Follow

Starfire

Character » Starfire appears in 2171 issues.

Formerly warrior Princess Koriand'r of the now-destroyed planet Tamaran, Starfire found a new home on Earth and a new family in the Teen Titans. She was once romantically involved with Dick Grayson, and often dealt with hostilities from her older sister Blackfire. Starfire has also served with many other teams such as the Outsiders, Justice League, R.E.B.E.L.S. and Jason Todd's Outlaws.

Nightwing and Starfire My favorite DC Couple

ginevey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ginevey

as an asian fan i first had no idea about the dc universe or anything about the dc comics since i'm not from the us it wasn't until the 2003 teen titans cartoon show that i got introduce to the dc universe. I fell in love with Robstar's relationship, especially after they finally became a couple in the show's movie TROUBLE IN TOKYO. i find their relationship really slow burn, interesting, lovable, relatable and healthy. Robin was close to becoming a batman 2. 0., he was obsessive, serious , stern and he highly believed that a hero is all he can be , but Starrfire helped him realized that there's more to life than just fighting crime, she helped him open up with his emotions, and in so many ways. Starfire is bubbly and lighthearted and she cools him down, and Robin is a great councilor, and adviser whenever starfire is depressed , down or insecure, He was always there to comfort, encourage and make her feel better, he also teaches her about Earthling ways whenever Starfire gets curious. Their relationship is like day/night, light/dark. They balance each other out. They're good and healthy for each other..

until I started to get curious about their relationship in the comics.

I went on the internet and started searching for nightwing and starfire and i saw a bunch of batgirl and nightwing comic panels, i was shocked, confused, i thought he was with starfire? they were a couple in the animated show, and in the DCAMU , their relationship was even mentioned in the injustice videogame, why is he being paired with barbara in the comics? why did he leave starfire, cheat on her, tell her that he's no longer in love with her . who made and wrote these comic panels and why did dc destroy the Nightwing and Starfire relationship in favor of Batgirl? My mind was filled with questions it was hard being a Robstar/Dickkory fan when you realize there are a bunch of writers who love to shit on your ship so they can feel better about their ship which to me is petty.

After doing a lot of research I learned that there are many different universes in the dcuniverse..and not all dc universes he and starfire ended up seperated and broken. I realized that the universes that he and starfire are together or are currently each others love interest( Teen titans cartoon show, Teen Titans Go, DCAMU, Injustice Videogame) are not on the same timeline and continuity with the comics. They are completely different versions and adaptations which I am glad because i really thought that the comics is the continuation of their relationship in the cartoon shows and animated movies.

There are also comic universes where he and starfire ended up together, got married and even have a son and a daughter together, which are Kingdom Come, Nightwing New Order and the New Teen Titans Convergence Comic. and that made me happy so much

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

ginevey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By ginevey

but i still got curious why they broke up in the main comic continuity , I was very hurt and upset as a dickkory shipper. It's hard watching Starfire being treated and written like this, there's no way the real dick grayson would break her heart , I realized that it actually happened because of the WRITERS. and it's not kory or Dick's fault. It was the writing and writers that destroyed, downgraded, and humiliated the ship. after doing a lot of research a couple of Nightwing and Starfire posts helped answer all my questions.

https://amp.reddit.com/r/DCcomics/comments/9g6u76/dick_graysonnightwing_and_koriandrstarfire

https://amp.reddit.com/r/Nightwing/comments/5zz3jr/why_did_nightwing_choose_babs_over_starfire/

https://www.reddit.com/r/comicbooks/comments/9i6k3t/addressing_misconceptions_about_the_dickkory/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

https://rickmortyye.tumblr.com/post/185195891156/i-really-love-it-when-fans-expose-the-truth

I realized that those heartbreaking panels were actually a bunch of retcons made by the batman domain to diminish the Nightwing and Starfire Relationship in favor of Boosting his relationship with Barbara Gordon. .

Nightwing and Starfire were never intented to break up, the original plan was for them to get married and have a happy ending after decades of dating in The New Teen Titans/New Titans run. Their marriage could have been sucessful if the batman domain didnt take over control of Dick's char and interfered in their relationship.

https://www.cbr.com/titans-flash-nightwing-starfire-no-marriage/

http://www.titanstower.com/nightwing-mini-series-plans-1991/

I also found out that Barbara was originally 7 years older than dick grayson. She was 25. He was 18. She also used to be a congresswoman who was engaged to a man named Jason Bard and had no serious relationship with Dick Grayson whatsoever she wasn't the "only woman dick grayson truly loved , It was always her , Starfire was just the fling" that the batman writers like to portray her after the retcon. Sure dick had a crush on her but it never got serious Barbara was older than him and she was busy with her career the Whole time. And Dick never once mentioned Barbara's name in the whole new teen titans and new titans run, there was no serious relationship. and so they went on their lives Barbara got enganged to Jason Bard and Dick moved on to kory and developed a meaningful adult relationship that even lasted for more than 10 years freaking years.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Babs is definitely a lot older than Dick , I guess she's closer to Batman's age than Dick's , she even went on a blind date with Superman.

http://slaymonstrobot.blogspot.com/2011/01/time-superman-and-batgirl-went-on-blind.html?m=1

ginevey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ginevey

Given the history of Dick's character, the original analogy would be that Batgirl was the childhood crush and Starfire was the woman he met and fell in love in a serious way after he moved out of Gotham and joined the Teen titans. It was not until that

The Batdomain took back Nightwing's character from Marv Wolfman (NTT Writers)

Aged barbara gordon down to be dick's love interest in the comics from 7 years to only 1-2 years older than him after a batman cartoon show made them a thing.

Retconned Nightwing and Starfire's relationship and history, erase and Diminished Starfire's importance to Dick's character , made a lot poor retcons that made it seem like starfire was just a meaningless slut who got in the way of Nightwing and Barbara Gordon's relationship to make Nightwing and Batgirl shine.

that it turned into "It has always been Barbara Gordon, He was just trying to keep busy with Starfire while waiting for Barbara to finally date him, Starfire was just a placeholder, , he always comes back to Barbara ,she was his one true lovr."

This is where I realized how shitty and biased the batman domain are shitty, unfair and biased they are when it comes to Nightwing and Barbara.

The thing is The Batgirl and Nightwing relationship was a petty and nasty relationship.It was built on lies and retcons at the expense of Starfire and her relationship with Dick. It can't stand on its own. They have to ignore and put down his relationship with Kory so they can justify their relationship.

I have never seen a pairing shitting on another pairing in order it could be deemed acceptable and one of true love. Chuck Dixon and the other Batdomain writers retconned Marv Wolfmans writing (the New Teen Titans/ New Titans writer)

and wrote that Nightwing cheated on starfire with babs on the night before the wedding even though Marv didn't write that in the New Titans comic, they also made dick say it was barbara above the others out of nowhere

They also made someone say that " Barbara Was the only woman Dick Grayson ever truly loved" which contradicts Nightwing and Starfire's relationship and their history. They really think Barbara is superior and above the other women.

I also saw a comic panel where they made batman say snide comments about starfire , having him say to babs "Dick still loves you , the thing with the alien won't last"

and they also made a nightwing and batgirl wedding au comic where they used Starfire to prop up dick and barbara. It's so petty

Apart from this, they don't allow Nightwing to have a meaningful, decent interaction /conversation/moment with Starfire , Starfire and Nightwing have no connection in his comic books, her importance to his char is not acknowledged, they barely interact even though she was his canon longterm girlfriend, and if they do they just use it as an oppurtunity to make Nightwing treat Starfire like shit so they can feel better about him and Barbara.

That's why it seems like Batgirl and Nightwing have more stronger bond and relationship in the modern dc comic books because the batman domain allows Batgirl to be always present his life unlike Starfire they don't. Starfire is never allowed to have a modern Comic book with Nightwing.

And because of this I can say that Nightwing and Starfire is a more well written relationship they've never said or done anything bad to Barbara or her relationship with Dick so they can exist.

This is the issue That needs to be fix by DC. Stop ignoring, downgrading, diminishing, putting down Starfire's importance and relationship with dick grayson so you can elevate Nightwing and Batgirl. Nightwing and Batgirl should stand on its own without using Starfire. I understand that not every universe Starfire and nightwing will always end up together but if you want to break them up you can write and handle their break up in a way that it doesn't diminish his relationship with starfire.

write in a way that they can't be together NOT because dick is no longer in love or because he cheated on her or because he loves barbara more.

That is Cruel, unfair to Starfire who did nothing but remained loving , faithful and loyal to Dick , She was never the meaningless slut. Barbara was never his one and only true love. Nightwing and Starfire's relationship suffered a lot of misconception, humiliation and derogatory comments because of all the shiity retcons and comics the batman domain has made, i've already seen more than enough Nightwing and Barbara fans calling Starfire a slut and her relationship with dick Only sexual and lust. I really hope someday that a decent comic writer will give Starfire the justice she deserves , someone who could respect , acknowledge and portray her relationship with dick properly.They deserve a modern comic book. Starfire doesn't deserve all this shit being thrown on her.

ginevey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And since I've also seen a lot of official Nightwing articles on the internet where they stated that Nightwing broke up with Starfire because he never truly loved her or because her feelings for him was never reciprocated which are a bunch of lies to humiliate their relationship and make it less important and meaningful just all the shitty occ retcons that the batman domain made to make the dick and barbara relationship look better. i'm going to post a lot of comic panels that prove that they're not true at all.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

ginevey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ginevey
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

ginevey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

ginevey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

ginevey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ginevey
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

ginevey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

ginevey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

ladylove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love dick and Kory there alway have and always will be; the OG. Lol

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.