Follow

Star Wars Universe

Concept » Star Wars Universe appears in 1595 issues.

The "galaxy far, far away" in which the Star Wars films and related works take place.

Mace Windu Respect Thread

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Edited By Erkan12

RESPECT

No Caption Provided

''For the Order and the Republic, I will give anything and everything, including my life.''

Click here for viewing this thread in blog format.

Mace Windu, Korun Jedi Master... Even though he was eight century younger than Yoda, he hold the title Master of the Order in Jedi council, and he was the second authority only after Yoda.

He was appointed in Jedi council at very young age, 28.

Mace Windu during the Yinchorri Uprising... (33 BBY - Legends)

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

After seeing Qui-Gon's death at the hands of Darth Maul, Windu and Yoda was sure the Sith has returned.

SECOND ONLY TO YODA

Nick Gillard (sword training coordinator of the Prequel trio and played the role of Cin Drallig) states Windu is the second strongest Jedi in the order.

Nick Gillard : ''We didn't see Mace fighting yet, but we know that he is second only to Yoda.''

Source: Star Wars Episode II: Action Featurette (2002)

Mace is the second most powerful Jedi in the order ;

''He seems to be second most powerful Jedi on the that council, next to Yoda.''

Source: Insider #55 (2001)

Mace is one of the most powerful Jedi in the order.

''Among the other Jedi, perhaps only Mace Windu would have been his equal on neutral ground.''

Source: Yoda: Dark Rendezvous (2004)

Anakin is using Mace Windu for praising his master Obi-Wan Kenobi. (Canon)

Anakin Skywalker : ''Obi-Wan is a great mentor as wise as Master Yoda, and as powerful as Master Windu.''

Source: Episode II - Attack of the Clones (2002)

Mace is in the same league with Yoda. (Canon)

''This was an accomplished man, more accomplished, perhaps, than anyone else in all the galaxy. He was not an underling of Yoda or Mace Windu. Anakin understood that a man like Palpatine would not throw out such compliments if he did not believe them.''

Source : Attack of the Clones Novel (2002)

Mace's Jedi powers are on par with Yoda's. (Canon)

''A respected Jedi with powers on a par with those of the venerable Yoda, Mace Windu was a senior member of the Jedi High Council, and his wisdom and judgement were legendary.''

Source: The Official Star Wars Fact File Remake #008 (2014)

Mace's powers are legendary. (Canon)

''As highly respected Master of the Jedi Order in the last years of the Old Republic, Mace was often regarded as second only to the Grand Master Yoda in wisdom, while his powers and mastery of the lightsaber were considered legendary.''

Windu developed a new fighting style, Form VII (Vaapad) discipline of combat. (Canon)

''Only the most skilled members of the Order could master the Form VII discipline of combat, the aggressive nature of which trod dangerously close to the dark side. He also developed a new fighting style, elements of which he passed on to his more capable Padawans.''

Mace Windu is a top 5 Jedi Master of all time. (Canon)

No Caption Provided

Rissa Mano: ''He is a top five Jedi Master of all time for sure!''

Source: Jedi of the Republic - Mace Windu #01 (2017)

FORCE STEALTH

Mace's Force stealth ability was strong enough hide himself from Dooku, (Canon)

No Caption Provided

He sneak up to Count Dooku in Geonosis, and he could destroy him in there. (Legends)

''My blade doesn't light the underside of Fett's square jaw. I don't waste time with words. I don't hesitate. I believe. In my dreams, the purple flare of my blade sizzles the gray hairs of Dooku's beard, and in the critical semisecond it takes Jango Fett to aim and fire, I twitch that blade and take Dooku with me into death. And save the galaxy from civil war.

I could have done it.''

Source: Shatterpoint (2003)

DEFEATING JANGO FETT

Mace's unique sword skills against Jango Fett, the best bounty hunter in the galaxy. (Canon)

No Caption Provided

Jango is skilled enough to kill multiple Jedi with only his bare hands and even a Council member Jedi Master, Coleman Trebor. And he stalemated with AotC Obi-Wan Kenobi, Mace comfortably destroyed Fett with deflecting his sharpshooter blaster bolts. (Canon)

No Caption Provided

Dooku is surprised to see the loss of notorious Jedi killer Jango Fett. (Legends)

''I looked at Jango Fett on the sand in the Geonosian arena. A perfect combination of weapons, skills, and the will to use them: an interlocking crystal of killer. The Force hinted a shatterpoint, and I left a headless corpse on the sand. The deadliest man in the galaxy. Now: just dead.''

Source : Shatterpoint (2003)

Mace threw his lightsaber faster than eye could follow, which is impressive because Korun people are Force sensitive. (Legends)

"'Answer me!" Mace roared. With a convulsive snarl, he threw his lightsaber on the ground at the Korun's feet. Faster than the eye could follow, his hand flashed out, his thumb hooking the Korun's cheek while his fingers dug in behind the hinge of the man's jaw. He yanked the Korun's face to within a centimeter of his own, and there was open raging madness in his eyes.

Mace uses the Force for piling the trees, (Legends)

''It took only minutes to clear a landing zone. I had used the Force to pile some of the smaller trees, intending to kindle their damp wood with my blade to make a huge smoking bonfire, but I didn't have to; before we had even cleared the zone, three flights of gunships swarmed overhead.''

Mace is using his superior speed against a very fast oppenent such as Vastor, while Vastor was blinding, Mace was invisible. (Legends)

''Standing toe to toe, the top of Mace's head barely came to the level of Vastor's chin, and you could have tucked Mace's whole thick-muscled upper body inside Vastor's chest with room to spare. And even hurt, lurching drunkenly, Vaster still could whip his arms in blindingly fast raking slaps at Mace's head and wounded neck. But where Vastor's speed was blinding, Mace's was invisible. Not one of those slaps connected. Before Vastor could even focus his eyes, Mace had hit him six times: two thundering hooks to his short ribs, a knee slamming hard into the same thigh he'd hit before, an elbow snapping up to the point of his chin, and two devastating palm strikes to either hinge of his jaw.''

Mace uses Vaapad again, (Legends)

Vastor's mighty arms spasmed and dropped limply to his sides. "This is called Vaapad, Kar." A fierce light burned in Mace's eyes. "How many arms do you see?"

Mace creates impenetrable web of lightning; (Legends)

''The compound flooded with smoke and flame, with flashes of blaster bolts and snarls of hypersonic slugs. Mace paced through it all with relentless calm, his only expression a slight frown of concentration, his blades weaving an impenetrable web of lightning. He gave more and more of himself over to the Force, letting it move his hands, his feet, letting it guide him through the battle.''

Mace kills the serial killer Uda-Khalid, using his invisible speed; (Legends)

No Caption Provided

Uda-Khalid : How did you--- I've never seen--- so fast...

No Caption Provided

Source : Star Wars Tales 13 (2002)

Mace uses his speed again, and bounty hunter Vianna D'pow is using a baby for shielding himself and attacking to Mace, but Mace was even faster than a blaster bolt. (Legends)

No Caption Provided

Mace also resists to Vianna D'pow's surprise attack and uses the Force counter her; (Legends)

No Caption Provided

DUEL WITH VOS AND SORA BULQ

Lightsaber combat,

Mace is training Quinlan Vos and Vos is struggling. (Legends)

No Caption Provided

''Don't hold back.''

No Caption Provided

Stomps him, when he get serious;

No Caption Provided

Source : Star Wars - Jedi - Mace Windu (2003)

Same for Sora Bulq, when Mace realises the real battle was not there, and defeats him with ease. (Legends)

No Caption Provided

As for this battle, Mace was holding back massively;

''Mace was highly distressed that his mission involved fighting his old friend and colleague Sora Bulq.''

Source : Fact Files #108 (2004)

DUEL WITH ASAJJ VENTRESS

First Mace saves the Jedi master K'kruhk from Asajj Ventress, (Legends)

No Caption Provided

Asajj Ventress : ''Powerful.''

No Caption Provided

Mace Windu : ''Do not assume, however, that we are equals. We are not. Neither your weapon nor your skills are enough. I would prefer you alive to answer my questions, but I will kill you if you insist.''

Asajj Ventress : ''Oh, I have no doubt. Which leaves me one option.''

Source : Star Wars - Jedi - Mace Windu (2003)

Windu easily defeats even Asajj Ventress, he teleports himself to Ventress's behind (second fragment), and she admits that Windu was much stronger than her, shortly after she tried desperately to escape.

Windu can command Jedi Masters such as Kit Fisto, Kolar and Tiin, like they were just his apprentices, (Legends)

No Caption Provided

Mace Windu : ''Kit, come with me. Agen and Saesee, take the control room.''

Maneuver of Vaapad; (Legends)

No Caption Provided

Mace Windu : ''As you choose.''

Source : Republic - Show of Force (2004)

Windu creates 3 after images with his saber, and speedblitzes. (Legends)

No Caption Provided

Source : Emissaries to Malastare (1999)

Windu takes down 9 droids with a single stroke. (Legends)

No Caption Provided

Source : Clone Wars Adventures Volume 2 (2004)

Blaster bolt deflection without even looking;

No Caption Provided

Source : Clone Wars - Micro Series (2003)

FORCE COMBAT

Mace defeats a group of Phuii fighters in a H2H combat. (Canon)

No Caption Provided

Mace matches with a Gundark's strength. A tremendous strength feat. (Canon)

No Caption Provided

Source : The Clone Wars - Season 6 Episode 09 (2014)

Mace can break into pieces even the super battle droids with his bare hands; (Legends)

No Caption Provided

DOOKU ESCAPES FROM WINDU

No Caption Provided

Dooku uses the MagnaGuards and escapes from the duel. (Legends)

No Caption Provided

Source : Republic - Obsession #05 (2005)

DOOKU ADMITS MACE WOULD DEFEAT HIM (CANON)

No Caption Provided

The duel between Windu and Dooku continues. (Canon)

No Caption Provided

Mace: ''I am giving you one chance to surrender, Dooku. Lay down your lightsaber... Or I will take it from you.'' Dooku: ''I'm sure you would.''

Source: Star Wars Adventures 010 (2021)

TELEKINESIS

Mace collapses a bridge with just a hand gesture; (Legends)

No Caption Provided

Mace is masterful enough to manipulate a part of a spaceship without even noticed. (Legends)

No Caption Provided

Source : Republic - Obsession #05 (2005)

Uses Force speed and destroying the super battle droids with Force crush; (Legends)

No Caption Provided

His mastery on the Force, he disintegrates the super battle droids and uses it as bullets. (Legends)

No Caption Provided

Mace pushes an AT-TE (a tank) with the Force. (Canon)

No Caption Provided

Source : The Clone Wars - Season 1 Episode 21 (2009)

Force wave to a vast group of battle droids. (Legends)

No Caption Provided

Destroys a group of battle droids with a powerful Force blast; (Canon)

No Caption Provided

Removes a heavy gate by using the Force; (Canon)

No Caption Provided

Takes down a gigantic battle droid with the Force; (Canon)

No Caption Provided

Source: Jedi of the Republic - Mace Windu #03 (2017)

He quickly catches and uses Force crush on AD-W4's head before it escapes by using repulsors; (Canon)

No Caption Provided

Source: Jedi of the Republic - Mace Windu #05 (2017)

Defeats the Jedi Master Prosset Dibs (later known as Inquisitor Tenth Brother) by using the Force; (Canon)

No Caption Provided

Source: Jedi of the Republic - Mace Windu #04 (2017)

Windu one-shots a giant Gundark with a Vaapad lightsaber move. (Canon)

No Caption Provided

Source : The Clone Wars - Season 6 Episode 09 (2014)

SHATTERPOINT

No Caption Provided

Shattepoint is a very unique ability, even among the force users. Shatterpoints could also be discovered in the physiology of living beings. Mace was also able to sense the Shatterpoint of Darth Sidious. (Legends)

Mace Windu : ''I sometimes can see the weak places in an opponent—shatterpoints where the unbreakable can be broken. They can occur in individuals…and in events.''

Source : Jedi: Count Dooku (2003)

TELEPATHY

No Caption Provided

Mace is also a powerful telepath, he uses a mind tricks on mercenaries while they were already ready to attack him. (Legends)

Mace's telepathic power is well-known in the Jedi order; (Legends)

Rhad Tarn (Jedi Knight) : ''I don't trust him. I've heard about Mace Windu's mind control abilities! How do we know he won't change our minds for us?!''

Source : Jedi: Mace Windu (2003)

FORCE CRUSH

No Caption Provided

COMBINED FORCE BLAST

No Caption Provided

Mace & Yoda creates a powerful Force blast together. Equally portrayed with Yoda. (Legends)

FORCE SENSES

Mace manages to sense Palpatine's plot; (Canon)

"I am convinced this is the next step in a plot aimed directly at thenheart of the Jedi," Mace said. "This is a move toward our destruction.

The dark side of the Force surrounds the Chancellor."

Source : Revenge of the Sith Novel (2005)

Windu's lightsaber skills are well known in the Jedi Order; (Canon)

''Say what you will about the wisdom of ancient Master Yoda, or the deadly skill of grim Mace Windu, the courage of Ki-Adi-Mundi, or the subtle wiles of Shaak Ti; the greatness of all these Jedi is unquestioned, but it pales next to the legend that has grown around Kenobi and Skywalker.''

Another quote suggests that Windu was in the same league with Yoda; (Canon)

"Think of it, Anakin." Palpatine stood close by his shoulder, opposite to Obi-Wan, so close he needed only to whisper. "You have destroyed their political head. Take their military commander, and you will have practically won the war. Single-handed. Who else could do that, Anakin? ...

Yoda? Mace Windu? They couldn't even capture Dooku. Who would have a chance against Grievous, if not Anakin Skywalker?''

Same quote from the AotC, again. (Canon)

What about Obi-Wan?" He frowned. "What about him?" "You told me once that he is as wise as Yoda and as powerful as Mace Windu. Couldn't he help us?"

Obi-Wan Kenobi compares Yoda to Mace; (Canon)

"But surely, Master Windu," Obi-Wan had said, "you, with the power of Vaapad or Yoda's mastery of Ataru-" Mace Windu had almost smiled. "I created Vaapad to answer my weakness: it channels my own darkness into a weapon of the light. Master Yoda's Ataro is also an answer to weakness: the limitations of reach and mobility imposed by his stature and his age.''

Mace Windu has unmatched skills with the lightsaber. (Canon)

This is the moment that defines Mace Windu. Not his countless victories in battle, nor the numberless battles his diplomacy has avoided. Not his penetrating intellect, or his talents with the Force, or his unmatched skills with the lightsaber.

SIDIOUS DUEL WHEN WINDU WAS FORCE AMPED, DEFEATS SIDIOUS

No Caption Provided

Mace sinks into Vaapad; (Canon)

''Within the public office of the Supreme Chancellor of the Galactic Republic, a last Jedi Master battled alone, blade-to-blade, against a living shadow. Sinking into Vaapad, Mace Windu fought for his life. More than his life: each whirl of blade and whipcrack of lightning was a strike in defense of democracy, of justice and peace, of the rights of ordinary beings to live their own lives in their own ways.''

Mace's lightsaber was too fast to see. (Canon)

''Vaapad, the seventh form of lightsaber combat, takes its name from a notoriously dangerous predator native to the moons of Sarapin: a vaapad attacks its prey with whipping strikes of its blindingly fast tentacles. Most have at least seven. It is not uncommon for them to have as many as twelve; the largest ever killed had twenty-three. With a vaapad, one never knew how many tentacles it had until it was dead: they move too fast to count. Almost too fast to see. So did Mace's blade.''

Mace was the only living Jedi master who uses Vaapad. (Canon)

''Vaapad is as aggressive and powerful as its namesake, but its power comes at great risk: immersion in Vaapad opens the gates that restrain one's inner darkness. To use Vaapad, a Jedi must allow himself to enjoy the fight; he must give himself over to the thrill of battle. The rush of winning. Vaapad is a path that leads through the penumbra of the dark side. Mace Windu created this style, and he was its only living master.''

Mace is too fast for seen by Anakin, and it seems like a dozen of swords clashing. (Canon)

''This was Vaapad's ultimate test. Anakin blinked and rubbed his eyes again. Maybe he was still a bit flash-blind-the Korun Master seemed to be fading in and out of existence, half swallowed by a thickening black haze in which danced a meter-long bar of sunfire. Mace pressed back the darkness with a relentless straightahead march; his own blade, that distinctive amethyst blaze that had been the final sight of so many evil beings across the galaxy, made a haze of its own: an oblate sphere of purple fire within which there seemed to be dozens of swords slashing in all directions at once.''

Anakin fails to see Mace (though he could clearly sense them) and Palpatine; (Canon)

''The shadow he fought, that blur of speed-could that be Palpatine? Their blades flared and flashed, crashing together with bursts of fire, weaving nets of killing energy in exchanges so fast that Anakin could not truly see them-''

Darkness had no power on Mace; (Canon)

''Mace was deep in it now: submerged in Vaapad, swallowed by it, he no longer truly existed as an independent being. Vaapad is a channel for darkness, and that darkness flowed both ways. He accepted the furious speed of the Sith Lord, drew the shadow's rage and power into his inmost center- And let it fountain out again. He was not afraid. The darkness had no power over him.''

Mace and Palpatine using every cubic centimeter in the room, and Mace feeling his shatterpoint; (Canon)

''Vaapad made him an open channel, half of a superconducting loop completed by the shadow; they became a standing wave of battle that expanded into every cubic centimeter of the Chancellor's office. There was no scrap of carpet nor shred of chair that might not at any second disintegrate in flares of red or purple; lampstands became brief shields, sliced into segments that whirled through the air; couches became terrain to be climbed for advantage or overleapt in retreat.

But there was still only the cycle of power, the endless loop, no wound taken on either side, not even the possibility of fatigue. Impasse. Which might have gone on forever, if Vaapad were Mace's only gift. The fighting was effortless for him now; he let his body handle it without the intervention of his mind. While his blade spun and crackled, while his feet slid and his weight shifted and his shoulders turned in precise curves of their own direction, his mind slid along the circuit of dark power, tracing it back to its limitless source.

Feeling for its shatterpoint.''

Finally, the duels ends, he wins (although with a Force amplification). (Canon)

''Out where the shadow's fear made it hesitate. Out where the shadow's fear turned some of its Force-powered speed into a Force-powered grip on the slippery permacrete. Out where Mace could flick his blade in one precise arc and slash the shadow's lightsaber in half. One piece flipped back in through the cut-open window. The other tumbled from opening fingers, bounced on the ledge, and fell through the rain toward the distant alleys below. "For all your power, you are no Jedi. All you are, my lord," Mace said evenly, staring past his blade, "is under arrest."

Mace was ready to finish Sidious; (Canon)

The lightning swallowed itself, leaving only the night and the rain, and an old man crumpled to his knees on a slippery ledge. "I ... can't. I give up. I ... I am too weak, in the end. Too old, and too weak. Don't kill me, Master Jedi. Please. I surrender." Victory flooded through Mace's aching body. He lifted his blade.

"You Sith disease-"

Because of his focus and his concentration on Sidious and Sidious's shatterpoint, he fails to see Anakin's betrayal. (Canon)

''Before he could follow through on his stroke, a sudden arc of blue plasma sheared through his wrist and his hand tumbled away with his lightsaber still in it and Palpatine roared back to his feet and lightning speared from the Sith Lord's hands and without his blade to catch it, the power of Palpatine's hate struck him full-on. He had been so intent on Palpatine's shatterpoint that he'd never thought to look for Anakin's.''

Mace also uses the Force to protect himself from Palpatine's Force lightning. (Canon)

No Caption Provided

Mace Windu : ''You are well-versed in the ways of the Jedi, but you are no Jedi!''

Source : Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith Graphic Novel (2005)

FORCE LIGHTNING DEFLECTION

Mace manages to deflect Sidious's powerful Force lightning right back into Sidious, due to his lightsaber mastery and his powerful stamina, (Canon)

No Caption Provided

This deflection also causes scars at Sidious, which is implied more than once. (Canon)

"He is a traitor, Anakin. Destroy him. You're the chosen one, Anakin," Mace said, his voice going thin with strain. This was beyond Vaapad; he had no strength left to fight against his own blade. "Take him. It's your destiny.'" Skywalker echoed him faintly. "Destiny ..."

"Help me! I can't hold on any longer!" The yellow glare from Palpatine's eyes spread outward through his flesh. His skin flowed like oil, as though the muscle beneath was burning away, as though even the bones of his skull were softening, were bending and bulging, deforming from the heat and pressure of his electric hatred. "He is killing me, Anakin-! Please, Anaaahhh-" Mace's blade bent so close to his face that he was choking on ozone. "Anakin, he's too strong for me-" "Ahhh-" Palpatine's roar above above the endless blast of lightning became a fading moan of despair. The lightning swallowed itself, leaving only the night and the rain, and an old man crumpled to his knees on a slippery ledge.

"I ... can't. I give up. I ... I am too weak, in the end. Too old, and too weak. Don't kill me, Master Jedi. Please. I surrender." Victory flooded through Mace's aching body. He lifted his blade.''

About the injury; (Canon)

''Bail slipped into the rear of the Naboo delegation's Senate pod as Palpatine thundered from the podium, "These Jedi murderers (Mace Windu and his friends) left me scarred, left me deformed,but they could not scar my integrity! They could not deform my resolve!''

A different source; (Legends)

No Caption Provided

Darth Sidious : ''You see the ravages wreaked on my body. Proof of the Jedi (Mace Windu)'s betrayal.''

Source : Star Wars: Republic #78 (2005)

A different source; (Legends)

''The Emperor's face was gnarled and twisted, deformed by the Sith lightning that had been briefly deflected by Mace Windu during their battle.''

Source: The Rise and Fall of Darth Vader (2007)

Starwars.com confirms that it was Windu scarred Palpatine's face, not that it was his true face.

No Caption Provided

Source: Starwars.com/databank/darth-sidious-biography-gallery

LEGACY

After his death, Sidious talks about Windu, and says ''Even Mace Windu nor Yoda couldn't defeat me !'' This (once more) proves that Windu was in the same league with Yoda. (Legends)

No Caption Provided

Darth Sidious : ''Nonsense! The few surviving Jedi are scattered throughout the galaxy. Mace Windu and his friends could not defeat me! Nor could Yoda.''

Source : Purge - Last Stand of the Jedi (2005)

Boba Fett still remembers Mace Windu. (Legends)

No Caption Provided

Boba Fett : ''He was murdered by a madman.''

Source : Blood Ties - Jango and Boba Fett (2011)

INFLUENCE ON THE JEDI COUNCIL

No Caption Provided

Mace Windu : ''You're chasing rumors and ghosts Skywalker. And you have overstepped.''

Source : Darth Vader and the Ghost Prison (2012)

Even after Order 66, Quinlan Vos still remembers the lessons of Mace Windu. Mace teleports himself to behind of Quinlan Vos. (Legends)

No Caption Provided

Mace Windu : ''Find me.''

Quinlan Vos : ''As you wish, Master Windu.''

Mace Windu : ''Jedi do not need to see their opponent to find them, Master Vos. Wait until my guard is open. Strike when you think you see an easy victory.''

No Caption Provided

Mace Windu : ''The lesson-- Remain mindful of the force, while letting your body appear defenseless...''

Source : Star Wars: Republic #83 (2006)

Thanks for reading.

My other Star Wars threads;

Avatar image for deactivated-5c80832cdb7ee
    deactivated-5c80832cdb7ee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Windu really did died A Very good Man too though

legacy6364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

You got my respect.

Great thread.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c80832cdb7ee
    deactivated-5c80832cdb7ee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Erkan12

@legacy6364: Thanks.

@b_tank said:

Windu really did died A Very good Man too though

Thanks to Emokin's betrayal.

Avatar image for ssjdarthplagueis
    SSJDarthPlagueis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By SSJDarthPlagueis

Nice respect trend.

Transformaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All hail the mighty mace windu!

jantjepeter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By jantjepeter
    No Caption Provided

Great thread man .

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Awesome

ViperSixteen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11  Edited By ViperSixteen
    Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Erkan12

@yousufkhan1212: Yes, I've seen it. It would be cool to see him in the Rebels though, but as far as I am concerned, Mace is dead. Also the producers of the Rebels TV show says the same.

No Caption Provided

ViperSixteen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5988def3424a7
    deactivated-5988def3424a7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Mace Windu is a legend, easily my favorite character in Star Wars. They should do an animated solo series with Mace. Sam jackson can lend his voice and likeness to the character. I would watch it. He's one of the best at what he did. An extraordinary individual and badass.

Necromancer76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Noice, noice

redheathen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WOW

How did I ever miss this? It's been here a while, but very nice work. =)

Dawn_of_Ages

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Impressive, most impressive. Just to add a few quotes:

A respected Jedi with powers on par with those of the venerable Yoda, Mace Windu was a senior member of the Jedi High Council whose wisdom and judgment were legendary.

Star Wars Fact Files

A respected Jedi on par with the venerable Yoda, Mace Windu is also a senior member of the Jedi High Council.

Star Wars Chronicles: Prequels

A respected Jedi on par with the venerable Yoda, Mace Windu was a senior member of the Jedi High Council.

Star Wars Databank

A respected Jedi on par with the venerable Yoda, Mace Windu was a senior member of the Jedi High Council.

Star Wars Battlefront II Prima Guide
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

(credit to LordoftheLight)

xolthol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Really good

Avatar image for amethystgravity
    AmethystGravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice work!

Avatar image for deactivated-5cae4704c27f5
    deactivated-5cae4704c27f5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice

Avatar image for deactivated-5c4df01082e4b
    deactivated-5c4df01082e4b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

gewd work

Kilius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just read Emissaries to Malastare for the first time; pretty good stuff, as with much of the early Republic Comics. I love it when much of the Council goes on one mission together.

Lord_Tenebrous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A few additions.

Mace Windu is repeatedly stated to be the great champion of the Jedi Order:

"A grim Jedi Master with an amethyst-bladed lightsaber, Mace Windu was the champion of the Jedi Order, with little tolerance for the failings of the Senate, the arguments of politicians, or the opinions of rebellious Jedi."

-- StarWars.com: Databank

"Sidious then blasted Mace with Force lightning, sending the great Jedi champion plummeting to his death."

"In the last years of the Republic, Mace Windu felt strange currents at work in the Force. Long the Jedi’s champion, he sought to maintain the Order’s ancient traditions amid galactic unrest and political corruption." 

"Before Mace's blow could land, a desperate Anakin ignited his own saber and struck off Mace's hand. Sidious then blasted Mace with Force Lightning, killing the Order's great champion."

-- StarWars.com: Biographry Gallery

Mace Windu possesses enormous power:

"Second only to Grand Master Yoda in authority and Force strength, Mace Windu wields tremendous power."

-- Star Wars: The Force Inside

A hyperbolic source claims that Mace is Yoda's equal:

" Perhaps only Mace Windu equaled [Yoda] in skill and reputation..."

-- Power of the Jedi

Mace Windu is renowned as a fighter:

"During the Clone Wars, Mace’s forays onto the battlefield showed why he was renowned as a warrior."

Mace Windu casually punches off the roof-thingy of his starship:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/jMhzzsxVEHu8XfeR6

https://photos.app.goo.gl/gLp1ppYXz3x3YTu68

Mace Windu is a legendary Jedi Master:

"In the latter days of the Old Republic, Yoda served as Grand Master of the Jedi Council, conferring with legendary Jedi Masters like Mace Windu and Ki-Adi-Mundi on matters important to the Republic."

Mace Windu is among the greatest of Jedi Masters:

"Palpatine held regular meetings with Yoda, Mace Windu, and other top-ranking Jedi, and even the greatest Jedi Masters failed to see the evil Sith Lord lurking beneath the good-natured politician."

-- StarWars.com: Biography Gallery

Some sources about how Mace gained the edge over Sidious in their duel:

"The Jedi barged into Palpatine's most private offices. Mace attempted to arrest the Chancellor, but Palpatine sprang into action. Brandishing a lightsaber, Palpatine dropped the guise of harmless politician and emerged as deadly Sith Lord. Sidious quickly killed Tiin, Kolar and Fistoand forced Windu back into the main office chamber. Just then, Anakin Skywalker arrived, disobeying Windu's direct order. Windu had disarmed Sidious and cornered the treacherous Sith Lord into the frame of his expansive office window. Fearing that Sidious was too powerful to take prisoner -- the Dark Lord still had control of the Senate and courts -- Windu moved to deliver a deathblow. Torn between his loyalties, and needing Palpatine alive to fulfill his quest for arcane knowledge to preserve the life of his beloved, Anakin acted. In an emotionally charged action, Anakin ignited his lightsaber blade and sheared off Mace Windu's weapon hand before he could strike Palpatine."

-- StarWars.com: Databank(Old)

"Mace prevailed and appeared to defeat Sidious." 

-- StarWars.com: Databank(https://photos.app.goo.gl/LPpf8qnWTqpRt9Di9)

"Mace cornered Sidious, and the Sith Lord unleashed torrents of dark Force lightning at his opponent, some of which were deflected back at Sidious, forever scarring his face."

-- StarWars.com: Darth Biography Gallery

"They stop as MACE forces PALPATINE to drop his sword. PALPATINE and MACE start yelling at each other."

-- Revenge of the Sith Original Script

A hyperbolic source states that Mace is the greatest fighter on the Jedi Council:

"Mace Windu -- The Council's greatest battlefield general and warrior."

-- Absolutely Everything You Need To Know About Star Wars

Mace Windu and Darth Sidious fought an intense duel:

"Mace arranged a posse of Jedi Masters to confront Darth Sidious and arrest him. The Sith Lord did not go willingly, springing into action and killing three Jedi Masters before engaging Windu in an intense lightsaber duel."

-- StarWars.com: Biography Gallery

Among the Jedi, Mace is second only to Yoda in his mastery of the Force: 

"Second only to Grand Master Yoda in authority and Force strength, Mace Windu wields tremendous power."

-- Star Wars: The Force Inside 

A hyperbolic quote states Mace Windu to have power on Yoda's level. It also states him to be a blademaster, to be powerfully built, to be an esteemed warrior, a legendary swordsman, a legendary Force user, one of the most skilled members of the Jedi Order, and to be one of the most skilled Jedi duelists in galactic history. 8 in 1:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/qC8wNznZiRamT3SEA

Mace Windu was considered to be one of the foremost duelists in the Jedi Order:

"There is an understated elegance in Obi-Wan Kenobi's lightsaber technique, one that is quite unlike the feel one might get from the great swordbeings of the Jedi Order. He lacked entirely the flash, the pure bold elan of an Anakin Skywalker; there is nowhere in him the penumbral ferocity of a Mace Windu or a Depa Billaba, nor the stylish grace of a Shaak Ti or a Dooku, and he is nothing resembling the whirlwind of destruction that Yoda could become..."

-- Revenge of the Sith novelization

Mace Windu was considered to be one of the best lightsaber masters to ever live: 

"Which would leave Mace and Agen Kolar -- both among the greatest bladesbeings the Jedi Order had ever produced -- here on Coruscant in case Sidious did indeed take this opportunity to make a dramatic move." 

Obi-Wan Kenobi, a famed duelist, and ranking master of Form III, Soresu, who has held his own against Sith Lords Count Dooku, Darth Vader, and Darth Maul, as well as feared Jedi killers such as General Grievous, Savage Opress and Asajj Ventress, plus Dark Jedi like A'sharad Hett, views Mace Windu as one of the greatest swordmasters in galactic history:

"Palpatine faced Mace and Agen and Kit and Saesee -- four of the greatest swordsmen our Order has ever produced. By himself. Even both of us together wouldn't have a chance."

Mace, while injured and pinned down, lifts and moves a large piece of metal scrap:

https://youtu.be/MFp8cNMEt9E

^^ 1:34-1:43

He's widely considered to be equal with Yoda as a swordsman:

"Though Yoda's junior by hundreds of years, Mace Windu was considered his equal in terms of ability, insight, and command."

-- Power of the Jedi

"[Mace Windu was] believed by many Jedi to be on par with Master Yoda in his skills with the lightsaber."

-- Clone Wars Campaign Guide 

A hyperbolic source declares Windu to be the most skilled Jedi of his time:

"Master Mace Windu is arguably the most skilled Lightsaber user alive."

-- Clone Wars Adventures 

Mace telekinetically hurls a large number of droids:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/Go93BSubpmmfpSRD9

https://photos.app.goo.gl/wox5Uq2APBAnvaTy9

https://photos.app.goo.gl/TL4RfgmSU3GUiXJt6

https://photos.app.goo.gl/PWHEuoExM8UNuwef9

Some accolades and feats to add.

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Updated.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.