Is Yukio the 'Gabrielle' to Storm's 'Xena'?

Posted by poisonfleur (4177 posts) 4 months, 17 days ago

Poll: Is Yukio the 'Gabrielle' to Storm's 'Xena'? (14 votes)

YES! There's undoubtedly a bisexual/lesbian/open relationship. There's no denying it. 14%
I don't know. I'm skeptical yet open to the idea. This should be explored. 7%
No. Storm and Yukio are just friends. Intimate friends at best. 29%
I personally enjoy the mystery of it all. 7%
Storm doesn't need your labels. She does as she pleases. 43%
I'm torn between what she is and what I want her to be. 0%
It's a 'Xena and Gabrielle' thing-- They've gotta VERY close but nothing official. 0%
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

So as we know. Back in the day, it was frowned up to have LGBT characters in comics, games, and media (unless they were villians Ex: Mystique, Destiny, Poison from Final Fight) But that didn't stop Claremont and other writers from writing Storm and Yukio a certain way that made many have come to conclusion that there is a relationship between Storm and Yukio. Much like Mystique and Destiny's relationship until it was confirmed.

And while Storm has had many men in her life, what makes Yukio special is that she may confirm that Storm is a Superhero of the LGBT community (bisexual). But it's a bit open for debate. What do YOU think? Even the writer of Storm's solo commented on how their relationship was ambiguous and so he continued to write them that way. Does Storm and Yukio's interactions suffer from the same issue as Xena: Warrior Princess's show suffered-- Lesbian and Bisexual interactions were kept at a minimum because of how American views the LGBT community? (particularly in the 80s and 90s)

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
#1 Posted by jhazzroucher (21259 posts) - - Show Bio

There's no straight "no" option?

#2 Edited by stormphoenix (6050 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm Gay, but I rather Storm NOT be a Lesbian or Bisexual.......sorry.

I say No.

#3 Posted by jhazzroucher (21259 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope that if you create polls, there's an opposite answer too.

#4 Posted by Revan2424 (3572 posts) - - Show Bio

Storm shouldn't be an LGBT character. I personally feel it as an insult when people change sexulaities of a character instead of just creating a new LGBT character. Just show how little faith people have with a LGBT character carrying their own series.

#5 Posted by Sprior93 (12214 posts) - - Show Bio

I see them as close friends, but I'd accept them as lovers if a writer took that direction.

#6 Posted by cattlebattle (16025 posts) - - Show Bio

But that didn't stop Claremont and other writers from writing Storm and Yukio a certain way that made many have come to conclusion that there is a relationship between Storm and Yukio. Much like Mystique and Destiny's relationship until it was confirmed.

Yeah, Claremont hinted that nearly every female character he ever wrote was possibly bi sexual, which often made you wonder if he was really all that progressive, or just sexually repressed and degenerate.

#7 Posted by jhazzroucher (21259 posts) - - Show Bio

Storm shouldn't be an LGBT character. I personally feel it as an insult when people change sexulaities of a character instead of just creating a new LGBT character. Just show how little faith people have with a LGBT character carrying their own series.

I agree.

#8 Posted by poisonfleur (4177 posts) - - Show Bio

So why are they so closer than some couples sometimes?

*sips tea*

People say Xena and Gabrielle aren't romantic yet it was confirmed after the show ended.

#9 Posted by poisonfleur (4177 posts) - - Show Bio

I mean you all are aware of how suggestive these two are.... Who else crosses the line like this in Marvel yet aren't a same sex-couple..

#10 Posted by jhazzroucher (21259 posts) - - Show Bio

I mean you all are aware of how suggestive these two are.... Who else crosses the line like this in Marvel yet aren't a same sex-couple..

The difference is, I don't think Marvel will make Storm and Yukio official. Storm is their most popular black female character.

#11 Posted by poisonfleur (4177 posts) - - Show Bio

@poisonfleur said:

The difference is, I don't think Marvel will make Storm and Yukio official. Storm is their most popular black female character.

Okay... I am not sure what being popular and a black female has to do with Storm having an off-and-on fling with another girl. Especially when the writers have even said it seems implied.

#12 Posted by jhazzroucher (21259 posts) - - Show Bio

@jhazzroucher said:
@poisonfleur said:

Okay... I am not sure what being popular and a black female has to do with Storm having an off-and-on fling with another girl. Especially when the writers have even said it seems implied.

The implication was already abandoned

#13 Posted by poisonfleur (4177 posts) - - Show Bio

@poisonfleur said:
@jhazzroucher said:
@poisonfleur said:

The implication was already abandoned

It was just brought up in her solo series..... Where we reading the same book?

#14 Posted by Magnegr0 (4 posts) - - Show Bio

They're gay yall

#15 Posted by jhazzroucher (21259 posts) - - Show Bio

Theyre just friends

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.