Follow

Storm

Character » Storm appears in 10183 issues.

Born to an American photo journalist and Kenyan princess, Ororo Munroe is one of the most recognizabe superheroines in the Marvel Universe. Using her unique ability to see and manipulate natural energy patterns of the universe to summon any type of weather phenomenon she desires in the blink of an eye, she is called Storm.

Bloodline

• 121 results
    WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By WARLOCK2792

Question: Have you ever heard of the Rain Queens of Balobedu? They were/are (There’s been some drama as of 2005) a royal, matrilineal bloodline in Africa that were said to be able to control/influence weather, and thus, bring rain (get the name?). Believe in their power, or don’t. But these women gained the respect of not only the great warrior king, Shaka Zulu, but also the widely known activist Nelson Mandela...their throne was/is(the aforementioned “drama” hasn’t been resolved yet) 200+ years old, and can only be inherited by the reigning Queen’s eldest daughter…no men allowed

Now, I’m sure you’re asking yourselves “What does this information have to do with Storm?” The answer is fairly simple, as well as intriguing:

No Caption Provided

Marvel Comics has their own version of the “Rain Queens”, and Ororo Munroe, a.k.a. Storm, is the latest descendant of this ancient, royal line of Queens, Priestesses, and Mutants

Juicy, right? Let’s go a bit further into exploring the known history of these QPMs

Q= Queens

Unlike their real-world counterparts, these Queens haven’t been around for a few hundred years. They’ve actually been around since the dawn of humanity. Their history predates writing, and their knowledge is passed on verbally. Political power (along with other spiritual/latent mutant power) is inherited from mother to daughter

No Caption Provided

P= Priestesses

Now, here is where things get interesting, and complicated.

First, for the interesting. Two Goddesses have been tied to Storm’s bloodline: Oshtur, and Gaia

Of these two deities, Oshtur is the one most frequently mentioned by not only Ororo, but also her ancestors.

No Caption Provided

Clearly worship of “The Bright Lady” is a very important part of Storm’s heritage, which would also explain her frequent references to a female deity. The first Priestess known to Storm’s bloodline wasn’t simply a “Priestess”. She was the Sorceress Supreme of the earth dimension, Ayesha of Balobedu (<---Real World connection in a fictional comic. Gotta love it). Another Priestess known to Storm’s bloodline was the High Priestess known as Ashake, who worshipped and loved Ma’at (Oshtur), and was able to cast a great many spells for effects such as invisibility, illusions, protective shields, clairvoyance, and the summoning of mystical beings and items. Illyana Rasputin (Magik) received training from an alternate version of 616 Storm, who was trapped in Limbo, and had enough mystic and mutant power to hang with/duel Belasco.

Now for the complicated part.

We know beyond a shadow of a doubt that Storm’s royal/mystic power gets passed down from mother to daughter, but is having cat-like blue eyes and snow white hair ESSENTIAL for a Queen or Princess to have these mystical abilities? If the answer isn’t “maybe”, then the answer is a flat out “No”. Surprised by this? I’m not. Let me explain

It was never said that the traits Ororo possesses are an absolute necessity for inheriting the “female-only” gifts of sorcery and mutant powers. These traits could simply be a “ genetic reminder” of sorts that tag this bloodline every few generations, and nothing more. The last wind rider before Ororo very likely had brown eyes, and brown hair. Andreas de Ruyter and a few of his flunkies confirmed this. It’s mentioned that Storm’s ability to channel lightning at such a young age was proof that she was more powerful than the wind rider who came before her, and de Ruyter’s pilot told a 12 year-old Ororo that that same wind rider evaded capture…30 years ago (30 minus 12 = 18). Not 80, not 70. 30. That’s not a “Grandmother’s” age range...it’s N’Dare’s. Though her alleged powers were certainly never “seen” on panel, it was clearly stated (on panel) that N’Dare rejected her role of power, because she felt that it was forced on her, and wanted to choose her own life and her own destiny....

Special Mention- N'Dare
    Special Mention- N'Dare

M= Mutants

Now this one, ya’ll already know. Lightning bolts, hurricane winds, torrential rains…Storm’s powers. A non-canon Storm (from the Black Panther Annual #1) told her son a canon story of Wakanda’s history, in which she reveals that some slavers were simply unable to counter the firepower within certain African villages…Enter this awesome chick…

No Caption Provided

Ashake also appeared to possess the power of flight in Mystic Arcana #6. However, it’s also worth noting that, even though these powers are most likely the mutant side of Storm’s heritage, the other women were unable to be tested the way that Storm was. Thus, like Selene, one must wonder where the mutant powers end, and the mystic powers begin…..which makes me jolly with glee

Feel free to use this thread to discuss Storm’s ancestry…you know…ask questions

Son Of Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By Son Of Storm

Well I feel informed!

Son Of Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Son Of Storm

You forgot about her childAzari T'Challa. :P

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@Son Of Storm said:

That little mofo nev...................................NO!

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Roddy010

Very nice Layout. I always thought Storm's royal bloodline has a lot of great story-telling potential.

Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Storm Calling

@White Mage: This is really good info, this is really the place to be if you want to know anything about Storm. I also love the fact that N'Dare had Magic. What about the ghost that Storm seen of her, that had white hair? Is it possible that she somehow concealed it?

Son Of Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Son Of Storm

@White Mage said:

@Son Of Storm said:

That little mofo nev...................................NO!

LMAO!

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@Storm Calling said:

@White Mage: This is really good info, this is really the place to be if you want to know anything about Storm. I also love the fact that N'Dare had Magic. What about the ghost that Storm seen of her, that had white hair? Is it possible that she somehow concealed it?

..................................................My God

I love Storm's face, for 1

for 2, Because N'Dare's hair was long and straight (but also black), I can't help but wonder if she had white hair and comoflouged it, or if she just looks like her hair might be white since the image is more ghostly than color-y....It's definitely another theory that I have no intentions of ruling out.lol

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@Roddy010 said:

Very nice Layout. I always thought Storm's royal bloodline has a lot of great story-telling potential.

Thanks Roddy! And I TOTALLY agree...............ya'll know I'm obsessed with her priestess side

Son Of Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Son Of Storm

@White Mage said:

@Storm Calling said:

..................................................My God

I love Storm's face, for 1

for 2, Because N'Dare's hair was long and straight (but also black), I can't help but wonder if she had white hair and comoflouged it, or if she just looks like her hair might be white since the image is more ghostly than color-y....It's definitely another theory that I have no intentions of ruling out.lol

Glammer spell.

Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Storm Calling

@White Mage: I can't help but think that if her hair was black we would be able to tell. I think it may be white considering the black in her robes actually does show a darker definition than her hair; which suggest a much lighter color.

And I agree, her face looks absolutely amazing!

Did you notice the "sun god" on the sign behind her mother's ghost?

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@Storm Calling said:

@White Mage: I can't help but think that if her hair was black we would be able to tell. I think it may be white considering the black in her robes actually does show a darker definition than her hair; which suggest a much lighter color.

And I agree, her face looks absolutely amazing!

Did you notice the "sun god" on the sign behind her mother's ghost?

THAT'S what that said!!! Oh, lord have mercy, I struggle with reading sometimes.lol

As far as the hair color goes, I vaguely recall seeing an image of N'Dare talking with David, and her hair was like reddish brown and in braids or something...........It's been a while though, so I'll have to look for that ish...............conspiracy theories are wonderful. If her hair was white, then that means I could make a very logical case for her grandmother as well (not that i can't either way)

Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Storm Calling

@White Mage: Really? Didn't know she had lighter color hair. I'll go back and see if I can find some old appearences of N'Dare with a lighter hair tone. I'd love to see more of her grandmother. It's just ridiculous how much writers have to explore with this character....

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@Storm Calling said:

@White Mage: Really? Didn't know she had lighter color hair. I'll go back and see if I can find some old appearences of N'Dare with a lighter hair tone. I'd love to see more of her grandmother. It's just ridiculous how much writers have to explore with this character....

Thank you. Again, I only remember it vaguely....but I do remember it.

THEY'VE BEEN DROPPING THE BALL FOR THE LAST 7 YEARS!! The only exception is the Annual

Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Storm Calling

@White Mage: I believe you, the theories work well either way though. I love the thought of woman of her line still acquiring the magical abilities without the traits that show up every few generations. It would make since, considering like you said, that the powers are passed down from mother to daughter.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#16  Edited By Blood1991

This was brilliantly put together. Great job White Mage.

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@Blood1991 said:

This was brilliantly put together. Great job White Mage.

Gracias!

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#18  Edited By poisonfleur

I agree- this is brilliant.

I am impressed.

It's pretty deep.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By poisonfleur

@Storm Calling said:

I want to read this..

Marvel really needs to continue cranking out Uncanny X-men Masterworks!!

I <3 them

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Blood1991

@poisonfleur: On ebay you can find classic X-Men lots for fair amounts. I've done that to fill some holes.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By poisonfleur

@Blood1991: Thanks. I will wait. I am already behind 3 volumes I am reading.

And started watching Digimon season 1. (They finally decided to release season one on dvd)

But thank you, If I get cleared up, I might just do that. :)

Son Of Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Son Of Storm

@White Mage

So do you think Marvel will actually do their research if Strorm has a kid? Because I just know we're going to see a white haired blue eyed little boy.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#23  Edited By Pyrogram

Nice post

StormyWeather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 12

#24  Edited By StormyWeather

@Son Of Storm: thats an alternate universe

windcaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By windcaster

Isn't also possible that N'Dare could have been trained in mystic arts even if she doesn't have the added potential of performing magic? I mean we all know that her family has magical potential but they still would have to pass down their knowledge to future generations right?

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@Son Of Storm: I think they would. Hudlin did with both her ancestor, and her daughters

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@windcaster said:

Isn't also possible that N'Dare could have been trained in mystic arts even if she doesn't have the added potential of performing magic? I mean we all know that her family has magical potential but they still would have to pass down their knowledge to future generations right?

That's why I felt it was important to mention N'Dare's possible powerset. The white hair and blue eyes could also mean that a more powerful priestess/mutant has been born (speculation on my part, but it would make sense)

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By poisonfleur

OMG-- IDEA!

What if Storm had another astral plane adventure with Psylocke or so other psychic.

And she happened to bump into N'Dare again?

Maybe a return of shadow king?

I love moments where Storm connects with her family.

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Roddy010

@poisonfleur: That already happened with Jean in Xtreme....

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Roddy010

@White Mage said:

@Storm Calling said:

THEY'VE BEEN DROPPING THE BALL FOR THE LAST 7 YEARS!! The only exception is the Annual

N'Dare's hair was black in the scans above. Could be an artist mistake...

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@Roddy010 said:

@White Mage said:

@Storm Calling said:

N'Dare's hair was black in the scans above. Could be an artist mistake...

It was black in her origin story too (written by claremont)..................................I wish I could see N'Dare's story :(

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By WARLOCK2792

Yay African Women!

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By poisonfleur

@Roddy010 said:

I am aware of that.

thus why I said - another.

Thanks for the scans tho.

Astral plane adventures are the best!

Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Storm Calling

@Roddy010 said:

This should be apart of her feats as well. She seems to have a very good handle on her NDE, and the afterlife.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

@White Mage: Great work Mage :-). I soooo want a mini (if we can't have a frakkin' solo for her right now) that explores her bloodline. I am sure that her ancestors were noth the only ones to worship Oshtur but I want to know why her bloodline is favored by an elder goddess, id it the oldest bloodline there is on Marvle earth sicne it goes back to the daw nof humanity, was Ayesha a kick-ass Soceress Supreme, have Storm communicate with her ancestors (namely Ashake), explain how powerful her magical potential is (i.e. - does it go beyond SS level like Wanda's) and update us on the secret and secluded land her matrilineal family resides in now.

Son Of Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Son Of Storm

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

@White Mage: Great work Mage :-). I soooo want a mini (if we can't have a frakkin' solo for her right now) that explores her bloodline. I am sure that her ancestors were noth the only ones to worship Oshtur but I want to know why her bloodline is favored by an elder goddess, id it the oldest bloodline there is on Marvle earth sicne it goes back to the daw nof humanity, was Ayesha a kick-ass Soceress Supreme, have Storm communicate with her ancestors (namely Ashake), explain how powerful her magical potential is (i.e. - does it go beyond SS level like Wanda's) and update us on the secret and secluded land her matrilineal family resides in now.

Are we sure we want it to? That's really high considering she's already powerful. If we add that she'd actually be almost invincible.

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@Son Of Storm said:

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

Are we sure we want it to? That's really high considering she's already powerful. If we add that she'd actually be almost invincible.

They've found a way to nerf her before, they'll find a way again.lol

@Thunder: That is EXACTLY what I want

LordOfFate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By LordOfFate

When it comes to magic I'm still of the opinion that Storm is somehow connected/related to Dormammu, Umar and Clea. I still think these are the "Flames of Regency", which only appear around rulers of the Dark Dimension. I can easily see one of Storm's ancestors having a child with Dormammu.

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Roddy010

@Lord Shiva: One of my fav badass moments.

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@Lord Shiva said:

When it comes to magic I'm still of the opinion that Storm is somehow connected/related to Dormammu, Umar and Clea. I still think these are the "Flames of Regency", which only appear around rulers of the Dark Dimension. I can easily see one of Storm's ancestors having a child with Dormammu.

...................................I'm sad again, but she's so gorgeous that it balances out my sadness

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Blood1991

@White Mage said:

@Lord Shiva said:

...................................I'm sad again, but she's so gorgeous that it balances out my sadness

I was under the impression that she, Clea, and Wanda were apart of some sort of Sorceress supreme trinity.

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@Blood1991 said:

@White Mage said:

@Lord Shiva said:

I was under the impression that she, Clea, and Wanda were apart of some sort of Sorceress supreme trinity.

lol They share the "High Priestess" card equally

Wanda, Storm, and Ms. Agatha Harkness

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#43  Edited By jhazzroucher

@White Mage said:

@Blood1991 said:

@White Mage said:

@Lord Shiva said:

lol They share the "High Priestess" card equally

Wanda, Storm, and Ms. Agatha Harkness

indeed.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Blood1991

@White Mage: I knew they held some title lol.

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@Blood1991 said:

I LIVE for Mystic Arcana

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Blood1991

@White Mage said:

@Blood1991 said:

I LIVE for Mystic Arcana

Lol and Marvel has quite the interesting history with it.

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@Blood1991 said:

@White Mage said:

@Blood1991 said:

I LIVE for Mystic Arcana

Lol and Marvel has quite the interesting history with it.

I'ma need them to create a sequel ASAP............My damn Ashake article is on PAUSE

Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Storm Calling

@jhazzroucher said:

@White Mage said:

indeed.

Yes, indeed.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

@Son Of Storm said:

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

Not that I WANT it for Storm, but just to know what the potential capacity for her family's magic. Storm, Wanda and Agatha split the title of High Priestess equally, so would that mean that Storm's magic potential could be equal to Wanda's? I prefer Ororo to stick with developing her already considerable mastery or weather manipulation but I would love to have her magic potential touched on, and to what extremes it can reach.

Son Of Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Son Of Storm

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

@Son Of Storm said:

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

Not that I WANT it for Storm, but just to know what the potential capacity for her family's magic. Storm, Wanda and Agatha split the title of High Priestess equally, so would that mean that Storm's magic potential could be equal to Wanda's? I prefer Ororo to stick with developing her already considerable mastery or weather manipulation but I would love to have her magic potential touched on, and to what extremes it can reach.

I sense an excellent What-If story!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.