Follow

Storm

Character » Storm appears in 10157 issues.

Born to an American photo journalist and Kenyan princess, Ororo Munroe is one of the most recognizabe superheroines in the Marvel Universe. Using her unique ability to see and manipulate natural energy patterns of the universe to summon any type of weather phenomenon she desires in the blink of an eye, she is called Storm.

Is Ororo Munroe aka Storm an A-List Character?

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#101  Edited By jhazzroucher

and you all shouldn't forget this:

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#102  Edited By Storm Calling

What I'd like to know is where everyone is getting their definition of an A-lister?

JairamGanpat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#103  Edited By JairamGanpat

@jhazzroucher said:

@White Mage said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@JairamGanpat said:

@White Mage said:

Showin up to the party don't make you VIP

but it's better than not showing up at all.

Debatable

I'm fine with that. : )

by debatable he means one sided and in his favor :p

JairamGanpat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#104  Edited By JairamGanpat

@jhazzroucher said:

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Never noticed the lack of black models in this show until now :(

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#105  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@JairamGanpat said:

@jhazzroucher said:

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Never noticed the lack of black models in this show until now :(

HA

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By WARLOCK2792

This question wasn't asked out of genuine interest in other people's opinions.......it was asked so that the same argument could carry over from the last time this exact same thread was created................the pattern continues.lol

Impala

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By Impala

@jhazzroucher: Well i dont see any evidence proving the contrary. Hard for female characters to get A-List i suppose.

antemiusenteri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By antemiusenteri

@TheCrowbar: It's provided by comicvine but he created it , or opened it , or started it , or whatever analogy you want you use, and its a storm forum is it considered trolling if the people are strongly arguing for her , if jhazz posted that on a wonder woman then it might be trolling. and i actually agree with that comment , wonder woman is a iconic superhero but its mostly because she's placed between batman and superman ,

TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#109  Edited By TheCrowbar

@White Mage said:

This question wasn't asked out of genuine interest in other people's opinions.......it was asked so that the same argument could carry over from the last time this exact same thread was created................the pattern continues.lol

This and: @antemiusenteri said:

@TheCrowbar: It's provided by comicvine but he created it , or opened it , or started it , or whatever analogy you want you use, and its a storm forum is it considered trolling if the people are strongly arguing for her , if jhazz posted that on a wonder woman then it might be trolling. and i actually agree with that comment , wonder woman is a iconic superhero but its mostly because she's placed between batman and superman ,

No user has ownership of any forum or ought to have special treatment because of their presence in a forum. Especially Jhazz whose presence is generally negative for Storm.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#110  Edited By Blood1991

@Storm Calling said:

What I'd like to know is where everyone is getting their definition of an A-lister?

My definition is;

1.A character that has their own series.

2. A character well known outside of comics.

3. A character that is iconic outside of a team.

4. Must operate in more then one title at a time.

5. Must be on a popular team.

Superman Batman Wonder Woman and Spider-Man are the highest class S-List. World wide icons and comic legends.

A-Listers are characters like Captain America, Iron Man, Thor, Hulk, Wolverine, Catwoman, Aquaman, Green Lantern, Flash

B-Listers are well known characters that can't quite stand alone or can't for long periods. Still widely popular, but not stand alone characters. Storm, Hawkeye, Cyclops, She Hulk, Green Arrow, Black Panther, Supergirl, Batgirl

Storm checks 2, 4 and 5.

That is how I rank tiers.

Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By Storm Calling

@Blood1991 said:

@Storm Calling said:

My definition is;

Superman Batman Wonder Woman and Spider-Man are the highest class S-List. World wide icons and comic legends.

A-Listers are characters like Captain America, Iron Man, Thor, Hulk, Wolverine, Catwoman, Aquaman, Green Lantern, Flash

B-Listers are well known characters that can't quite stand alone or can't for long periods. Still widely popular, but not stand alone characters. Storm, Hawkeye, Cyclops, She Hulk, Green Arrow, Black Panther, Supergirl, Batgirl

Storm checks 2, 4 and 5.

That's the problem here, everyone stating their own definition as opinion and arguing about it. lol

Looking up the real definition of an A-Lister would put Storm well within the category.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By Blood1991

@Storm Calling: And what is the real definition of an A-List character?

Avatar image for shamelesslysupportinaznballers
    Shamelesslysupportinaznballers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jhazzroucher: I don't think i've seen what your definition of A list is. All you seem to have backing up your argument is that she is a recognizable character that has appeared in numerous forms of media.

To me, for something that is A-List, that person or thing has to be able to the main thing that carries the brand. Someone like Tom Cruise is A list, Will Smith, Angelina Jolie. Wolverine, Superman, Batman, those characters are the tom cruise, will smith of the a list comicworld.

Storm is like one of those actors that is part of an ensemble in one of those great TV shows like Friends, LOST, etc etc. That's why Storm doesn't have her own ongoing, thats why she needs to be part of a team. Not enough people care to actually spend money to buy a comic that she stars in herself.

But if you want to go with, "she is recognizable & she appears in a buttload of stuff therefore she is A-List", then I guess we will have a lot of crappy A list characters then.

Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By Storm Calling

@Blood1991 said:

An A-list character is one whom Marvel themselves consider an A-lister. Considering we don't know the criteria for what that is, it would be difficult to speculate.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By Blood1991

@Storm Calling said:

@Blood1991 said:

An A-list character is one whom Marvel themselves consider an A-lister. Considering we don't know the criteria for what that is, it would be difficult to speculate.

Lol then all we have is our own speculation, but if it can be argued then I still place her as B and I prefer B list characters in general so I'm fine with that.

Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By Storm Calling

@Blood1991 said:

@Storm Calling said:

@Blood1991 said:

Lol then all we have is our own speculation, but if it can be argued then I still place her as B and I prefer B list characters in general so I'm fine with that.

No, Marvel has actually stated themselves that she is one of their most prominent. She is an A-lister in terms of what Marvel considers ones.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By Blood1991

@Storm Calling said:

@Blood1991 said:

@Storm Calling said:

@Blood1991 said:

No, Marvel has actually stated themselves that she is one of their most prominent. She is an A-lister in terms of what Marvel considers ones.

Meh Marvel says alot of things.

Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By Storm Calling

@Blood1991: Yeah, you're right. For what it's worth, I would agree that Storm wouldn't be an A-Lister if the definition of one were that. But that obviously isn't the case

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By Blood1991

@Storm Calling: I wouldn't consider any of them A listers even though I like all four. I suppose I'm just more exclusive in my ranking.

UltraBiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By UltraBiel

@Blood1991 said:

@Onemoreposter: Thank you. Why is it bad to be a high profile B+ character? What is wrong with that?

It is sad because I think Marvel doesn't have any female A-List character while DC has at least two (that can't even be argued) Wonder woman and Catwoman. I love marvel but saddens me that they are unable to make good comics with female leads...

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By Blood1991

@UltraBiel: She Hulk's sensational run is fantastic if you ever get a chance to read it. My issue is they don't give their high profile women a chance to be successful. Why not put these ladies

In a series together and see how it does? Marvel is all about teams and these are four of the most popular female characters in comics. Add Wasp too because she is awesome and the five of them would be epic.

Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By Storm Calling

@Blood1991 said:

@Storm Calling: I wouldn't consider any of them A listers even though I like all four. I suppose I'm just more exclusive in my ranking.

I think they are all A-list, but definitely not in the traditional sense.

UltraBiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By UltraBiel

@Blood1991: You are right! I used to love She-hulk solo book...too bad it didn't lasted...

x_29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#124  Edited By x_29

Particularly for female characters at Marvel.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#125  Edited By InnerVenom123

No.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By jhazzroucher

@Storm Calling said:

@Blood1991 said:

@Storm Calling said:

My definition is;

Storm checks 2, 4 and 5.

That's the problem here, everyone stating their own definition as opinion and arguing about it. lol

Looking up the real definition of an A-Lister would put Storm well within the category.

Yehey! Storm Calling agrees with me. : )

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By jhazzroucher

@Blood1991 said:

@UltraBiel: She Hulk's sensational run is fantastic if you ever get a chance to read it. My issue is they don't give their high profile women a chance to be successful. Why not put these ladies

In a series together and see how it does? Marvel is all about teams and these are four of the most popular female characters in comics. Add Wasp too because she is awesome and the five of them would be epic.

If Emma is there then Rogue, Jean Grey and Spider-Woman should be there too.

@Shamelesslysupportinaznballers said:

@jhazzroucher: I don't think i've seen what your definition of A list is. All you seem to have backing up your argument is that she is a recognizable character that has appeared in numerous forms of media.

To me, for something that is A-List, that person or thing has to be able to the main thing that carries the brand. Someone like Tom Cruise is A list, Will Smith, Angelina Jolie. Wolverine, Superman, Batman, those characters are the tom cruise, will smith of the a list comicworld.

Storm is like one of those actors that is part of an ensemble in one of those great TV shows like Friends, LOST, etc etc. That's why Storm doesn't have her own ongoing, thats why she needs to be part of a team. Not enough people care to actually spend money to buy a comic that she stars in herself.

But if you want to go with, "she is recognizable & she appears in a buttload of stuff therefore she is A-List", then I guess we will have a lot of crappy A list characters then.

No. Marvel is just not pushing her. So are you telling me that Gambit and Morbius and Hawkeye are more popular and can carry their own better because each has their own ongoing?

Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By Storm Calling

@jhazzroucher said:

@Storm Calling said:

@Blood1991 said:

@Storm Calling said:

My definition is;

Storm checks 2, 4 and 5.

NO Looking up the real definition of an A-Lister would put Storm well within the category.

Yehey! Storm Calling agrees with me. : )

I did no such thing, Storm is nowhere near more popular than WW. Get real!

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By Blood1991

@Storm Calling:

Son Of Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#130  Edited By Son Of Storm

@Blood1991 said:

@Storm Calling:

Why is that rainbow raping that poor guy in the background?

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By Blood1991

@Son Of Storm: That is lady Rainicorn she is a rainbow and a unicorn.

Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By Storm Calling

@Son Of Storm: LMAO! That's the unicorn's backside.

@Blood1991 said:

@Storm Calling:

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By Blood1991

@Storm Calling: I'm stealing that gif lol

Son Of Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By Son Of Storm

@Blood1991@Storm Calling

Oh.. Continue :)

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By Blood1991

@Son Of Storm said:

@Blood1991@Storm Calling

You have seriously never watched adventure time? Is that rock you live under heavy?

Son Of Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By Son Of Storm

@Blood1991 said:

@Son Of Storm said:

@Blood1991@Storm Calling

You have seriously never watched adventure time? Is that rock you live under heavy?

Lol nope. I only come out at night. No rainbows then.

Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By Storm Calling

@Blood1991 said:

@Storm Calling: I'm stealing that gif lol

Steal away and spread the love! :p

@Son Of Storm said:

@Blood1991@Storm Calling

I see just what you tried to do! >.<

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By Blood1991

@Son Of Storm:

That is so sad.

Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By Storm Calling

@Blood1991 said:

@Son Of Storm said:

@Blood1991@Storm Calling

I don't watch it much myself but everytime I catch it on I find myself entertained. That and Regular Show is pretty good stuff.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By Blood1991

@Storm Calling: That isn't a love gif, that is I got your ass gif lol

Son Of Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By Son Of Storm

@Storm Calling said:

@Son Of Storm said:

@Blood1991@Storm Calling

Uhh. You're the only one lol.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By Blood1991

@Storm Calling said:

@Blood1991 said:

@Son Of Storm said:

@Blood1991@Storm Calling

I don't watch it much myself but everytime I catch it on I find myself entertained. That and Regular Show is pretty good stuff.

I watch Adventure time religiously lol Regular show is good too, but Adventure Time is my business

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By Blood1991

@Son Of Storm said:

@Storm Calling said:

@Son Of Storm said:

@Blood1991@Storm Calling

Uhh. You're the only one lol.

I don't get it......

Son Of Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By Son Of Storm

@Blood1991 said:

That artist needs to be skinned, burned, shot, and killed.

Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By Storm Calling

@Blood1991 said:

I probably should set the series on my dvr, so I can watch it more. Hard to believe I'm still watching CN after all these years, still miss all of the old shows though...

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By Blood1991

@Son Of Storm: Hey don't hate on the example lol

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147  Edited By Blood1991

@Storm Calling said:

@Blood1991 said:

I probably should set the series on my dvr, so I can watch it more. Hard to believe I'm still watching CN after all these years, still miss all of the old shows though...

You should the show is funny as hell.

Son Of Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By Son Of Storm

@Blood1991 said:

@Son Of Storm: Hey don't hate on the example lol

Sorry lol.

Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By Storm Calling

@Son Of Storm: LMAO! Wow, that's so very cruel. I'd hate for you to be my boss. :p

Son Of Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By Son Of Storm

@Storm Calling said:

@Son Of Storm: LMAO! Wow, that's so very cruel. I'd hate for you to be my boss. :p

Well I mean in what world would that be considered..........good? Hell........acceptable to print?!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.