First Look at Interior Art of DCnU Starfire

  • 88 results
  • 1
  • 2
Avatar image for mercy_
#1 Posted by Mercy_ (94916 posts) - - Show Bio

Bring on the fan service.   

 

No Caption Provided
Seriously though...how do her boobs even stay in? That does NOT look comfortable. 
Avatar image for aiden_cross
#2 Posted by Aiden Cross (15726 posts) - - Show Bio

I seriously LOVE the art. I'm most definitely picking this up!
Avatar image for mercy_
#3 Posted by Mercy_ (94916 posts) - - Show Bio
@Aiden Cross: The art is absolutely gorgeous, I'll give you that. 
Avatar image for ragdollpurps
#4 Posted by ragdollpurps (16890 posts) - - Show Bio

She looks so pretty! And I'm loving how expressive Jason's face is despite the mask. 

Avatar image for mercy_
#5 Posted by Mercy_ (94916 posts) - - Show Bio

I think her straps and gauntlets (or whatever the hell they are) are covering more surface area than her actual clothes. 

Avatar image for aiden_cross
#6 Posted by Aiden Cross (15726 posts) - - Show Bio

Personally, I like her costume =) 
 
Is it practical in battle? No. But it's comics so who cares  :p
Avatar image for mercy_
#7 Posted by Mercy_ (94916 posts) - - Show Bio

You don't count. 

Avatar image for aiden_cross
#8 Posted by Aiden Cross (15726 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress: I know my opinion is too awesome for you to comprehend. But try to keep up :P
Avatar image for mercy_
#9 Posted by Mercy_ (94916 posts) - - Show Bio

Right. Your delusionality has finally sunk in. 

Avatar image for mrseaman70
#10 Posted by MrSeaman70 (315 posts) - - Show Bio

Argghh.. Starfire ! You're hair's on fire...
Avatar image for aiden_cross
#11 Posted by Aiden Cross (15726 posts) - - Show Bio

That's a mighty big word for you.
Avatar image for mercy_
#12 Posted by Mercy_ (94916 posts) - - Show Bio

-___- I'm going to bed now. You're a jerk. 

Avatar image for aiden_cross
#13 Posted by Aiden Cross (15726 posts) - - Show Bio

I WIN!

Avatar image for mercy_
#14 Posted by Mercy_ (94916 posts) - - Show Bio

How wonderfully exciting for you. This must be the high point of your day. 

Avatar image for aiden_cross
#15 Posted by Aiden Cross (15726 posts) - - Show Bio

Not really, but i'm sure it is for you :P

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
#16 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (18062 posts) - - Show Bio

one look at that page and i can already tell she's going to sleep with Jason.
Avatar image for mercy_
#17 Posted by Mercy_ (94916 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh my god. You're so clever. I can barely contain my undying adoration for toe banterous wit.

Avatar image for mercy_
#18 Posted by Mercy_ (94916 posts) - - Show Bio

*your

Avatar image for aiden_cross
#19 Posted by Aiden Cross (15726 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress said:
Oh my god. You're so clever. I can barely contain my undying adoration for toe banterous wit.

Thank you =)  
Of course you're more than welcome to make me a sandwich to repay me for my services.
Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
#20 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (18062 posts) - - Show Bio
@Aiden Cross
@The Dark Huntress: 

do i have to put you two in time out?
Avatar image for xerox_kitty
#21 Posted by xerox_kitty (17342 posts) - - Show Bio

Top Cow art on DC's alien fan-service queen... *yawn*

Avatar image for fodigg
#22 Posted by fodigg (6244 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty said:
Top Cow art on DC's alien fan-service queen... *yawn*
Yeup. 
 
I wouldn't mind the fan-service quality of the character if they didn't resort to the chainmail bikini. There are other ways to be sexy than stuffing her into an impossible swimsuit and calling it traditional warrior's garb.
Avatar image for yumulu
#23 Posted by Yumulu (764 posts) - - Show Bio

To be fair the fan-service is pretty mild judging by the character history.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
#24 Posted by deactivated-5c6600594117e (22316 posts) - - Show Bio

Me gusta.
Avatar image for cbishop
#25 Posted by cbishop (15574 posts) - - Show Bio

Okay, I think I got it from context, but because I'm always on the lookout for a new term, would someone please define "fan-service" for me?  An old guy would appreciate it. :)

Avatar image for grand_master
#26 Posted by Grand Master (48 posts) - - Show Bio
@Aiden Cross said:
Personally, I like her costume =)  Is it practical in battle? No. But it's comics so who cares  :p
Avatar image for catpanexe
#27 Posted by CATPANEXE (9505 posts) - - Show Bio

I still like it. It looks like Starfire without needing to tell me it is, and iconic.
Were her costume not stringy in the first place I might see it, but it just looks like
a variant of her costume.
the ass shot is a bit fanwanked though, but if it's making
someone out there smile more power to that?
Art reminds me of Top Cow, very sharp stuff and better than the cover.

Avatar image for mercy_
#28 Posted by Mercy_ (94916 posts) - - Show Bio

I love how all the guys are totally into it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
#29 Posted by deactivated-5c6600594117e (22316 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress said:
I love how all the guys are totally into it.

We can't help it.
Avatar image for cattlebattle
#30 Posted by cattlebattle (17735 posts) - - Show Bio

She still looks naked, that poor girl needs some clothes
 
great artwork though

Online
Avatar image for mrseaman70
#31 Posted by MrSeaman70 (315 posts) - - Show Bio

How do her boobs not spill out from her outfit ? Ask Vampirella and you will know how.. Her outfit is even more mind boggling.. LOL
Avatar image for illituracy
#32 Posted by iLLituracy (13582 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress said:
Seriously though...how do her boobs even stay in? That does NOT look comfortable. 
Tamaranian physiology. F*ck physics.
Avatar image for mercy_
#33 Posted by Mercy_ (94916 posts) - - Show Bio
@iLLituracy said:
@The Dark Huntress said:
Seriously though...how do her boobs even stay in? That does NOT look comfortable. 
Tamaranian physiology. F*ck physics.
Thank you for reaffirming my point :)
Avatar image for illituracy
#34 Posted by iLLituracy (13582 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress said:
@iLLituracy said:
@The Dark Huntress said:
Seriously though...how do her boobs even stay in? That does NOT look comfortable. 
Tamaranian physiology. F*ck physics.
Thank you for reaffirming my point :)
... 
 
Dick x Starfire is da bestest.
Avatar image for mercy_
#35 Posted by Mercy_ (94916 posts) - - Show Bio
@iLLituracy said:
@The Dark Huntress said:
@iLLituracy said:
@The Dark Huntress said:
Seriously though...how do her boobs even stay in? That does NOT look comfortable. 
Tamaranian physiology. F*ck physics.
Thank you for reaffirming my point :)
...  Dick x Starfire is da bestest.
:) 
 
Yes. Starfire loves dick. We know. 
Avatar image for mrseaman70
#36 Posted by MrSeaman70 (315 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree with you lot. Starfire really loves dick :)
Avatar image for ryu_talkative_batman
#37 Posted by ryu_talkative_batman (150 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress said:
Bring on the fan service.   

 
No Caption Provided
Seriously though...how do her boobs even stay in? That does NOT look comfortable. 
Your a woman, you tell us how her boobs would stay in her costume
Avatar image for curbsideprophet
#38 Posted by CurbsideProphet (1909 posts) - - Show Bio

Everyone just loves to pick on Dark Huntress

Avatar image for illituracy
#39 Posted by iLLituracy (13582 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress said:
@iLLituracy said:
@The Dark Huntress said:
@iLLituracy said:
@The Dark Huntress said:
Seriously though...how do her boobs even stay in? That does NOT look comfortable. 
Tamaranian physiology. F*ck physics.
Thank you for reaffirming my point :)
...  Dick x Starfire is da bestest.
:)  Yes. Starfire loves dick. We know. 
SUCH FOUL LANGUAGE.  
Avatar image for mercy_
#40 Posted by Mercy_ (94916 posts) - - Show Bio
@ryu_talkative_batman: The entire point is that they wouldn't. It's purely fan service.  
 
@CurbsideProphet said:
Everyone just loves to pick on Dark Huntress
Nothing new :) 
 
@iLLituracy: Oh my god, I'm so scared. /sarcasm
Avatar image for _marco_smith_
#41 Posted by _Marco_Smith_ (1614 posts) - - Show Bio

We could have a few other comic women in this discussion.

Avatar image for illituracy
#42 Posted by iLLituracy (13582 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress: You're lucky I'm so fond of you...
Avatar image for mercy_
#43 Posted by Mercy_ (94916 posts) - - Show Bio
@iLLituracy said:
@The Dark Huntress: You're lucky I'm so fond of you...
Screenshots
Avatar image for mrseaman70
#44 Posted by MrSeaman70 (315 posts) - - Show Bio

Here's a better question, with so little clothes covering her... How does Starfire even protect herself if she was being shot at with a gattling gun or a really wide beam shot ?

Avatar image for westlife
#45 Posted by Westlife (1806 posts) - - Show Bio
@cbishop: From Wikipedia/Urban dictionary:
 
 "Fan service is a term originating from anime and manga fandom for material in a series which is intentionally added to please the audience. In general, fan service refers to scenes designed to excite or titillate the viewer. This can include scantily-clad outfits, cleavage shots, panty shots, nude scenes (shower scenes especially), etc. Some broader definitions also include things like cool mecha, big explosions, battle scenes, etc. Basically, if it has little plot-redeaming value, but makes the viewer sit up and take notice, it's probably fan service in one form or another."
Avatar image for curbsideprophet
#46 Posted by CurbsideProphet (1909 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress
I'll never pick on you. You seem to have stress, no offesse. Ever taken a spa day?
Avatar image for caligula
#47 Posted by Caligula (12660 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress said:
Bring on the fan service.   

 
No Caption Provided
Seriously though...how do her boobs even stay in? That does NOT look comfortable. 
never seen any bondage queen outfits I take it? Latex is magic :D   lol.
Avatar image for illituracy
#48 Posted by iLLituracy (13582 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress said:
@iLLituracy said:
@The Dark Huntress: You're lucky I'm so fond of you...
Screenshots
I could spend all day talking about how fond I am of you and still you wouldn't have more screenshots of me than others have of you talking about how much you miss me.  ;D 
Avatar image for mercy_
#49 Posted by Mercy_ (94916 posts) - - Show Bio
@iLLituracy said:
@The Dark Huntress said:
@iLLituracy said:
@The Dark Huntress: You're lucky I'm so fond of you...
Screenshots
I could spend all day talking about how fond I am of you and still you wouldn't have more screenshots of me than others have of you talking about how much you miss me.  ;D 
There are only three...
Avatar image for illituracy
#50 Posted by iLLituracy (13582 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress said:
@iLLituracy said:
@The Dark Huntress said:
@iLLituracy said:
@The Dark Huntress: You're lucky I'm so fond of you...
Screenshots
I could spend all day talking about how fond I am of you and still you wouldn't have more screenshots of me than others have of you talking about how much you miss me.  ;D 
There are only three...
...Days are really short where I come from.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.