Follow

Stephanie Brown

Character » Stephanie Brown appears in 788 issues.

Stephanie Brown is the Cluemaster's daughter. She becomes the Spoiler to "spoil" her father's criminal plots, and dated Tim Drake while he was Robin. Steph temporarily becomes Robin when Tim is forced to quit by his father. Later, she briefly resumes being Spoiler before Cassandra Cain decides to pass her the mantle of Batgirl. In the New 52 and Rebirth, she's back to being The Spoiler.

Is Spoiler showing up in Batgirl?

jsphsmth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By jsphsmth

In the recent interview that Gail Simone gave Newsarama she dropped several hints about future storylines, including "some new neighbors of interest, including one who wants to be Batgirl"

Does anybody else think that this will be Stephanie Brown?

BOPFAN#3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By BOPFAN#3

I hope it's Stephanie Brown, a lot of people talk about how she is such a terrible character and how she was a horrible Batgirl, but I think she was an amazing Batgirl and is a fascinating character. The reason she's so interesting is because although her life has been basically crap (super-villain father, teen pregnancy, "death") she manages to still be a jokester. Life's too sad to constantly be serious like Batman, and we need character's like her to show diversity because like it or not those people do exist.

Or it could be Misfit (Charlotte Gage-Radcliffe) one of the first things we ever learned about Misfit is that she wants to be Batgirl BAD! Which is funny because in a Teen Titans comic it showed her as Huntress in a Teen Titans team from the future.

jsphsmth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By jsphsmth

@BOPFAN#3: You are correct. Misfit did want want to be Batgirl and she is a Gail Simone creation. Good call.

I have been reading Steph since the 90s when Chuck Dixon created her. I have always thought that she was a great character. A lot of people do or she wouldn't have made it this far. A lot of characters created in the 90s stayed in the 90s.

BOPFAN#3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By BOPFAN#3

I had no idea she was created in the 90's, I always thought she was a character of the early 2000's, haha maybe that's why I love Steph so much, I really love the 90's. And yeah I guess a lot of people must like her, but on message boards all I hear is how Cassandra is the best Batgirl ever, and Cassie is not only an amazing Batgirl but she's an terrific character. But I love Steph a lot to, she reminds me of Barbara Gordon without the intelligence, not that Steph's mentally handicapped or anything lol she's just not a rocket scientist.

But I wonder who it would be other then Stephanie. I really doubt it's Misfit unless they're planning on drastically altering her character, she wasn't super popular. But who else really wanted to be Batgirl? I can't think of any.

soccersss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By soccersss

@BOPFAN#3 said:

I had no idea she was created in the 90's, I always thought she was a character of the early 2000's, haha maybe that's why I love Steph so much, I really love the 90's. And yeah I guess a lot of people must like her, but on message boards all I hear is how Cassandra is the best Batgirl ever, and Cassie is not only an amazing Batgirl but she's an terrific character. But I love Steph a lot to, she reminds me of Barbara Gordon without the intelligence, not that Steph's mentally handicapped or anything lol she's just not a rocket scientist.

But I wonder who it would be other then Stephanie. I really doubt it's Misfit unless they're planning on drastically altering her character, she wasn't super popular. But who else really wanted to be Batgirl? I can't think of any.

Was Stephanie Brown run as Batgirl good

BOPFAN#3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By BOPFAN#3

Yeah the first volume "Batgirl Rising" was really awesome, great art/coming of age story. The second volume "The Flood" was kind of crappy though. It just went into an undless stream of puns and had comics with Dracula's (yes multiple), and the old cliche where the villain shape shifts into the hero and a person has to choose which on to shoot. Although volume 2 did establish Team Batgirl, which was actually really interesting to see. Volume three is pretty good also, it shows where Stephanie's place is in the DCU and shows many of her connections to other characters friends as well as enemies. Definitely worth reading.

DjBest02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By DjBest02

I def. hope its Steph. She's amazing!

Batmandemon23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Batmandemon23

Well Morrison did confirm that she will return as the spoiler, but never said in which book, so it just seems more likely that she will appear in BATGIRL . Since she was batgirl :-|

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.