Follow

Storm

Character » Storm appears in 10183 issues.

Born to an American photo journalist and Kenyan princess, Ororo Munroe is one of the most recognizabe superheroines in the Marvel Universe. Using her unique ability to see and manipulate natural energy patterns of the universe to summon any type of weather phenomenon she desires in the blink of an eye, she is called Storm.

Is Ororo Munroe aka Storm an A-List Character?

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#2051 vance_astro  Moderator

@fus_bro_dah said:

Looking at the way she's been written over the years, only confirms this. Marvel has no idea how to write her. One minute she's her normal egotistical self, and another she's hiding from Wade underneath Logan's sheets. She's somewhat of a train-wreck, as she's been written so inconsistently. Marvel needs to stop treating her like she's so sacred and consider killing her off. So they can sit back and take a break from her until they figure out what they want Storm to be. Because at the moment, she's taking valuable page time from other characters who have more potential. Such as the (more or less) restored Jubilee and Rachael.

I don't think Marvel doesn't know how to write Storm, I don't think they care. Just how little she was developed after marrying Black Panther seems to confirm this. Marvel doesn't need to kill her off they just need to take the risks with her that they have with other female characters.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#2052  Edited By jhazzroucher

@vance_astro said:

@fus_bro_dah said:

Looking at the way she's been written over the years, only confirms this. Marvel has no idea how to write her. One minute she's her normal egotistical self, and another she's hiding from Wade underneath Logan's sheets. She's somewhat of a train-wreck, as she's been written so inconsistently. Marvel needs to stop treating her like she's so sacred and consider killing her off. So they can sit back and take a break from her until they figure out what they want Storm to be. Because at the moment, she's taking valuable page time from other characters who have more potential. Such as the (more or less) restored Jubilee and Rachael.

I don't think Marvel doesn't know how to write Storm, I don't think they care. Just how little she was developed after marrying Black Panther seems to confirm this. Marvel doesn't need to kill her off they just need to take the risks with her that they have with other female characters.

I think marvel focuses on who already had an ongoing. They also have a lot of different Avengers and X-men books, aside from lots of ongoing solos for the men. So if they give an ongoing solo for a female character, it would be hard for it to sell well. DC usually sells different Batman and Superman books so if you're not really a fan of them and a few JLA books, you may try to get an ongoing solo from their female characters.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2053 vance_astro  Moderator

@jhazzroucher said:

I think marvel focuses on who already had an ongoing. They also have a lot of different Avengers and X-men books, aside from lots of ongoing solos for the men. So if they give an ongoing solo for a female character, it would be hard for it to sell well. DC usually sells different Batman and Superman books so if you're not really a fan of them and a few JLA books, you may try to get an ongoing solo from their female characters.

I don't. I've seen them give alot of female characters a very decent push without them having their own books. They recently pushed Misty Knight, having her lead 3 teams in the last decade. Sharon Carter has gotten a huge push for a supporting cast character since Civil War, not only does she appear heavily in Avengers and Captain America but she's also going to appear in the Captain America film and she's getting her own short film. Even Emma Frost has grown in popularity and significance in recent years. That's just to name a few. I don't know what specifically makes them focus on any female character but they are dropping the ball with Storm the way they dropped the ball with Blade. She already has the popularity, all they have to do is build on it.

Fus_Bro_Dah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2054  Edited By Fus_Bro_Dah

@vance_astro:

@vance_astro said:

@fus_bro_dah said:

I was REALLY trying to be nice and not say that, and let the readers come to that conclusion on their own. Because it's 100% true. The fact that Marvel gave She-Hulk and She-Rulk their own books, but passed on Storm (who I'm sure they remember exists) is quite telling. Perhaps they see something we all don't see? Or perhaps...it's what we already see, but are too polite to say?

How well did the Storm Mini by Dickey sell? That should give something of a glimpse into how well a Storm solo would sell.

And they didn't just drop the ball on Blade, they deflated it, set it on fire, and dropped it down a damn mine shaft. In an age where vampires are the rage, you can't push the vampire slayer (who used to hunt ALL supernatural creatures, btw)? C'mon Marvel.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vance_astro:

@vance_astro said:

@fus_bro_dah said:

I was REALLY trying to be nice and not say that, and let the readers come to that conclusion on their own. Because it's 100% true. The fact that Marvel gave She-Hulk and She-Rulk their own books, but passed on Storm (who I'm sure they remember exists) is quite telling. Perhaps they see something we all don't see? Or perhaps...it's what we already see, but are too polite to say?

How well did the Storm Mini by Dickey sell? That should give something of a glimpse into how well a Storm solo would sell.

And they didn't just drop the ball on Blade, they deflated it, set it on fire, and dropped it down a damn mine shaft. In an age where vampires are the rage, you can't push the vampire slayer (who used to hunt ALL supernatural creatures, btw)? C'mon Marvel.

They also gave Mystique and Emma Frost an ongoing solo before. Marvel only gave Storm a mini. Marvel should try to give Storm an ongoing.

DecoyElite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#2056  Edited By DecoyElite

Maybe most writers just don't know what to do with Storm. I know if I worked at Marvel and they dropped her in my lap I wouldn't know what to write.

Bogey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They should let this girl write any future Storm books

Loading Video...

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe most writers just don't know what to do with Storm. I know if I worked at Marvel and they dropped her in my lap I wouldn't know what to write.

I definitely know how to write her but maybe not on all aspects.

DecoyElite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

@decoyelite said:

I mean like, what kind of character arc would you give her? Who would she fight consistently? Etc...

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jhazzroucher said:

@decoyelite said:

I mean like, what kind of character arc would you give her? Who would she fight consistently? Etc...

I'm not sure how to answer your question but I say " a hero one". I don't think I can write well about leadership but I can give it a try.

I have a lot in my mind as to who she will fight with. I already have made stories about her (through my imagination of course) and even a fighting game that focuses on her too. : ) Her powers would evolve but not only her though, other x-men as well. I have created villains for her including fighting her own self because I have a story which something happened (i'm not going to tell you. : ) ) and in order to regain control of her body ( because she went like Rogue Storm), she has to release the evil side of her. So she will be fighting an evil Storm.

Anyways, the existing opponents I have in mind are: Apocalypse ( since the Ororo: Before the Storm connected to Apocalypse ). Magneto ( just a disagreement between their views but I really prefer Magneto to remain a villain). Death, the villain which she fought with in one of those Black Panther comics. I also have a story between the x-men and imperial guard fighting as to who should take care of Vulcan and the x-men are trying to get him back thinking that Cyclops and Havok has the right to keep him and well he's from earth too , and of course, the x-men will win against the imperial guards. When Vulcan is free, he at first pretended to be good until he was able to release his evil friends and there's fighting again and it's going to be Storm vs Vulcan.

I think I'm sharing too much but believe me, the reason of Storm losing control of herself (like when she became Rogue Storm) is a good, good reason That I was able to make, : )

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She has and will always be.

GrenadeFlow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No. Marvel give A-list characters ongoings

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Most definitely she is...

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Morbius was given an ongoing, is he A-list?

GrenadeFlow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@grenadeflow said:

no but a-list characters will get ongoings over b,c,d list characters because they would be in demand

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jhazzroucher said:

@grenadeflow said:

no but a-list characters will get ongoings over b,c,d list characters because they would be in demand

Storm is A-list. She is everywhere

GrenadeFlow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@grenadeflow said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@grenadeflow said:

Like?

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jhazzroucher said:

@grenadeflow said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@grenadeflow said:

Like?

comics, movies, video games, television, papers.

GrenadeFlow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@grenadeflow said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@grenadeflow said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@grenadeflow said:

Like?

Black Widow is everywhere and that doesn't make her A-List

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2070  Edited By jhazzroucher

@jhazzroucher said:

@grenadeflow said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@grenadeflow said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@grenadeflow said:

Like?

But nowhere near as exposed as Storm. besides, Storm's exposure remains constant for a long while already.

GrenadeFlow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@grenadeflow said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@grenadeflow said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@grenadeflow said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@grenadeflow said:

Like?

But nowhere near as exposed as Storm. besides, Storm's exposure remains constant for a long while already.

She's more exposed thee general pop hasn't seen storm since x-men 3

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2072  Edited By jhazzroucher

@jhazzroucher said:

@grenadeflow said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@grenadeflow said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@grenadeflow said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@grenadeflow said:

Like?

She had an appearance in superhero movie, cameo in wolverine origins and x-men origins. That makes her more constant in exposure than Black Widow who's just starting up. In video games, Storm has more appearances, even in cartoons and comics.

GrenadeFlow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@grenadeflow said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@grenadeflow said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@grenadeflow said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@grenadeflow said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@grenadeflow said:

Like?

She had an appearance in superhero movie, cameo in wolverine origins and x-men origins. That makes her more constant in exposure than Black Widow who's just starting up. In video games, Storm has more appearances, even in cartoons and comics.

Lol nobody watched that Superhero movie and I don't remember seeing her in those X-Men movies.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jhazzroucher said:

@grenadeflow said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@grenadeflow said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@grenadeflow said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@grenadeflow said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@grenadeflow said:

Like?

Lol nobody watched that Superhero movie and I don't remember seeing her in those X-Men movies.

Still, it gave a little contribution than nothing. During those years when x-men 1,2,3 were shown, Black Widow was zero. When black Widow started showing up in movies, at least Storm still had cameos. Black Widow have started showing up in video games but Storm has been showing up for 2 decades or more I think. Storm always had more tv appearances too. Oh! and when the x-men movies were advertized, it was Wolverine and Storm images on mespapers. news, magazines, etc

GrenadeFlow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@grenadeflow said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@grenadeflow said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@grenadeflow said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@grenadeflow said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@grenadeflow said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@grenadeflow said:

Like?

Still, it gave a little contribution than nothing. During those years when x-men 1,2,3 were shown, Black Widow was zero. When black Widow started showing up in movies, at least Storm still had cameos. Black Widow have started showing up in video games but Storm has been showing up for 2 decades or more I think. Storm always had more tv appearances too. Oh! and when the x-men movies were advertized, it was Wolverine and Storm images on mespapers. news, magazines, etc

Yeah but BW was Avengers and Iron Man 2 which did better than all 3 X-Men movies

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
    V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@vance_astro:

@vance_astro said:

@fus_bro_dah said:

The first issue Sold 32,819 copies, and the last(sixth) issue sold 21,507.

Just to compare with other female Marvel solo titles released around that time, the first and fifth issues of Spider-Woman Origin sold 63,954 and 38,602. The first and sixth issues of She-Hulk sold 37,196 and 26,627. The first and sixth issues of Ms. Marvel sold 73,398 and 38,869. The first and sixth issues of Black Widow sold 27,387 and 15,138. The first and fifth issues of Dead Girl sold 20,678 and 15,376. The first and fourth issues of Ororo Before The Storm sold 26,368 and 14,317. The first and sixth issues of Arana Heart Of The Spider sold 29,783 and 15,257. The first and fifth issues of Kitty Pryde Shadow And Flame sold 33,779 and 18,580.

By first issue sales it ranks:

1: Ms. Marvel - 73,398

2: Spider-Woman - 63,954

3: She-Hulk - 37,196

4: Kitty Pryde - 33,779

5: Storm - 32,819

6: Arana - 29,783

7: Black Widow - 27,387

8: Ororo - 26,368

9: Dead Girl - 20,678

It's hard to tell how popularity of characters would have changed since 2005/2006 though, so it's tricky trying to figure out where she would rank against The upcoming Captain(formerly Ms.) Marvel, She-Hulk and Black Widow titles.

Tom Brevoort doesn't seem to positive about the possibility of one happening:

"Have you guys ever seriously considered a Storm ongoing? Don't you think it's time?
    Anonymous

Sure, in the abstract. But I’d feel more confident about it if any of the assorted Storm limited series had sold better. And, of course, if anybody turned up with a brilliant idea for a Storm solo series, one that made sense to Nick Lowe in terms of the overall X-Men plans."

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2077  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

@v_scarlotte_rose said:

"Have you guys ever seriously considered a Storm ongoing? Don't you think it's time? Anonymous

Sure, in the abstract. But I’d feel more confident about it if any of the assorted Storm limited series had sold better. And, of course, if anybody turned up with a brilliant idea for a Storm solo series, one that made sense to Nick Lowe in terms of the overall X-Men plans."

Pretty sure I said exactly what Brevoort said earlier in the thread or somewhere on these forums and Storm fans acted as if it wasn't valid. Pretty sure the response was something about Brian Wood wanting to write a Storm comic...

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vance_astro: Seems totally valid to me. If Brian Wood wanted to do it, maybe his idea for it just wasn't good enough to look past the low sales.

I don't know if this makes total sense, but I wonder if the sales for her mini series' aren't so much considered low, but lower than expected. As the fans point out, she's had a good bit of exposure in other media, being in cartoons, games, live action films etc, and she's part of what I believe was or still is Marvels biggest selling team. Considering all of these factors, there's maybe an expectation for her solos to sell higher than characters who haven't had as much exposure, and when it doesn't happen it seems like more of a failure.

Maybe getting the low figures on a mini-series that started during the run up to X-Men 3(probably an ideal time to release X-Men related things) was just enough for them to give up on the idea of giving her solo issues. Maybe they'll try again when Days Of Future Past comes out, but if it doesn't work then, it seems like it could be a long wait for another chance.

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2080  Edited By jhazzroucher

@fus_bro_dah said:

@vance_astro:

@vance_astro said:

@fus_bro_dah said:

The first issue Sold 32,819 copies, and the last(sixth) issue sold 21,507.

Just to compare with other female Marvel solo titles released around that time, the first and fifth issues of Spider-Woman Origin sold 63,954 and 38,602. The first and sixth issues of She-Hulk sold 37,196 and 26,627. The first and sixth issues of Ms. Marvel sold 73,398 and 38,869. The first and sixth issues of Black Widow sold 27,387 and 15,138. The first and fifth issues of Dead Girl sold 20,678 and 15,376. The first and fourth issues of Ororo Before The Storm sold 26,368 and 14,317. The first and sixth issues of Arana Heart Of The Spider sold 29,783 and 15,257. The first and fifth issues of Kitty Pryde Shadow And Flame sold 33,779 and 18,580.

By first issue sales it ranks:

1: Ms. Marvel - 73,398

2: Spider-Woman - 63,954

3: She-Hulk - 37,196

4: Kitty Pryde - 33,779

5: Storm - 32,819

6: Arana - 29,783

7: Black Widow - 27,387

8: Ororo - 26,368

9: Dead Girl - 20,678

It's hard to tell how popularity of characters would have changed since 2005/2006 though, so it's tricky trying to figure out where she would rank against The upcoming Captain(formerly Ms.) Marvel, She-Hulk and Black Widow titles.

"Have you guys ever seriously considered a Storm ongoing? Don't you think it's time? Anonymous

Thanks for the figures. I believe that there would have been a difference in figures if Storm got an ongoing and not a mini. For me, there's a bigger impact on number of copies sold when a comic is sold as an ongoing and not as a mini series.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I mentioned above how it could be tricky to figure out how her popularity has changed since in recent times, but I wonder if this is worth bringing up:

http://www.google.co.uk/trends/explore#q=marvel%20comics%20storm%2C%20ororo%20munroe%2C%20x-men%20storm&cmpt=q

Based on how often people look her up online, interest in Storm may have peaked in 2006, and fallen ever since. Maybe Marvel know this and aren't giving her a series because of it.

It's hard to really get the exact figures for Storm's popularity online because if we'll just use her name "storm", it would include the other terms of storm and not just the comic character only.

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jhazzroucher: What makes you think being an ongoing would make a difference though? Is there some evidence to support that?

Also, I deliberately didn't just type "storm" to make sure I was getting results about her.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2083  Edited By jhazzroucher

@jhazzroucher:

What makes you think being an ongoing would make a difference though? Is there some evidence to support that?

Also, I deliberately didn't just type "storm" to make sure I was getting results about her.

Because a mini is different from an ongoing.

I'm really wondering why they're giving Storm a mini only yet they're willing to risk on giving Morbius and other comic characters whom we think are less popular than Storm.

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jhazzroucher: In what way though, apart from length? In some ways a mini-series seems like it could be more appealing, as the buyer knows how much money they'll be spending on it, rather than potentially getting hooked and having to spend money every month.

They may be less popular, but they may be better suited to solo titles, or a writer has some good ideas for them. Maybe Storm just works better as part of a team, or no writers have any good stories to tell with her. Plus in the past, Morbius had a 12 issue run in Adventure Into Fear, a 5 issue mini-series, and a 32 issue ongoing. When Marvel Now started, Morbius had already proved himself as a potential ongoing solo character.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jhazzroucher:

In what way though, apart from length? In some ways a mini-series seems like it could be more appealing, as the buyer knows how much money they'll be spending on it, rather than potentially getting hooked and having to spend money every month.

They may be less popular, but they may be better suited to solo titles, or a writer has some good ideas for them. Maybe Storm just works better as part of a team, or no writers have any good stories to tell with her. Plus in the past, Morbius had a 12 issue run in Adventure Into Fear, a 5 issue mini-series, and a 32 issue ongoing. When Marvel Now started, Morbius had already proved himself as a potential ongoing solo character.

Because a mini could somehow be rushed. And if I wanted to collect something, I want it to last longer.

We don't know if Morbius ongoing did well, but at least , they've given him an ongoing first before giving him a mini then back to ongoing.

But Storm wasn't given a change to have an ongoing. Emma got one, Mystique too.

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jhazzroucher: That's also true. It'll be different depending on individual people.

Well the first one did well enough to last 32 issues, which isn't too bad. The fact that he only lasted 9 on his last ongoing suggests he might not be as popular anymore, or at least not popular enough for Marvels current rules. He's not getting an All-New Marvel Now relaunch, which makes me think it'll be a while before they try again with him.

A writer would need to have enough good stories to tell for her to get one though. Either there aren't any writers who want to do it, or Marvel don't think any submissions have been good enough. As I said above, Marvel are hesitant to try again based on past mini-series sales. Maybe they could try launching a mini or ongoing around the time of the new X-Men film, but there would need to be a writer with long term plans to make it happen.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jhazzroucher:

That's also true. It'll be different depending on individual people.

Well the first one did well enough to last 32 issues, which isn't too bad. The fact that he only lasted 9 on his last ongoing suggests he might not be as popular anymore, or at least not popular enough for Marvels current rules. He's not getting an All-New Marvel Now relaunch, which makes me think it'll be a while before they try again with him.

A writer would need to have enough good stories to tell for her to get one though. Either there aren't any writers who want to do it, or Marvel don't think any submissions have been good enough. As I said above, Marvel are hesitant to try again based on past mini-series sales. Maybe they could try launching a mini or ongoing around the time of the new X-Men film, but there would need to be a writer with long term plans to make it happen.

Marvel gave most of the main female Avengers members an ongoing. Hopefully they'd do that too to the main female x-men members.

Hopefully, the next x-men film will do well in the box office, though I'm not really confident about it. I hope Singer came up with something better for the x-men film.

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jhazzroucher: There've been 5 female Avengers with ongoings, Captain(Ms.) Marvel, Spider-Woman, She-Hulk, Jessica Jones and Black Widow, and 4 female X-Men, Rogue, Emma Frost, X-23 and Dazzler, so a Storm one would even things up. There are some main female Avenger that have missed out on ongoings though, like Wasp, Scarlet Witch and Spectrum(Monica Rambeau). There should be more female solo titles, so hopefully some of these Avengers or X-Men(or anyone else) can get a chance soon.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jhazzroucher:

There've been 5 female Avengers with ongoings, Captain(Ms.) Marvel, Spider-Woman, She-Hulk, Jessica Jones and Black Widow, and 4 female X-Men, Rogue, Emma Frost, X-23 and Dazzler, so a Storm one would even things up. There are some main female Avenger that have missed out on ongoings though, like Wasp, Scarlet Witch and Spectrum(Monica Rambeau). There should be more female solo titles, so hopefully some of these Avengers or X-Men(or anyone else) can get a chance soon.

Hopefully. : )

Anyway, got to leave, need to sleep. til next time

raylo85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hands down storm is an A-list character. Whether or not she's held a sucessful so serious doesn't matter. If that were the case there would are be no women or minorities on the A list. So outside of white men being the only a-listers we have to look in the world of women and minorities. Storm has been in the forefront of the x-men for over 25 years from the comics to the cartoon to the movies. She is one of the most recognizable female/African American superheroes. There have been dozens of story arcs where she's been a central character in for more than a decade she was the main leader of the x-men. The fact that my mother, who has never read a comic book, can recognize and knows who storm is shows you how popular she is. So besides Wonder Woman she is the most popular female superhero and I can't even compare another minority to her, she is probably the most recognizable and popular minority character. Therefore she is an a-lister.

raylo85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2091  Edited By raylo85

Hands down storm is an A-list character. Whether or not she's held a sucessful solo series doesn't matter. If that were the case there would are be no women or minorities on the A list. So outside of white men being the only a-listers we have to look in the world of women and minorities. Storm has been in the forefront of the x-men for over 25 years from the comics to the cartoon to the movies. She is one of the most recognizable female/African American superheroes. There have been dozens of story arcs where she's been a central character and for more than a decade she was the main leader of the x-men. The fact that my mother, who has never read a comic book, can recognize and knows who storm is shows you how popular she is. So besides Wonder Woman she is the most popular female superhero and I can't even compare another minority to her, she is probably the most recognizable and popular minority character. Therefore she is an a-lister.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@raylo85 said:

Hands down storm is an A-list character. Whether or not she's held a sucessful so serious doesn't matter. If that were the case there would are be no women or minorities on the A list. So outside of white men being the only a-listers we have to look in the world of women and minorities. Storm has been in the forefront of the x-men for over 25 years from the comics to the cartoon to the movies. She is one of the most recognizable female/African American superheroes. There have been dozens of story arcs where she's been a central character in for more than a decade she was the main leader of the x-men. The fact that my mother, who has never read a comic book, can recognize and knows who storm is shows you how popular she is. So besides Wonder Woman she is the most popular female superhero and I can't even compare another minority to her, she is probably the most recognizable and popular minority character. Therefore she is an a-lister.

Thank you for the post. : )

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Storm is a Z-list Tramp.

devilsgrin81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2094  Edited By devilsgrin81

@raylo85 said:

have to agree.

there are VERY few female a-list characters from either house of comics... and from the marvel side only one has earned it... Storm. Black Widow is now the only rival, and her position is solely based on the success of the movies, and Scarlett Johansson's deriere.

DC brings us WW and Catwoman... and, like Black Widow - and for similar enough reasons (Batman TAS vs. The Avengers movie), Harley Quinn...

GrenadeFlow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jhazzroucher said:

@raylo85 said:

have to agree.

there are VERY few female a-list characters from either house of comics... and from the marvel side only one has earned it... Storm. Black Widow is now the only rival, and her position is solely based on the success of the movies, and Scarlett Johansson's deriere.

DC brings us WW and Catwoman... and, like Black Widow - and for similar enough reasons (Batman TAS vs. The Avengers movie), Harley Quinn...

The thing is Storm hasn't earned anything. There are no facts to back Storm being A-list

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2096  Edited By jhazzroucher

@devilsgrin81 said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@raylo85 said:

have to agree.

The thing is Storm hasn't earned anything. There are no facts to back Storm being A-list

BUt there is

GrenadeFlow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2097  Edited By GrenadeFlow

@grenadeflow said:

@devilsgrin81 said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@raylo85 said:

have to agree.

BUt there is

What exactly she's only in the movies and cartoons by association, you need to be able to carry an ongoing to be called A-List

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jhazzroucher said:

@grenadeflow said:

@devilsgrin81 said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@raylo85 said:

have to agree.

BUt there is

What exactly she's only in the movies and cartoons by association, you need to be able to carry an ongoing to be called A-List

it's not only. besides, movies and cartoon and video games are bigger medium than comics.

GrenadeFlow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@grenadeflow said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@grenadeflow said:

@devilsgrin81 said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@raylo85 said:

have to agree.

BUt there is

it's not only. besides, movies and cartoon and video games are bigger medium than comics.

and she isn't at the forefront of any of the above

westy206

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My mother, my sister, my dad, my girlfriend and my friends who have never read comics know exactly who Storm is. My gf hasn't even watched the films and she knows who she is. If a character is known by the majority they are A-list. She is more A-list than many who have their own comics (it doesn't matter if they have a solo) Hawkeye, captain marvel, gambit, deadpool. If I got out my top trumps and covered the names I'm sure everyone would know who Storm is.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.