Follow

Stephanie Brown

Character » Stephanie Brown appears in 787 issues.

Stephanie Brown is the Cluemaster's daughter. She becomes the Spoiler to "spoil" her father's criminal plots, and dated Tim Drake while he was Robin. Steph temporarily becomes Robin when Tim is forced to quit by his father. Later, she briefly resumes being Spoiler before Cassandra Cain decides to pass her the mantle of Batgirl. In the New 52 and Rebirth, she's back to being The Spoiler.

Batgirl no more, Stephanie Brown's Batgirl has been Spoiled.

• 59 results
    Aiden Cross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

#51  Edited By Aiden Cross
    @Vance Astro: Same here, the 'new' batgirl seems to be closer to Stepanie in terms or personality than Oracle.
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#52  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @Aiden Cross said:
    @Vance Astro: Same here, the 'new' batgirl seems to be closer to Stepanie in terms or personality than Oracle.
    I'm going to try and give this New DC a chance.I'm not sure how i'll take it.I was just getting into the old DC to begin with.
    golvellius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By golvellius

Just read Batgirl #1 I might be biased since I loved Steph, but I really tried to read it objectively.  The story was good, the art was great.  But what was really unsettling was the dialogue....it was awfull... Its like they tried to make Barbara sound like Steph but didn't nail it.....I really think that Gail Simone droped the ball in this one.... every time Bab talks it feels cheesy, silly, and corny. 
    jackiehammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By jackiehammer

Honestly, Stephanie Brown was what got me into comics into the first place.

Also, what the flying crap?! Oracle is suddenly not paralyzed but Cassie and Stephanie are still dead? Am I the only one who feels cheated by this?

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#55  Edited By fodigg

@Adnan said:

@jackiehammer said:

Honestly, Stephanie Brown was what got me into comics into the first place.

Also, what the flying crap?! Oracle is suddenly not paralyzed but Cassie and Stephanie are still dead? Am I the only one who feels cheated by this?

'Spoiler' has been confirmed to be appearing in the Batman: Leviathan Strikes one-shot this december. It remains to be seen whether it's Steph or not, but I don't see why it wouldn't be her. Here's the source, for everyone that hasn't seen it yet.

Cassie's status is still up in the air I think - although, I remember Gail saying that she'd bring Steph and Cassie into her Batgirl title if no one else decides to use them...or something along those lines anyway.

I'm hoping that it is Stephanie and that she gets an upgraded costume. Something like this:

(source)

I also wouldn't mind her getting the invisibility belt back. Or sticking with the concept of thrown gadgets like her crazy batarangs in her run as Batgirl.

DjBest02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#56  Edited By DjBest02

I really like Stephanie. I just hope that they don't go Starfire on her and make her a bimbo should she ever come back.

golvellius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By golvellius

That's a great desing, and it represtens the transition between Tim Drake Robin, and Damian Robin. In the DCnU Tim did quit being robin, so it is posible to asume that maybe Batman did try to train Stephanie as Robin and somehow he was not happy with her being robin and then comes Damian. That would explain why Damian uses a cloak whit a hoodie like Steph....she made it part of the costume he know wears.....

Oasis95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Oasis95

@Telcalipoca said:

so long as steph is in the dcu doing something im happy. her character grew on me while reading batgirl.

Yeah she grown into a wonderful character to read. the writers/artist have done a amazing job with her. I hope who ever is put in charge to have her in the new 52..doesn't go back..but finds what made her grown in shape that into a whole new steph in the 52 that people well enjoy.. i will feel hurt if they just make her like before...

@fodigg
    said:

@Oasis95 said:
    @fodigg: haha thanks yeah i found it on da^_^ . the artist is a big steph and cass fan.
    I think my favorite part of that comic is the Nightwing dolly that Steph finds on Babs' desk and is playing with the rest of the comic. The whole thing is just perfect.

@Oasis95 said:
    @fodigg: But dam i just read the new issue of batgirl..so wat now..she quits because the dad knows...to protect her self family.. men thats just mess up
    I believe Tim Drake did exactly this, then his dad encouraged him to go ahead and be Robin, then his dad was murdered almost in front of Tim. Comics everybody.

yep XD i read everything. a great way to have steph fight on XD haha yeah i enjoy the whole part of the comic where she is playing with the nightwing doll. haha.

TheReader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By TheReader

Why no more ?!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.