Follow

Storm

Character » Storm appears in 10183 issues.

Born to an American photo journalist and Kenyan princess, Ororo Munroe is one of the most recognizabe superheroines in the Marvel Universe. Using her unique ability to see and manipulate natural energy patterns of the universe to summon any type of weather phenomenon she desires in the blink of an eye, she is called Storm.

Could Storm possibly bloodbend?

TheGoddess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By TheGoddess

I've always been curious about this. We know she can control peoples bodily functions such as breathing, brain functions/nervous system. I mean we know that Storm can directly manipulate water because it falls under weather manipulation(snow/ice,mist/fog, rain, ocean currents,breathing under water). Water makes up like 65% of our bodies.I actually wanna see her pull the blood out of someone and and then watch them shrivel. I mean shouldn't she be able to do things similar to Bobby(minus turning into vapor and entering the body) like freezing the insides too?

Wouldn't it be cool to take her down a darker path character wise so she could flaunt these deadly abilities more often? At least one arc where she goes batshyt crazy(like Rogue Storm). Idk just thought it would be a sick idea. I want a writer to do this foreal one day. Not just one issue,but an actual story arc in the 616 universe.

I would have posted this in her power thread,but I figured that was more for posting scans and feats.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Just strolling through.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've always been curious about this. We know she can control peoples bodily functions such as breathing, brain functions/nervous system. I mean we know that Storm can directly manipulate water because it falls under weather manipulation(snow/ice,mist/fog, rain, ocean currents,breathing under water). Water makes up like 65% of our bodies.I actually wanna see her pull the blood out of someone and and then watch them shrivel. I mean shouldn't she be able to do things similar to Bobby(minus turning into vapor and entering the body) like freezing the insides too?

Wouldn't it be cool to take her down a darker path character wise so she could flaunt these deadly abilities more often? At least one arc where she goes batshyt crazy(like Rogue Storm). Idk just thought it would be a sick idea. I want a writer to do this foreal one day. Not just one issue,but an actual story arc in the 616 universe.

I would have posted this in her power thread,but I figured that was more for posting scans and feats.

Um I do not think she can bloodbend. I mean yes it is a possibility she probably can, but if you want Storm to go down a "Darker" path as you say. She kinda already is. I mean the fact she can directly attack people form the inside IS dark enough.

TheGoddess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thegoddess said:

Um I do not think she can bloodbend. I mean yes it is a possibility she probably can, but if you want Storm to go down a "Darker" path as you say. She kinda already is. I mean the fact she can directly attack people form the inside IS dark enough.

I want gore!!

No Caption Provided

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormphoenix said:
    @thegoddess said:

I want gore!!

No Caption Provided

Lol this gif slayed me

On your question - I think she could. She noted that she can freeze hearts and shatter veins, and has already shown that she can control elements inside of a target (wakandan soldier, Kaine, BP's inner ear, and Sinister's brain impulses). I doubt we will see her do this on panel though (mainly due to morals), but based on what we've seen on panel blood manipulation is possible IMHO.

TheGoddess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thunderbolt30: that gif makes me lol every time it see it. I stole it from another forum I frequent.

but yeah I mean i could see her using such a technique IF she had another solo. I wish Storm could have an opponent that really pushed her over the limit.Someone she had to face that is so powerful,ruthless, pure evil that there would be any barganing,redmeption... no other choice but to use lethal force to get rid of them permanently

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thunderbolt30: that gif makes me lol every time it see it. I stole it from another forum I frequent.

but yeah I mean i could see her using such a technique IF she had another solo. I wish Storm could have an opponent that really pushed her over the limit.Someone she had to face that is so powerful,ruthless, pure evil that there would be any barganing,redmeption... no other choice but to use lethal force to get rid of them permanently

Agreed. Like if they brought back Candra, who had a mega grudge against Storm before she died (and was resurrected and died again a year+ ago). She was a very powerful psionic (TK, Mind Control, PK, and immortal). She powerful and driven enough to test Storm to the extreme of her abilities.

Stormcell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Stormcell

@thunderbolt30 said:
    @thegoddess said:

Agreed. Like if they brought back Candra, who had a mega grudge against Storm before she died (and was resurrected and died again a year+ ago). She was a very powerful psionic (TK, Mind Control, PK, and immortal). She powerful and driven enough to test Storm to the extreme of her abilities.

Candra would be an excellent choice. Not only can she manipulate matter down to the atomic level with her TK along with pyrokinesis, mind control, and accelerated healing, her immortality would allow for Storm take some very ruthless measures to win a fight against her without having any fear of killing her since Candra can't die.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It is possible that she can since Storm can manipulate the air with so much skill.

maaask12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Very nice thread...i believe if she really wanted to she could. I hate that storm don't wanna unlock her inner self. I don't know if she knows what she is capable of, or she just might be to scared to find out on what her powers can really accomplish. it's so much of what she can do. how long will it take for the writers to show us storm ballistic side.

Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol this gif slayed me

On your question - I think she could. She noted that she can freeze hearts and shatter veins, and has already shown that she can control elements inside of a target (wakandan soldier, Kaine, BP's inner ear, and Sinister's brain impulses). I doubt we will see her do this on panel though (mainly due to morals), but based on what we've seen on panel blood manipulation is possible IMHO.

Agreed. All signs point to yes.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thunderbolt30 said:

Lol this gif slayed me

Agreed. All signs point to yes.

SC <3 <3 <3! I've missed you!

Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stormcell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thunderbolt30: Thanks TB! I've missed you guys too!

Would have been great to have you weigh in on the Storm/Magneto thread a few topics down from this one back when that was the hot topic on here. Glad you're back!

Noctum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

And here we go again with speculations. No, she can't never bloodbend LOL, some people thought they understand the logic in storm's power. In the comic, they're all overpowered and make their power ridiculously non-logical! Storm's power links to Earth environment so she should only be able to use weather element up to the limit that the Earth has to offer, period.

In Earth environment, wind cannot travel like 600 miles per hour or the pressure of air can never ever be able to deflect bullet. Even a thick cube of plastic couldn't even stop a bullet from penetrating deep inside so what make u think increase air pressure can help???? Creating storm in one people's lung? Bullsh*t! The environment in the lung is not favorable for any weather condition to form. She can suck out air from one's lung by using vortex AROUND the person, NOT by controlling the air molecules to get out. Only telekinesis can do that. Storm's power is not controlling the molecules themselves but spiritually link to the Earth!!! How can a tornadoes form like instantly? It takes time guys! Should not overcome the physic laws! STOP SPECULATING.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@noctum said:
    No Caption Provided

And here we go again with speculations. No, she can't never bloodbend LOL, some people thought they understand the logic in storm's power. In the comic, they're all overpowered and make their power ridiculously non-logical! Storm's power links to Earth environment so she should only be able to use weather element up to the limit that the Earth has to offer, period.

In Earth environment, wind cannot travel like 600 miles per hour or the pressure of air can never ever be able to deflect bullet. Even a thick cube of plastic couldn't even stop a bullet from penetrating deep inside so what make u think increase air pressure can help???? Creating storm in one people's lung? Bullsh*t! The environment in the lung is not favorable for any weather condition to form. She can suck out air from one's lung by using vortex AROUND the person, NOT by controlling the air molecules to get out. Only telekinesis can do that. Storm's power is not controlling the molecules themselves but spiritually link to the Earth!!! How can a tornadoes form like instantly? It takes time guys! Should not overcome the physic laws! STOP SPECULATING.

PLEASE GO AWAY. They can speculate ALL they want. Other fanbases do the exact same thing. SO STOP COMPLAINING.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@noctum said:
    No Caption Provided

Prolly not directly. Storm can use the air to manipulate the blood movement.

But I still think that with enough practice, Storm can bloodbend.

Bleh! :)

Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Storm Calling

@stormcell said:
    @storm_calling said:

Would have been great to have you weigh in on the Storm/Magneto thread a few topics down from this one back when that was the hot topic on here. Glad you're back!

Storm is currently more powerful and has far more potential. End of. Canon already established her as a potential omega level mutant, while the same cannot be said for him. Her mutant and magical potential has peaked to levels of godhood in other realities and alternate futures. Hell, even the black vortex(which happened this year) gave us an epic glimpse into how powerful she could potentially be. These all paint a clear picture, even if she doesn't reach that potential at any point. It's there, and writers have been using it for many years in clever and unique ways.

And there's no point engaging in debates about powers with posters that don't have a clue about how those powers work. I read it, but had no desire to reply. I can provide the info, but I can't change the way someone chooses to believe something.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormcell said:
    @storm_calling said:

Storm is currently more powerful and has far more potential. End of. Canon already established her as a potential omega level mutant, while the same cannot be said for him. Her mutant and magical potential has peaked to levels of godhood in other realities and alternate futures. Hell, even the black vortex(which happened this year) gave us an epic glimpse into how powerful she could potentially be. These all paint a clear picture, even if she doesn't reach that potential at any point. It's there, and writers have been using it for many years in clever and unique ways.

And there's no point engaging in debates about powers with posters that don't have a clue about how those powers work. I read it, but had no desire to reply. I can provide the info, but I can't change the way someone chooses to believe something.

I agree.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.