Luke Skywalker Respect Thread: Rebellion Era Part 1

Posted by WollfMyth209 (12244 posts) - - Show Bio

Well fellow Star Wars fans, I will attempt to do the impossible... I will try and make a complete(or nigh-complete) series of Luke Skywalker Respect Threads. Of course, the first in this series of RTs should be the Rebellion Era(and early New Republic era) so approximately around 6 ABY. Credit to @shootingnova for a lot of the content here, and here's a link to his own Luke Respect Thread.

Note: This is best viewed in blog format. With that out of the way...

Respect Luke Skywalker

I am a Jedi, like my father before me.

-- Luke Skywalker

No Caption Provided

Power

Luke is tremendously powerful in the Force:

Tremendously strong with the Force, Skywalker never crosses the line into Sith hatefulness and ceases his attack immediately upon rendering his foe helpless -- an even more impressive demonstration of self-mastery than his lightsaber skills.

Insider #62: Insider

Luke's actualized power as of Return of the Jedi already rivals Darth Vader's:

Although Darth Vader and Luke Skywalker are equally strong in the Force, their duels are more than just about physical strength.

Beware the Sith

(Canon) Luke Skywalker is one of the greatest Jedi the galaxy has ever known:

Luke Skywalker was a Tatooine farmboy who rose from humble beginnings to become one of the greatest Jedi the galaxy has ever known.

StarWars.com Databank: Luke Skywalker

Luke Skywalker has potential in the Force that surpasses Emperor Palpatine's and Darth Vader's:

And the Emperor was right. Luke had much power in him. It was raw, unchanneled and untrained, but it was vast. His potential was larger than the Emperor's, larger than Vader's.

[...]

A body more powerful in the Force than Vader, potentially more powerful even than Palpatine. The body of a true hero, beloved by all right-thinking citizens in the galaxy as the very symbol of truth and justice...

Luke Skywalker and the Shadows of Mindor

Darth Vader considers Luke Skywalker the strongest Jedi he's faced, which puts him ahead of capable fighters like An'ya Kuro, Ferus Olin, Jax Pavan and most impressively Old Ben Kenobi:

Obi-Wan was gone, and the other Jedi were all extinct, save one, who was the strongest of them all. His own son. He had told the Emperor that Luke Skywalker would join them or die. The real truth was only slightly different: Luke would join Darth Vader or die. It would be something to look forward to. That would be the duel of a lifetime. This wasn’t even exercise.

Shadows of the Empire

(Canon)Emperor Palpatinefears Luke Skywalker's potential:

Luke paused, for he saw something else, as well; something he hadn’t seen before in the Emperor. Fear.

Luke saw fear in the Emperor -- fear of Luke. Fear of Luke’s power, fear that this power could be turned on him -- on the Emperor -- in the same way Vader had turned it on Obi-Wan Kenobi. Luke saw this fear in the Emperor -- and he knew, now, the odds had shifted slightly. He had glimpsed the Emperor’s nakedest self.

[...]

To rule the galaxy together. It would only take patience and a little wizardry, to show Luke the exquisite satisfactions of the dark way and to pry him from the Emperor’s terrified clutch. Vader knew Luke had seen it too -- the Emperor's fear. He was a clever boy, young Luke. Vader smile grimly to himself. He was his father’s son.

Return of the Jedi novelisation

(Canon) George Lucas notes that Luke Skywalker is what Anakin Skywalker could've been:

"He tries it with anybody he thinks might be more powerful, which is what the Emperor was looking for in the first place: somebody who would be more powerful than he was and could help him rule the universe. But Obi-Wan screwed that up by cutting of his arms and legs and burning him up. From then on, he wasn't as strong as the Emperor -- he was like Darth Maul or Count Dooku. He wasn't what he was supposed to become. But the son could become that."

Rolling Stones #375

Darth Vadernotes the possibility that Luke is perhaps even more powerful than Anakin, although this is more-than-likely false:

Anakin had been much like Luke Skywalker was now. Mere...potential. Yes, the Force was strong in Luke, perhaps stronger than it had been in Anakin. But the boy needed to embrace the dark side, to learn where the real power was, to achieve his true promise. If he did not, the Emperor would destroy Luke. Vader did not want that.

Shadows of the Empire

(Canon)Luke Skywalker, as of Return of the Jedi, is stronger than Darth Vadercould've imagined:

Vader watched Luke. His boy was powerful, stronger than he’d imagined.

(Canon)Darth Vaderfears Luke Skywalker's power:

For the first time, the thought entered Vader’s consciousness that his son might best him. He was astounded by the strength Luke had acquired since their last duel, in the Cloud City -- not to mention the boy’s timing, which was honed to a thought’s-breadth. This was an unexpected circumstance. Unexpected and unwelcome. Vader felt humiliation crawling in on the tail of his first reaction, which was surprise, and his second, which was fear.

Sense abilities

Here's a description of a Jedi's sense abilities from the Jedi Path:

No Caption Provided

(Canon) Luke senses Ben Kenobi's spirit:

His last feelings of hope were nearly gone when he sensed the presence.

But it was not the presence of the white giant that dominated this gorge.

Rather, it was that soothing spiritual presence which occasionally visited Luke in moments of stress or danger. The presence that had first come to him only after old Ben, once again in his Jedi role of Obi-Wan Kenobi, vanished into a crumple of his own dark robes after being cut down by Darth Vader's lightsaber. The presence that was sometimes like a familiar voice, an almost silent whisper that spoke directly to Luke's mind.

The Empire Strikes Back novelisation

(Canon)Luke senses Yoda's kindly nature:

For the moment, Luke could not decide whether to be frightened or to laugh. But when he gazed into those bulbous eyes and sensed the being's kindly nature, he relaxed.

(Canon)Luke senses something dangerous and evil in the Dark cave:

But Luke was suddenly distracted. He sensed something dangerous, something evil. 'Something's not right,' he said to Yoda. 'I feel danger... death.'

(Canon)Luke feels Vader's presence:

The room was deathly quiet, except for the hissing of steam escaping some of the pipes in the room. It appeared to Luke that he was the only living creature in this chamber of strange machinery and chemical containers, but he sensed that he was not alone.

'Vader..."

He spoke the name to himself as he looked around the chamber.

'Lord Vader. I feel your presence. Show yourself,' Luke taunted his unseen enemy, 'or do you fear me?'

While Luke spoke, the escaping steam began to billow out in great clouds.

Then, unaffected by the searing heat, Vader appeared and strode through the hissing vapors, stepping onto the narrow walkway above the chamber, his black cloak trailing behind him.

No Caption Provided

(Canon)Skywalker senses Vader's approach:

And Luke sensed it, too. Quietly he gazed out, knowing that Vader was near, that his victory over the weakened Jedi would soon be complete. His body was battered, was exhausted; his spirit was prepared to succumb to his fate. There was no reason to fight any more - there was nothing left to believe in.

(Canon)Luke senses the meaning behind Obi-Wan Kenobi's statement:

Luke sensed the underlying meaning in Kenobi's statement, he heard the words as a command. He shook his head back at the vision. 'I can't kill my own father.'

(Canon)Luke senses Vader's presence on Endor:

Luke hesitated, then said, "Vader is here... now, on this moon."

"How do you know?" Leia asked with alarm.

"I felt his presence," Luke answered, lowering his gaze to stare at a plank on the walkway. "He's come for me. He can feel when I'm near. That's why I have to go."

Return of the Jedi Junior Novelization

Luke joined his friends for the mission on Endor, but departed when he sensed Vader’s presence.

StarWars.com Databank: Luke Skywalker

Luke sees a black hole through the Force:

Credit to DaDivineKing
Credit to DaDivineKing

Luke senses a pillar Vader brought down through the Force and dodges it:

The breath mask tilted back for a second. A section of heavy bas-relief on one of the supporting pillars was loosened, fell away.

At the last instant Luke sensed it, jumped backward. The huge carved panel shattered between them.

Splinter Of the Mind’s Eye

(Canon) Luke senses the comfort and wariness of the pikhorns:

Luke shook his head. He realized he could feel the pikhrons in the Force -- the comfort they took in one another and the pleasure they felt in the shade of their glen. He could also feel their wariness about the intruders atop the happabores and their urge to flee, which was warring with their instinct to remain still and silent.

The Weapon of a Jedi

(Canon) Luke Skywalker senses the Emperor's fear:

Luke paused, for he saw something else, as well; something he hadn’t seen before in the Emperor. Fear.

Luke saw fear in the Emperor -- fear of Luke. Fear of Luke’s power, fear that this power could be turned on him -- on the Emperor -- in the same way Vader had turned it on Obi-Wan Kenobi. Luke saw this fear in the Emperor -- and he knew, now, the odds had shifted slightly. He had glimpsed the Emperor’s nakedest self.

[...]

To rule the galaxy together. It would only take patience and a little wizardry, to show Luke the exquisite satisfactions of the dark way and to pry him from the Emperor’s terrified clutch. Vader knew Luke had seen it too -- the Emperor's fear. He was a clever boy, young Luke. Vader smile grimly to himself. He was his father’s son.

(Canon) Luke senses the conflict in Darth Vader:

Luke heard something else, though. "Your thoughts betray you, Father. I feel the good in you ... the conflict. You could not bring yourself to kill me before - and you won't destroy me now."

Luke said, “Your thoughts betray you, father. I feel the good in you … the conflict.

There is no conflict,” Vader said.

Luke moved across the catwalk so he was positioned above the stairway. Gazing down at Vader, he said, “You couldn’t bring yourself to kill me before, and I don’t believe you’ll destroy me now.

Return of the Jedi junior novelisation

(Canon) Luke senses that Leia and Han are in trouble:

No Caption Provided

"Be calm," Yoda told him. "Through the Force things you will see: other places, other thoughts, the future, the past, old friends long gone."

Luke was losing himself as he concentrated on Yoda's words. He was becoming unaware of his body and let his consciousness drift with the words of his master.

"My mind fills with so many images."

"Control, control you must learn of what you see," the Jedi Master instructed. "Not easy, not fast."

Luke closed his eyes, relaxed, and began to free his mind, began to control the images. At last there was something, not clear at first, but something white, amorphous. Gradually the image cleared. It seemed to be that of a city, a city that perhaps floated in a billowing white sea.

"I see a city in the clouds," he finally said.

"Bespin," Yoda identified it. "I see it, too. Friends you have there, heh? Concentrate and see them you will."

Luke's concentration intensified. And the city in the clouds became clearer. As he concentrated he was able to see forms, familiar forms of people he knew.

"I see them!" Luke exclaimed, his eyes still shut. Then a sudden agony, of body and spirit, took hold of him. "They're in pain. They're suffering."

"It is the future you see," the voice of Yoda explained.

Luke can feel creatures watching him:

No Caption Provided

Luke feels danger:

No Caption Provided

Luke senses the fear in several creatures:

No Caption Provided

Luke seeks out bombs all over Cloud City:

No Caption Provided

Luke fights off and defeats several warriors while blinded:

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3

Luke Skywalker pilots a ship and shoots down another Bounty Hunter's vessel, with his eyes closed:

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2

Telepathy/Affect Mind

A description of Telepathy, specifically Affect Mind, from the Jedi Path:

No Caption Provided

Luke mind-controls a guard:

he lights under the canopy were dim; he could barely see the stranded-steel line. The carnival was done for the night, the acrobats and dewbacks and jesters long asleep. The crowds had gone home, and he was alone; alone here with the tightrope. It was quiet, the only sound the creak of the syn tent fabric as it cooled in the arms of the Tatooine summer night. The hot desert day gave up its heat quickly, and it was cold enough outside the tent to need a jacket. The smell of the dewbacks drifted up to where he perched, and mingled with that of his own sweat.

A guard whose mind had accepted Luke's mental command to allow him inside the giant tent stood watch at the entrance, blind now to his presence. A Jedi skill, that kind of control, but another one he had only begun to learn.

Shadows of the Empire

Luke mind-controls a Stormtrooper:

"Stop right there," said the stormtrooper who'd spoken earlier. He pointed at Luke's lightsaber. "That's a weapon, too." Luke extended a tendril of Force energy and answered soberly, "This is a symbol of honor. Not an offensive weapon. Let it pass."

"Let it pass," echoed the stormtrooper in the same sober tone.

The Truce at Bakura

Luke uses Beast Control, a type of Affect Mind, on a King Dragonsnake:

(Canon) Luke uses the Force to send away snarling creatures:

A strange insect flew at him from out of a cluster of hanging vines, fluttered madly about his head, and vanished. In the undergrowth, something snarled. Luke concentrated momentarily. The snarling stopped. Luke walked on.

Luke controls a Nightbeast, a Dark Side creature connected to the Massassi:

Luke Skywalker resists a hypnotic eye:

Back,” Luke ordered. The alien’s head turned. A deep black eye focused in his direction, and the nose-tongues flicked toward him. He channeled Force energy into his words. “Get away from her.” The eye seemed to swirl like a dark storm, beckoning for attention, sucking at his will. Unquestionably this one, or another like him, kept Dev Sibwarra leashed.

The Truce at Bakura

Luke scans the minds of 40 to 50 people:

Luke opened himself to listen through the Force. A babble surrounded him, the textures of forty or fifty nervous minds. Narrowing his focus, he reached straight across the chamber toward a massive repulsor chair, all gold and purples except for two banks of controls on the armrests. Wilek Nereus must have caught a faster shuttle. He sat there already, with his double-mindedness coming through as strongly as ever. Luke let his attention drift leftward, observing the senators’ reactions to Leia.

The Truce at Bakura

Luke undoes a brainwashing attempt and restores his memories:

Now, urged his inner sense. He reached deep into the Force and felt for the hypnotic control that twisted Dev Sibwarra to the aliens’ will. The shadow of something enormous darkened most of Dev’s memories. The boy had tremendous strength in the Force, though. Luke wrapped his will around the dark, roiling blockage and blasted it with light. Dev tottered backward against another table. In an instant, his mind had flooded with horrific recollections. His anger coalesced, small and stunted but as fierce as a P’w’eck invasion army. Disoriented, he blinked. The monstrous Skywalker had suddenly become fellow human. He didn’t feel depressed, just furious. He couldn’t need renewal...unless...

He stared up at Skywalker, who still stood on the tabletop, and caught a glint of keen eyes and the grim set of his chin. Dev strokes hid throbbing, clumsy left hand, remembering how he’d injured it. Firwirrung! His master had bound him with tender loyalty over years of abusive manipulation. Dev opened his eyes wide to the world, forsaking his squint. He’d never felt such agony or regret, yet so glad to be human. Despite everything they had done...had done...he was battered but whole.

Are you all right?” whistled Bluscale.

A shiver took him. He remembered everything now, including the speech habits he’d picked up during his imprisonment. “I’m all right. Are you, Elder?

Tell the Jedi to hurry along with us. Promise anything.

Realization flashed through him: The Ssi-ruuk meant to reduce humankind to breeding animals and energy sources. They would lie, ill, torture, and maim to achieve domination. They deserved nothing but hatred. Luke Skywalker called down from the tabletop, “Hate is of the dark side. Don’t give into it.”

Had the Jedi plunged him through depression into total release?

What?” asked Master Firwirrung. “What is he saying to you?

Confused, Dev answered automatically. “He apologized for killing one of our kind, Master.

Tell him to precede us outside. He must hurry.

Dev looked back up. In human speech, he said, “They want you to—“ A piercing siren echoed through the cantina. Abruptly Dev remembered the most terrible moment of his childhood, a civil defense scramble alarm. Invasion under way. He snapped back to the present and started at his masters, stricken. Had Admiral Ivpikkis attacked the orbiting ships after all? He’d promised that the Ssi-ruuk would withdraw if Skywalker came with them.

The Truce at Bakura

Luke resists and breaks out of the telepathic hold of Kharys, one of Darth Vader's best pupils who had a portion of his powers and knowledge:

No Caption Provided

Luke takes part in a telepathic battle with Cronal, who is a superior telepath to Darth Vader,and Luke prevails:

With that dream to comfort him in his temporary exile, he lowered his Shadow Crown upon his head and sent his will into the Dark beyond darkness, to take control of the mind in the stone.

But where there should have been Dark, he found only light.

White light, brilliant, blinding, a young star born within his head. It seared his mind, blasting away even his memory of darkness. He recoiled convulsively, like a worm encountering red-hot stone. This was more than light; this was the Light.

It was the power to drive off the Dark.

This was inconceivable. What could heat his absolute zero? What could banish his infinite night?

You should know. The voice of the Light was not a voice. It spoke without speaking, communicating not with words, but with understanding. You invited me here.

Skywalker? This light was Skywalker?

In the instant he thought the name, Cronal saw him: a shape of light, absolute, uncompromising, kneeling within the Election Center in the darkest heart of the Shadow Base, his hands solemnly interfolded with the massive paws of Kar Vastor. He had linked his shadow nerves with Vastor's, and through the intimate connection between Vastor and Cronal he had reached out to touch the Shadow Lord himself.

In the Dark, Cronal saw Skywalker smile. Thank you for joining me here. I was a little worried you might get away with that silly crown of yours.

This was impossible! This must be some hallucination, some twisted product of his Darksight run amok. He was in hyperspace! Hyperspace did not, could not, interact with realspace―

I was with Ben Kenobi in hyperspace when he felt the destruction of Alderaan.

No wall can contain the Force.

The Force, the Force, these pathetic Jedi keep nattering on about the Force! Did any of then even faintly understand how naïve and foolish they were? If any of them had even had so much as a glimpse of the real power of the Dark, that glimpse would have snuffed their tiny minds like candles in a hurricane―

Was my tiny mind snuffed? I must have missed that part.

Cronal could sense gentle amusment, like a patient uncle indulging a child's tantrum. Fury rose within him like molten lava climbing a volcanic vault. This simple minded youth had fooled himself into believing his paltry light could fill the infinite Dark? Let him shine alone within eternal night.

Cronal opened himself wholly to the Dark, cracking the very gates of his mind, expanding the sphere of his power like an event horizon yawning to swallow the universe. He surrounded Skywalker's light, and with a shrug of power he consumed it.

In this arena, minds naked to the Dark contending in nonspace beyond even hyperspace, there was no question of age, or health, or physical strength. Here the only power that counted was power of will. Skywalker and his so-called Force could never match Cronal's mastery of the Way of the Dark.

On this level, Cronal was Blackhole. From his grip no light could ever escape.

Escape? Me? Did you forget that you're the one who's running away?

Cronal suddenly felt, unaccountably―and unpleasantly―warm.

At first he dismissed this unwelcome sensation; he was too experienced a servant of the Dark to be distracted by a minor malfunction in his life-support settings. But gradually he became aware that his body―specifically his body's skin―did not seem to be warm at all. It was, in fact, chilly. And damp.

As though he had broken out, somehow, in a cold sweat.

He turned his mind back to the Dark, and became again the ultimate black hole. He examined the abyss of darkness he had become and found it flawless. Perfect. The ultimate expression of the absolute power of the Dark.

This boy, this infantile Jedi-ling, had thought his meager light could stand against that power? Cronal's black hole had swallowed every last lumen: Skywalker's light was gone forever. His puerile Force trick of light had done to Cronal nothing at whatsoever.

That's because I'm not trying to do anything to you. I'm doing something through you.

What?

How could Skywalker still speak?

A creeping dread began to poison Cronal's smug satisfaction. What if Skywalker was telling the truth? What if the boy had been so easily vanished because he intended to be. Had he already used his tiny gift of the Force to forge a link through Kar Vastor to Cronal...what if his light had not been destroyed by falling into the black hole that was Cronal's mind?

What if his light had simply passed through?

That's where you dark siders always stumble. What is the opposite of a black hole?

Cronal had heard this cosmological theory before" That matter falling into a black hole passes into another universe... and that matter falling through black holes in other universes could pass into ours, bursting forth in pure, transcendent energy.

The opposite of a black hole was a white fountain.

He thought, I've been suckered.

The Sith alchemy that had created the Shadow Crown had imbued it with control over meltmassif in all its forms; to drown Skywalker in the Dark, Cronal had opened a channel into the Crown. Through the Crown.

Through the Shadow Crown, Skywalker's light could shine through every crystal of darkness.

Every shadow stormtrooper. Every gravity station. Every millimeter of shadow web of crystalline nerves in his body, and Vastor's, and―

And Cronal's own!

With a snarl, he yanked his mind back into his body; it would require only a second to pull the Crown from his head.

Or it would hace, if he could have made his arms work...

In the shimmery glow from the viewscreens within his life-support capsule, Cronal could only sit and watch in horror as his skin began to leak black oil. This black oil flowed from every pore, from his ears and nose anr mouth and eyes. This black oil drained even from the channels within the Shadow Crown.

And not until the last drop of it had left his body could Cronal even take a breath.

He did not, however, have time fore more than a single breath before the meltmassif rehardened, encasing him wholly in a sarcophagus of stone. The asteroid of meltmassif around his chamber melted, and its shreds vaporized as they fell from the hyperdrive zone. Very soon the hyperdrive itself fell away, as it had been mounted on the stone, rather than on the chamber.

The chamber, no longer withing the hyperdrive's protective envelope of reality, simply dissolved.

Cronal had enough time to understand what was happening. He had enough time to feel his body loose physical cohesion. He had enough time to feel his very atoms loose their reality and vanish into the infinite nothing of hyperspace.

Astral Projection/Illusions

Luke projects suggestion onto someone else by creating an astral image of himself:

Miniature alien fighters had almost surrounded Wedge and his squadron, trapping them inside an escape-proof globe of energy shields and firepower. Luke fought down panic and funneled his emotional energy into the Force around and inside him.

He stretched out his own point of presence toward the tiny alien ship dead ahead of Wedge’s X-Wing. Touching it, he clearly sensed two almost-human presences on board the small fighter. Shutting out the nauseating sense of twistedness, Luke brushed each presence. One controlled shields, the other, all remaining shipboard functions. Luke focused on the second, driving Force energy into its center. Though weak and faint, it resisted with tortured strength. Its misery goaded him toward despair: No one deserved to live free, its whole being declared. By its reckoning, Luke could do nothing for Wedg -- and nothing to save himself --and nothing to save either human aboard the alien fighter. All were doomed.

Luke struggled to see through the stranger’s vision. The entire sphere of space opened around him. It overloaded his senses. He had to narrow his field of view to find Wedge’s X-Wing. On either side of his projected presence, another pyramid hovered apparently motionless, flying in formation. From the center of each triangular face, a scanner/sensor cluster peered back like a compound eye. Laser cannon bristled at each corner.

Fear, anger, aggression: the dark side are they. Yoda had taught him that his methods were as critical as his motives. If he used dark power, even in self-defense, the cost to his soul might be disastrous. He relaxed into the Force. Clinging to control for the sake of his soul and his sanity, he amplified the pitiful will. Its sense of humanity peaked, hopeless victory for a tortured spirit. It had lived once -- free. With all the intensity of the doomed, it longed to go on living.

Luke planted a suggestion in reply. But a good death is better than a life enslaved to hatred, and peace is better than anguish.

With suddenness that startled him, the alien ship altered course directly for one of its squadron mates. It accelerated to ram. Luke wrenched free of the other human’s will and sat gasping and swallowing.

The Truce at Bakura

Luke creates an illusion of his bloodscent:

Curled up in the darkness, Luke could think of only one thing to try. He breathed slowly and focused his attention on the pinpoints of living instinct inside his chest. He touched one. Neurologically primitive, its only response was to flinch and go on eating. They were obviously parasites. He senses their ravenous hunger. As panic threatened to immobilize him, he thought of the smell of fresh blood: sweet, warm, faintly metallic. He extended the thinnest thread of a probe toward one creature. Recognition: Some minuscule awareness understood. He imagined mouthparts pulling free and a head turning toward him. It was desperately hard to project the smell while judging its effect on a primitive, alien awareness. He brushed the second creature with the scent.

All around his point of consciousness, his own heart thudded. He swirled the scent-illusion away from them a few millimeters, tempting them to follow. One awareness dimmed out and forgot the scent. He brushed it again with the tempting odor of life. It hummed recognition. It drew closer. He couldn’t concentrate on both individuals. His body waited to cough, and within seconds, something was definitely in the way. He inhaled cautiously and then exploded, hacking. Something spewed out of his mouth. One wasn’t enough. Virtually exhausted, he crafted the scent-illusion again and stroked the remaining creature. Its attention flickered for an instant, then faded. He thrust again into its perception.

This time, he snagged it. Slowly, slowly, he led it along a dark bronchial tunnel. It radiated hunger. He tried not to gag or choke -- or swallow. Slowly he slipped a deep breath around the creature, inhaling until his aching lungs strained. Then he let go, retching and coughing. This creature caught on his teeth. I squirmed, making a gruesome mouthful. He spit it out and then flailed blindly for it in the dark cabin. Something squashed.

The Truce at Bakura

Tutaminis

A description of the tutaminis ability in the Jedi Path:

No Caption Provided

Luke easily absorbs several blaster bolts:

The other stormtrooper swore and triggered an autoburst from his carbine. Luke's other hand, the prosthetic hand that had replaced the one his father had taken, came up in an arc that precisely followed the motions of the carbine's muzzle and caught all five bolts squarely in its palm.

"Please don't shoot me, either." He turned the palm upward in a friendly shrug and let the astonished troopers stare at the only effect of the Force-blunted blasterfire: a faint curl of steam that trailed upward from his unmarked palm.

Luke, while amplified deflects a kinetite attack from Darth Vader:

As Vader drifted slowly back to the floor he grabbed his right wrist with his left hand, made a fist, and seemed to convulse like a man retching. A ball of pure white energy the size of his fist materialized in front of Vader's hands and moved down toward the wide-eyed Luke.

Something made Luke realize he could never reach his saber before the white glove touched him. He threw up both hands and looked away. So he didn't see what happened.

His hands seemed to blur. The white glove struck them, bounced back, and contacted Vader gently as the latter touched the ground. There was a soft crack as of an explosion far in the distance. Vader was knocked head over heels and the glove vanished.

But when the white energy ball had touched Luke's hands, the power inherent in the kinetite, or restrained energy globe, had thrown him to the ground. Had he resisted it unsuccessfully it would have thrown him across the chamber and through the temple wall.

Now he lay on his belly while Vader rolled slowly onto his side, shaking his head in disbelief. His eyes refocused, to see a shaken but otherwise unharmed Luke crawling slowly toward his lightsaber.

Splinter Of the Mind's Eye

Luke manages to briefly defend himself from Emperor Palpatine's Force Lightning barrage, though is swiftly overwhelmed:

Palpatine raised his spidery arms toward Luke: blinding white bolts of energy coruscated from his fingers, shot across the room like sorcerous lightning, and tore through the boy’s insides, looking for ground. The young Jedi was all at once confounded and in agony—he’d never heard of such a power, such a corruption of the Force, let alone experienced it. But if it was Force-generated, it could be Force-repelled. Luke raised his arms to deflect the bolts. Initially, he was successful -- the lightning rebounded from his touch, harmlessly into the walls. Soon, though, the shocks came with such speed and power, they coursed over and into him, and he could only shrink before them, convulsed with pain, his knees buckling, his powers at ebb.

Vader crawled, like a wounded animal, to his Emperor's side.

The Emperor said, “If you will not be turned, you will be destroyed.” Then he raised his arms and extended his gnarled fingers toward Luke. Blinding bolts of blue lightning shot from the Emperor’s hands, and Luke was suddenly enveloped by crackling bands of energy. He tried to deflect the lightning but was so overwhelmed that his knees buckled. He collapsed onto some canisters near the bridge’s railing.

As the Emperor continued to strike Luke with energized bolts, Vader struggled to his feet. Badly wounded, he moved slowly to stand beside his Master.

No Caption Provided

Endurance/Durability

Luke Skywalker endures a blast from a TIE-fighter:

No Caption Provided

(Canon) Luke survives a massive explosion:

No Caption Provided

(Canon) Once again, Luke survives an explosion, though this time it blinded him:

Luke survives a massive fall:

(Canon) Luke survives a massive fall:

(Canon) Luke endures the lightning of Emperor Palpatine, though it should be noted the lightning wasn't Sidious going all-out and part of it was dissipated by Luke's tutaminis, but it's still incredibly impressive:

https://youtu.be/YZ_j3s5xj8I?t=156

Palpatine raised his spidery arms toward Luke: blinding white bolts of energy coruscated from his fingers, shot across the room like sorcerous lightning, and tore through the boy’s insides, looking for ground. The young Jedi was all at once confounded and in agony—he’d never heard of such a power, such a corruption of the Force, let alone experienced it. But if it was Force-generated, it could be Force-repelled. Luke raised his arms to deflect the bolts. Initially, he was successful -- the lightning rebounded from his touch, harmlessly into the walls. Soon, though, the shocks came with such speed and power, they coursed over and into him, and he could only shrink before them, convulsed with pain, his knees buckling, his powers at ebb.

Vader crawled, like a wounded animal, to his Emperor's side.

[...]

On the Death Star, Luke was nearly unconscious beneath the continuing assault of the Emperor's lightning. Tormented beyond reason, betaken of a weakness that drained his very essence, he hoped for nothing more than to submit to the nothingness toward which he was drifting.

The Emperor smiled down at the enfeebled young Jedi, as Vader struggled to his feet beside his master.

"Young fool!" Palpatine rasped at Luke. "Only now at the end, do you understand. Your puerile skills are no match for the power of the dark side. You have paid a price for your lack of vision. Now, young Skywalker, you will pay the price in full. You will die!"

He laughed maniacally; and although it would not have seemed possible to Luke, the outpouring of bolts from the Emperor's fingers actually increased in intensity. The sound screamed through the room, the murderous brightness of the flashes was overwhelming.

Luke's body slowed, wilted, finally crumpled under the hideous barrage. He stopped moving altogether. At last, he appeared totally lifeless. The Emperor hissed maliciously.

The Emperor said, “If you will not be turned, you will be destroyed.” Then he raised his arms and extended his gnarled fingers toward Luke. Blinding bolts of blue lightning shot from the Emperor’s hands, and Luke was suddenly enveloped by crackling bands of energy. He tried to deflect the lightning but was so overwhelmed that his knees buckled. He collapsed onto some canisters near the bridge’s railing.

As the Emperor continued to strike Luke with energized bolts, Vader struggled to his feet. Badly wounded, he moved slowly to stand beside his Master.

Sneering at Luke, the Emperor said, “Young fool … only now, at the end, do you understand.

More blue lightning coursed over and through Luke. He fought to remain conscious and clutched at a canister to keep from falling into the adjacent shaft.

Your feeble skills are no match for the power of the dark side,” the Emperor leered. “You have paid the price of your lack of vision.” He released another bombardment of power at Luke, who writhed on the floor in unbearable pain.

Using the last of his strength, Luke lifted his arm, and reached out toward Vader. “Father, please,” Luke groaned. “Help me.”

Vader could see that Luke was on the verge of death. He looked to the Emperor, then back to Luke, who had curled into a fetal position on the floor.

Now, young Skywalker …” the Emperor snarled, “you will die.

Luke had not imagined pain beyond what he had already suffered, but then he was hit by a wave of power that was even more staggering. His harsh screams echoed across the throne room.

Beside the Emperor, Darth Vader continued to stand and watch. He looked to the Emperor again, then back to Luke.

Speed/Reflexes/Agility/Precognition

(Canon) After deflecting several blaster bolts, Luke sidesteps and slices a speeder moving at maximum speed(500 km/h):

Luke stumbled out of the bushes as the speeder was bearing down on him full throttle, laser cannon firing. Luke ignited his lightsaber and stood his ground. His weapon deflected every bolt the scout fired at Luke; but the bike kept coming. In a few moments, the two would meet; the bike accelerated even more, intent on bodily slicing the young Jedi in half. At the last moment, though, Luke stepped aside -- with perfect timing, like a master matador facing a rocket-powered bull -- and chopped off the bike's steering vanes with a single mighty slash of his lightsaber.

The scout kept shooting and aimed his bike straight for Luke. Luke batted away more laserbolts. When the scout's bike was almost on top of him, he stepped aside and swung at the bike's steering vanes, slicing them off. The scout's shattered bike hurtled forward then began pitching and rolling as it slammed directly into a tree. In a fiery explosion, the last scout was gone.

Return of the Jedi Junior novelisation

No Caption Provided

Luke moves so fast he practically flies, and crosses two kilometers in two minutes:

Luke watched the battle end while he was on his way. Using the Force to leap from rock to rock so swiftly he practically flew also relieved him of the need to watch his footing. He covered the two kilometers in about two minutes.

Luke leaps over several Stormtroopers, dodging their blasterfire, then proceeds to speedblitz them:

No Caption Provided

Luke sees TIE-fighters(that move at nigh-light speed) in slow motion:

Luke reached out. The Force was here, as it was everywhere, and it was no harder to touch deep in space than it was in the swamps on Dagobah. He let it fill him. The TIE fighters suddenly seemed to be moving slower. Luke’s hands flew over the controls; he moved the stick with sharp and precise movements. Swung to his starboard and lit the lasers, double-tapped the fire button.

Lines of fire lanced out and shattered one, two of the four TIE fighters. The explosion spat a hard spray of wreckage at him as Luke looped away. Shards of the destroyed TIEs sleeted against the X-wing’s transparisteel canopy, a meal and plastic hail.

Shadows of the Empire

Luke sees Guri move in slow-motion:

He had to trust the Force completely-Guri slowed, as if she were suddenly mired in thickened time. He saw her hand descending, saw it moving to smash him, but it was so incredibly slow, why, he could easily just roll aside and stand, before she ever reached him...

He did so. He felt as if he were moving at normal, speed, though there was a crackling feeling to his motion, a sound like a strong wind whistling about his ears.

He came up, pivoted, thrust his open palm against the descending chop, shoved it aside. He used his left leg, a sweep that caught Guri behind the right ankle. Her feet left the floor, still moving in slow motion, and she fell, floated down, hit flat on her back...

Shadows of the Empire

Luke senses a pillar Vader brought down through the Force and dodges it:

The breath mask tilted back for a second. A section of heavy bas-relief on one of the supporting pillars was loosened, fell away.

At the last instant Luke sensed it, jumped backward. The huge carved panel shattered between them.

(Canon) Luke moves faster than a thought:

Quicker than thought, Luke's lightsaber was there to meet the electrostaff, pushing Sarco back.

The Weapon of a Jedi

(Canon) Luke moves his lightsaber too fast for the eye to follow:

Vader swung at Luke, but Luke blocked and swung back, and soon their lightsabers were sweeping and clashing faster than the eye could follow.

The duel had just begun.

The Empire Strikes Back junior novelisation

Luke moves invisibly fast:

Luke's lightsaber flared to life and lashed out in invisibly fast arcs that sent bolts out and away in a fan, blasting into the rock of the shaft walls.

Luke moves faster than S'ybll can track him:

He[Luke] moved faster than S’ybll could keep track of him, and jumped over and behind a fragment of a broken lintel.

A New Hope: The Life of Luke Skywalker

Luke easily deflects a close-ranged blaster bolt:

No Caption Provided

The Nikto fired, and a red bolt speared at Luke. He let the Force flow, and the bolt ricoheted from his blade, bounced back...and hit the shooter in the foot.

Shadows of the Empire

Luke deflects the blasts of Prince Xizor:

He jerked his lightsaber from his belt, flicked it on, and let the Force claim him -- The deadly lance of energy rocketed at Luke --His lightsaber came across, an inward move, and stopped as if by its own vilition in front of his face, blocking the view from his left eye -- He felt the impact as the energy of his blade deflected the energy of the incoming bolt. It would have hit him right in the eye -- The alien fired again....

Again the lightsaber moved, directed by the Force. Another beam splashed harmlessly against the hand-made Jedi weapona nd bounced back and down, hit the floor, and burned through -- Xizor frowned. How could he do that? He couldn't be that fast! He fired again -- Guri leaped out into the corridor.

Shadows of the Empire

Despite being blinded, Luke deflects arrows:

No Caption Provided

(Canon) Luke easily deflects barrages of blaster fire from Stormtroopers:

Luke waves a curtain of light out of his blade, deflecting the blaster fire of over a dozen shooters:

When a man comes at you with a blaster spewing, you don't stand there asking stupid questions. Luke snatched his lightsaber from his belt, lit it, and whipped it up in a right inward block as he slid to the side. A blaster bolt splashed from the blade in a shower of red and orange sparks. The air stank suddenly of ozone. The techs were unarmed, and Luke saw two of them take hits and go down. The others scrambled for cover.

Koth Melan produced a small weapon and returned fire, hitting the lead attacker right between the eyes. The attacker fell backward. There were more behind him, boiling through the shattered doorway. Luke leaped forward, circled his lightsaber into a horizontal slash, and took down the next man through the door. Melan fired. The bolt sizzled past Luke's left ear and hit the third man incoming.

Beyond that, Luke saw, there were at least a dozen more shooters crowding toward the doorway. Maybe more. It wasn't as if he had time to do a precise count here --

More energy beams cooked the air, scorching past Luke and spearing computer consoles and technicians alike.

"Too many of them!" Melan yelled. "This way!"

Luke wove a curtain of hard light with his blade, deflecting blaster bolts and driving the attackers back temporarily.

Shadows of the Empire

Luke deflects the blaster fire of several Bounty Hunters, as he weaves a defensive tapestry:

A horizontal hail of energy bolts stabbed at Luke -- The Force let him move faster than he thought possible, and he wove a defensive tapestry with his lightsaber that turned the hard rain away. Ricocheting beams hit and pierced walls, bounty hunters, the floor, the ceiling. It was dangerous to be here, no matter where you stood.

Amazed as he was at his speed and skill, Luke knew it couldn't continue. He had to miss only one block and he would be a goner. Sooner or later, they'd get him. He ran forward down the hall, and the shooters ahead of him gave way against their own reflected firepower. There was a lot of yelling going on with the blasting:

" -- look out, you fool -- !”

" -- there he is, get him -- !"

" -- watch it, watch it -- !"

" -- I'm hit -- !"

He didn't know how far he had to go to get to the exit. He had a good idea that if it wasn't pretty close, he wasn't going to make it. But Luke went with the flow of the Force, continued to cut and block, to parry bolts and flesh and bones as the bounty hunters tried to stop him. There wasn't a lot of choice; he couldn't exactly stop to think about things. Ahead and to his left, the wall suddenly shattered and imploded.

Smoking debris spattered in all directions. Some of the bounty hunters were blown down by the implosion; others fled. Smoke roiled and filled the corridor; acrid vapor burned Luke's nostrils.

Shadows of the Empire

(Canon) Luke moves faster than Boba Fett, cutting his blaster before the Bounty Hunter can fire:

As Chewbacca untied Han's bonds, Fett flew over the pit, landed on the prisoners' skiff, and brought his blaster rifle up fast. But before he could fire, Luke spun with his lightsaber and hacked off the blaster's barrel.

(Canon) Luke, while blinded, deflects a blaster bolt from Boba Fett:

(Canon) Luke's timing was honed to a thought's breadth

For the first time, the thought entered Vader’s consciousness that his son might best him. He was astounded by the strength Luke had acquired since their last duel, in the Cloud City -- not to mention the boy’s timing, which was honed to a thought's breadth.

Luke strikes swiftly, like lightning:

No Caption Provided

(Canon) Luke Skywalker dodges an attack from Darth Vader, leaping away, then dodges his saber throw:

https://j.gifs.com/8qXkOm.gif

Vader broke the contact and swung hard at Luke, but Luke evaded the red blur of his opponent’s weapon and jumped backward, landing in a duty post that was encircled by eight illuminated control consoles. As Vader brought his lightsaber up between two console pedestals, Luke deactivated his own lightsaber and leaped high toward the ceiling, executing a reverse flip that delivered him to a catwalk that stretched above the throne room. Landing on his feet, Luke looked down from the catwalk to see Vader, still standing beside the duty post, breathing hard.

[...]

Luke ducked the lightsaber, but its blade cut through the supports that held the catwalk. Luke felt the catwalk drop, and sparks showered around him as the metal supports tore from the ceiling and he tumbled to the floor below. Uninjured, he rolled under the Emperor’s elevated platform and ducked into a dark alcove.

Luke deflects the blaster fire of an entire company of Stormtroopers(128 shooters to be exact):

A slight sideways tilt of his head invited Vastor to look around, which he did. Which was when he saw the full company of black-armored stormtroopers on a ring ledge about three meters above him, all with weapons aimed at his gigantic chest.

[...]

He snatched his pistol out of Luke's hand and popped to his feet as blasters opened up on all sides to rain plasma upon them in a roaring flood. Luke's lightsaber flared to life and lashed out in invisibly fast arcs that sent bolts out and away in a fan, blasting into the rock of the shaft walls. Choking red-black smoke billowed out from the points of impact, shrouding them in gloom so dense that the Falcon's exterior floodlights only gave off a yellow-brown glow.

"Stick close." Luke's voice was tight with concentration. "I'm not used to having to cover somebody else."

"Don't have to tell me twice." Han squeezed himself into a substantially less-than-Han-sized space at Luke's back and had barely time to wish that he knew a Jedi who was just a little taller before the Falcon bucked as if it had been kicked. The ship bounced off the shaft wall hard enough that Han had to grab Luke's shoulder to stay upright. "Chewie, dammit!"

"Not his fault," Luke said tightly, still carving smoke with his blade to catch stray blaster bolts. "The ship didn't move. The shaft did. The mountain's breaking up."

"Oh, great! Any more good news?"

"Yes," Luke said. "We're being boarded."

Dark shapes hurtled down at them through the gloom-storm-troopers jumping off the ring ledge. Han snarled something wordless that expressed vividly how he felt about having Imperial boots touch his ship and slipped his blaster over Luke's shoulder, snapping off a pair of double taps that caught two troopers while they were still in the air. The bursts blew them backward far enough that they fell short and tumbled into the shaft below, but dozens made it onto the hull. There were plenty more where they'd come from, and Han had a strong feeling that a stand-up fight against a hundred-some stormtroopers was a losing proposition under the best of circumstances. Which these circumstances weren't.

"Make for the hatch!" Han fired twice more, dropping one dark silhouette and knocking another spinning off the rim of the hull, while Luke fanned away a flood of return fire. "Let's see how these sons of monkey-lizards like open space and hard vacuum!"

"You first," Luke said.

"That's another thing you won't have to cell me twice." Red-glowing spheres sailed in through the smoke: thermal detonators. Some bounced away, but four or five maglocked themselves to the hull. "Uh, Luke?"

"I've got them." With his left hand, Luke swung his lightsaber in a dazzling flourish to spray blaster bolts randomly through the smoke, while his right hand stretched out toward the dets. All of them suddenly jerked themselves loose and flipped over the edge of the ship. Multiple detonations bounced the ship off the wall again. "Go, Han! Go now!"

Han took three steps, then threw himself into a flat dive that became a belly flop and sent him skidding and scraping over the lip of the hatch. He pulled himself in with his free hand and pivoted around his grip to land on his feet on the deck below. "I'm in! Luke, come on!"

More dets went off and lit the smoke with bloody flame, and there came no sign that Luke had any intention of following him. Han scrambled back up the gangway. "Luke, don't be an idiot!"

"I'm going after Vastor." Luke leaned into the gale of blasterfire as he worked his way toward the ship's edge.

(Canon) Luke moves faster than Darth Vader can gather his thoughts:

Before Vader could gather his thoughts much further, though, Luke attacked again -- much more aggressively.

Strength

Luke contends with the Coway champion, displaying decent martial skill, strength and endurance, although he was overwhelmed:

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5

Luke jumped around the edge of the water, trying to get some estimate of his rival's mobility. Either his opponent was too clever to respond, or more likely he just didn't care. The Coway headed relentlessly straight for Luke, splashing and kicking up water in a fine display of indifference to anything Luke chose to do.

As far as Luke was concerned, the Coway was far too enthusiastic about this contest. Its actions bespoke an assurance Luke couldn't begin to share.

If he remained where he was, Luke reflected frantically, the Coway would have to come upslope out of the water after him. It would give the worried youth a slight technical advantage. So he stopped moving around, checked his footing, and waited.

Arms outstretched for an unaffectionate embrace, the Coway charged.

Luke met directness with directness. As soon as the creature was close, he threw his best punch straight at the onrushing jaw. Maybe the Coway had glass chins. As it turned out the metaphor was inappropriate. The Coway's lower jaw was made of solid granite, not glass. Even so, the force of Luke's blow stopped it. For a second.

When it came on him again Luke jabbed with his other fist at where the solar plexus would have been in a human. It didn't even slow the Coway. Luke tried to duck and roll under an outstretched arm, but the aborigine was startlingly quick. It grabbed Luke's shoulder and spun him around.

Luke desperately tried to backpedal, found himself in water. The pond bottom was slippery and he fell backward, landing with a splash. As the Coway threw himself at him, he twisted in fear and found himself on top of his opponent.

With both hands he tried to force the furry head beneath the water. It wouldn't budge.

It was rapidly growing clear to Luke why the Coway had selected this slightly smaller version of themselves as their representative to Canu's court. He was lithe and agile and one big piece of muscle under all the deceptively soft-looking fuzz.

No other rules, he reminded himself. With one hand he hunted hopefully along the slick pond bottom for a rock, for anything solid and smaller than his fist. He encountered only sand, and all the probing unbalanced him. The Coway threw him off and fell on his chest. Unlike the native, Luke found his head easily forced under the surface.

A few centimeters of water served to turn the roars of the crowd to a muffled echo. He stared upward. Distorted by the water, the batrachian face of the Coway glared down at him. Inexorable pressure held him under with one hand as the native balanced itself with the other.

[...]

Thoroughly soaked and half-drowned, Luke staggered to his feet. He eyed the Coway as it rose again, tried to think of something to attack next. Meanwhile the native lowered its shoulders and charged.

This time Luke used his right leg. As the youth put every ounce of his remaining strength into the kick, his foot fairly exploded out of the water. It caught the Coway in the mid-section, roughly where a human stomach would be located. Whether from the tremendous force of the kick or the fact that he'd struck a more vulnerable area, the Coway let out a startled whoof! and sat down hard in the water.

Stumbling toward it, Luke lifted his leg and kicked again. The Coway wasn't so stunned it failed to raise an arm to block the kick. Simultaneously it grabbed the swinging leg and fell across it. Luke tried to turn over as the still sitting Coway pulled him toward itself by the one thrashing leg. If the creature could get its hands on him this time, Luke knew the matter would be ended. He was face down on the sand. There would be nothing he could do.

His dragging hands encountered something oblong and unyielding. A rock, but too large for him to get a hand around. He'd need both hands to raise anything so massive, and much better leverage than he possessed at the moment to make use of it.

The hand he feared came down on the back of his neck. It shoved downward, brutally hard; so hard that Luke's face plunged into the sandy bottom of the pond. He felt the clean grains pressing into his nostrils. Raised on a desert world, he was about to meet a death damper than any he'd ever conceived of.

His thoughts became hazy as his blood scoured the last dregs of oxygen from his lungs. A voice sang fancifully in the back of his mind. It was exerting him to relax. Well, that was simple enough to do, he reflected pleasantly. Relax he would. He was tired, so tired now.

The Coway took it for a ploy and didn't ease the pressure on Luke. If anything, it shoved harder, sensing victory. Then, miraculously, the pressure vanished from Luke's neck. Unable to think of turning to defend himself, of striking back, Luke shot to the surface.

Air! Most delicious of gases, it filled his starved lungs, those weakened bellows pumping harder with every fresh breath. Coughing up water, he stayed on his knees, delirious with the pleasure of being able to breathe again. Only when his system's panicky requests for oxygen faded did he think to turn and look for his opponent.

Blood trickled from the side of the Coway's head into the clear pond water. It was lying on its back, manifestly unconscious, maybe dead.

On hands and knees a thoroughly dazed and somewhat puzzled Luke crawled to the Coway's motionless side. With one hand he touched the other's face, raised a fist over it. But there was no movement. The Coway's distress was genuine and not some cat-and-mouse alien ploy. It did not rise to attack.

Another body was suddenly in the water beside him. "You won, Luke, you beat him!" the Princess was shouting into his ear. She had both arms wrapped tightly around him and the pressure almost sent them both tumbling together into the water.

Luke performs a fingerstand:

No Caption Provided

Luke performs a handstand for two hours:

No Caption Provided

It is noted that he did so for two hours:

No Caption Provided

Luke kicks down a Stormtrooper:

No Caption Provided

Luke knocks out an Imperial Officer:

(Canon) Luke performs a handstand while lifting several stones and balancing Yoda on his foot:

https://j.gifs.com/qjAGLr.gif

No Caption Provided

But Luke was not about to give up. He was determined to become a Jedi and, no matter how foolish he might feel in the attempt, would pass every test Yoda set for him. So he didn't complain when Yoda told him to stand on his head. A bit awkwardly at first, Luke inverted his body and, after a few wobbly moments, was standing firmly on his hands. It seemed he had been in this position for hours, but it was less difficult than it would have been before his training. His concentration had improved so much that he was able to maintain a perfect balance - even with Yoda perched on the soles of his feet.

But that was only part of the test. Yoda signaled Luke by tapping on his leg with his Gimer Stick. Slowly, carefully, and with full concentration, Luke raised one hand off the ground. His body wavered slightly with the weight shift - but Luke kept his balance, and, concentrating, started to lift a small rock in front of him.

Luke kicks Nick Rostu in less than an eyeflick:

The Force stabbed Luke with an instant overpowering Move-or-die; in less than an eyeflick his foot lashed out to slam Nick back deeper under the hull and he sprang into the air back-flipping away.

Luke breaks metal restraints:

No Caption Provided

Luke floors Guri, stunning her:

He came up, pivoted, thrust his open palm against the descending chop, shoved it aside. He used his left leg, a sweep that caught Guri behind the right ankle. Her feet left the floor, still moving in slow motion, and she fell, floated down, hit flat on her back...

Time speeded up.

Leia's yell still echoed down the corridor.

Guri hit the floor. He had never heard anybody fall that hard; it was a thump that shook him where he stood.

It stunned her.

Shadows of the Empire

Luke matches Darth Vader's strength:

Although Darth Vader and Luke Skywalker are equally strong in the Force, their duels are more than just about physical strength.

Beware the Sith

(Canon) Luke Skywalker kicks down Darth Vader:

https://j.gifs.com/zmqRY8.gif

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Luke drove Vader back to the stairway that descended to the turbolifts, then kicked out with his left leg, knocking Vader from the upper platform. Vader groaned as he flipped over backward and landed on the metal floor below.

Telekinesis

A description of telekines from the Jedi Path:

No Caption Provided

(Canon) Luke chokes a Gamorrean Guard:

Resolutely, Luke strode into the arching hallway.

Almost immediately two Gamorreans stepped up, blocking his path. One spoke in a voice that did not invite debate. 'No chuba!'

Luke raised his hand and pointed at the guards. Before either could draw a weapon, they were both clutching their own throats, choking, gasping. They fell to their knees.

Luke hurls a rock at Flint, stopping the stone he hurled at Luke:

No Caption Provided

Luke supports an AT-ST:

Luke instinctively lifts and throws a rock at a Coway champion:

No Caption Provided

(Canon) Luke hurls an object with enough force it knocks out Boba Fett:

(Canon) Luke easily calls a lightsaber to his hand:

https://j.gifs.com/Mj7MXQ.gif

No Caption Provided

Luke moved fast, turning to face the Emperor as he used the Force to make his lightsaber fly from the throne’s armrest to his waiting hand. His lightsaber blazed to life and he swung fast at the Emperor's head.

Luke swiftly calls his lightsaber to his hand:

No Caption Provided

(Canon) Luke performs a handstand while lifting several stones and balancing Yoda on his foot:

https://j.gifs.com/qjAGLr.gif

No Caption Provided

But Luke was not about to give up. He was determined to become a Jedi and, no matter how foolish he might feel in the attempt, would pass every test Yoda set for him. So he didn't complain when Yoda told him to stand on his head. A bit awkwardly at first, Luke inverted his body and, after a few wobbly moments, was standing firmly on his hands. It seemed he had been in this position for hours, but it was less difficult than it would have been before his training. His concentration had improved so much that he was able to maintain a perfect balance - even with Yoda perched on the soles of his feet.

But that was only part of the test. Yoda signaled Luke by tapping on his leg with his Gimer Stick. Slowly, carefully, and with full concentration, Luke raised one hand off the ground. His body wavered slightly with the weight shift - but Luke kept his balance, and, concentrating, started to lift a small rock in front of him.

(Canon) Luke easily sends back several grenades:

No Caption Provided

Luke closes the Millennium Falcon’s hatch:

He reached out with the Force and slammed shut the Falcon's hatch just as the Vastor body lurched to its feet and reached Luke in one lightning bound.

Luke disarms Han of his blaster:

But he couldn't just fire from the hip; Luke was in the way and Han knew stun blasts were useless against the Vastor body. In the fraction of a second that it took him to bring the DL-44 up to eye level to align the sights, the big man's right hand came free of Luke's shoulder with a weird ripping sound. Luke's shoulder, where that hand had been, showed black and glistening like the handful of crystal hairs back in the Melter crypt, and Vastor's hand was full of the same -- and while Han was trying to make sense of that, some invisible force snatched his blaster away.

Luke stops a bomb that was bouncing around intensely, then cuts it in half:

At two seconds to zero Luke's Jedi powers served him well. Directing his intense concentration at the black sphere, he forced it to stop darting back and forth in midair so it was no longer a moving target. As it remained steady and still, Luke sliced it in two with his lightsaber.

Jedi Prince: Lost City of the Jedi

Luke throws a small rock, that then changes the course of a much larger rock thrown by Darth Vader:

The Dark Lord lunged and Luke spun well clear. At the same time, Vader was staring not at Luke, but at the ground. A small fragment of the fallen ceiling rose, shot straight for Luke's head. Seeing it coming, he reacted as Kenobi had taught him? without thinking.

A much smaller stone lifted and intersected the path of the charging rock. The two met. Though Vader's missile was by far the larger, it was deflected just enough by Luke's rock to send it shooting past his shoulder harmlessly.

Splinter Of the Mind’s Eye

Luke Skywalker calls his lightsaber to his hand, and summoned it with enough force to break the glass containment that it was held in:

The lightsaber rattled on its small stand, then struck the inside of the glass case, splintering it. As Luke concentrated even harder, the lightsaber once again smashed against the glass, then flew past the sharp jagged edges of broken glass and zoomed toward his outstretched hand. Drawn toward him by a mysterious mental magnetic attraction that only a Jedi Knight could understand, the lightsaber was soon in his grasp.

Jedi Prince: Prophets of the Dark Side

(Canon) Luke hurls two Stormtroopers, disarming them in the process:

No Caption Provided

(Canon) Luke easily throws several droids onto Stormtroopers:

No Caption Provided

(Canon) Luke hurls several Stormtroopers and an Imperial Officer:

No Caption Provided

Luke performs a saber-throw:

Luke flung the saber in a long spinning arc. The big brown Ssi-ruu fell headless as the saber spun back into Luke's hand.

The Truce at Bakura

Luke displays skill with the saber-throw, manipulating his lightsaber with excellent precision:

The pedestal collapsed into a spreading pile of slimy goo, and Nick found himself sitting on Luke Skywalker's chest. Without pausing to consider how ridiculous they both must look, Nick triggered the chromostring canister against Luke's neck. Given the chromostring's ability to enhance systemic absorption of the vivatherin, Nick figured Skywalker would be jumping back to life any second now, which wouldn't be a second too soon, because the pedestal's collapse left Nick and Luke down on the floor with the goocovered piles of Pawns, who were now climbing over each other to claw at Nick's ankles and knees and pull him down and drag themselves up him like slashrats chewing down a turkroot trunk, ripping away his robes and gouging at his skin, and they were pushing him deeper and deeper into the muck, which was starting to flow up over his ears and into his eyes, and the more he struggled the more they piled onto him, until he heard what was, for a man in the midst of getting ripped to shreds by a pack of dark-sider controlled zombies, the sweetest sound in the history of the galaxy:

spssshmmmm

The hum got louder, and took on a strange whop-whop-whop rhythm like some kind of mechanical toy, a kid's gyrothopter or something. The Pawns stopped clawing at him and started falling limp, and Nick began to wonder if maybe he'd underestimated Skywalker's own bloodthirstiness until he was able to push himself up to a sitting position and get a look at what Skywalker was actually doing.

Make that: what Skywalker's lightsaber was actually doing.

It whirled through the air with no hand to guide it, spinning very much like the blades of a toy gyrothopter after all, and as it passed any Pawn it would dip and cant for a shaved second, just long enough to strike, and another Pawn would fall limp. Though they weren't even injured.

Because the blade struck only each Pawn's Crown.

A quick slash or two and a Crown would fall in smoking pieces, which folded each and every Pawn like a losing sabacc hand. Nick twisted to look at Skywalker.

"Shh." Luke sat just behind him, eyes closed in a frown of concentration, right hand lifted, palm outward. He was coated head-to-toe with a black oily sheen of liquefied meltmassif. "This isn't as easy as it looks."

The shining emerald blade whirled through a last few revolutions; the last couple of Crowns fell to pieces, the last couple of Pawns collapsed, and the lightsaber flipped back to Luke's hand before its blade shrank away.

Luke defeats Master Yoda in a spar with a saber-throw:

No Caption Provided

Luke triggers the controls of a ship, stopping it from crashing:

His fingers twitched as if he were tripping an invisible switch-and out on the dark spinning disk of the freighter, automated attitude thrusters blasted to life, dorsal on the mandibles, ventral to aft above the engines, slowing the ship's tumble. Nick heard the sudden shriek of overpowered repulsorlifts and the forward attitude jets swiveled to add their thrust and the freighter slammed into the ground, which must have been some kind of cinder pit, because the front mandibles drove in almost to the cockpit at a sixty-degree angle... and stuck fast.

And the ship just stayed there. It didn't fall over. It didn't blow up. It didn't do anything that any reasonable person would expect a ship to do after a full-on crash.

Nick stared at it with his mouth open. Some few seconds later, he realized he hadn't been breathing. "Did you... I mean, did I just see...?" He gasped. "Did you just now catch that ship?"

Luke opened his eyes. "Not exactly."

Luke manipulates several proton bombs:

Luke focused on nothing until he could feel everything. Nick's chatter, his own fatigue, the battle outside, and the doom lowering upon Leia all flowed into him and out again like water, leaving no trace behind. He let himself become clear as a crystal bell, so that he could chime with one pure note. That note was a tiny twist of intention that the Force channeled high into the atmosphere to gently-very gently-nudge the falling proton bombs. This very gentle nudge altered their trajectories by no more than a degree or two apiece, giving each a bit of an outward curve, so that instead of landing in a precise ring one hundred meters in diameter with the Falcon at its centerpoint, they landed in an equally precise ring four hundred meters in diameter, which meant that their overlapping blast radii did not so much crumple the ship as give it a very, very firm squeeze, much like how one might squeeze a rakmelon pip between one's fingers. And very much like this metaphoric rakmelon pip, the Falcon squirted free with considerable force.

Straight down.

Luke activates several bombs around Cloud City, displaying great precision and range of his influence:

(Canon)Luke, while enraged, sends a telekinetic wave that incapacitates Kreel, one of Vader's elite warriors, and, according to Han Solo, causes a Star Destroyer to shudder:

(Canon) Luke attempts to, and somewhat succeeds, in lifting his X-wing:

https://j.gifs.com/JZEJz2.gif

Luke closed his eyes. He tried to envision the contours, the shape, to feel the weight of his X-wing fighter. And he concentrated on the movement it would make as it rose from the murky waters.

As he concentrated, he began to hear the waters churn and gurgle, and then begin to bubble with the emerging nose of the X- wing. The tip of the fighter was slowly lifting from the water, and it hovered there for a moment, then sank back beneath the surface with a loud splash.

Luke turned his body to face the water. He closed his eyes as he extended his right hand, aiming his outstretched fingers at the submerged X-wing. He concentrated.

He sensed the X-wing’s dimensions and sharp contours, felt the weight of the ship and the water’s pressure against its hull. Was the starfighter underwater so different from a small rock on dry land? Eyes still closed, Luke felt a stirring from within, and knew the X-wing was rising.

As the starfighter’s nose lifted from the muck, Yoda’s eyes went wide with anticipation. But then Luke grimaced … It’s too big … too heavy … and the X-wing sank again.

The Empire Strikes Back junior novelisation

Luke's X-wing weighs 180.000 kilograms, or 180 tonnes, so even somewhat manipulating it is impressive:

180,000 KG -- Weight of Luke's X-wing lifted by Yoda using only the Force!

Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know

(Canon) Luke deflects objects thrown at him by Darth Vader:

A second piece of machinery sped toward the youth, and he again used the Force to deflect it. The weighty object bounced away as if it had struck an unseen shield.

No Caption Provided

For a viewing of Luke Skywalker's combat capabilities, please read Part 2.

Avatar image for greysentinel365
#1 Posted by Greysentinel365 (1752 posts) - - Show Bio

RIP Wollfs sanity

Off to a brilliant start though

#2 Posted by Emperordmb (1880 posts) - - Show Bio

@wollfmyth209 I admire the challenge you're taking upon yourself. Good luck with this shit lol

#3 Posted by DarthFallax (575 posts) - - Show Bio

@wollfmyth209 I admire the challenge you're taking upon yourself. Good luck with this shit lol

This, lol.

Lets see if you´re finished with them, before Ant finishes Jacen´s.

Nice therad, btw.

#4 Posted by WollfMyth209 (12244 posts) - - Show Bio
#5 Edited by Wolfrazer (14448 posts) - - Show Bio

@wollfmyth209: Why not separate between Canon and Legends? Why have both in the same RT? That's just making it convoluted and it could become confusing if people aren't able to tell the difference with the ( ) thing.

Plus Legends has waaay more and better material for Luke.

But anyway, nice.

Also wow, we finally have an actual weight calculation regarding a starfighter? It took them long enough.

#6 Posted by WollfMyth209 (12244 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolfrazer:Why not separate between Canon and Legends? Why have both in the same RT? That's just making it convoluted and it could become confusing if people aren't able to tell the difference with the ( ) thing.

There already is a pure canon-only RT for Luke. So I just note a feat is (canon) by placing that #canon thing next to it.

Plus Legends has waaay more and better material for Luke.

I know.

But anyway, nice.

Thanks(I'll assume you read both parts).

#7 Edited by Wolfrazer (14448 posts) - - Show Bio

@wollfmyth209: I know, but as I noted people might not notice such a small thing and it could get confusing and then it's just even more work to do that I don't think it's worth it since Luke has far more Legends material. Especially if putting Canon and then right after a Legends feat.

#8 Edited by WollfMyth209 (12244 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolfrazer: Ehh, well I did it this way and after finish that I really cannot go over and make just a pure canon section.

#9 Posted by i_like_swords (24511 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolfrazer: It's not really Wollf's responsibility to stop people from confusing themselves.

Nice job... will be impressed if you complete the whole thing.

Make a checklist of every source you need to go through via the wookieepedia source listing for Luke Skywalker and see if you still feel up to it.

Avatar image for radioactivehaggis
#10 Posted by RadioactiveHaggis (890 posts) - - Show Bio

Good work. Can't wait when you've finished all the Luke RT's in 2064.

#11 Posted by juiceboks (21591 posts) - - Show Bio

Yo, this is dope man.

#12 Edited by WollfMyth209 (12244 posts) - - Show Bio
@i_like_swords said:

@wolfrazer: It's not really Wollf's responsibility to stop people from confusing themselves.

Nice job... will be impressed if you complete the whole thing.

Make a checklist of every source you need to go through via the wookieepedia source listing for Luke Skywalker and see if you still feel up to it.

Thanks. Yeah, that's kinda what I'm doing. I'm using Wookiepedia to see what sources fall into an era, and see which of them includes Luke.

@juiceboks said:

Yo, this is dope man.

Thank you. :)

@radioactivehaggis said:

Good work. Can't wait when you've finished all the Luke RT's in 2064.

Thanks. I will try.

#13 Posted by YousufKhan1212 (2077 posts) - - Show Bio

Great work.

#14 Posted by Azronger (2624 posts) - - Show Bio

This is godly.

#15 Posted by WollfMyth209 (12244 posts) - - Show Bio

I feel like the second part of my RT is sad and lonely while this one gets notifications up the rectum. Anyways...

Great work.

@azronger said:

This is godly.

Thank you, loves.

Avatar image for amethystgravity
#16 Posted by AmethystGravity (1848 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice work! I'm not sure which area of Luke's impressed me the most; in all of the sections, he was quite impressive! Now I just have to read part 2.

Also, this seems like it might be a typo:

Or it would hace, if he could have made his arms work...

#17 Posted by WollfMyth209 (12244 posts) - - Show Bio

@amethystgravity: Thanks. And that quote is from Bantha's RT, so I have no idea why it says hace. I'll recheck LSaSoM.

#18 Edited by Wolfrazer (14448 posts) - - Show Bio

@i_like_swords: I know, but I'd think it would just be easier if he doesn't try to do both continuities in the same thread if he's gonna be making complete Luke RT.

#19 Posted by Zapan871 (1672 posts) - - Show Bio

@wollfmyth209: I think this could be worth adding. Kar Vastor considers Luke to be greater than the PT Jedi were, which would include Mace Windu:

I have known Jedi. Many, many years ago. That knowing was not a gladness for me. I believed I would never know another, and I have rejoiced in that belief. But it is a gladness to be proven wrong. I am happy to have known you, Jedi Luke Skywalker. You are more than they were.

"That's-" Luke shook his head blankly, blinking against the darkness. "I mean, thanks, but I barely know anything." So you believe. But I say to you: you are greater than the Jedi of former days.

--Luke Skywalker And The Shadows Of Mindor

Though greater can indicate different things than power.

#20 Posted by WollfMyth209 (12244 posts) - - Show Bio
#21 Edited by Azronger (2624 posts) - - Show Bio

It's not outright confirmed but I believe Luke used Force concealment to hide his presence from the Emperor in RotJ. I couldn't find a YouTube clip, but it's the scene with this dialogue between Vader and Sidious:

"A small rebel force has penetrated the shield and landed on Endor."

"Yes, I know."

"My son is with them."

"Are you sure?"

"I have felt him, my master."

"Strange that I have not."

-Vader and the Emperor, Return of the Jedi.

Vader only sensed him due to their Fore bond. That's the only explanation that I could come up with.

#22 Posted by Azronger (2624 posts) - - Show Bio
#23 Posted by WollfMyth209 (12244 posts) - - Show Bio
@azronger said:

It's not outright confirmed but I believe Luke used Force concealment to hide his presence from the Emperor in RotJ. I couldn't find a YouTube clip, but it's the scene with this dialogue between Vader and Sidious:

"A small rebel force has penetrated the shield and landed on Endor."

"Yes, I know."

"My son is with them."

"Are you sure?"

"I have felt him, my master."

"Strange that I have not."

-Vader and the Emperor, Return of the Jedi.

Vader only sensed him due to their Fore bond. That's the only explanation that I could come up with.

Ah, well that seems interesting.

BTW, you don't need to tag me when you comment my blogs; I get the notification that you commented.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.