Follow

Star Wars Universe

Concept » Star Wars Universe appears in 1595 issues.

The "galaxy far, far away" in which the Star Wars films and related works take place.

The True Power of Luke Skywalker (Dark Empire)

• 68 results
    Azronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Azronger

@wollfmyth209: You're ruining the Luke hype >:(

But anyway, even during the duel, Yoda manages to pierce Sidious' clouding of the Force, meaning he could circumvent the effects of the nexus:

In that lightning-speared tornado of feet and fists and blades and bashing machines, his vision finally pierced the darkness that had clouded the Force.

And the other factors that affected Luke much more negatively than Yoda still remain. He's still the superior lightsaber duelist.

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@azronger: Wait, the fact that Yoda pierced a cosmic nexus that Luke didn't makes Yoda the better Force user. :)

Luke may be the better duelist, and that's under debate to be honest, but Yoda's the better Force user :) :up:

Anyways, I don't wanna derail the topic. We'll finish this another time :) :) :)

Azronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wollfmyth209: But you forget, Luke had to deal with two nexi, both much, much more potent than the one Yoda was facing. Also, Leia comments in the audio drama that even though she can't see them, she can feel them radiating waves of power. And that the light side was winning.

DE Luke > Yoda, in sabers, Force, all-out.

I don't think this is derailing the thread. This is the best place to discuss Luke's capabilities.

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#54  Edited By WollfMyth209

@azronger: But you forget, Luke had to deal with two nexi, both much, much more potent than the one Yoda was facing. Also, Leia comments in the audio drama that even though she can't see them, she can feel them radiating waves of power. And that the light side was winning.

Wait, wouldn't that make Luke a Light Side Nexus? Which counter-balances Sidious? Oh and you forget, Luke had Leia and Anakin(in the audiodrama Leia notes "Two heads are better than one, but three heads are better than two." or some such jazz) to counter-balance the second nexus.

Now of course, Leia isn't a master yet... but she's a Skywalker. And not to mention there was prophecy, i.e. PIS, meddling in the whole afair. Much in the same way Vader killed Palpatine and tanked his lightning, despite faltering to inferior lightning before and being vastly behind Sidious, nevermind an injured Sidious.

DE Luke > Yoda, in sabers, Force, all-out.

Nah, not really. I think even Luke notes he's not quite as powerful as Yoda, later on in his life.

Azronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Azronger

@wollfmyth209:

Wait, wouldn't that make Luke a Light Side Nexus? Which counter-balances Sidious?

Hm, good point. I've also heard that Leia unlocked something in Luke, but I've never seen the quote for myself. That would make DE Luke > DE Sidious in Force power, which I'm fine with.

Oh and you forget, Luke had Leia and Anakin(in the audiodrama Leia notes "Two heads are better than one, but three heads are better than two." or some such jazz) to counter-balance the second nexus.

Now of course, Leia isn't a master yet... but she's a Skywalker. And not to mention there was prophecy, i.e. PIS, meddling in the whole afair. Much in the same way Vader killed Palpatine and tanked his lightning, despite faltering to inferior lightning before and being vastly behind Sidious, nevermind an injured Sidious.

Leia's comment was in reference to the Wall of Light, not the Battle Meditation. Also, Sidious had poured 99% percent of his power into the Storm and was vulnerable. That's why he lost. No PIS there.

Nah, not really. I think even Luke notes he's not quite as powerful as Yoda, later on in his life.

Quote for that?

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

Cool

Azronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for amethystgravity
    AmethystGravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The scaling with Ood, Kun, and Bane seems kind of ambiguous to me, since it doesn't look like Luke was in the center of the blast, and I'm not sure Kun's tendrils = Zannah's. Still, nice work!

Also, did Leia use force harmony or battle meditation?

Azronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amethystgravity: Luke was right next to the explosion. It still hit him and Jem with enough Force (badum tss) to send them flying several meters.

What's your reasoning that dark side tendrils vary from user to user? It's a pure manifestation of the dark side. You're either pure or you're not.

I've heard she used Force Harmony, but I've never seen the source for this. DE states it's Battle Meditation.

AmethystGravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@azronger said:

@amethystgravity: Luke was right next to the explosion. It still hit him and Jem with enough Force (badum tss) to send them flying several meters.

What's your reasoning that dark side tendrils vary from user to user? It's a pure manifestation of the dark side. You're either pure or you're not.

I've heard she used Force Harmony, but I've never seen the source for this. DE states it's Battle Meditation.

I'm not saying Luke's barrier isn't great, but being next to the explosion is different from being hit with the attack.

I don't know too much about dark side tendrils, but isn't that like saying force lightning is pure lightning and a manifestation of the dark side? Not that lightning = tendrils, of course, but it seems like most other force powers vary in strength.

Azronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amethystgravity: Um, Luke was hit by the attack, lol.

Lightning isn't the very manifestation of the dark side. Thus it's not "pure dark side energy" like tendrils. Again - you're either pure or you're not. There's no middle ground.

AmethystGravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@azronger said:

@amethystgravity: Um, Luke was hit by the attack, lol.

Lightning isn't the very manifestation of the dark side. Thus it's not "pure dark side energy" like tendrils. Again - you're either pure or you're not. There's no middle ground.

Luke wasn't hit by the direct energy blast or whatever in the panel, it seems. It's like a character surviving the aftermath of an asteroid impact several miles away; great, but it's not like they tanked an asteroid.

"Pureness" doesn't consider concentration or size of power. It's like saying getting hit by an ice cube equals having an icicle fall on you from a skyscraper. Both are pure ice, but the size, power, etc behind them are not. I'm not saying I don't think Luke couldn't withstand Bane-eating tendrils, just that the evidence behind that assertion seems a little sketchy to me.

Azronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amethystgravity: Yes, he was. Otherwise it wouldn't have shown him being flung off and he wouldn't have had a need to shield himself and Jem. Are you going to argue that if you were standing a meter next to grenade, you don't have anything to worry about just because you're not at the exact center of the blast? Youre still going to be hit by it, if you didn't know.

Except Luke did indeed "tank a meteorite*," as you put it. Explosions don't have any after effects like a huge meteorite colliding with a planet would have. If Luke had been outside the blast radius, he wouldn't have had anything to worry about, as I've already explained.

Your ice analogy is also poor. Dark side tendrils don't behave like ice. The power behind a tendril is always the same, regardless of its size. No matter in how large quantities you have tendrils, they'll always disintegrate you. Its touch goes beyond mere physical sensation; the victim will feel the very essence of the dark side, the pure annihilation of the void. Ice doesn't do that.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a98875cd0f94
    deactivated-5a98875cd0f94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This blog is really nice, but I highly doubt DE Luke>DE Sidious. Or DE Luke>Yoda. Still, good points, very nice read.

Azronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Azronger
    Avatar image for deactivated-5a98875cd0f94
    deactivated-5a98875cd0f94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@azronger:

Oh yeah, this is old- I hadn't noticed that, because in one of my notifications, I was led here. And given that I had seen your "work in progress", I thought this was that.

Azronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thesithmaster: The work in progress will be another thing entirely :)

Avatar image for heavenlydarkdragon
    HeavenlyDarkDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@azronger:

Very good work.

Especially considering how Luke at the time of DE he wasn't at his peak. He still had a lot to learn in terms of Force use.

He was able to take scraps of knowledge and from that rise above and beyond anyone's expectations.

One of the things that in my opinion will make the old timeline superior to this new timeline.

Luke not only accomplished everything that was expected of him but he was also able surpass the knowledge he had inherited. And in his later years came to realize the full potential of the Force by being able to use both Light and Dark sides without falling to any of them.

Luke was in many ways the true representation of what a Force user that has reached his full potential looks like.

Yoda. Was in many ways limited by the old outdated ways of the Jedi. If Yoda had learned to accept the Force as a whole, then he I believe he would've been able to beat Sidious. He wouldn't even have been fooled for so long.

But the Jedi had become a pale shadow of what they once were. Not even being able to sense the Dark Side in others as long as they chose to hide it.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.