Follow

Storm

Character » Storm appears in 10157 issues.

Born to an American photo journalist and Kenyan princess, Ororo Munroe is one of the most recognizabe superheroines in the Marvel Universe. Using her unique ability to see and manipulate natural energy patterns of the universe to summon any type of weather phenomenon she desires in the blink of an eye, she is called Storm.

Omega-level title rant

XxeroOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By XxeroOne
    No Caption Provided

This topic has been an age old discussion among storm fans since the installment of mutant classifications. With that being said, I feel that it is time for Storm to be labeled an omega-level mutate. Here's why:

I know that some of you may be opposed to the idea because omega-level or not, Storm is very powerful and doesn't need some label to rectify that. Storm deserves this label, however, because she has shown and proved omega-level feats time and time again. I find it unfair for writers to give other characters this label and they have not done half the work to deserve the omega-level title that Storm has. Out of respect for the character, Storm needs to be officially labeled as an omega-level mutant. No shade to Hope Summers, but what has Hope been shown to do to be labeled an omega-level mutant? Yea, She had an "omega-level" temper tantrum, but should that really solidify her being labeled as an omega-level? Once more, No shade to Hope, but that is like labeling an intern as a Doctor, and labeling the Doctor as a nurse. We've seen Storm have a "temper tantrum" and let's just say that I think Dr. Doom wouldn't want to see her have another one.

I could compare some of the feats Storm has done to other omega-levels in order to support my argument, however, this thread was not created to compare her skill set to other mutants. I made this thread to make other Storm supporters aware of the ongoing issue of Storm not getting her credit that is way overdue. i believe that as Storm supporters it is our responsibility to educate this to our peers and the writers. I'm pretty sure most of those writers wouldn't appreciate it if we labeled them as "Journalist" for Marvel. 9 times out of 10, they'll feel disrespected because they've done the necessary work to be given the title as a writer. The same hold's true for Storm.

I think we've past the time to beg the writers to write a story where she is identified as an omega-level. I think that we should begin to declare it to them in a respectful and professional manner.

No Caption Provided

Drizzle1030

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I believe storm is underrated... she has the power to control the weather... ( whoever is reading this your probably thinking ddduuhhh) but think about how weather affects us in the real world.. you have seen effects of Tsunamis, tornadoes, lightning storms, strong winds and etc... all that power she weilds from her finger tips... besides Phoenix.. I would say Storm is the Second most powerful mutant on the XMen team.. I dont kno if shes downplayed

Because of skin color, writers or people downplaying her powers, when lightning strikes a tree it splits it or what happens to a human when struck by lightning(unless your pregnant, then u would make a baby like Powder) but when storm strikes someone with lightning they get back up in 20 mins, so I agree Storm should be classified as a omega,, or a class of her own like Logan and sabretooth

Avatar image for twix_right_side
    Twix_Right_Side

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh shiz

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Hopefully he'll be. But I want her powers to be explored further for now.

Avatar image for marlexcabanilla
    marlexcabanilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think its good but sometimes no matter what class are its always depends on u if u know how take control over your power and be smart to use it

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think its good but sometimes no matter what class are its always depends on u if u know how take control over your power and be smart to use it

It's exciting and interesting to see Storm going while from time to time. : )

devilsgrin81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

aside from totally agreeing upon the need for an official Omega-level classification... i just wanted to say, i LOVE that second scan... its epic... she's totally putting Valkyrie in the shade ...sure she's the one up front and in focus, but still... as tough as Brunhilda is... Storm is a Goddess in every way but birth.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It could happen....

Greg Pak (Writer), Victor Ibanez (Cover): STORM #1

"…The series is set around the idea that the character- who has never had an ongoing series before, if you can believe it- will be going proactive. Whereas for Cyclops and Wolverine this meant forming murdering-teams and messing everything up, Storm’s mission is to help the planet in every way she can. By reaching her fullest potential and helping mankind, she’ll provide herself as a sort of mutant icon for everybody to look up to. And, when your idol is a mutant, it becomes a lot harder to be, y’know, anti-mutant.

- Steve Morris

http://twobrowngirls.co/post/84062229866/greg-pak-writer-victor-ibanez-cover-storm

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel that the only way for a powerful mutant like storm to be recognized for there power is to be labeled a Omega lvl. It's like if your not an omega your just a weak mutant and for in storms case she is there people don't want to admit that she is already surpassed the stage of being worthy of an omega, but rather keep her as alpha it's frustrating personally I feel that on her ongoing solo they should state it. :-/

devilsgrin81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormphoenix: this is, i feel, the major point of contention for Storm fans. Especially in relation to Jean Grey. But considering the shown feats - that she nor magneto have yet to properly be recognised is an injustice. Throw in people like Iceman... whose shown feats are mild to moderate... and nowhere near the monumental power shown by Ororo or Max... and the insult to Storm is compounded.

Arguments can be made that Omega's aren't necessarily MORE powerful, they just don't have any known limits to their powers... which is a bit of semantic wordplay... but still, it might explain why Storm, Magneto and Professor X are just Alphas... and yet have shown power to dwarf virtually every other Omega who isn't a psionic or Vulcan (who isn't a real Omega... he just had a massive power boost because of M-Day and being bonded to Darwin).

abaldo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By abaldo

she is powerful but only for an Alpha standard. Alphas are really powerful as well don't get me wrong, but at her standard right now i don't think she should be class as an Omega. Her mutant power needs to evolve to much higher feats, (I personally think she has the potential to control all forms of nature and energy) when she evolved into an elemental being ( she would be unstoppable) plus Rogue storm was on the verge of turning into and elemental being; Lightning hair, breathed fire (showing the power of fire)and ice. Plus she had nigh limitless power. I will only agree her to be omega through the feats i have told you. But right now, Alpha.

But i would love to see a Greg access her potential and see a little bit of Rogue Storm in her solo.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It could happen....

Greg Pak (Writer), Victor Ibanez (Cover): STORM #1

"…The series is set around the idea that the character- who has never had an ongoing series before, if you can believe it- will be going proactive. Whereas for Cyclops and Wolverine this meant forming murdering-teams and messing everything up, Storm’s mission is to help the planet in every way she can. By reaching her fullest potential and helping mankind, she’ll provide herself as a sort of mutant icon for everybody to look up to. And, when your idol is a mutant, it becomes a lot harder to be, y’know, anti-mutant.

- Steve Morris

http://twobrowngirls.co/post/84062229866/greg-pak-writer-victor-ibanez-cover-storm

Greg Pak is really making me excited about the ongoing Storm solo book.

XxeroOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By XxeroOne

@devilsgrin81: I totally agree!. both are underrated and downplayed

I feel that the only way for a powerful mutant like storm to be recognized for there power is to be labeled a Omega lvl. It's like if your not an omega your just a weak mutant and for in storms case she is there people don't want to admit that she is already surpassed the stage of being worthy of an omega, but rather keep her as alpha it's frustrating personally I feel that on her ongoing solo they should state it. :-/

Same thought that I have. In the mutant world, Alphas are powerful, but compared to an omega, they're nothing.

I believe storm is underrated... she has the power to control the weather... ( whoever is reading this your probably thinking ddduuhhh) but think about how weather affects us in the real world.. you have seen effects of Tsunamis, tornadoes, lightning storms, strong winds and etc... all that power she weilds from her finger tips... besides Phoenix.. I would say Storm is the Second most powerful mutant on the XMen team.. I dont kno if shes downplayed

Because of skin color, writers or people downplaying her powers, when lightning strikes a tree it splits it or what happens to a human when struck by lightning(unless your pregnant, then u would make a baby like Powder) but when storm strikes someone with lightning they get back up in 20 mins, so I agree Storm should be classified as a omega,, or a class of her own like Logan and sabretooth

You're right. Im trying to avoid playing the race card, but recent events involving executives clearly show that racism still exists and that racism isn't confined to a particular entity or organization. We don't know what goes through some of these writers heads when they write people of color in the comic world, but it does feel like some characters are downplayed because of skin color. which, imo, is very sad. But lets try to have positive thoughts for our Goddess and hope for the best.

Stormultt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Storm is Omega.
    She's not Alpha and she's not 'potential Omega'.

The writers can lolly gag and act dumbfounded till the cows come home.

Claremont said it best, "Weather control is just a piece of the puzzle when it comes to her powers".

Storm was meant to do more than control weather.

Greg most surely needs to address this and give her what she needs.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By jhazzroucher

Storm is Omega.

Claremont said it best, "Weather control is just a piece of the puzzle when it comes to her powers".

Nice to see you again in this forum stormultt! : )

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Right-- Not even to mention she's once sucked the oxygen from someone's lungs, controlled ice almost as well as Iceman, and controlled different weathers in space and on different planets. The possibilities are endless.

XxeroOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Storm is Omega.

I agree and I really hope he remebers what claremont said and addresses the situation accordingly

abaldo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By abaldo

no, completely disagree with saying she is already omega. she is a POTENTIAL OMEGA as she hinted to even control all the forces of nature. Her weather manipulation is Alpha and any one who has weather manipulation is Alpha. So for being an alpha she is at her peak, being an omega she hasn't even scratched the surface on.

Avatar image for child_of_the_dark_phoenix
    Child Of The Dark Phoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@abaldo said:

no, completely disagree with saying she is already omega. she is a POTENTIAL OMEGA as she hinted to even control all the forces of nature. Her weather manipulation is Alpha and any one who has weather manipulation is Alpha. So for being an alpha she is at her peak, being an omega she hasn't even scratched the surface on.

But that's just the thing. You can't be "potential omega" you either are or you aren't there is no midway zone. Being an omega lvl mutant is in your DNA it's not something you can progress to otherwise one day every mutant would be an omega and we all know that's not the case.

-----------------

But I also don't want Storm to get the title omega level mutant. Why? Because it's gotten to the point that the label isn't even respected anymore. Whether or not Storm becomes an omega level mutant (by title) isn't a factor. She's damn powerful and that's not going to change.

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@child_of_the_dark_phoenix: i agree ... besides when most mutants go omega thats marvels way of saying "hey fans we are tired of this character so we'll make him/her reeeealy OP and kill them in the end"

abaldo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

what ever.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Has she shown the ability to do things on a world wide level?

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By jhazzroucher

@w0nd said:

Of course she has!

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@w0nd said:

Of course!

That's cool. I wonder why she doesn't more often. The thing I liked about ultimate xmen, one of the very few things i liked...was the drew attention to the fact she didn't have to go anywhere near the battlefield to attack.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@w0nd said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@w0nd said:

Of course!

That's cool. I wonder why she doesn't more often. The thing I liked about ultimate xmen, one of the very few things i liked...was the drew attention to the fact she didn't have to go anywhere near the battlefield to attack.

Because the x-men are fighting against weak villains?

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Mooty_Pass
    Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
    deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

User Lists: 6

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I disagree about Storm (or any other potential omega) needing to be one from the start.

With the whole concept of secondary mutations, even with original mutations progressing, growing and developing over time, I think being a "potential omega level" mutant is plausible. I don't think you have to start out as one, since certain abilities can progress and develop into something more, and I don't think that every mutation/mutant ability has to have the potential to grow into something more either.

abaldo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I disagree about Storm (or any other potential omega) needing to be one from the start.

With the whole concept of secondary mutations, even with original mutations progressing, growing and developing over time, I think being a "potential omega level" mutant is plausible. I don't think you have to start out as one, since certain abilities can progress and develop into something more, and I don't think that every mutation/mutant ability has to have the potential to grow into something more either.

thank you <3

Avatar image for child_of_the_dark_phoenix
    Child Of The Dark Phoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@w0nd said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@w0nd said:

Of course!

Because manipulating the weather on a world wide scale would major repercussions. Repercussions that Storm may not be able to stop.

But when has any secondary mutation ever resulted into them turning into an omega level? Not a single mutant currently with the title of omega has gotten there via a secondary mutation.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By w0nd

@child_of_the_dark_phoenix said:

@w0nd said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@w0nd said:

Of course!

Because manipulating the weather on a world wide scale would major repercussions. Repercussions that Storm may not be able to stop.

True ok maybe not world wide then, but more powerful then she is displayed....like people mention on here she doesn't seem to get respect. I don't care for her t hat much but i realize they use her in the most ridiculous ways at times

@thunderbolt30 said:

But when has any secondary mutation ever resulted into them turning into an omega level? Not a single mutant currently with the title of omega has gotten there via a secondary mutation.

does bobby count? i mean originally he was just pretty much an outer layer of hardened snow right? then then he became actual ice? or am i confused/mistaken or has he always been omega and never bothered to tap into his power?

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@child_of_the_dark_phoenix: To be clear I'm not stating that secondary mutations create omega level mutants and that's not the point of my comment. I was just using the fact that mutant genes have unactualized/untapped potential (i.e. - Emma Frost or Beast) that can manifest as secondary mutations with any number of abilities, to illustrate my point about not knowing what can lead to becoming an omega mutant.

I haven't seen anything that states that you have to be an omega from the start and that you could not progress to becoming one. There is next to no information that officially describes the attributes or requirements for a mutant to be considered omega level.

devilsgrin81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@child_of_the_dark_phoenix: To be clear I'm not stating that secondary mutations create omega level mutants and that's not the point of my comment. I was just using the fact that mutant genes have unactualized/untapped potential (i.e. - Emma Frost or Beast) that can manifest as secondary mutations with any number of abilities, to illustrate my point about not knowing what can lead to becoming an omega mutant.

I haven't seen anything that states that you have to be an omega from the start and that you could not progress to becoming one. There is next to no information that officially describes the attributes or requirements for a mutant to be considered omega level.

this is certainly the truth. Iceman is an omega... but until that revelation, he was firmly in the Alpha group - even as recently listed as an Alpha during the Twelve event. When Kitty is trying to figure out why each of the twelve were chosen... she lists one of the few similarities being "they're all alpha" mutants. ((the list did include Jean, but it is possible that The Twelve pre-dates the creation of Omega Level Mutants)).

i'll agree also, that the Potential part of Storms Potential Omega status should stay until its confirmed through a power showing feat of Truly Omega level awesomeness (one where outside influences - ie: Doom and chrome... or Rachel and Savage Land - are absent).

Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
    deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

User Lists: 6

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thunderbolt30 said:

this is certainly the truth. Iceman is an omega... but until that revelation, he was firmly in the Alpha group - even as recently listed as an Alpha during the Twelve event. When Kitty is trying to figure out why each of the twelve were chosen... she lists one of the few similarities being "they're all alpha" mutants. ((the list did include Jean, but it is possible that The Twelve pre-dates the creation of Omega Level Mutants)).

i'll agree also, that the Potential part of Storms Potential Omega status should stay until its confirmed through a power showing feat of Truly Omega level awesomeness (one where outside influences - ie: Doom and chrome... or Rachel and Savage Land - are absent).

The twelve event is canon right?

devilsgrin81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By devilsgrin81

@jhazzroucher said:

@devilsgrin81 said:

@thunderbolt30 said:

of course it is. seems to me it's also one of the most impactful events of the latelate 90s/early 00s... It gave us the apocalypse affected Cyclops we know and love today.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jhazzroucher said:

@devilsgrin81 said:

@thunderbolt30 said:

of course it is. seems to me it's also one of the most impactful events of the latelate 90s/early 00s... It gave us the apocalypse affected Cyclops we know and love today.

Just wanted to confirm because I only have a few x-men graphic novels

Tonix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would love for her to get her title, but I wouldn't want her to be so overpowered that the writers never use her

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.