Starfire and Jason Todd make a great couple

ladylove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By ladylove

Who do you think Starfirefuture/new love interest should be?

Personally, I'm liking Starfire and Jason Todd, and think they’ll make a great couple. I’m a Dick and Kory shipper just like anybody else, but we can’t keep ignoring the fact that at times dick doesn’t understand Kory’s background as a warrior, which goes back to their time on The New Teen Titans Vol 1. Where at times he made her feel bad for her views on killing, or treat her like a child. To which she have said before; I’m smart just like anyone else but somethings are hard to understand due to her coming from another planet. Something along these lines. I don’t remember which comics these are in, if someone knows could you please find them and add them to the thread, or in your reply. I’ll greatly appreciate it.

In the red hood and the outlaw Vol 1. In issue 6, we learn that Jason and starfire didn’t sleep together, in fact they spent the night just talking and opening up to each other. Kory gives Jason excellent advice and never once judge him, and the same when he found out she was lying about her memories. P.I. Kory never had a short attention span. Kory also reminds Jason of himself, with others always thinking of him as the black sheep of the bat-family. Sure, in some ways he is, but in others Jason is just as good and highly skilled as any of the robins. I think one of the reason why Jason and Kory didn’t start anything has to do with dick, I think this is after The Teen Titans broke up before becoming The New Titans, or when they all lost their memories in Titans Hunt, I’m not sure. I think; Jason doesn’t like the idea of someone who can read him well, maybe he’s afraid that one day they might leave him. Which is something that Kory will never do, but she will never put herself in a situation whereshe shouldn’t be in, despite what the Bat writers wants you to believe.

Jason thoughts. “It’s a load of bull to think of friendship and romance as being different, they’re not they’re just variation of the same love variation on the same desire to be close. And now there is someone out there who knows me, Dammit.” Which brings me to my point: Kory and Jason would be one of those couple who support each other’s and will always have each other backs no matter what. Jason also reflects on how smart Starfire is: space kitty who smarter than anyone gives her credit for. He said this weeks or days after meeting her. Plus, Starfire did save his life using Tamaran technology. This also shows that starfire has medical skills, and knows a lot about alien technology. If future writers could explore more on this side of Kory’s background instead of over sexualizing her, they could bring Kory back to how she originally was, before the New 52 and Rebirth Happened. Showing how much of a bad ass she truly is.

P.I., I may decide to do another thread on how great starfire is; showing Starfire best moments in comics. What do you think?

Please remember to be respectful to others even if you don't agree with them. Also, I'm new here and I don't know how to add pictures yet, could someone take me through the steps. Thanks.

Red Hood and the Outlaws Vol. 1 #6, Which should have come before issue 1

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Red Hood and The Outlaw Issue #32

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.