What do you like about Star Wars?

#1 Posted by Kazuma14 (1837 posts) - - Show Bio

Because I absolutely love how the story goes in my own little opinion and the way how it's done, but what's your reason for adoring it?

Avatar image for insanitysmiles13
#2 Posted by Insanitysmiles13 (9 posts) - - Show Bio

I have such sentimentality towards all of the Star Wars movies, as I watched them when I was little. The amount of origins for each character, the story/character development, the countless lessons learned from Yoda alone, much less any other pivotal character. Star Wars has high stakes, as well as concepts applicable in life. If I had to narrow it down, I would say that the whole battle between good and evil, and the equilibrium of the Force, is what keeps it timeless in my mind.

#3 Edited by Kazuma14 (1837 posts) - - Show Bio

@insanitysmiles13: okay, but what was the 1st movie you ever saw when you were a kid?

Avatar image for insanitysmiles13
#4 Posted by Insanitysmiles13 (9 posts) - - Show Bio

@kazuma14

I'm not exactly sure which I saw first. I want to say A New Hope possibly.

#5 Posted by Kazuma14 (1837 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for echostarlord117
#6 Posted by echostarlord117 (4028 posts) - - Show Bio

My love for Star Wars never really reached a deep level until I played the first Knights of the Old Republic game. It was then that I realized the beauty, mystery, wonder, and adventure that was Star Wars. There's just nothing like it. I tell ya, George Lucas caught lightning in a bottle.

#7 Posted by Iara (970 posts) - - Show Bio

I grew up with the prequels so I'll have to say first and foremost Ewan McGregor as Obi Wan and Liam Neeson as Qui Gon Jinn. Say what you want about the prequels but those two characters were awesome. As a kid there were obviously a lot of inherently cool concepts such as lightsabers, Vader, the force. It was fun as hell to play with.

As an adult it's just refreshing to have morally complex heroes that still fit within the boy scout model. Luke, Obi Wan, Rey are all just inherently good people and they have to face some of the absolute worst situations imaginable without being corrupted. Recently it feels like everything has to be morally grey to be complex and relatable but Star Wars is giant sign proving that theory wrong. People can be good and heroic without being simple or boring. Marvel have also done a great job proving this with Captain America in the MCU but it took awhile for it to happen.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.