Follow

Starfire

Character » Starfire appears in 2171 issues.

Formerly warrior Princess Koriand'r of the now-destroyed planet Tamaran, Starfire found a new home on Earth and a new family in the Teen Titans. She was once romantically involved with Dick Grayson, and often dealt with hostilities from her older sister Blackfire. Starfire has also served with many other teams such as the Outsiders, Justice League, R.E.B.E.L.S. and Jason Todd's Outlaws.

Colorist of Red Hood and the Outlaws Speaks

movieartman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

Edited By movieartman

giving strong credit to the idea that we have all REALLY jumped the gun in regards to starfire in red hood and the outlaws

here are the words of Blond the Colorist (the colorist of Red Hood and the Outlaws) from comments he made on his deviant art too a commenter who was expressing her dismay with starfire’s portrayal in the first issue

“she’s a sensualist who experiences life differently than we do. She’s an alien. I’m already working on issue 4, and I can assure you she’s not portrayed that way in every issue. Don’t harden your opinion based on one issue, I hope you will keep reading the next 2 issues to finish the story. Issue 4 begins a new chapter with an emphasis on Starfire.”

as i have tried to explain to people The writer has a freaking plan. as far as i can see he wants to show starfire growing and progressing from the way she is in the first issue of this series

so does this info give any hope to thay who have given up hope? 

TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#1  Edited By TheCrowbar

source?

jrock85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By jrock85

They've got their work cut out for within the next three issues.

movieartman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#4  Edited By daredevil21134

I figured she wasn't gonna stay like this.But one thing I noticed is some fans love to be negative

EnSabahNurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By EnSabahNurX

@movieartman: Makes me feel better either way i wasn't dropping the title, i figured there was no way she could be like this the whole time because then there would be no character development and she'd be pointless for a writer

CATPANEXE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6  Edited By CATPANEXE

Understandable, yet, they can't blame readers for getting a bad first impression either as they're the ones that made that first impression, no?

Loki9876

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By Loki9876

lol i don't care if she's a bit um you know

that's what character growth is for

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#8  Edited By ReVamp

@CATPANEXE said:

Understandable, yet, they can't blame readers for getting a bad first impression either as they're the ones that made that first impression, no?

This.

RazzaTazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1887

User Lists: 79

#9  Edited By RazzaTazz

I think the point here is that DC promised something new and fresh, and this is not at all what a lot of fans thought they meant. 
    fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#10  Edited By fodigg

@movieartman said:

giving strong credit to the idea that we have all REALLY jumped the gun in regards to starfire in red hood and the outlaws

here are the words of Blond the Colorist (the colorist of Red Hood and the Outlaws) from comments he made on his deviant art too a commenter who was expressing her dismay with starfire’s portrayal in the first issue

“she’s a sensualist who experiences life differently than we do. She’s an alien. I’m already working on issue 4, and I can assure you she’s not portrayed that way in every issue. Don’t harden your opinion based on one issue, I hope you will keep reading the next 2 issues to finish the story. Issue 4 begins a new chapter with an emphasis on Starfire.”

as i have tried to explain to people The writer has a freaking plan. as far as i can see he wants to show starfire growing and progressing from the way she is in the first issue of this series

so does this info give any hope to thay who have given up hope?

I don't see why we're supposed to base our opinion on anything other than what is presented to us. Can they fix this in future issues? Yeah sure, but that doesn't mean it's our fault for the first issue. That we're reading it wrong or something.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#11  Edited By SC  Moderator
    @Blond the Colorist

That also being said, for all of you who did like the TNA and those of you that wanted more, and felt that there should have been more, well later issues will also include more, so you ready your wallets just the same, in issue #3 we have a wet T-Shirt contest and some Starfire on Donna Troy Girl on Girl XXX action. So if you though that issue #1 was end of the line... well don't be so hasty in giving up this issue, we can assure you even more Adult material is slippin and sliding your way. 

Also... for those that thought we were lacking in diversity... well next couple of issues will remedy that as well. So make sure you buy them... don't think issue 1 set any precedent... also? Those who who though issue one was too PC? Well do we have news for you... also if you thought anything was lacking violence, non violence, villains, heroes, banter, action, humor, animals, and so you were thinking of not getting the book? The following issues will have want you want, so you know? Probably not a good idea to stop buying.. in fact maybe buy more issues? Basically just buy buy this comic okay? 

Well, I'm convinced... 
    Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#12  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
    @SC said:
    @Blond the Colorist

That also being said, for all of you who did like the TNA and those of you that wanted more, and felt that there should have been more, well later issues will also include more, so you ready your wallets just the same, in issue #3 we have a wet T-Shirt contest and some Starfire on Donna Troy Girl on Girl XXX action. So if you though that issue #1 was end of the line... well don't be so hasty in giving up this issue, we can assure you even more Adult material is slippin and sliding your way. 

Also... for those that thought we were lacking in diversity... well next couple of issues will remedy that as well. So make sure you buy them... don't think issue 1 set any precedent... also? Those who who though issue one was too PC? Well do we have news for you... also if you thought anything was lacking violence, non violence, villains, heroes, banter, action, humor, animals, and so you were thinking of not getting the book? The following issues will have want you want, so you know? Probably not a good idea to stop buying.. in fact maybe buy more issues? Basically just buy buy this comic okay? 
      Well, I'm convinced... 
    Wait, what?
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#13  Edited By SC  Moderator
    @spiderbat87:  I'm just taking the mickey. *smile* Like you know, anyone involved with the comic, any comic, you justify and defend the product whilst also appealing to the people who didn't like the issue, to also pick up the next issue, so you basically say what you can to get people to buy the book. It can be genuine, or cynical, I guess depends on who is the person involved in the comic. 
    Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#14  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
    @SC said:
    @spiderbat87:  I'm just taking the mickey. *smile* Like you know, anyone involved with the comic, any comic, you justify and defend the product whilst also appealing to the people who didn't like the issue, to also pick up the next issue, so you basically say what you can to get people to buy the book. It can be genuine, or cynical, I guess depends on who is the person involved in the comic. 
    Ha ohh, I actually thought that was a quote you got from some place lol
    gangly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#15  Edited By gangly

@CATPANEXE said:

They can't blame readers, sure, but those readers can't fully blame them either. (yet, at least).

Being outraged at one issue of a comic (let alone a #1) is like reading the first chapter of a book and declaring, "how dare they make the characters like that!" and then promptly shutting it, and throwing it in someone's face.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

#16  Edited By Outside_85

I'm not...you dont come back for a party if you've been slugged once there already.

knighteagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By knighteagle

My thoughts exactly! Give the characters a chance!

Sinestro2828

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Sinestro2828

Well, I'm willing to give the book and its writers a chance to redeem the disappointing initial portrayal of Starfire, but if she doesn't start behaving like the Kori we know and love soon and stop acting like a forgetful space floozy then I'm probably gonna ignore future issues of this book. Star is supposed to be a team player who draws strength from her friends and loved ones, and while sexually active, is not a disenchanted swinger who can't tell her human friends apart and forget about them the next day or whatever. Part of my initial interest in seeing Starfire as an "Outlaw" in the first place was seeing how she'd cope with no longer being a legit superhero & having to deal with the scrutiny of her former allies amongst the Teen Titans, Justice League, and Outsiders, etc. I figured alot of Star's character development would involve her having to face old friends who are confused or angry over her change in crime fighting tactics, people she still cares for but who don't understand her new methods or question whether she's working with Redhood willingly...But instead we find Star not appearing to be all that conflicted at all & apparently having no memory of those dearest to her.

P.S. even if they "fix" Starfire, they'll have to work hard to convince me that Roy and Jason aren't total scumbags for sleeping with a amnesiac whom they BOTH know from their own time as Titans. Even if Star's personality and memory improves, those two aren't shaping up to be believable or likeable anti-hero protagonists when they were both so willing to take advantage of Star's memory loss for a chance in bed with her...THEY have to work extra hard to redeem themselves.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#19  Edited By daredevil21134

I wish they would just take Starfire out the damn book already,so Jason Todd fans don't have to deal with this crap

RedArsenal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By RedArsenal

This Issue ROCKS!!!!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.