Zack Freeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 371

User Lists: 0

Edited By Zack Freeman
    No Caption Provided
    Steve Rogers races against time to prevent Machinesmith from putting the legendary Super Soldier serum on the black market. 

The Good

As a long-time Cap fan, I got special enjoyment from the treatment of Machinesmith in this issue. Brubaker not only nails the  insufferable jackass' personality, he also gives him probably the most satisfying comeuppance you can imagine. Seriously, having long been frustrated by the character's cheating immortality, I was tremendously pleased to see him thwarted in the way he was here.

The Bad

I'm ambivalent about the ending of this mini. It sets up what could be an interesting future storyline - - or even years of story lines - -  so it makes this whole four issue story basically amount to being a long prologue. Also, if they actually do go through what they're hinting at here, it'd be yet another genie of Cap's mythos to be let out of the bottle; and I'm not sure if every stone should be overturned.

The Verdict - 3.5/5

This mini is further proof that things are a lot more interesting with Bucky keeping the Cap mantle and Steve Rogers staying at the head of SHIELD. I'm sure that the status will eventually be re-established (just as the Super-Soldier serum will eventually be duplicated) but, for the time being, this is the most interesting situation the character's been in for years
    DrKellogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By DrKellogg

flamethrower!

Eyz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Eyz

I guess the status will be reverted in time for the Captain America's movie.
    That's Marvel publishing methods, always syncronize movies with comics.
    (unlike DC who tries to distinct itself from the movies and not transform comics into advertisment for the movie, but the other way around~)

DMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By DMC

I like how this mini ends and what it's alluding to, but I'm still a bit hesitant about it. I think focusing on 1would be more interesting than creating a dozen, but we'll see.

lastdrag0n89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By lastdrag0n89
    @Eyz:  And it has done DC so well...
    starz007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By starz007

For some reason, my store did not get issues 3 and 4 of this mini...

Eyz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Eyz
    @lastdrag0n89:
    I prefer killing Batman while he's super popular in the big screen and doing original stuff with Krypton and Supes around Returns over forcing writers to move along the movies, adjust their series...It's more creative and sounds less commercial :P
    'nuff said!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.