Should Starfire get her own mini/series?

titansfan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By titansfan01

Titans was the first book I followed back in the 80's and Starfire has become my favorite character from that series. Raven and Cyborg have received the miniseries treatment...so should Starfire get her own miniseries or series? I've racked my brain for a good storyline but have come up with naught. Therefore what are your thoughts on the subject and what would be a good plotline?

Gylan Thomas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By Gylan Thomas

Will it be good?

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By The_Ghostshell

I'd stare at the pictures, I mean read it...

Avatar image for black_lantern_mar_vell
Black Lantern Mar-vell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

@Gambler:
Same here!  At least we know it would sell.
jagged glass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5  Edited By jagged glass

I see potential in a miniseries... uhm, not in that way. Starfire, apart from her adventures during 52, has had very little character development other than the odd conflict on Tamaran or in the Vega System, or fighting her bitter sister. I'd like to see a story where something more is added. In particular, I'd like to explore how she remains strong and positive despite enduring horrific treatment at the hands of the Citadel and the Psions, a point that I don't think was investigated. A normal person would have gone insane or suicidal, but she hung in there and ultimately had the last laugh.  
There must be something more to add to the table here.
extrememage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By extrememage

i think it would be good. she is pretty kickass
zero man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By zero man

yes she needs one

Avatar image for deactivated-5a77aa5e0a324
deactivated-5a77aa5e0a324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It should happen.

daken_2513

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By daken_2513
@titansfan01:
i like ur avarar pic and yeah starfire can have her own mini
X-23_2513

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By X-23_2513

Yeah i would buy it.
ForbushBug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By ForbushBug
@jagged glass said:
" Starfire, apart from her adventures during 52, has had very little character development "
She looks pretty developed to me... </rimshot>

Seriously, the character does have tons of potential. Kory can do both cosmic and more down to Earth adventures. She's almost like how Power Girl was until recently... well liked, always in something or another, but never a major player. A solo series could do wonders.
Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

#12  Edited By Son_of_Magnus

I would get it

Mediant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#13  Edited By Mediant

I'd definitely be interested. She's more interesting than most of the heroes with their own series.

WW-Fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#14  Edited By WW-Fan

i think so :)
Sinestro2828

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Sinestro2828

I'd LOVE to see Starfire get her own series or miniseries, she's by far one of the the toughest and most interesting of DC's heroines (way cooler than Wonderwoman in my book).  I could see her in all sorts of different scenarios, for example, with the Vega System no longer off limits to the green lanterns I imagine that the criminals of Vega have become quite desperate and aggressive, and since Vega is her home galaxy I could see her facing off against all manner of supervillains, including her old foes the Psions, Gordanians, Citadelians, and her arch nemesis Blackfire, to newer baddies like the Sinestro Corps and Agent Orange.  She definitely deserves at least one storyline where she is the main character and gets a chance to shine without her titan & justice league allies tagging along.

justice teen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By justice teen

ya but not before donna
Feliciano2040

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#17  Edited By Feliciano2040
@Mediant: Indeed, at the very least she should be given a chance with a mini-series.
WonderHunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By WonderHunter

@jagged glass said:

I see potential in a miniseries... uhm, not in that way. Starfire, apart from her adventures during 52, has had very little character development other than the odd conflict on Tamaran or in the Vega System, or fighting her bitter sister. I'd like to see a story where something more is added. In particular, I'd like to explore how she remains strong and positive despite enduring horrific treatment at the hands of the Citadel and the Psions, a point that I don't think was investigated. A normal person would have gone insane or suicidal, but she hung in there and ultimately had the last laugh. There must be something more to add to the table here.

@Mediant said:

I'd definitely be interested. She's more interesting than most of the heroes with their own series.
Avatar image for smart_dork_dude
Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Smart_Dork_Dude

Only if she's like this

Loading Video...

Yeah this is my personal favorite version of Starfire. Anything else? Yeah nowhere near as likable for me

WonderHunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By WonderHunter

@Smart_Dork_Dude: but her personality is based in the original. I don't know where do you read her, but she's as sweet as this one and i have proofs! xDDDD .... No, but really, i respect your opinion, this one is more calm, less sexual, more suitable for children... and less warrior, thing that frustrated me in her fight scenes >:c But i do like her in almost all her appearances :)

Avatar image for fuchsia_nightingale
Fuchsia_Nightingale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

Yes.

Humanoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Humanoid

She's been pretty great in Red Hood and the Outlaws, so I doubt she needs any more exposure.

Crash_Recovery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Crash_Recovery

No.

I can't imagine the cost of producing that book ever being matched by sales.

Avatar image for smart_dork_dude
Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Smart_Dork_Dude

@WonderHunter: I'm talking compared to modern Starfire and even more so with New 52 Starfire, TT Starfire is the superior character to me.

WonderHunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By WonderHunter

@Smart_Dork_Dude: Hum, yeah. New 52 Starfire don't convince me.... not entirely, at least. They put her a few new cool things, but the writing doesn't work for me. But i have faith with the new writer.

Avatar image for fallen_crippled
Fallen_Crippled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Fallen_Crippled

I would buy it. Of course she is hot, but she has a nice background stories, unique powers, and.... is hot.

Avatar image for teamunitednerds
TeamUnitedNerds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 7

#27  Edited By TeamUnitedNerds

I'm not sure if there would be an awful lot to work with, but it could work, potentially. I think it would be better if they handled her like they did Roy Harper, Deadman, and Kid Flash. Just give her a few issues in DC Presents. It would be absurd to think that we'll get any more of her considering how garbage Red Hood and the Outlaws are. And, Green Lantern has made made me more interesting in sci-fi stories, so it could be potentially good. Not sure who they'd get to write her though. Geoff Johns or Gail Simone, maybe?

wessaari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

User Lists: 7

#28  Edited By wessaari

@TeamUnitedNerds said:

I'm not sure if there would be an awful lot to work with, but it could work, potentially. I think it would be better if they handled her like they did Roy Harper, Deadman, and Kid Flash. Just give her a few issues in DC Presents. It would be absurd to think that we'll get any more of her considering how garbage Red Hood and the Outlaws are. And, Green Lantern has made made me more interesting in sci-fi stories, so it could be potentially good. Not sure who they'd get to write her though. Geoff Johns or Gail Simone, maybe?

the next DC presents is actually about her

akbogert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 31

#29  Edited By akbogert

Indeed, the new DC Presents will be a Starfire feature (and the Arsenal one was likeable enough, so I'm optimistic).

But frankly, I don't really think she needs a mini or a series. RHatO is a very small cast book, and I think seeing as the first arc focused on Jason, and the second arc focused on Kori, and after DotF stuff is over the next arc seems to be focusing on Roy, the book is doing a good job of making sure none of the three leads feels like a back-up character. So being a focus 1/3 of the time and being important the rest of the time, I think RHatO serves as a perfectly decent Starfire story vehicle. And insomuch as having her solo or join a different team would likely mean breaking up this one, I would be against it.

nj06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would love for Starfire to get her own mini-series as I feel she has a ton of potential as a character. I would love to see a mini showcasing her past, focusing on her fighting slavery throughout the cosmos. I like the idea of her being a famous hero/warrior throughout the Vega System.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f
deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

Yes. But she would have a good writer on her solo. But of course i could imagine groups or solo would appeal to bigger audience.

WonderHunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By WonderHunter

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.