Follow

Static

Character » Static appears in 185 issues.

Virgil Hawkins was exposed to a mutagenic gas that swept his city of Dakota, which gave him and other 'bang babies" superpowers. With the ability to control electromagnetism, Static joined the Teen Titans and continues to protect his city while serving on the team.

DC neglecting Milestone and other properities for Batman?

Avatar image for staticdwanyemcduffie
    StaticDwanyeMcduffie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I know that Milestone 2.0 is coming which is amazing! I feel that before Milestone 2.0, DC honestly neglected other properties for Batman or Batman-type characters. what is your opinion on this?

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes.

DC is less willing to take chances with many characters. And when they do they often do a half assed job and when things fall over, they just give up.

StatFan201

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By StatFan201

@staticdwanyemcduffie: It doesn't help that Milestone has a tendency to let interest dry up by not not releasing information about their projects. We haven't heard anything since ComiCon and that's been nearly three months. I'm getting tired of waiting. There's only so long you can ride the coattails of the anticipation of hardcore fans before even they lose some interest or worse don't even remember there are projects in the works.

Avatar image for staticdwanyemcduffie
    StaticDwanyeMcduffie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@statfan201: Now that you said that reminds me. We were promised a Static Webseries with Jaden Smith what happened to that? I hate Jaden Smith rather have Tyler James William.

It's nice to meet one of the OP Static fans on comicvine.

scbetton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah I've been trying to stay tuned for more milestone news, the fact that they are keeping us in the dark instead of generating more hype is irritating me. They could have released their past comics for digital download while we wait for the reboot. Put out more toys, etc. really market it so we can be interested and they will rack up more sales that way.

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 48

@scbetton: Or they could give us a sneak preview of what's to come.

scbetton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@black_claw: Exactly, we don't have anything else to be excited about. We don't know exactly which titles are coming out, the creative teams behind them or cover art as well. As far as anything all I know is Jim lee, Geoff johns, Christopher priest, and ken lashley are confirmed on some of the books. That's an amazing way to start.

Sommie7890

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Sommie7890

This why I will never sell my characters or comic to DC.

Most of characters that they buy end up being neglected or they do not doing well.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.