously talking about the comics.

edit: i just read her post carefully you're right.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

In Marvel in terms of representation from the female side... I do agree that Storm looks like the best face to put forwards from the X-Men. Since Jean is on lockdown among the X-Men with the ball and chain called Scott, if not Logan and Kitty is all over the place. The only alternative I can really think of is Rogue, but unless she starts to kiss other women to get their powers, I am not sure how much is needed to change the image. Storm on the other hand is a notorious free spirit and more than a few encounters thats made you wonder if she likes other women too.

In the bigger Marvel universe however, right now I think the prime candidate to come out of the closet would actually be Carol Danvers due to her high standing right now, that said it would likely not be very well received because it would be very 'out of the blue' if she strode into the Avengers meeting room and shouted 'IM GAY!' at the assembly.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In Marvel in terms of representation from the female side... I do agree that Storm looks like the best face to put forwards from the X-Men. Since Jean is on lockdown among the X-Men with the ball and chain called Scott, if not Logan and Kitty is all over the place. The only alternative I can really think of is Rogue, but unless she starts to kiss other women to get their powers, I am not sure how much is needed to change the image. Storm on the other hand is a notorious free spirit and more than a few encounters thats made you wonder if she likes other women too.

In the bigger Marvel universe however, right now I think the prime candidate to come out of the closet would actually be Carol Danvers due to her high standing right now, that said it would likely not be very well received because it would be very 'out of the blue' if she strode into the Avengers meeting room and shouted 'IM GAY!' at the assembly.

Marvel made an original xmen member to be gay so i expect they also make an original avenger member to be gay. I dont think theyd choose Cap nor Iron Man. The best csndidate would be Hulk.

The_living_tribunal_24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85 said:

Marvel made an original xmen member to be gay so i expect they also make an original avenger member to be gay. I dont think theyd choose Cap nor Iron Man. The best csndidate would be Hulk.

Hell to the no no, imagine the outrage.

OT: they should bring avril back and make her the face of the new marvel generation but they have to distance her from carol and her influence

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85 said:

Na, Hulk is pretty uninterested in women unless they've shown interest in him first... unless we count Spider-Woman's pheromones effect on him, I am guessing a man showing interest in him like that would only confuse him.

As for original Avengers... well there is the Wasp :)

The_living_tribunal_24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85: woow, its quite obvious hank pym is in a relationship with ultron, pym ultron is the ultimate lgbt couple

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jhazzroucher said:
    @outside_85 said:

Hell to the no no, imagine the outrage.

OT: they should bring avril back and make her the face of the new marvel generation but they have to distance her from carol and her influence

It's possible to happen though.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85: woow, its quite obvious hank pym is in a relationship with ultron, pym ultron is the ultimate lgbt couple

I don't think they'd choose Hank Pym. He has Wasp.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_living_tribunal_24 said:

He hasn't really, for quite a while now, and Janet appears to be leaning towards Tony these days.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jhazzroucher said:
    @the_living_tribunal_24 said:

He hasn't really, for quite a while now, and Janet appears to be leaning towards Tony these days.

I see. I didnt know that. But since theyre still being paired in the movies, it's still less likely to happen

Avatar image for shepardoakenprime
    ShepardOakenPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I mean I'd want her to be the face of the LGBTQ community for better representation, not to give her another chance at a solo...

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ororo Munroe is like Celine Dion, they're straight women but they have a huge gay fanbase.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b3ee3ec20377
    deactivated-5b3ee3ec20377

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sometimes I wish people kept their asinine thoughts off ComicVine.

Then, I'm reminded of this thread and others.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

ad-arts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They should have just created new character not convert current characters to make 5% of the population happy...

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.