Follow

Static

Character » Static appears in 185 issues.

Virgil Hawkins was exposed to a mutagenic gas that swept his city of Dakota, which gave him and other 'bang babies" superpowers. With the ability to control electromagnetism, Static joined the Teen Titans and continues to protect his city while serving on the team.

Does anyone else Ship Static with Frieda ?

shezowhero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Anyone else Ship Static with Frieda besides me ? The reason why I ship them is cause Frieda makes Virgil grow as a person/character. Like she help him learn not to be anti Semitic and homophobic. She gives him good advice when he needs help stopping villains. They have a good friendship. A good relationship starts with a good friendship. They have a strong bond but mostly because she's the only girl he's really super close to. They are best friends so they are super close to each other. They just fit really well to together. They have good chemistry together. Virgil's crush on her in the beginning of the comic series and the first episode of the show was cute. She's clearly meant to be Static's main love interest and all his other love interests are detour love interests since they didn't last long and Virgil and Frieda get together in Milestone Forever and that's suppose to be the ending to the Milestone universe. Anyone else ship them together besides me ?

StatFan201

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I like their relationship because it doesn't follow the typical superhero-love interest dynamic. Typically the superhero gains the affections of the love-interest as soon after the love interest meets them or finds out their true identity, but that doesn't happen with Virgil and Frieda. Frieda remains faithful to Larry and doesn't view Virgil any differently as Static. She calls him out when he needs it and also makes no indication that she sees him as more than a friend for almost the entirety of the original Milestone run. It is only after a long time that she begins to return his feelings and enters a relationship with him off-panel. The subverted expectations with them was a breath of fresh air to me.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.