Follow

Star Wars Universe

Concept » Star Wars Universe appears in 1596 issues.

The "galaxy far, far away" in which the Star Wars films and related works take place.

Shaak Ti Respect Thread -- Updated

• 60 results
    nerfherder97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I've always considered shaak ti to be one of the weaker members of the jedi council. her showings just pale in comparison to obi wan, anakin, mace, plo koon, and kit fisto. her highest showing, IMO is against starkiller, who is very inconsistent anyway, she is still a badass though and making top among the 13 strongest of over 10,000 jedi {IIRC} is absolutely nothing to sneeze at. and shaak ti may not be the strongest jedi, but her wisdom and courage are worthy of admiration

great thread

Avatar image for deactivated-5a98875cd0f94
    deactivated-5a98875cd0f94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nerfherder97:

I've always considered shaak ti to be one of the weaker members of the jedi council.

Why? Her showings heavily suggest otherwise.

her showings just pale in comparison to obi wan,

Force-wise, her showings "don't pale in comparison to Obi-Wan." Anyway, Obi-Wan beat Grievous, is a rival to one of the most skilled Sith swordsmen ever in Maul, and is a tier 8, which is considered "cheat" and is above tier 7 who already has some of "the best fighters in the galaxy."

anakin,

Who's a tier 9 with Yoda and Sidious. Anakin is also>>Obi-Wan, Plo and Kit.

mace,

Who's a canonically more skilled duelist than Dooku, someone deadlier than one of the most skilled Sith swordsmen ever in TPM Maul, one of the Order's best fighters, and someone who always beat Grievous.

plo koon, and kit fisto.

What showings does Plo have that put him above Shaak Ti? Kit's her better in dueling, but what showings does he have that put him above her in the Force?

her highest showing, IMO is against starkiller,

Yeah. She blew Starkiller around on a Dark Side nexus which amped him. Unamped Starkiller, at this point, threw TIE fighters around and Force Pushed hundreds of droids. Given Starkiller was amped, he could do even better than that.

apewar012467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By apewar012467

Very impressive and comprehensive, especially with the magnaguards. I can see why people consider her dueling skills to be so impressive among all of the other star wars characters. Her fight with the magnagaurds really was an impressive showing that does put her on the top of the dueling chain. Her other dueling feats were really good as well such as with Rykk and all of the others. I'd still think Vader would be superior to her overall though. Is there other threads relating to similar characters that are out there?

nerfherder97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By nerfherder97

@thesithmaster:

alright, to be fair, I haven't read much of her in the comics, but I find it hard to take ANYONE who can't even handle CANON grievous seriously, which is heavily implied that shaak ti can't, and until I read this thread, I didn't take her that seriously, her low showings drag her down

alright, maybe not plo koon.... but he certainly has a cooler voice

obi-wan completly gave himself up to the force to fight.. something I do not believe shaak ti is capable of

anakin is NOT teir 9, he's nowhere near yoda or sidious, not even close, and he is not THAT superior to obi wan. he is at the top of teir 8

pretty sure that dooku is the better duelist of the two, also, novel grievous stalemated mace in a duel

as for fisto, he rivals mace as a swordsman IIRC, lasting a few seconds against bloodlusted sidious, now I know that's not a force feat but it certainly makes him more powerful than shaak ti

eh... starkiller is pretty inconsistent. one minute he's losing to shaak ti, the next, he's holding his own against the vastly superior vader, so I take her feats in force unleashed with a grain of salt

and I am well aware that shaak ti is one of the most powerful jedi ever, but I still see her as one of the weaker members of the council

nerfherder97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@apewar012467:

plenty

just look up "(insert character here) respect thread"

CinCameron20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still new to Comic Vine, and most forums in general, so i don't want to make this comment look like a mess by trying to quote some people. I'm just going to give my thoughts on this as a whole considering what some people have to say about Shaak Ti compared to the rest of the Counsel. I want to strictly focus on Legends, as Canon material shows Shaak Ti using her light-saber once for about 10~15 seconds.

Some can argue that Shaak Ti is the worst, or one of the top tiers in the Counsel, but you need to realize that, in the case of her fights against Grievous (which is the feat most attributed against her abilities), she only fought him in Legends, and was one of the only jedi who could even fend him off. We do see that she fights him on Hypori and Coruscant, as those are the only two fully explored fights she has with him. There are implications in sources like TFU comic and some novels that suggest that she has fought him more times, and is his equal. General Grievous in Legends was capable of cutting down low/mid tier Masters with relative ease. He could even defeat Counsel Masters without going all out. The only person who outright dominated Grievous in any of their fights was Mace Windu, who, in Labyrinth of Evil, was having some difficulties fending him off with the saber alone.

Shaak Ti has battled the likes of Pre-Suit Vader and while we are not given any details on how their fight went, she did survive the encounter after some time had passed. Pre-Suit Vader was top tier as a duelist at the time, and could definitely overpower the likes of Obi-Wan and others of that caliber, so for Shaak Ti to have been capable of fighting him off and escaping is impressive by itself.

Looking at feats against IG-100s from both Labyrinth of Evil and the 2003 animated Clone Wars series, Shaak Ti has both Obi-Wan and Anakin beat by performance. in the ROTS novel, it was noted that Obi-Wan could not outperform 3 IG-100s coming at him at once, and both Anakin and Obi-Wan individually had some difficulty with individual IG-100s. Shaak Ti was injured by some rocket-launchers before being engaged by an army of IG-100s during the battle of coruscant, and she managed to cut several of them down before the rest retreated. She did this while injured.

I would daresay that Shaak Ti is a superior duelist to the likes of Kit Fisto by a more-than comfortable degree. Some may argue Kit versus Grievous, but that's canon material, and Grievous in TCW series is heavily nerfed compared to his Legends showings. It's very inconsistent if you look at it that way. Otherwise, you could say Nadaar Vebb > Shaak Ti due to performance against IG-100s when that's absolutely ridiculous. The reason I believe Shaak Ti is superior to Kit Fisto is, while I believe that they are close in quality as duelists, Shaak Ti simply built herself more flexibly as a duelist. Kit Fisto is almost strictly Shi Cho with emphasis on Ataru, while Shaak Ti is a master of both Makashi and Ataru, with some skill in Shien on top of that. She has covered the weakness of both Makashi and Ataru, as made evident in her fights against IG-100s, Grievous, and Galen, while I see Kit Fisto suffering from Shi Cho's shortcomings on more than one occasion.

Now for Shaak Ti vs Galen Marek, you can look at both Novel and Comic and it's quite clear who was the superior fighter. They fought on Felucia, where both would have a force advantage (Dark Nexus for Galen, Jungle life for Ti). But here's the thing. In the Novel, Ti clearly outclasses Galen from the very start of their duel, who relies on desperate tactics to make her lose her footing in order to halt her assault. Despite this, she was still pushing him on his back foot, and almost never went onto the defensive as a result. At the end of their fight, she was noted to have practically thrown herself onto his light-saber, attempting to take him with her. By a story stand-point, this makes sense due to "If Galen dies, but Ti is left alive, Vader himself may come to Felucia with an armada as his back, and Ti's Padawan, Marriss, would be exposed." That's pure speculation, but it makes sense given the narration given during their fight. For the Comic, Ti stomps Galen with the force, and only loses due to dropping her guard completely before being struck by a Force Repulse.

No matter how you look at it, Shaak Ti losing against Galen was pure PIS, as the writers made it clear that Shaak Ti limited herself in both versions of the fight, allowing herself to be killed. While Galen was not at his prime, he was not far off, and it doesn't hurt that he was on a dark nexus.

I'd personally see Shaak Ti vs Darth Vader being an epic battle, but Vader already has marginal advantages over Ti along with very obvious advantages over her in other areas. She'd probably perform very well, but end up being outclassed.

During The Clone Wars Era, I honestly think that she is arguably 3rd to Yoda and Windu, but by a sizable margin, being relatively equal to ROTS Anakin and Obi-Wan. If Mace Windu took her instead of Kit Fisto to fight Sidious, I could see her lasting much longer in the fight (primarily because Mace Windu is there to take some of the heat as well) before being cut down similarly to Fisto. She wouldn't make much a difference in the fight.

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@cincameron20: Um, thanks for that... in-depth explanation on where you rank Shaak, though that's more for the battle section of the forums and less so for the Respect Threads.

CinCameron20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wollfmyth209 - The only reason I mentioned ranking is simply to reinforce that Shaak Ti is extremely powerful, but I understand if that isn't supposed to be in this type of thread. Oops.

Slash03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Slash03

Excellent job Man.

Thank for bring this information.

I can't believe there are still some people that highly understimate her.

She is very powerful and I consider her in my top 5, excluding obviously Yoda, Mace, Ani and Kenobi.

SWAT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nerfherder97: Legends Grievous is extreamly powerful your lowballing Shaak Ti. She is stronger than Obi-Wan.

Shaak Ti has many impressive feats and showings and yes Anakin is slightly above Yoda and Sidious stated by George Lucas he is a level 9.

Obi-Wan only won because of extreme focus and a huge amp against a hindered level 9.

Yeah Shaak Ti is powerful but she isnt the worst jedi council member much above that and this thread proves it all the way

nerfherder97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@swat:

I’ll be honest, I spent the last ten minutes trying to remember my password to this account lol

This was an older thread thread and I didn’t know better at the time, Yeah, had a tendency to lowball her.

I agree with almost everything you just said actually

nerfherder97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By nerfherder97

As far as weakest Jedi council member goes, my vote now goes to Coleman Trebor

I didn’t even know he had a name, much less he was a member of the Jedi high council

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.