Follow

Star Wars Universe

Concept » Star Wars Universe appears in 1596 issues.

The "galaxy far, far away" in which the Star Wars films and related works take place.

What do you think the power scale/tier for Force-wielders should be?

Avatar image for saiyatoniansage
    SaiyatonianSage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Edited By SaiyatonianSage

Poll What do you think the power scale/tier for Force-wielders should be? (23 votes)

Clone Wars Microseries version 22%
    Clone Wars 08 version 22%
    Movie versions 9%
    KOTOR 1&2/SWTOR versions 9%
    A composite version of all the above 39%

I've been rewatching and replaying all the movies, shows, games and I've been trying to figure out where the Jedi and Sith should stand in terms of skill, power and feats. Granted this topic might've been covered in the past but I think that given the nature of the mystical energy that is the Force, I think the Jedi and Sith should be powerful themselves (naturally). However it always come back to the question of 'How powerful?'

Some say that they don't want the Jedi to be superheroes (which references Mace Windu's feat in the Microseries where he defeated an entire army of droids on Dantooine):

Honestly, I'm a little mixed on the idea; granted for Force-wielders like Mace Windu, Yoda, and Sidious, this does look like something that could be in their range. Now if we were to say Anakin, Obi-Wan, Dooku (since he's more reserved in his Force abilities) or any Council-level Jedi member then that seems a bit out of their reach.... maybe.

If we focus on the movies then, even if that was Lucas' original intent with the Jedi and the Force, then they're not all that powerful (at least based on the appearances given) since the feats are little seen outside of lightsaber combat (besides Vader's feats and Dooku's/Sidious' usage of Force Lightning). Which is kind of strange given that Yoda was struggling being able to lift the steam pipe over Anakin and Obi-Wan in Episode whereas twenty so years later he's able to lift a 10 ton X-Wing with relative ease.

Which then brings us to the Clone Wars 08 version, probably the most realistic to the movies while providing us with some fun feats to work with (especially with the scene of Dooku training Savage Oppress and lifts the obelisks):

Which according to a friend of mine, the total weight of the obelisks that Dooku lifted were a 100+ ton feat (keeping in mind that Slave I weighs is around 105 tons in weight).

Then finally we have the KOTOR 1&2/SWTOR usage of the Force, that much like the Clone Wars 08 series, is probably closest to what we could see on-screen in the movies. Can't really show it here, lol, since I can't find any videos at the moment.

But I'm curious on your thoughts. Honestly, for myself, I'd like the Jedi and Sith to be closer to how they were in the 03 Microseries of Clone Wars (might be a bit much but that also makes people like the Mandalorians or bounty hunters, or Jedi killers like Grievous or Aurra Sing that more awesome).

• 
    Avatar image for saiyatoniansage
    SaiyatonianSage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Bump

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By alextheboss

Movie versions and 08 Clone Wars, since those are the new canon.

Avatar image for nathaniel_christopher
    Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seems to me that, in all cases, it's never ALL Jedi or Sith that are on a certain level, such as Mace Window soloing an army in the microseries. It's just a select few Masters. Like, the average Jedi in the microseries wasn't Mace Windu.

Kilius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jedi should be more like special forces commandos rather than superheroes.

I was rereading Jedi Council Acts of War recently and I love that while all the Jedi have great badass feats demonstrating their mettle as the most powerful beings in the galaxy they're still mortals and they have to take numbers seriously.

TCW has a good balance. Its problem is story retconning not power scale.

The Microseries is fun to watch and has good stories but the Jedi and their abilities are way over the top, particularly with Mace and even imo Yoda. Grievous is the only exception I'd make because as a villain it makes for something really cool and scary - a Non-Force sensitive cyborg that can make punks out of Jedi Council members. Pretty cool concept.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.