Follow

Star Wars Universe

Concept » Star Wars Universe appears in 1595 issues.

The "galaxy far, far away" in which the Star Wars films and related works take place.

Sidious Intentionally Put Vader in a Poorly Designed Suit ( Canon )

killbilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By killbilly  Moderator
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Summary: Long story short, this takes place after Sidious reprimanded Vader after sensing emotional conflict in him. He left Vader stranded on Mustafar and forbid him from drawing on the Force. These droids saw this as their chance to scavenge Vader's mechanical parts because they assumed that there must be something special about them due to Vader's performance against "The Eye" while not being able to use the Force. Upon prying off a piece of Vader's armor though, the droids realize that Vader's mechanical parts are at best no better than their own ( the main droid calling them "trash" ).

This is similar to Legends in that Sidious seemingly intentionally hindered Vader with Vader making improvements to his armor as time went on. That's about it, but I enjoy that they're bringing back aspects of the old continuity under Disney Canon and the implications it has on Vader and Sidious's relationship.

McFlicky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought they already went over this

killbilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 killbilly  Moderator

@mcflicky said:

I thought they already went over this

Did they? Where else. Can't remember off the top of my head.

McFlicky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killbilly: I could be wrong. I thought this was brought up at some point in the first darth vader series marvel did back in 2017

killbilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 killbilly  Moderator

@mcflicky said:

@killbilly: I could be wrong. I thought this was brought up at some point in the first darth vader series marvel did back in 2017

Not sure. I'll have to reread it at some point.

redheathen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By redheathen

Vader had full control of his suit, but you're saying that Sidious first put him in a crappy suit on purpose but then a short time later allowed Vader to do whatever he wanted to do in regards to his suit?

If you covered this, please accept my apologies. I'm on mobile and a lot of what you've posted won't load.

killbilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By killbilly  Moderator
    @redheathen said:

Vader had full control of his suit, but you're saying that Sidious first put him in a crappy suit on purpose but then a short time later allowed Vader to do whatever he wanted to do in regards to his suit?

If you covered this, please accept my apologies. I'm on mobile and a lot of what you've posted won't load.

Pretty much.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.