Follow

Star Wars Universe

Concept » Star Wars Universe appears in 1595 issues.

The "galaxy far, far away" in which the Star Wars films and related works take place.

Vader issue #25 (Spoilers)

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

So this actually confirms that Anakin was created by the Sith;

No Caption Provided

RGR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By RGR

It's definitely a possibility, but Matt Martin has been asked today on twitter and he said that it's Vader's thoughts and not necessarily factual (link).

Dawn_of_Ages

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Dawn_of_Ages

? It's confirmed that what Vader saw was stuff that already happened.

“What he realizes in 25, and it was a very pointed choice to not show possibilities, everything he’s seen is stuff that’s already happened… What’s the point of doing anything other than this? This is all there is for me."

RGR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By RGR

@dawn_of_ages: That's somewhat difficult to reconcile with Martin's words, the vision of Vader's encounter with Ahsoka in the future or his fight with the Jedi, tbh. I would assume Soule is talking about Vader's life choices.

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

This is taken from Page 42 of the Making of Revenge of the Sith book, which contains storyline and dialogue from George Lucas' rough draft of the script....

"On Coruscant, PALPATINE completes his seduction of ANAKIN, who at first refuses to go over to the dark side-- until the Chancellor makes a startling confession:"

DARTH SIDIOUS-- "I have waited all these years for you to fulfill your destiny... I arranged for your conception. I used the power of the Force to will the midichlorians to start the cell divisions that created you."

ANAKIN-- "I don't believe you."

DARTH SIDIOUS-- "Ahhh, but you know it's true. When you clear your mind, you will sense the truth. you could almost think of me as your father."

ANAKIN-- "That's impossible!"

DARTH SIDIOUS-- "Nevertheless, you must decide."

Later this dialogue was cut, as you can see if you read on the second column, about halfway down on Page 60. It simply states this there....

"The dialogue indicating that PALPATINE is responsible for ANAKIN'S creation has been cut."

Then Plagueis novel also mentioned this, though it's legends now but this comic book is not.

Avatar image for the_living_tribunal_24
    The_living_tribunal_24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

no way.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.