SW Legends Blog Organization

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Edited By ShootingNova

This is just an organization of all my SW Legends EU blogs. Of course, I will update these lists as time goes on and I create/cancel a number of blogs. For reference, SW Legends EU is now an alternate reality from the newly established EU, which renders it something akin to Marvel's Ultimate universe.

Respect Threads

It should be obvious that I do take pleasure in making several respect threads for EU characters. I often create these for underrated characters, but I also make some for my favorites and some for no real reason at all - usually because they're easy and not too many comic or novel appearances to dig up.

Also as a note, in all of my respect threads, especially with characters with plenty of feats, I do not try to convey every single feat. The best feats are all recorded, and any other impressive feats are also taken down. I will not be posting every single paltry feat that could be replicated by anybody.

Completed/In Completion

Darth Venamis

Qui-Gon Jinn

Darth Tenebrous

Satele Shan

Meetra Surik

Kreia

Obi-Wan Kenobi

Ben Kenobi

Abeloth

Count Dooku/Darth Tyranus

Darth Bane & Orbalisk Darth Bane

Darth Malgus

Durge

Leia Organa Solo

Kavar, Vrook Lamar & Zez-Kai Ell

Atris

Vandar Tokare

Darth Sion

Darth Chratis

The Exile's Party (HK-47, T3-M4, G0-T0, Visas Marr, Mira, Atton Rand, Brianna, Mical, Bao-Dur, Canderous Ordo)

Jolee Bindo and Bastila Shan

Hero of Tython

Barsen'thor

Jorus C'baoth

Lumiya

Kenth Hamner

Saba Sebatyne

Ki-Adi-Mundi

Mace Windu

Jaina Solo Fel

Alema Rar

Vergere

Kyp Durron

Streen

Nejaa Halcyon

Mara Jade Skywalker

TPM Darth Sidious

RotS Darth Sidious

RotJ Darth Sidious

DE Darth Sidious

Luke Skywaker - Rebellion Era

The Ones of Mortis

Naga Sadow

Ludo Kressh

Dathka Graush

Marka Ragnos

Karness Muur

Remulus Dreypa

Darth Vectivus

To Be Created

These are just plans, of course, and most aren't priorities. I can't say which ones I will or won't do.

Corran Horn

Ben Skywalker

Luke Skywalker - New Jedi Order Era

Overrated/Underrated

Similar to my respect threads, but more explanations on how certain characters are overrated/underrated. I've started with Sith Lords and I'm doing them chronologically. I'll do Jedi and eventually other characters, but that'll take quite the while and I haven't organized them yet. Tulak Hord is also incredibly overrated, but he has no appearances at all and everything is just lip-service, so I don't think he even deserves a blog.

Otherwise, again, there is no confirmation I will actually create these and because the Sith tend to be the ones who are overrated or underrated, they will be my priorities.

Completed

Overrated - Darth Nihilus & Darth Sion

Overrated - Vitiate

Misconceptions

These are just created as a response to the misconceptions I see floating around in the battles forum. I might do some at random. So honestly, I can't really say I have plans to create any of them in the near future unless some misconception gets out of hand.

Created

Count Dooku vs Mace Windu

Were the Jedi Masters who accompanied Mace Windu in Chancellor Palpatine's arrest really that weak?

Obi-Wan vs Anakin

Could Darth Sidious have killed Darth Plagueis in a proper fight?

To Be Created

The only ones I can say I plan to make are:

Witches of the Mist Inconsistencies

Miscellaneous

Random blogs created for varying purposes. These will be largely subjective.

EU Reading Guide

Kreia and Arren Kae

Top Ten Sith Lords (Outdated)

Most Powerful Sith Lords

deathstroke19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

By pre TCW Grievous do you mean pre-cyborg?

And nice to see you again.... We haven't talked in a while.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

deathstroke19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By deathstroke19
    Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
    deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@shootingnova: Interesting to see you find TPM Maul underrated. Are any of those under/overrated threads in the works now?

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ShootingNova

@i_like_swords: I'll make one for Traya later. As I said, it's in chronological order.

Yeah, he's underappreciated.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shootingnova: I think I know why, but I'll stop clogging your organization thread. Look forward to future blogs.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shootingnova: You could maybe do a blog on Savage.. xD

And then I could do one. Both explaining our views on his high end feats. Just a thought, if it interests you.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords: A Witches Of The Mist blog might work. It might go in the misconceptions area.

MorganFreeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I had no idea you wrote so much about various Star Wars characters! The Old Republic era ought to be interesting reads.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@morganfreeman: Ah. My expertise tends to lie around the OR and RotE eras, so you'll see plenty of characters from there.

Avatar image for ssjdarthplagueis
    SSJDarthPlagueis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By SSJDarthPlagueis

Been think of making a Plagueis respect trend....but I'm too lazy lol!

Revan is defiantly overrated.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SSJDarthPlagueis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By ShootingNova
    @deathstroke19 said:

And thanks. How's it been going?

Sorry that I've overlooked this. I'm going fine. :D

Do you have any requests?

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ah and it's done by Silver.

I think Silver is just another excellent blog creator - he is most knowledgeable in regards to the Force itself, and that is what he personally prides himself on. You can ask him to create respect threads that he put on his "to be created" list, and when he comes back, he'll consider it. You can also ask him to make blogs addressing the Force, since that is his specialty and he's made quite a number of those blogs already.

I'm more of a character person, particularly Force users. If you have any requests for me, you can tell me here.

DC and JXM are more and liberal in regards to their blogs and are more willing to post things like reviews/rants, but they are also generally lazier and enjoy forum posting more. That said, I am under the impression that DC is beginning to create a number of respect threads - he has created a little tournament Darth Vader thread. He may consider creating some threads if you ask him, I guess. I'm not entirely sure what JXM has been up to recently.

Since you seem to like Darth Plagueis, I'm just notifying you that I do plan to make a number of Darth Plagueis-related threads in the foreseeable future. I should have at least one by the end of next week.

SSJDarthPlagueis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ssjdarthplagueis said:

Ah and it's done by Silver.

I think Silver is just another excellent blog creator - he is most knowledgeable in regards to the Force itself, and that is what he personally prides himself on. You can ask him to create respect threads that he put on his "to be created" list, and when he comes back, he'll consider it. You can also ask him to make blogs addressing the Force, since that is his specialty and he's made quite a number of those blogs already.

I'm more of a character person, particularly Force users. If you have any requests for me, you can tell me here.

DC and JXM are more and liberal in regards to their blogs and are more willing to post things like reviews/rants, but they are also generally lazier and enjoy forum posting more. That said, I am under the impression that DC is beginning to create a number of respect threads - he has created a little tournament Darth Vader thread. He may consider creating some threads if you ask him, I guess. I'm not entirely sure what JXM has been up to recently.

Since you seem to like Darth Plagueis, I'm just notifying you that I do plan to make a number of Darth Plagueis-related threads in the foreseeable future. I should have at least one by the end of next week.

I look forward to seeing the Plagueis trends you make.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shootingnova said:

@i_like_swords: A Witches Of The Mist blog might work. It might go in the misconceptions area.

Yeah, sounds good. Although it may not even be a popular enough topic to address since it's only really me.. and Erkan who you clash heads with on it. Maybe just file that idea away for a while.

Btw.. I'm coming very close to doing a whole blog on Maul vs Kenobi, or at least one covering the inconsistencies on Florrum. And I think I'd also have to cover the TPM incident there aswell. Frankly, it's tiring having users posting stuff like "Maul ran away from Obi Wan cause he was scared of losing, and was so weak he got hit by a blaster bolt" which is spawned out of complete ignorance. Frankly I think it was just a plot device to give Maul prosthetic legs. In numerous other sources including novels and comics, Maul has been portrayed as an extremely fast sprinter capable of reaching speeds up to 70mph, and consistently moves faster than blaster bolts travel.

You think it'd be good for a debut blog rant? xD

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, sounds good. Although it may not even be a popular enough topic to address since it's only real me.. and Erkan who you clash heads with on it. Maybe just file that idea away for a while.

To be honest, it should be fairly known, but whether people will bother to hunt for it is a different idea. It's not on priorities list.

Btw.. I'm coming very close to doing a whole blog on Maul vs Kenobi, or at least one covering the inconsistencies on Florrum. And I think I'd also have to cover the TPM incident there aswell. Frankly, it's tiring having users posting stuff like "Maul ran away from Obi Wan cause he was scared of losing, and was so weak he got hit by a blaster bolt" which is spawned out of complete ignorance. Frankly I think it was just a plot device to give Maul prosthetic legs. In numerous other sources including novels and comics, Maul has been portrayed as an extremely fast sprinter capable of reaching speeds up to 70mph, and consistently moves faster than blaster bolts travel.

Actually, Shadow Conspiracy offers explanations for that fight. It's relatively circumstantial (more so than inconsistent). The explanation may not be the best - but it's better than nothing.

As for TPM - when I get to him for my Underrated Sith Lords list, I'll be addressing lowballing as I should and will in all of them. At the moment, I'm still in the OR era - and you know what Sith Lords in that era are like. Fanwanked to monumental measures. There's plenty of misconceptions.

You think it'd be good for a debut blog rant? xD

Maybe, but from what I've seen, it's the least of misconceptions that I'd have to worry about. I'm always asked about top ten Sith Lords (in terms of power, not favorites), and because that can fluctuate, is always at least partially subjective, and can be difficult to create in general, it's annoying to continuously address that. I'm considering making a blog for that, but then I'd have to constantly update it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shootingnova:

Actually, Shadow Conspiracy offers explanations for that fight. It's relatively circumstantial (more so than inconsistent). The explanation may not be the best - but it's better than nothing.

Eh, I read Shadow Conspiracy. And while I breezed through it, I actually remember it going into less detail about the fight than what happened in the episode. Maybe I missed something, but I'll read that part again.

As for TPM - when I get to him for my Underrated Sith Lords list, I'll be addressing lowballing as I should and will in all of them. At the moment, I'm still in the OR era - and you know what Sith Lords in that era are like. Fanwanked to monumental measures. There's plenty of misconceptions.

Fair enough, fair enough. Yeah.. that's true. Even guys like Malgus who have an okay amount of feats get fanwanked a lot.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By ShootingNova

Eh, I read Shadow Conspiracy. And while I breezed through it, I actually remember it going into less detail about the fight than what happened in the episode. Maybe I missed something, but I'll read that part again.

Fair enough, fair enough. Yeah.. that's true. Even guys like Malgus who have an okay amount of feats get fanwanked a lot.

1. IIRC, it was attributed to surprise about how aggressively Obi-Wan fought and the rather closely knit space.

2. Malgus is definitely deserving of note. I'm not really referencing him.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shootingnova: Oh yeah, there was that, I suppose. But still, Kenobi using that strategy is kind of a one-off.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By ShootingNova

@i_like_swords: As I said, it was a circumstantial and desperate maneuver. Anyways we're trailing off-topic with this. We can discuss this in a PM.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

@shootingnova: I'm not really going to be on hee at all today (in fact, I just logged into reply to a couple of things) but this blog is real nice, and I really appreciate the hard work you've put in on the Vine.

Also, you can start Zannah if you want - my reading stack is pretty big atm, and I really wanted to re-read the Darth Bane trilogy before making the respect thread. But I'm afraid I won't be able to get the trilogy until several weeks from now probably.

I will begin working on a respect thread from some of the lesser known Star Wars favorite, such as Jorrus C'baoth, Jax Pavin (after I finish the Coruscant Night trilogy) Aayla Secura, Ulic Qel-Droma, Ben Skywalker, and maybe a few other esoteric characters.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By ShootingNova

@dccomicsrule2011: I'll do Bane, then Zannah. In fact, I might make one for Bane today.

And thanks.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By ShootingNova

@darthant66: LOL :P

Don't get me wrong - as a character, he's fine. The game he debuted in was excellent. The fanboyism..... not good.

Do you have any requests?

GeorgeWBush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There was a much larger Vader respect thread other than the one DCC created, I remember you complimented it. Do you have the link for it Shooting?

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GeorgeWBush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes sir. Thank you.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dantigun1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By dantigun1

Speaking of Star Wars, Jedi and of course Sith Lords; Here are the the Top Strongest, Most Powerful Sith Lords of All times - http://oddpad.com/top-10-strongest-most-powerful-sith-lords-of-all-time

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By ShootingNova

@dantigun1: There are no confirmed, canonical rankings of the most powerful Sith Lords other than Palpatine as the strongest, Exar Kun as stronger than the ancient Sith who were written before him, Vitiate as more powerful than all his proceeding Sith Lords, etc.

Also, LOL @ Ragnos being the best duelist to grace SW when Tulak Hord is canonically confirmed to be more skilled than he is (and it's Hord who defeated every person who challenged him in combat - Ragnos made use of his cunning to pits his rival against each other). And the fact that Exar Kun is above Palpatine and Vitiate, beings who are confirmed to be more powerful than he is, is as laughable as it gets.

And despite never reaching his potential, Vader's showings still exceed Ulic Qel-Droma's in virtually every category.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.