Follow

Stewie Griffin

Character » Stewie Griffin appears in 25 issues.

Stewie is the son of Lois and Peter Griffin, who is sometimes seen making attempts to kill his mother and take over the world. In Family Guy, Stewie has been shown to be bisexual, as he's had female lovers but often shares homosexual tendencies.

Gay or straight?

Copy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Copy

Well as many of you family guys fans know stewie had shown signs of being gay and straight. In your opinion what would you rather have him be? I heard that before the seasons got cancelled back in the 90's they were going to do the episode where stewie came out of the closet. But they never did it. So which would you rather have him as?

Copy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Copy

Ms. Invisible says:

"I don't think it would affect him or his stories in a significant way, so I wouldn't really care if he was gay or straight."

Yea, it probably wouldn't, but I was curious what people would rather have him.

zero edge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3  Edited By zero edge

I like him beating around the bush on this topic. It's funnier.

Ms. Invisible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Ms. Invisible

I don't think it would affect him or his stories in a significant way, so I wouldn't really care if he was gay or straight.

Alex Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5  Edited By Alex Prime

i think they just make him seem gay as a joke

Avatar image for midnight_lantern
    Midnight Lantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Midnight Lantern

Hmmm, He's shown signs of being "Gay" and signs of being "Straight". I think it's funnier when's he Straight.

Like the Episode were they showed him as a Pimp....

"I though you said we was goin' to the Movies'"

"Bitch, I thought I said you just stand there and be looking Fine"

That Quoute made me Laugh alot.

Gottheit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Gottheit

Oh, I thought this was asking us what we were...Nevermind, then.

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By Eternal Chaos

I don't care what Stewie is. It's funny as hell anyway.

Apparition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Apparition

Gottheit says:

"Oh, I thought this was asking us what we were...Nevermind, then."

neither question is all that interesting.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Static Shock

He's funny either way.

Ms. Invisible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#11  Edited By Ms. Invisible
    Angelic Reaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By Angelic Reaper

Static Shock says:

"He's funny either way."

I agree

Bookman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By Bookman

I have this Family Guy and The Simpsons crossover in my head, and evuntally Stewie falls in love with Maggie{the baby of the Simpsons} and she falls in love with him. I think it would be funny when Stewie talks about getting in bed. LOL!

Zenma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Zenma

stewie is more gay than straight

Assimilation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Assimilation

i'm guessing he's Bi.

Avatar image for ultimatedeadpool
    DEADPOOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By DEADPOOL

Stewie is obviously straight 'cause he has incestuous feelings for his mother (we all know it's true).

Superkitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Superkitty

Well as a baby, he seems to be bi, with more tendencies towards gay.

But in the episode in which he met his future self, when he was an adult, he seemed to be very heterosexual and normal.

The problem is that in Family Guy, the characters aren't always consistent and the jokes override characterization (in the Spring Break episode Lois will do anything for Meg, but in the episode where the psychiatrist(?) tapes their family life, Lois reads Meg's diary aloud to everyone else). Also, the "shock value" plays a factor. Many things Stewie does are to be controversial. It all depends on the joke, plot line, or shock value as to what Stewie is. Similar things could be said about Roger the Alien in American Dad, though he can do more "adult" things.

As for things like canon, who knows? Throw out the Future Stewie episode? Assume he was only that way as a baby? It seemed more of a joke to have him normal, so the writers went with it. Also, how shocking is it to have a gay adult? But I think they went with it just to surprise the audience. I find things like this annoying about Family Guy. I've seen other cartoons that regularly disregard their canon, but F.G. just fells cheap and cheaty sometimes.

As to what I'd rather have him as? It really doesn't matter much to me (though he seems better as a gay person), I'll assume, unless they change things, he'll keep straddling that line and be whatever the joke or controversy has him be. I mostly don't watch Family Guy or American Dad for the characters, (though Brian, the old evil Stewie, Hayley, Klaus, and Roger before he became totally unbearably self centered, are characters I do like)

Constantine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Constantine

zero edge says:

"I like him beating around the bush on this topic. It's funnier."

yeah

Iron Apollo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Iron Apollo

zero edge says:

"I like him beating around the bush on this topic. It's funnier."

I agree, I want it to stay Ambiguous.

Iron Apollo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Iron Apollo

Superkitty says:

"Well as a baby, he seems to be bi, with more tendencies towards gay.But in the episode in which he met his future self, when he was an adult, he seemed to be very heterosexual and normal.The problem is that in Family Guy, the characters aren't always consistent and the jokes override characterization (in the Spring Break episode Lois will do anything for Meg, but in the episode where the psychiatrist(?) tapes their family life, Lois reads Meg's diary aloud to everyone else). Also, the "shock value" plays a factor. Many things Stewie does are to be controversial. It all depends on the joke, plot line, or shock value as to what Stewie is. Similar things could be said about Roger the Alien in American Dad, though he can do more "adult" things.As for things like canon, who knows? Throw out the Future Stewie episode? Assume he was only that way as a baby? It seemed more of a joke to have him normal, so the writers went with it. Also, how shocking is it to have a gay adult? But I think they went with it just to surprise the audience. I find things like this annoying about Family Guy. I've seen other cartoons that regularly disregard their canon, but F.G. just fells cheap and cheaty sometimes.As to what I'd rather have him as? It really doesn't matter much to me (though he seems better as a gay person), I'll assume, unless they change things, he'll keep straddling that line and be whatever the joke or controversy has him be. I mostly don't watch Family Guy or American Dad for the characters, (though Brian, the old evil Stewie, Hayley, Klaus, and Roger before he became totally unbearably self centered, are characters I do like)"

I don't know about heterosexual and Normal, he hadn't had sex yet, and when he did he cried for like an hour and freaked out both before and after. he almost seemed to go from being bi as a baby then asexual as an adult.

Avatar image for ultimatedeadpool
    DEADPOOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By DEADPOOL

Superkitty says:

"Well as a baby, he seems to be bi, with more tendencies towards gay.But in the episode in which he met his future self, when he was an adult, he seemed to be very heterosexual and normal.The problem is that in Family Guy, the characters aren't always consistent and the jokes override characterization (in the Spring Break episode Lois will do anything for Meg, but in the episode where the psychiatrist(?) tapes their family life, Lois reads Meg's diary aloud to everyone else). Also, the "shock value" plays a factor. Many things Stewie does are to be controversial. It all depends on the joke, plot line, or shock value as to what Stewie is. Similar things could be said about Roger the Alien in American Dad, though he can do more "adult" things.As for things like canon, who knows? Throw out the Future Stewie episode? Assume he was only that way as a baby? It seemed more of a joke to have him normal, so the writers went with it. Also, how shocking is it to have a gay adult? But I think they went with it just to surprise the audience. I find things like this annoying about Family Guy. I've seen other cartoons that regularly disregard their canon, but F.G. just fells cheap and cheaty sometimes.As to what I'd rather have him as? It really doesn't matter much to me (though he seems better as a gay person), I'll assume, unless they change things, he'll keep straddling that line and be whatever the joke or controversy has him be. I mostly don't watch Family Guy or American Dad for the characters, (though Brian, the old evil Stewie, Hayley, Klaus, and Roger before he became totally unbearably self centered, are characters I do like)"

I agree, and I miss evil Stewie... why did they change him?!

joey1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By joey1212

He's straight but has his gay moments

Avatar image for deactivated-5f10a0c8ad118
    deactivated-5f10a0c8ad118

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

DEADPOOL said:
    "

Superkitty says:

I agree, and I miss evil Stewie... why did they change him?!

"
    Who knows...
    Avatar image for deactivated-5c9bb5509ec3c
    deactivated-5c9bb5509ec3c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thiiiiiiiiiiiiiink he's straight :P

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By NightFang3

Doesn't matter as long as he's still funny.

Aronmorales

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Aronmorales

Stewie is gay.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.