Proof that Storm is more powerful than Crystal

#1 Posted by jhazzroucher (21259 posts) - - Show Bio

From Death of X #2.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Avatar image for jloneblackheart
#2 Posted by jloneblackheart (7501 posts) - - Show Bio

She helped her, not did something she couldn't.

And if this did prove something, should we be surprised that someone whose main power is weather manipulation is more powerful than someone who has multiple element manipulation?

#3 Edited by Dernman (22723 posts) - - Show Bio

Um no. Storm probably is the stronger of the two but logically this is not proof at all.

#4 Posted by jhazzroucher (21259 posts) - - Show Bio

BUt it is a proof. Crystal and Iso could not move the mists but when Storm came in, the mist was moved easily.

Avatar image for jloneblackheart
#5 Posted by jloneblackheart (7501 posts) - - Show Bio

Because all three of them moved it together. Is like saying I'm stronger than Brock Lesnar because I helped him carry something he couldn't do alone.

#6 Posted by Rubear (4042 posts) - - Show Bio
#7 Posted by jhazzroucher (21259 posts) - - Show Bio
#8 Posted by Elpizo (145 posts) - - Show Bio

Just because she did it in CW doesn't mean she can do it now because if that was the case, the mist wouldn't be a major threat

#9 Posted by kidchipotle (15719 posts) - - Show Bio

You make people hate Storm.

#10 Posted by kasya_carey (1849 posts) - - Show Bio

@kidchipotle: not his fault you let other ppl decide your judgement on storm.

#11 Edited by Sprior93 (12214 posts) - - Show Bio

"It's moving! WE'RE doing it!" - Crystal

No, you basic bitch, Storm is doing it.

#12 Posted by RisingBean (9314 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh joy, another Storm is best thread from her insecure fanbase.

#13 Posted by kidchipotle (15719 posts) - - Show Bio

Did I say he makes ME hate storm? Mmmmmm no I don't think so.

#14 Edited by Dernman (22723 posts) - - Show Bio

@rubear said:

@jhazzroucher: @dernman: @jloneblackheart: Oh, but it is. Because in Civil War X-Men 1 Storm was able to hold cloud without help.

Not really. It's only proof with the knowledge of CW-XM. For that pic to be proof like the OP presented it to be it would need to stand on it's own. On it's own it's not, it's just part of multiple things that only together make proof. So when you give them only that pic in the OP and say it's proof then you'd be wrong and those saying so would be right.

If the OP had included everything then you could have claimed it.

#15 Posted by kasya_carey (1849 posts) - - Show Bio
#16 Posted by jhazzroucher (21259 posts) - - Show Bio

@sprior93 said:

"It's moving! WE'RE doing it!" - Crystal

No, you basic bitch, Storm is doing it.

Ahahaha. Nice one! :)

#17 Posted by jhazzroucher (21259 posts) - - Show Bio

@kasya_carey said:

Did I say he makes ME hate storm? Mmmmmm no I don't think so.

You're in denial.

#18 Posted by kasya_carey (1849 posts) - - Show Bio
#19 Posted by jhazzroucher (21259 posts) - - Show Bio
#20 Posted by BruceRogers (6064 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh joy, another Storm is best thread from her insecure fanbase.

#21 Posted by Outside_85 (17097 posts) - - Show Bio

You... actually needed proof to know this?

Besides, Crystal is not a 'weather bender' like Storm. Crystal can perhaps control the air, but Storm's better at it... but can't do anything to move a rock while Crystal can.

#22 Posted by somayareece (5398 posts) - - Show Bio

Storm's mohawk keeps getting longer and longer. I love it.

#23 Posted by destinyman75 (5572 posts) - - Show Bio

This proves nothing to me

#24 Posted by jhazzroucher (21259 posts) - - Show Bio

Storm's mohawk keeps getting longer and longer. I love it.

Me too. :)

#25 Posted by stormphoenix (6050 posts) - - Show Bio

Technically yes Storm is more powerful than Crystal. But in this scan they moved it together however Crystal and Iso admitted that their powers aren't strong enough to move huge air volumes. Hence them struggling, but this isn't proof to what we already know.

LOL This is nothing new. Let them have their moment to shine for working together.

#26 Posted by butterflykyss (4968 posts) - - Show Bio

@elpizo: cw happened after the pgs wher storm, iso and crystal worked together

Avatar image for shepardoakenprime
#27 Posted by ShepardOakenPrime (456 posts) - - Show Bio

The only thing this thread is going to accomplish is making people who don't like Storm or her fan base hate her more as shown, and I don't blame them.

#28 Posted by butterflykyss (4968 posts) - - Show Bio

why would a thread like this do that? i never understood how a persons love for a character could make u hate a fictional character. regardless of how irrational the fan may be perceived as. it really baffles me

#29 Posted by stormphoenix (6050 posts) - - Show Bio

@shepardoakenprime: That's not a good enough excuse to hate a fictional character based of its fanbase. IF it is? Then those people are petty and they don't make up the majority of comic book community. It sounds like a personal issue really.

I mean I could say "I hate Flash fans because they think he can beat the whole DC universe with IMP" Is that fair for me to hate Flash for that??.......No.

#30 Posted by ShepardOakenPrime (456 posts) - - Show Bio

@stormphoenix: I agree it's not an excuse, but it's not okay for fans to just rub things in everyones faces either. I'm just as frustrated with those comic fans as I am with fanboys, don't worry I'm not siding with those people. But in the end both sides have to contribute change, we shouldn't be making pointless bait threads, and people shouldn't hate on a character for their fanboys. Fact is though we need to be the ones to make most of the contributions because we are in the worse spot. If people were posting what has been posted on just a regular thread, I'd be picking a bone with them, but seeing this backlash on an unnecessary baiting thread isn't suprising. I'm not really saying this for people who hate the character because of trolls, those people are a lost cause, but more for those who don't respect her fanbase. We have to pick up the pieces the trolls left behind, and doing things like making this thread is not helping, that's all I'm saying.

#31 Posted by jhazzroucher (21259 posts) - - Show Bio

Technically yes Storm is more powerful than Crystal. But in this scan they moved it together however Crystal and Iso admitted that their powers aren't strong enough to move huge air volumes. Hence them struggling, but this isn't proof to what we already know.

LOL This is nothing new. Let them have their moment to shine for working together.

I don't agree. Crystal and Iso were working together but could not move it so if Storm was only as powerful as each of them. It would have taken minutes or even hours for them to remove it. But when Storm jumps in, the mists were removed easily.

#32 Posted by stormphoenix (6050 posts) - - Show Bio

@stormphoenix: I agree it's not an excuse, but it's not okay for fans to just rub things in everyones faces either. I'm just as frustrated with those comic fans as I am with fanboys, don't worry I'm not siding with those people. But in the end both sides have to contribute change, we shouldn't be making pointless bait threads, and people shouldn't hate on a character for their fanboys. Fact is though we need to be the ones to make most of the contributions because we are in the worse spot. If people were posting what has been posted on just a regular thread, I'd be picking a bone with them, but seeing this backlash on an unnecessary baiting thread isn't suprising. I'm not really saying this for people who hate the character because of trolls, those people are a lost cause, but more for those who don't respect her fanbase. We have to pick up the pieces the trolls left behind, and doing things like making this thread is not helping, that's all I'm saying.

I know what you mean, but in the end it's up to US adults( IF some of us are at any case) to just ignore it. I mean c'mon does it REALLY bother you(NOT YOU, but people in general) someone created a Thread saying "Superman is the stronger than Galactus".....you as well as many others know it's a bait thread. So you have two choices: 1. You can either fall for the obvious bait thread and debate against a fanboy or troll till BOTH of your hearts give out OR 2. Ignore that thread and go on about your business and enjoy the rest of the site. Although, Yes you are right there are pointless threads made by HUGE fanboys and fangirls, but it's up to the USERS if we want to fuel this fire. No it's not about siding with them or not lol. I find It's funny when people complain in a thread about a specific characters fans when they did the same thing in another thread LOL. Those people who always have something negative to say about a character ARE apart of the problem as you said. I'm a huge Storm fan, but I don't go around making bogus claims about Storm. I just want to make sure people are educated on Storm. I don't care if people hate her or love her. I'm going to guess and say at least 75% of the people on here don't know here feats. They sad part is that they spend to much time hovering over he low end feats.

So as I say those people hating Storm becasue of her fansbase is just petty on their part. And if you really sit back and look at it they actually don't even have a reason to hater her....so they blame her fanbase.

#33 Posted by stormphoenix (6050 posts) - - Show Bio

@jhazzroucher: I'm going to be honest with you jhazz Storm fan to Storm fan. This thread did not need to be created. Why? Because Storm can create Planetary Weather Phenomenon. Has Crystal or Iso ever done that?.....No? So why the need to point out that Storm is more powerful than Crystal and Iso put together. WE ALL KNOW she is.....we have feats to prove it.

C'mon Jhazz you know better ;-( It's fine they moved it together...we have proof already Storm redirected a huge volume of T-Mist by herself in X-Men Civil War 2 issue Number 2.

#34 Posted by kasya_carey (1849 posts) - - Show Bio

I miss crystal hair tbh but she looks nice now. I think this was made to finally answer the storm vs crystal thread.

#35 Posted by butterflykyss (4968 posts) - - Show Bio

@sprior93: your quote was spectacular lmfao basic bitch lol

#36 Posted by DoctorDaMn (289 posts) - - Show Bio

@sprior93: oh no... oh nooooo that was savage bra braπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

#37 Posted by jhazzroucher (21259 posts) - - Show Bio

I miss crystal hair tbh but she looks nice now. I think this was made to finally answer the storm vs crystal thread.

I think the short hair looks good on her.

Avatar image for handofprometheus
#38 Posted by HandOfPrometheus (581 posts) - - Show Bio

I guess because Storm has more raw control over the winds than both, isn't she an omega level mutant or something? I'm not too keen on Storms power level so I'm just guessing. Plus Crystal was probably pulling most of the weight since that girl is a new inhuman no?

#39 Posted by butterflykyss (4968 posts) - - Show Bio

@handofprometheus: no she isn't omega level but she is potential omega level. im not sure the degree of crystal control over air, but the amount of air per the scan was too large for Crystal to move even with iso help. storm has many showings where she has manipulate large volumes of ai and without strain.

#40 Posted by jhazzroucher (21259 posts) - - Show Bio

@handofprometheus: no she isn't omega level but she is potential omega level. im not sure the degree of crystal control over air, but the amount of air per the scan was too large for Crystal to move even with iso help. storm has many showings where she has manipulate large volumes of ai and without strain.

I agree.

Avatar image for avatar_of_green
#41 Edited by Avatar_of_Green (3211 posts) - - Show Bio

@butterflykyss: The reason this upsets people is that Storm fans, like fans of a certain manga I know that shall not be named here, seem to actively search for feats to prove how strong Storm is in every new book. The insecurity is annoying and embarassing.

Do you see a new thread nitpicking and trying to prove how awesome Wonder Woman is every time she gets a new feat or defeats a new villain? Not really... only very rarely after insane feats. Maybe I am off base, but to me the reason for the hostility is simply that it seems like Storm fans actively search for feats to try to prove how awesome Storm is and they sometimes infer a little too much and stretch the context a little too far.

#42 Edited by ShepardOakenPrime (456 posts) - - Show Bio

@avatar_of_green: Now this is what I've been trying say, especially about how embarrassing this is. Though I would like to point out that usually only her fanboys take it to this level, and honestly this is has been the first time in a long while. Which is frustrating because most people don't know who the fanboys are most of the time, and say her whole fanbase is insecure like some have done.

#43 Posted by kasya_carey (1849 posts) - - Show Bio
#44 Posted by Nerevarine_11 (9700 posts) - - Show Bio

What's Crystal even up to Nowdays?

#45 Posted by jhazzroucher (21259 posts) - - Show Bio

What's Crystal even up to Nowdays?

Hanging out with the Inhumans. Honestly, I want her to dethrone Medusa and become the new Inhumans. She would become a nicer and better queen than Medusa.

#46 Posted by Nerevarine_11 (9700 posts) - - Show Bio
#47 Posted by jhazzroucher (21259 posts) - - Show Bio
#48 Posted by Malachi_Munroe (3624 posts) - - Show Bio

... I think we have more than enough proof dating all the way back from 1975 and up. We didn't have to wait until 2016

#49 Posted by jhazzroucher (21259 posts) - - Show Bio

... I think we have more than enough proof dating all the way back from 1975 and up. We didn't have to wait until 2016

Lol. :)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.