Follow

Storm

Character » Storm appears in 10183 issues.

Born to an American photo journalist and Kenyan princess, Ororo Munroe is one of the most recognizabe superheroines in the Marvel Universe. Using her unique ability to see and manipulate natural energy patterns of the universe to summon any type of weather phenomenon she desires in the blink of an eye, she is called Storm.

Confirmed: Storm is an Omega Level Mutant

• 55 results
    butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By butterflykyss

Not that this is a surprise but we were told for so long Storm is not an Omega level mutant. Well baby that time of uncertainty and debate ends today. Not only is Ororo a goddess but she is also an omega level mutant making her one of the most powerful mutants ever! Eat your heart out to all of those who said she wasnt.

No Caption Provided

Stormcell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Stormcell

While I'm glad that Storm is finally a bonafide omega (she should've been from day one), I totally disagree with this list. I posted my objections to several of these other characters in the "Storm Discussion" thread.

Jean, Exodus, Iceman, and Magneto shouldn't be on here. Their inclusion creates too many huge plotholes and loopholes for future writers to include a ton of characters rendering this power classification meaningless.

Stormcell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Stormcell

I'm just going to copy/paste my list of objections here:

1) MJJ, Proteus, and Franklin are all reality controllers, but are not equal in power. I don't care which adjective you put in front of "reality manipulation" in listing their abilities. I fail to see how MJJ and Proteus made the list.

2) How the heck is Jean on the list? Sinister created Pryor, Jean's clone, to procreate with Scott to produce a progeny with unlimited TP/TK powers. If Jean wielded that kind of power on her own without the PF, Sinister would've stopped with Pryor. Nate Grey and Cable should've been on this list and maybe Rachel, but not Jean. Once the Phoenix Force was no longer unique to just a few people in creation, Jean should've been off this list.

3) Exodus? Really??? How the heck did Exodus get on this list ahead of X-Man especially when you have Shaman X-Man out there.

4) Magneto? Really? There is a definite upper limit to how much power his body can handle. "Magneto War" showed us that plus his constant need of machines to hike up his power levels.

5) Iceman? Really? This is totally ridiculous. Technically, Storm should be able to generate colder temperatures than Bobby given her powerset, but she's probably going to be held back in this regard to prop him up.

Where's Scarlet Witch and Selene? House of M, anyone? Necrosha?

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Mooty_Pass  Online

This is News that we ALL knew all along. LOL

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

yea I cant say I agree with the list but I'm happy this finally shuts up all the haters who have said otherwise

Stormcell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Stormcell

Did you notice how they put "power" for David Haller who is just a psi? They did that to make room for Jean and Quire since if Haller's true power was listed, neither of them would make the list.

Seriously, this is why I HATE Jean Grey. It's a shame because I actually could've liked the character otherwise. I'm sick and tired of Marvel doing all of these nonsensical contortions with the canon to try and prop this character up and how they hold other characters back to try and make her look good. Readers are TIRED of Jean and the Grey/Summer clan. If they weren't sales on the titles would've never gone down. Heck, even movie goers don't care for Jean too much: https://www3.forbes.com/business/dark-phoenix-is-90-million-behind-the-lowest-grossing-x-men-movie/?utm_campaign=lowest-grossing-x-men-movie&utm_source=yahoo-gemini&utm_medium=yh131778n1us&lcid=yh131778n1us&utm_content=HOMEPAGE_US

Now, they are going to start devaluing other characters like Xavier, who has always been consistently MUCH MORE powerful than Jean to try and make her look good.

And though I've mentioned it, I still can't get over it. Jean does not have unlimited potential on the merits of her own power without being possessed by the Phoenix Force. That is why Sinister created Cable and X-Man (X-Man was the AOA version of Cable that crossed over to 616). Not only that, but X-Man consistently dwarfed Jean in power in every last one of their encounters going all the way back to the 90s. There is no way she should be on this list at all.

On top of all of this, not only has Magneto NEVER met the criteria to be an omega mutant in canon, but they are weakening him more than ever now. He has zero mental defenses, and his force-field is now flawed. It was established long ago right on panel that Magneto had a flawless force-field. It could only be overcome by greater force. Recently, to prop up Jean, they gave the shield a flaw so she could break through.

So, Magneto has been weakened, but he still made the list. :::shaking my head:::

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Storm is finally classified as an Omega level mutant and the first thing the girls do is run to the forum to spew hate towards Jean Grey. Is it crack? After reading the same posts over and over on multiple boards imagine how tired we are.

Stormcell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Stormcell

@malachi_munroe said:

Storm is finally classified as an Omega level mutant and the first thing the girls do is run to the forum to spew hate towards Jean Grey. Is it crack? After reading the same posts over and over on multiple boards imagine how tired we are.

I just want to make sure I post my complaints everywhere for people to have the option to read. There are valid and backed by canon. I really wanted to be happy about this, but putting Jean, Iceman, Magneto, and Exodus on the list cheapens the whole thing, to be honest. The title "oemga" is going to be worthless when other writers start to add a million other characters to the list because of the plotholes and loopholes created with the inclusion of these four characters plus others. So, I'm venting now. Besides, I'm putting the truth out there to set the foundation for future debates and discussions.

Anywho, got it out of my system for now. I can't think of anything else to say.

On a different note, this isn't going to stop the Storm bias from other fanbases. They will still try and find ways to ignore the "omega" label with the character while trying to make sure it means something for the other characters on the list. This will be the case eventhough Storm has much more powerful feats than most of the other names omegas.

Son Of Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

Now the next step is to make sure everything that has happened in BP still applies. Goddess & Omega Level. Ty.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d39a38bf2071
    deactivated-5d39a38bf2071

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

can't She pick up Mjolnir

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wilkiiins17: who cares about that stupid hammer. shes a goddess without it.

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@son_of_storm: ehh I disagree here. Hickman hasnt retconned anything but is only giving meat to stories that already exist in canon. this is why she is rocking 5he same costume on BP and in the hox books.

Son Of Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@son_of_storm: ehh I disagree here. Hickman hasnt retconned anything but is only giving meat to stories that already exist in canon. this is why she is rocking 5he same costume on BP and in the hox books.

That's what I'm hoping but I'd like some confirmation just to be sure.

Stormcell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Now the next step is to make sure everything that has happened in BP still applies. Goddess & Omega Level. Ty.

Oh, this would be the PERFECT combo if it's done right. So, how would you make her omega self different from her "goddess" aspect? What would one bring to the table the other would not?

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormcell: her being an omega mutant is still trapped into the physical manifestations of how her powers operate on a natural level. her divinity allows her to tap into energies that go beyond that specifically aspects of this energy that would allow her to hurt deities such as adversary.

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

and I just want to say again I love all the haters and trolls who said we were fanboys were absolutely wrong. wonder where that at now lololol.

Son Of Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@son_of_storm said:

Oh, this would be the PERFECT combo if it's done right. So, how would you make her omega self different from her "goddess" aspect? What would one bring to the table the other would not?

Pretty much what Kyss said. The only thing I'd add is that with her divinity we should start seeing more exotic forms of weather manipulation that not only bend the laws of nature it burns down the entire book the laws are written in.

And from a character PoV her goddess identity should open doors for her to be placed in stories that otherwise she really wouldn't be in. I mean look at her title/mandate so to speak. "The goddess who preserves the balance of all natural things". That's as wide and all encompassing of a title as I've ever heard. You could out Storm in pretty much any high tier story with cosmic/mystical disturbances and she'd fit right in.

Hell look at what's going on in Doctor Strange atm. This is the EPITOME of unbalance.

Son Of Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

and I just want to say again I love all the haters and trolls who said we were fanboys were absolutely wrong. wonder where that at now lololol.

No Caption Provided

Stormcell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormcell said:
    @son_of_storm said:

Pretty much what Kyss said. The only thing I'd add is that with her divinity we should start seeing more exotic forms of weather manipulation that not only bend the laws of nature it burns down the entire book the laws are written in.

And from a character PoV her goddess identity should open doors for her to be placed in stories that otherwise she really wouldn't be in. I mean look at her title/mandate so to speak. "The goddess who preserves the balance of all natural things". That's as wide and all encompassing of a title as I've ever heard. You could out Storm in pretty much any high tier story with cosmic/mystical disturbances and she'd fit right in.

Hell look at what's going on in Doctor Strange atm. This is the EPITOME of unbalance.

I would like to see Storm's omega mutant play with her "goddesshood" to have her potentially be the balancing force between even the opposing cosmic abstracts like Lord Chaos and Master Order, Love and Hate, Death and Eternity, etc. Well, that would be the full expression of her power at the height of both her "goddesshood" and mutation.

I like what both you and Butterflykyss put forward.

Son Of Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@son_of_storm said:
    @stormcell said:
    @son_of_storm said:

I would like to see Storm's omega mutant play with her "goddesshood" to have her potentially be the balancing force between even the opposing cosmic abstracts like Lord Chaos and Master Order, Love and Hate, Death and Eternity, etc. Well, that would be the full expression of her power at the height of both her "goddesshood" and mutation.

Exactly.

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By butterflykyss
    Son Of Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5f08ae8f4ed63
    deactivated-5f08ae8f4ed63

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Still Country level!

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MagneticStorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's about time my favorites (Storm & Magneto) got their due!

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5d45f2a1434a1
    deactivated-5d45f2a1434a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope see great stories and feats! in the future!

kasya_carey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thehercules: I hope you’re kidding ??

creating a planetary storm is country level. Storm has harmed characters with high durability, protected the planet multiple times from destruction, redirect Siena attack who was using the electromagnetic fields that could split a planet in half, lightning and wind was stated to shape a world, disperse clouds across the entire planet (moon level), created a solar wind powerful enough to burn off the atmosphere (small planet) and theses aren’t even her highest feats

Avatar image for magnificentstorm
    MagnificentStorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By MagnificentStorm

@butterflykyss said:

@stormcell: her being an omega mutant is still trapped into the physical manifestations of how her powers operate on a natural level. her divinity allows her to tap into energies that go beyond that specifically aspects of this energy that would allow her to hurt deities such as adversary.

Tbh they need to simply start her on the journey of intertwining both her mutant nature of being connected to the atmosphere and her Godhead mainly expanding her connection to cosmic and mystic entities allowing her to be more in tuned with Eternity himself. Which then would allow her to fully tap into the forces of Magic due to having a deeper and more direct connection to everything. An seeing as she’s served as a Host to him before the feeling should be somewhat similar.

This then would lead into Storm being able to transcend her Mortal Coil become one with everything that is natural allowing her mutant powers to transcend the scope and fully expand the grasp of her control over atmospheric elements. But for appearance sake she’d of course be able to change her appearance at will from regular Storm to all blue elemental being.

MagnificentStorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@son_of_storm said:
    @stormcell said:
    @son_of_storm said:

I think she’d be more akin to the Phoenix in terms of where her judgement would be definitive. I feel as if she’d maintain, balance, and functionality of planets and dimensions. While gaining the respect of her fellow cosmic/mystical beings to where they would ask for her judgement on certain matters unlike the Phoenix whom they'd never ask lol. An even the New Tribunal could delegate matters he felt could be accurately by Storm so he could focus on other matter. Like how they did with She-Hulk.

Son Of Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormcell said:
    @son_of_storm said:
    @stormcell said:
    @son_of_storm said:

I think she’d be more akin to the Phoenix in terms of where her judgement would be definitive. I feel as if she’d maintain, balance, and functionality of planets and dimensions. While gaining the respect of her fellow cosmic/mystical beings to where they would ask for her judgement on certain matters unlike the Phoenix whom they'd never ask lol. An even the New Tribunal could delegate matters he felt could be accurately by Storm so he could focus on other matter. Like how they did with She-Hulk.

Wouldn't be mad at this at all.

MagnificentStorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@magnificentstorm said:
    @stormcell said:
    @son_of_storm said:
    @stormcell said:
    @son_of_storm said:

Lol right it would be freaking awesome. But they couldn’t overlord her. Unless they want to create a nenew Cosmic Xtreme Xmen that she leads who deal with unbalance and investigate things all over the universe. Or else it will be another I CAN BE AN XMAN AND A QUEEN AND A WIFE AT THE SAME TIME. EVERYONE ELSE: NO YOU CANT!!!! even tho your husband somehow does it, and Sue and Reed do it. An a host of other married/dating hero’s.

Son Of Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@son_of_storm said:
    @magnificentstorm said:
    @stormcell said:
    @son_of_storm said:
    @stormcell said:
    @son_of_storm said:

Lol right it would be freaking awesome. But they couldn’t overlord her. Unless they want to create a nenew Cosmic Xtreme Xmen that she leads who deal with unbalance and investigate things all over the universe. Or else it will be another I CAN BE AN XMAN AND A QUEEN AND A WIFE AT THE SAME TIME. EVERYONE ELSE: NO YOU CANT!!!! even tho your husband somehow does it, and Sue and Reed do it. An a host of other married/dating hero’s.

If it's written correctly that could easily pull it off. Storm doesn't need to constantly operate on that level of power since it wouldn't be much of a story if she's not in a mega fight. However if she's placed in certain arcs or crossovers then yeah let her unleash her power. When said threat is vanquished then Storm does what Storm has always done - she raises those almighty (and annoying af) self imposed limits. Whether it be by Hickmans hand or (hopefully) Coates' her divinity is something that needs to be explored so it can hopefully answer the many questions we fans have.

Character wise at this point who really gives a damn? Wolverine was on HOW many books at a time plus his own solo and no one said a word. Besides Storm has already had this internal debate and this was the outcome:

And given the recent news that last line is just so....... delicious.
    And given the recent news that last line is just so....... delicious.

Stormcell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormcell said:
    @son_of_storm said:
    @stormcell said:
    @son_of_storm said:

I think Storm would be more like the Living Tribunal than the Phoenix Force. The PF has a cosmic abstract opposite in the First Fallen. Storm would be in judgement of them and all the other opposites like Death and Eternity, Chaos and Order, etc. It fits her title better to maintain the balance.

Son Of Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@magnificentstorm said:
    @stormcell said:
    @son_of_storm said:
    @stormcell said:
    @son_of_storm said:

I think Storm would be more like the Living Tribunal than the Phoenix Force. The PF has a cosmic abstract opposite in the First Fallen. Storm would be in judgement of them and all the other opposites like Death and Eternity, Chaos and Order, etc. It fits her title better to maintain the balance.

As long as she's actively trying to maintain balance. The Living Tribunal and even Eternity are rather.... assh0les as of late. I'm not here for Storm sitting back and saying everything will balance itself in time like these two.

Stormcell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormcell said:
    @magnificentstorm said:
    @stormcell said:
    @son_of_storm said:
    @stormcell said:
    @son_of_storm said:

As long as she's actively trying to maintain balance. The Living Tribunal and even Eternity are rather.... assh0les as of late. I'm not here for Storm sitting back and saying everything will balance itself in time like these two.

I'm with you on this.

MagnificentStorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@magnificentstorm said:
    @stormcell said:
    @son_of_storm said:
    @stormcell said:
    @son_of_storm said:

I was using the Phoenix to say Storm would be its opposite. Just to give a visual of the realm to which she’d be looking to solve problems. Putting her where you suggested overall wouldn’t make sense. Because she would then be above entities and making judgements on things that are not entirely of her domain. Such as Death Storm doesn’t necessarily have any strong command or connection to it. The Phoenix is far more connected to aspect of Death tHan Storm. Or Master Order and Lord Chaos she may have extremely powerful magical ties and once able to perceive magic and connect to it better be extr proficient. But they are the spruce of all magic I feel as if they can come to a judgement on something in the mystical realm only the Living Tribunal would have the clarity and lvl of omnipotence to make the judgement.

So if you keep her in realms where her powers are all reaching and she has the most knowledge then it would be more believable and natural so to say. making sure the planets and dimensions are maintained is still quick a huge responsibility.

An from that she‘d gain respect so that when these entities do meet up to decide on things that effect the Universe her presence would not be out of the question and her voice and opinions would be respected and not swept to the side

not to mention if you put her in such a high tiered position she wont be as connected with the everyday/week/month Earthly affairs that would keep her in the spot light. I don’t really trust them to move her to cosmic/mythical lvl and give her a decent amount of content

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Wait, I thought Storm was always Omega level? Isn't this common knowledge?

Son Of Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wait, I thought Storm was always Omega level? Isn't this common knowledge?

No. She was always classified as possibly/potentially/arguably. She's demonstrated a slew of feats that again one could possibly/potentially/arguably placed her in the Omega class but you can see how that could get messy and it has several times on this site. Thankfully Hickman decided to make it official in HoX.

And truthfully I believe his version of Omega actually holds some weight behind it. They seem to actually be crucial to the story he's telling and unlike everything pre-Hickman the term "Omega level" isn't being used to just wank the favorite character of whichever writer is in for that arc.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

Good for Ororo. She still loses badly to Iron Man and Thing (without BFR or asphyxiation) due to lack of durability, speed and damage output feats needed to surpass these two.

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

Good for Ororo. She still loses badly to Iron Man and Thing (without BFR or asphyxiation) due to lack of durability, speed and damage output feats needed to surpass these two.

I love the smell of trollbait in the morning

Flashkings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well it doesn't change the fact that she still has human durability

kasya_carey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flashkings: she was peak human durability to blunt attacks. She has taken energy attacks and shrugged them off

kasya_carey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: literally grow up with the trolling.

First off I’ll copy and paste this again Storm has harmed characters with high durability characters like THING, protected the planet multiple times from destruction, redirect Siena attack who was using the electromagnetic fields that could split a planet in half, lightning and wind was stated to shape a world, disperse clouds across the entire planet (moon level), created a solar wind powerful enough to burn off the atmosphere (small planet) and theses aren’t even her highest feats.

Let’s see in space she summoned the energy of million of stars and planets that alone is above iron man and thing then turned herself into a star again above them. Created the luminosity of a star with her lightning again above them, used the full power of the sun again above them, channeled energy to heal a dimension again above them plus more. The only thing they have above her is durability and speed(well iron man does).

ReplyFull EditEditDelete

Stormcell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flashkings: she was peak human durability to blunt attacks. She has taken energy attacks and shrugged them off

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/LAbA7X9h96t42_wBH9Es1eUPwqAet8BEv2ZlPkHnfq74kfQ7g-om9xPwVSMds0-qBcIOAI9xwCR5=s1600

Stormcell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormcell said:
    @magnificentstorm said:
    @stormcell said:
    @son_of_storm said:
    @stormcell said:
    @son_of_storm said:

I was using the Phoenix to say Storm would be its opposite. Just to give a visual of the realm to which she’d be looking to solve problems. Putting her where you suggested overall wouldn’t make sense. Because she would then be above entities and making judgements on things that are not entirely of her domain. Such as Death Storm doesn’t necessarily have any strong command or connection to it. The Phoenix is far more connected to aspect of Death tHan Storm. Or Master Order and Lord Chaos she may have extremely powerful magical ties and once able to perceive magic and connect to it better be extr proficient. But they are the spruce of all magic I feel as if they can come to a judgement on something in the mystical realm only the Living Tribunal would have the clarity and lvl of omnipotence to make the judgement.

So if you keep her in realms where her powers are all reaching and she has the most knowledge then it would be more believable and natural so to say. making sure the planets and dimensions are maintained is still quick a huge responsibility.

An from that she‘d gain respect so that when these entities do meet up to decide on things that effect the Universe her presence would not be out of the question and her voice and opinions would be respected and not swept to the side

not to mention if you put her in such a high tiered position she wont be as connected with the everyday/week/month Earthly affairs that would keep her in the spot light. I don’t really trust them to move her to cosmic/mythical lvl and give her a decent amount of content

Storm should be above those abstract entities in order to keep and enforce the balance. Regarding your "Death" argument, Death would be the opposite of Eternity. In other words, there should always be a balance between the two, and Storm should enforce that balance.

The Phoenix Force represents the cycle of death and rebirth. That is not a connection with Death or an opposing side to Death like Eternity is. Again, the First Fallen would be and is the opposite of the Phoenix Force since it seeks to maintain a constant, freezing everything in a single moment. That would end the cycle of death and rebirth the Phoenix Force represents.

Finally, I think it should be stated that this is Storm's ultimate potential. I don't think she should ever achieve it though and remain at those power levels. Otherwise, there'd be no stories to tell with her anymore.

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flashkings: Jean doesnt have durability so the logic here doesnt make much sense.

I am glad to see the storm haters are still up to their old trucks though. this time however canon supports what we've always said.

Flashkings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kasya_carey: peak human is batman and Robin level durability, and that's still terrible for someone as powerful as her

I really can't see her take down powerhouses like WW, Or Captain marvel just because of the lazy as durability

kasya_carey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flashkings: Storm has taken blunt attacks that would kill a regular human. Her durability easily put her at peak human. Her mutant power is energy manipulation not a brick. Literally try again. Wonder Woman literally has inconsistency to lightning. Storm probably could harm her but not win due to other factor. Carol? Could get battered by winds.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.