Follow

Star Wars Universe

Concept » Star Wars Universe appears in 1596 issues.

The "galaxy far, far away" in which the Star Wars films and related works take place.

Luke Skywalker Respect Thread: New Republic era

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Edited By WollfMyth209

Welcome, one and all to the second part of the Luke Skywalker RT series. This time, I'll compile the largest thread of Luke's feats from 6 to 25 ABY. Before you read through this thread, I recommend you view Luke Skywalker's Rebellion Era Respect Thread(Part 1, Part 2).

Note: This is best viewed in blog format.

With that out of the way...

Respect Luke Skywalker

No Caption Provided

Power

Luke is a powerful and skillful Jedi Master:

Luke Skywalker, Jedi Master... a powerful and skillful user of the Force...

Dark Empire #1

Leiacalls Luke a great Jedi:

My brother is a great Jedi!

Dark Empire #5

Leia believes Luke is powerful in the Force:

And if Anakin had left a trace in the Force, then perhaps Luke had left one as well. Both were powerful in the Force, and their residues becoming mixed might explain why she had seen Luke turning to the dark side.

Tatooine Ghost

Luke Skywalker is the very essence of a Jedi:

And across the vast deeps of space, two masters[Luke and Palpatine] of power touch minds... one the very essence of the Jedi... the other dark beyond darkness.

Dark Empire #1

Luke Skywalker is a Jedi of the highest order:

But Skywalker, now a Jedi of the highest order, refuses to be saved.

Dark Empire #2

Darth Sidious notes that Luke has grown very strong in the Force since their last encounter, making him more powerful than his RotJ self:

You’ve grown very strong in the Force since last we met...

Dark Empire #2

Luke has grown more adept in the skills of the Jedi, once again noting he is more powerful than his RotJ self:

Throgh the long years of struggle, Luke grew more and more adept in the skills of a Jedi.

Dark Empire Endnotes

Luke’s mastery of the Force has grown, once again noting his superiority to his RotJ self:

As Han and Leia try to prevent the unraveling of the New Republic in the face of this fearful and inexplicable threat from the past, Luke sets out to track down the rogue pirate ships. To do so, he will team up with Mara Jade, with whom he will share his growing mastery of the Force and the ever-present threat of the dark side.

Specter Of the Past Publisher’s Summary

Luke resonates waves of the Light Side of the Force:

LEIA: Be careful, Luke! The Force is strong....they're both moving so fast, I can hardly see them....I feel waves of power....the Dark Side and the Light.....But......I feel......the Light.....is winning!!

Dark Empire I Audiodrama

Jaina likens Luke’s power to a thunderstorm:

Luke still had the boyish looks that Jaina recalled from the history tapes, but now he carried calm power in his lean form, a thunderstorm bottled up in a diamond-hard gentleness.

Young Jedi Knights: Heirs of the Force

Leia Organa Solo can never be as strong in the Force as Luke:

Leia had never really gotten caught up on her Jedi training. By now she was resigned to the knowledge that she was never going to be as strong in the Force as her brother Luke.

Corellian Trilogy I: Ambush At Corellia

Luke could become far more powerful than Darth Vader:

The great Darth Vader was a sick man in an iron mask! Yes, that mask inspired terror throughout the galaxy, but the feeble heart within was forever possessed by the impotent side of the Force.

You can be far stronger than he was.

Dark Empire #6

Emperor Palpatine believes Luke can conquer him if he learns the secrets of the Dark Side, indicating he has the potential to surpass him:

I see you have grown wise in the ways of the Force... you have achieved control. You are no longer the implusive youth, at war with your own anger... But you can still conquer me... By learning the secrets of the Dark Side.

Dark Empire #2

LUKE: I......will not......kill you......

EMPEROR: But you can still conquer me. By learning the secrets of the Dark Side. We both know there is no other way for you.

Dark Empire Audiodrama

Luke Skywalker is the greatest Jedi in the galaxy by 17 ABY:

Unfortunately for Leia, Kueller got to Luke first, returning him to Almania to await the arrival of Leia. Kueller intended to kill the two greatest Jedi in the galaxy, leaving the way clear for him to rule.

The Official Star Wars Fact File #93

Luke Skywalker is Darth Sidious’ greatest adversary:

Filled with Dark Side power, the reborn Emperor engages Luke in a ferocious lightsaber duel -– and wins. Triumphant over his greatest adversary, the young Emperor vows to find Leia –- and the holocron –- and crush the Rebellion once and for all!

Dark Empire #6

Sense/Precognition/Farsight

A description from the Jedi Path:

No Caption Provided

Luke knows a variety of sense powers and knows Farseeing:

Luke can feel the Force in himself and others and know their feelings, thoughts and intentions, can sense the movement of mechanical foes, can sense the presence of other Jedi, can sense their strength and if the Dark Side infected them, and he can feel every type of disturbance in the Force:

He had an increasing ability to feel the Force in himself and others, and to know the thoughts and feelings of others, know their intentions. Through the Force, he could even sense the moment when an entirely mechanical opponent would strike.

He could sense the presence of another Jedi, even across great distances, and take the measure of a Jedi’s strength in the Force, or whether the Dark Side had infected him.

He could feel disturbances of every kind in the Force.

Dark Empire Endnotes

Luke can see into the future:

He could glimpse into the future, in its many chains of probability... and gauge which path events were most likely to follow.

Dark Empire Endnotes

Luke Skywalker senses Leia's in trouble:

No Caption Provided

Despite his Jedi senses being dulled by fatigue, Luke can dimly see dark shapes moving in the Force:

No Caption Provided

Luke forsees that Jaina, Anakin and Jacen Solo will become great Jedi Knights and feels their strength in the Force:

No Caption Provided

Luke senses the strength of Force-sensitive beast riders:

No Caption Provided

Luke sees seven aliens through his mind’s eye, sensing their location and then killing them with a saber throw:

He locked his lightsaber on and let his mind relax, reaching out with Jedi senses toward the seven figures, forming their image in his mind's eye. The alien watching him brought his weapon around the edge of the tapestry-

And, reaching back over his left shoulder, Luke hurled his lightsaber with all his strength.

The blade scythed toward the edge of the tapestry, spinning through the air like some strange and fiery predator. The alien saw it, reflexively ducked back-

And died as the lightsaber sliced through the tapestry and cut him in half.

The others must have realized in that instant that they, too, were dead; but even then they didn't give up. Howling a strangely chilling wail, they attacked: four throwing themselves around the sides of the barrier, the other two actually leaping straight up to try to shoot over it.

It made no difference. Guided by the Force, the spinning lightsaber cut through their ranks in a twisting curve, striking each of them in turn.

A heartbeat later, it was all over.

Heir To the Empire

Luke senses six humans and two aliens 200 meters away from him:

"Hold it," Luke cut him off. At the edge of his mind: "I think I've got them. Six humans and two aliens, the nearest about two hundred meters straight ahead."

Dark Force Rising

No Caption Provided

Luke senses C’baoth’s presence from hyperspace:

Luke tapped his fingers gently on the edge of his control board, gazing out at the greenish-brown chunk of in is X-wing's canopy. He could sense Jedi's presence -- had been able to sense it, in fact, since first dropping out of hyperspace -- but so far he'd been unable to make a more direct contact.

Dark Force Rising

Luke’s senses warn him of someone’s approach:

"Hold it," Luke cut her off, Jedi combat senses tingling a warning. "Someone's coming."

Dark Force Rising

No Caption Provided

Luke felt the pressure Mara Jade endured under Joruus C’baoth’s mental assault:

Mara looked down. Skywalker had risen up on one elbow, his silhouetted face turned toward her. "Did you hear it, too?" she asked.

"I didn't hear any words. But I felt the pressure."

The Last Command

The Force warns Luke and he turns in time to deflect three blaster bolts:

There was a flicker of warning, and Luke spun around just in time to sweep the lightsaber blade across three incoming blaster bolts.

Hand of Thrawn I: Specter of the Past

Luke senses the fear and terror of a Nightsister:

"You!" he shouted, and the Nightsister turned to him, her hood falling back. She was young, nothing more than a child really, perhaps sixteen. Luke could not imagine her being truly evil. He could feel her terror.

She began singing, and Luke raised his free hand with a gesture, used the Force to close her windpipe. The singing stopped, and she stood frozen, horror etched on her face.

"Don't make me kill you!" Luke said. "Promise me you'll leave Gethzerion and her clan forever!"

The girl stared at him, lit by the fires of burning Imperial walkers, eyes wild with terror, strangling. She nodded dumbly, and Luke could taste her animal fear. He let her go.

The Courtship of Princess Leia

Luke senses tremors caused by three Nightsisters:

Luke looked about, saw no sign of Nightsisters, but used the Force, felt a tremor from above. He glanced up, saw three Nightsisters clinging to the rocks three meters overhead as if they were spiders. As one they dropped to the balcony.

Luke feels Han’s terror and desperation:

Han sat for a moment, holding Luke's hand, and Luke could feel Han's terror. "Listen, buddy," Han said. "I've got to go. Leia is waiting for you up top. Take care of her for me. Please, take care of her."

Han tried to pull away, and Luke could sense the terror and desperation that raged in him.

Luke pilots his ships by feeling the enemy’s patterns and sensing where to direct his ship:

While this strategy made maximum use of the Task Force's weaponry, it also created a pattern that Luke could feel. The trick was to direct his mind toward understanding the individual subpatterns that contributed to the whole but to do so without conscious thought, because conscious thought took time and led to doubt. That being the case, Luke "sensed" where to direct his ship, fired when instinct told him to do so, and wove his way through a maze of outgoing laser fire.

Dark Forces: Jedi Knight

Luke, in his hibernation trance, senses the position of his X-wing was nearly twenty light-years short of Jomark:

There was no dreaming in the Jedi hibernation trance. No dreaming, no consciousness, virtually no awareness of the outside world. It was very much like a coma, in fact, except for one interesting anomaly: despite the absence of true consciousness, Luke's time sense still somehow managed to function. He didn't understand it, exactly, but it was something he'd learned to recognize and use.

It was that time sense, coupled with Artoo's frantic gurgling in the foggy distance, that was his first hint something was wrong.

"All right, Artoo, I'm awake," he reassured the droid as he worked his way back toward consciousness. Blinking the gummy feeling out of his eyes, he gave the instruments a quick scan. The readings confirmed what his time sense had already told him: the X-wing had come out of hyperspace nearly twenty light-years short of Jomark. The proximity indicator registered two ships practically on top of him ahead, with a third off to one side in the distance. Still blinking, he raised his head for a look.

Heir to the Empire

Luke senses a predator seeking its prey, and the change of the shifting jungle as two new Jedi arrived:

Where the river sloshed around a submerged, half-rotted tree, Luke could sense a large aquatic predator lurking in the shadows, waiting for smaller fishlike creatures to swim by.

The plants grew. The animals flourished. The moon awakened to a new day. Yavin 4 was alive--and Luke Skywalker felt energized.

Listening intently, he heard two people approaching from far off in the dense foliage. They moved quietly, without speaking, but he could sense the change in the jungle as two of his Jedi candidates made a path through the undergrowth.

Jedi Academy II: Dark Apprentice

Luke extends his awareness, scanning ruins and hills and deducing the presence of Imperials:

Luke extended his awareness, searching the ruins, the hills. "We'll have to talk about this later, " he said. "These were Imperial agents. There's no telling how close or how far away their friends are. We have to leave. We have to get back to the ship, now. "

Black Fleet Crisis I: Before the Storm

Luke senses all the living beings inside a temple and Streen’s progress in searching for him, whilst simultaneously cloaking himself in the Force so that Streen cannot sense him:

Something tickled Luke's consciousness at the hazy fringe of awareness. He closed his eyes and lowered his inner shields long enough to search the temple, reading the currents of the Force as they flowed around and beneath him.

There was life everywhere, for the creatures of Yavin 4 had long ago claimed what the Massassi had abandoned. Collapsed stairways limited most vermin to the lower levels. But stonebats had made nests in tiny ventilation shafts all over the temple's face, and Luke shared the eyrie with purple-winged kitehawks, which soared into the sky each evening to search the jungle's upper canopy for prey.

There was an unfamiliar presence, too-but not an unexpected one.

Streen was coming, as Luke had asked.

Luke had given Streen no instructions except to meet him at the top of Temple Atun, thereby turning the keeping of the appointment into a final test, and the temple into a puzzle and potential horror-house.

Concealing himself by exerting no will at all on the currents of the Force, Luke marked his protege's progress.

Even as an apprentice, Streen had distinguished himself by his maturity. That quality was evident in his purposeful ascent of the tower. He moved lightly through the rookeries, surefootedly through the dark passages.

The last fifty meters of the trip to the crown required a dizzying fingertips-and-toes climb up the steep, crumbling sunset face of Temple Atun. As Streen neared the top, Luke nudged the kitehawks into the air with a thought. They passed over Streen's head like beclawed shadows, crying and beating the air with their wings. But Streen did not startle. Holding very still, he made himself invisible against the crumbling stone until the kitehawks wheeled away, then finished his climb.

"I'm pleased, " Luke said, opening his eyes as Streen joined him. "You've confirmed me in my choice. Come, sit, and face the east with me. "

Luke can sense a Jedi’s presence from across the star system:

"No, " Luke said, shaking his head. "It's much easier for Han Solo to hide--even with a price on his head-than for a powerful Jedi, whether Knight or Dark Lord. A Jedi's physical presence is only a small portion of his connection to the universe. Change his face, hide him from sight, and I'll still feel his presence when he draws on the Force. It doesn't matter if he's in the next room or across the system."

Luke senses a disturbance in the Force, and tracks it down to the system over the star Corell, and proceeds to sense the general feeling of the entire Corellian System, despite being lightyears away:

Luke reached out and shut down the hyperdrive, silencing most of the alarms. Lando pulled the ship out of its tumble and hit a series of reset commands, quieting the last of the alerts.

Luke let his friend work. He could sense something, a huge and powerful disturbance in the Force. He closed his eyes and reached out with his

Force senses.

"What was that?" Lando demanded, when he finally had the ship put to rights. "What maniac would put an interdiction field way out here in the middle of nowhere?"

"Not out here," Luke said as he opened his eyes. "In there." He pointed through the viewscreen toward the stilldistant point of light that was the star Corell, at least two months' travel away at sublight speeds.

"It's very weak, and very subtle, but I can feel the way it interacts with the Force. We've just hit the fringes of an interdiction field that covers the whole Corellian star system."

"Are you nuts?" Lando asked. "No one could build an interdiction field that big. No one."

"Well someone has," Luke said. "It's here. We've just run into the edge of it."

Luke reached out again, this time trying not to sense the shape of a field in space, but the feel of the minds in the Corellian System. He did not try to reach any one mind, but instead to get some overall sense of emotion. Even at this extreme range, he ought to be able to get something.

But the power of what he got back astonished him. Hate, fear, revenge, anger, terror-all the dark emotions were running wild in the minds of the Corellian System.

Corellian Trilogy I: Ambush at Corellia

Force Cloak/Concealment

Luke cloaks himself from Streen’s presence, whilst simultaneously tracking his progress through Sense:

Luke had given Streen no instructions except to meet him at the top of Temple Atun, thereby turning the keeping of the appointment into a final test, and the temple into a puzzle and potential horror-house.

Concealing himself by exerting no will at all on the currents of the Force, Luke marked his protege's progress.

Even as an apprentice, Streen had distinguished himself by his maturity. That quality was evident in his purposeful ascent of the tower. He moved lightly through the rookeries, surefootedly through the dark passages.

The last fifty meters of the trip to the crown required a dizzying fingertips-and-toes climb up the steep, crumbling sunset face of Temple Atun. As Streen neared the top, Luke nudged the kitehawks into the air with a thought. They passed over Streen's head like beclawed shadows, crying and beating the air with their wings. But Streen did not startle. Holding very still, he made himself invisible against the crumbling stone until the kitehawks wheeled away, then finished his climb.

"I'm pleased, " Luke said, opening his eyes as Streen joined him. "You've confirmed me in my choice. Come, sit, and face the east with me. "

Luke demonstrates great range with his cloaking abilities, concealing the Vagabond, a 1500 meter long ship, to the point that it disappeared from view completely:

When Luke closed his eyes and began breathing in deep, slow waves, Eckels noted it without comment. But he was not wholly surprised when, a short time later, the vagabond disappeared completely from view.

"You have been practicing," Eckels said, clapping Luke's shoulder approvingly. "I confess I want to stay and document it almost especially the day when the Qella begin to emerge. But this is best, to leave them alone. Tell me, what will you have done last?"

"I don't know how long it will last," Luke said, gazing down on the planet. "Maybe not long at all. The forces affecting the ship are complex, and my teacher said that my touch is still too heavy. I had to try, though--try to draw the curtain and give them back their privacy, give them some time to heal, to build."

Black Fleet Crisis III: Tyrant’s Test

Force Heal

No Caption Provided

Luke knows a variety of healing techniques:

No Caption Provided

According to Mara Jade, Luke has remarkable powers of recuperation:

Slowly, carefully, Luke eased his legs over the side of the bed and sat up, giving his body plenty of time to get used to moving again. The woman watched him, her right hand dropping to her lap to rest on top of the blaster. "If the purpose of all this activity is to impress me with your remarkable powers of recuperation," she offered, "you don't need to bother."

Heir to the Empire

Luke heals a man of his burns, alleviating his pain:

He was obviously still hurting, but aside from some angry red burns on his chest and arms, he didn't seem to be seriously hurt. Laying his hand gently on the worst of the burns, Luke reached out with the Force, doing what he could to alleviate the other's pain.

Dark Force Rising

Luke has the ability to accelerate the healing process:

He could transfer a portion of his life energy to another... and accelerate healing in himself and others.

Dark Empire Endnotes

Luke, despite being on a Dark Side nexus and being in a state of near-death, heals himself through the Force either by controlling it or letting it control him(it’s actually ambiguous):

As Luke's life drained away, a soft buzzing filled his ears. His muscles relaxed like never before. Overhead, rancors still tossed stones. He saw a blinding flash as one boulder hit an Imperial walker, and the machine split, giving off a fierce actinic glare as it burst.

Overhead, part of the mountain exploded outward, tearing away. Luke could see Nightsisters there, climbing the steep cliffs, halfway suspended by use of the Force, like great black arachnids dangling from their webs.

A sharp ache throbbed through his temples, and Luke turned to his side. A boulder dropped beside his arm, shattered, and distantly he could still hear screams and, mingled with them, Teneniel's voice.

"The Jai never die," she said. "Nature cherishes them. Nature."

[…]

Luke did not feel like he was dying so much as expanding. He could hear noises all around, minute digging sounds of some salamander scratching beneath the rocks, worms burrowing beneath his head, a bush scratching a rock as it tussled with the wind. Everywhere was life, everywhere he could feel it, see the light of the Force glowing around him, in the trees, in the rocks, in the warriors above him on the mountainside.

The salamander raised its head above the soil, and it glowed with luminous Force. Hello, my little friend, Luke thought. The salamander had green skin and fierce little black eyes. It opened its mouth, and a white mist came out, stroked Luke as if it were a finger, and Luke understood that he was seeing Force, not just feeling it. A gift, the lizard whispered. This is a gift for you, and the gentle light stole over him, reinforced Luke's waning Force. Above him, the bush that scratched the rocks seemed to twist, and twigs of light bent down to cradle his head. Here, here it is, the bush whispered. Life. A nearby rock glowed white, and on the distant plains, one of the Blue Desert People raised its head as it fed in the rushes by the river, and its red eye stared across the leagues. Friend, it said, offering support.

Luke seemed to hear Teneniel's words, "Nature cherishes them," and he did not know if he was subconsciously controlling the Force, or if the life around him actually sought to heal him, but he saw the Force all around him, and he grasped those threads more easily than he'd ever done before.

To control the Force, to use the Force, was not such a violent thing as he had imagined. It was everywhere, more abundant than rain or air, offering itself. He had hoped someday to become a Jedi Master, yet now realized that there were levels of control he had never envisioned, far beyond anything he had dreamed.

The sweet power stole through him, and he did not know if he commanded it, or it commanded him. He knew only that he felt something heal in his head as ruptured veins closed, and then the vision ended.

He lay for a long time with his eyes closed, unable to do more than breathe, and wait for the Force to strengthen him.

Animal Language/Sound Mimicry

Luke mimicks the call of a krayt dragon, startling a vronskr:

Taking a deep breath, Luke screamed.

Not an ordinary scream; but a shivering, booming, inhuman howl that seemed to fill the entire clearing and reverberate back from the distant hills. It was the blood-freezing call of a krayt dragon, the same call Ben Kenobi had used to scare the sand people away from him all those years ago on Tatooine.

The vornskr wasn't scared away. But it was clearly startled, its prey temporarily forgotten. Shifting its weight partially off Mara's back, it turned, crouching, to stare toward the sound.

Heir To the Empire

Luke can create great sounds that stirred fear and made his enemies flee:

Like Obi-Wan Kenobi, he could create great sounds that stirred fear and sent enemies scrambling for cover.

Dark Empire Endnotes

Tutaminis/Force Absorption/Force Deflection

No Caption Provided

Luke knows how to absorb/dissipate energy:

No Caption Provided

Luke can deflect blaster bolts with his hand:

Like his father, he[Luke] could deflect a blaster bolt with his hand...

Dark Empire Endnotes

Telepathy

No Caption Provided

Luke knows several telepathic techniques:

No Caption Provided

Luke telepathically learns a language:

No Caption Provided

Luke communicates with Mara Jade through telepathy:

But she wouldn't remain concealed for long : and knowing Mara, she wouldn't just sit and wait for the Imperials to notice her. If there were only some way he could warn her not to fire on them yet :

Perhaps there was. Mara, he sent silently, trying to picture her in his mind. Wait until I give the word before you attack.

Dark Force Rising

Luke notes that one can use a telepathic link to calm and reassure others, indicating he has at least some degree of skill in that field:

You can use a telepathic link to calm and reassure someone, too.

Book Of the Sith

Luke easily manipulates a bloodlusted beast:

Luke raised his hand, palm out.

The monster snuffled and waited, motionless, its wicked tusks less than a meter away from Luke Skywalker.

The jungle fell silent. The breeze died away. Jacen held his breath. Jaina gripped his hand. Tenel Ka narrowed her cool gray eyes.

The silence seemed so overwhelming that when Luke at last broke the frozen moment, his whisper sounded as loud as a shout.

"Go," Luke told the creature. "There is nothing you need here."

The monster reared up on its hind set of piston legs, its eye tentacles thrashing in a frenzy. Then it let out another high-pitched trumpet before it spun around and crashed off into the thick undergrowth. Branches cracked, trees bent to one side as it plowed a wide path back to the mysterious jungle depths from which it had come.

Young Jedi Knights: Heirs of the Force

Luke telepathically communicates with Leia

It was more a feeling than anything approaching an actual word, but it echoed through Luke's mind as clearly as if he'd heard it shouted.

Help!

He spun around, the ancient tapestry he'd been studying forgotten as his Jedi senses flared into combat readiness. Around him, the large top-floor Tower room was as it had been a minute earlier: deserted except for a handful of Bimms strolling among the huge wall tapestries and relic cases. No danger here, at least nothing immediate. What is it? he sent back, starting for the next room and the staircase leading down.

He caught a quick vision from Leia's mind, a picture of alien figures and a vivid impression of a contracting noose. Hang on, he told her. I'm coming. All but running now, he ducked through the doorway to the staircase room, grabbing the jamb to help with his turn-

And braked to an abrupt halt.

Heir To the Empire

Luke gauges the mental state of several Stormtroopers:

Luke stretched out his senses, trying to gauge the stormtroopers' mental state. "I don't think so," he murmured back. "They seem to be thinking more like guards than soldiers."

Dark Force Rising

Luke telepathically communicates with Han:

Then a hole opened in the sky ahead, a brightly lit oval that hung above the beach like a doorway to morning. The sea shrike veered off, and the speeder coasted through the oval of light and settled on the floor of an otherwise empty high-ceilinged chamber.

Han twisted sideways in his seat to see where he had come from, just in time to watch the opening seal itself behind him.

Hello, Han, a voice said in his mind. Come up.

"Come up? " Han said, scrambling out of-the speeder. "There's no-" As he began his protest, the nearest wall deformed into a ladder, and an opening appeared in the ceiling above it. "Sure, " Han said. "As if it would have been any more trouble to make stairs. "

But he reached out and clambered up the rungs all the same, taking them two at a time as a point of pride. He wasn't happy, though, to hear his own grunts at the bottom or feel his heart racing at the top.

Han found himself standing at the bottom of a large spherical room containing no furniture or technology-at least, none that he could spot. "Now what? "

Keep coming, said the voice in his head. Walk up the wall.

"Easy for you to say, " Han said, starting to feel annoyed.

But the opening he had climbed through had already vanished, leaving him with little choice. He started up the curving wall, and found to his surprise that wherever he stood seemed to be the bottom of the sphere.

There was no telling whether it was a trick with grav fields, some sort of Jedi legerdemain, or the room itself was turning under him. Han tried not to think about it, though his steps became cautious as he went past the halfway point up the wall-or, at least, what should have seemed like halfway up the wall.

After he had gone a dozen more tentative steps, a section of the floor-wall? ceiling? -ahead of him dropped away to form a ramp leading out of the sphere. It seemed to Han as though he must be upside down in relation to the rest of the structure, but he found himself, apparently right side up, entering a large pyramidal room from one of its three sloping sides. It was as lacking in amenities as any space he had seen so far, and lit by the same curious uniform glow that seemed to come from behind the walls without making them bright to the eyes. The light was as cold as the air.

"Nice little tree house, " Han said, moving slowly toward the center of the room, looking up at the apex of the chamber. "And you've done a wonderful job of cutting down on clutter. I think you've taken the idea of concealed storage to a new level. You'll have to give Leia the name of your decorator. "

"Thank you for coming, Han, " a voice said behind him. "It's good to see you. "

Han spun around and found Luke standing one long stride away, almost as if he had been following Han. Han's face broke into a boyish lopsided grin.

Luke appears to use telepathy on Kam Solusar, reminding him that he is a Jedi:

LUKE: I sense your old life. Before the Dark Side ensnared you. (Sound: Force hum begins.) When the Force flowed through you.

KAM: NO!! NNNOOO!!! (Attacks, but his heart's not in it anymore. With visible effort, he turns off his lightsaber.) My life is forfeit, Jedi. Kill me.

LUKE: I do not take life unless I must. Yours I give back to you. (turns off his lightsaber.)

KAM: Why? When I lured you here....I would have made this derelict space station your grave. The tomb of the last Jedi Master.

LUKE: Instead, I will make it the place of your rebirth. You were a Dark Jedi once. But only because you fell under the Emperor's spell. Now that spell is broken!!

Sound: The Force rises, to a wail. Kam cries out.

LUKE: Kam Solusar--I give you back your life!! I give you your freedom! I give you the power that is already yours-- the power of the Jedi!!

Sound: The Force fades.

KAM: (with new strength in his voice) Skywalker.....I'm free.

Dark Empire II Audiodrama

Luke’s mind touches Leia’s, then he proceeds to shut down their telepathic link:

"He's here -- on Coruscant. "

"Who's here? "

"Luke. I felt his mind touch mine. "

"Great. Invite him to dinner, " Han said with a yawn.

"You don't understand, " she said impatiently. "I was sleeping, or thought I was. I was dreaming that Luke was looking down at me. Then I realized I was awake. We looked at each other for a moment, and then he disappeared -- as though he'd drawn a curtain. "

"Sounds like dreaming to me. "

"No, " she said, shaking her head. "You were right, Han-he's hiding. He doesn't want to be found. "

Luke and Leia train their mental defences, probing each other’s minds and, either consciously or unconsciously, fending their respective telepathic probes off:

Luke let his eyes fall half-closed, then sent faint tendrils of thoughts into her mind, deftly touching the topography of her memory. At first she didn't react, but then he could feel her concentrating, building an invisible wall around his probe. Though slow, she succeeded in blocking him off. "Good, now I'm going to try different places." He moved his touch to a different center. "Resist me if you can."

As he kept probing deeper, Leia became better at fending him off. She parried his attempts with greater speed and stronger force as he guided her to put up barriers. He grew more pleased as he worked with her, touching random spots in her mind, trying to take her by surprise. He could feel her own delight with her improving abilities.

Luke reached to the back of her mind, an area of deep primal memories but little conscious thought. He doubted he could get any defensive reaction there, but no attacker would be likely to strike at such places. Her thoughts were like a map laid out in front of him, and Luke touched inward to an isolated nub in her mind. He pushed--

And suddenly felt as if a giant invisible palm had planted itself on his chest and shoved backward. Luke stumbled to keep his balance, taking two steps away from her. Leia's eyes went wide, and her mouth dropped open in surprise.

Luke said, "What did you do?" in the same moment Leia said, "What did I do?"; then both answered, "I don't know!" simultaneously.

Luke tried to reconstruct what he had done. "Let me try that again. Just relax."

She seemed anything but relaxed as he probed her again, reaching to the back of her mind, finding the isolated nub among her instinctive centers. Touching it, he found himself knocked away again with physical force.

"But I didn't do anything!" Leia insisted.

Luke allowed himself to smile. "Your reflexes did, Leia. When a medical droid taps your knee, your leg jerks whether you want it to or not. We may have just stumbled upon something a potential Jedi has that others don't. I want you to try it on me. Here, close your eyes and I'll give you an image of what I did to you."

"Do you think I'll be able to?" Leia asked.

"If it truly is instinctive, all you need to do is find the right spot."

"I'll try." Her face wore a skeptical expression.

"Do, or do not. There is no try. That's what Yoda always said."

"Oh, stop quoting him. You don't need to impress me!"

Leia touched her brother's temples, and he took a deep breath, using Jedi relaxation techniques to drop his guard. He had erected so much mental armor in the past seven years that he hoped he could still let her inside. He felt the touch of her thoughts, delicate mental fingers tracing the contours of his brain. He directed her search toward the back, where primitive thoughts slept. "Can you-“ Before he could finish his question, Leia stumbled backward into the self-conforming seat. "Wow! I found the nub, but when I touched it, you knocked me off my feet."

Luke felt wonder tingle through him. "And it was completely unconscious on my part. I wasn't aware of doing anything." Luke touched his lips as new thoughts raced through his mind.

Jedi Academy I: Jedi Search

Luke implants fear into the mind of three beasts who had clever, sharp minds:

Luke reached out for the minds of the ghouls in front of him, searching for a way to send them away. Even without Showolter's admonition, he would have had no desire to kill them. They had clever little minds, sharp and quick and direct. No subtle tricks or indirection would work here. Well, sometimes the simplest ways were best. Luke found the proper spots in their minds and struck them with a jolt of pure terror.

They were gone almost before Luke was aware they had moved at all, and he relaxed his guard, if only a trifle.

Corellian Trilogy II: Assault at Selonia

Luke probes Akanah’s mind and meets no resistance:

As rudely as his visitor had invaded his hermitage, Luke suddenly invaded her mind, probing the secret place where sensitivity to the Force resided. If she possessed the sort of talent her words claimed for her, he should be thrown halfway across the room when the ancient reflex repelled his mental touch. It was so with every Jedi he had probed, every candidate he had brought to Yavin for training.

Luke's probing met no resistance. He felt no shields blunting or deflecting his examination. Her mind was open-and yet there was no reflexive response.

Astral Projection/Illusions/Doppleganger

No Caption Provided

Luke knows doppleganger:

No Caption Provided

Luke projects himself to Leia, first appearing as Darth Vader then himself:

Luke does so yet again:

No Caption Provided

Luke projects an illusion/astral projection of himself that fools Leia and Han:

No Caption Provided

Using the secrets of the Dark Side, Luke created a doppleganger to trick his friends into leaving him on Byss...

Dark Empire #6

Luke, Han, and Leia then departed Byss, or so Han and Leia thought. Luke’s presence turned out to be nothing more than an illusion,...

Star Wars Handbook #3: Dark Empire

Luke can summon an illusion that makes him look like Li Stonn, although he cannot hold said mask while he was asleep:

Luke did not dare sleep. Only his consciousness could hold the Li Stonn mask in place--there were suggestions in the old records of great Jedi Masters who could cast illusions even when sleeping, but neither Luke nor any Jedi he knew had attained that level of facility with the Force skill known as alter. And Luke could not risk dropping his mask in public---even if he were not recognized as himself, shape-shifters and mentalists were so widely assumed to be thieves, spies, and brigands that he could expect nearly as much commotion.

Black Fleet Crisis II: Shield of Lies

Barrier

Luke knows how to shield himself from Stun powers(i.e. Resist Stun):

No Caption Provided

Luke and Kam can shield themselves with the Force:

No Caption Provided

Luke Skywalker easily walks across a lake of lava, which "refused to touch him":

Luke walked across the lake of fire. He did not think about it. The lava refused to touch his feet. Only the Force burned bright around him.

Luke shields himself from an AT-AT attack:

No Caption Provided

Luke shields Kam Solusar from getting his throat crushed by Executor Sedriss, effectively blocking the Dark Jedi's Force Choke:

No Caption Provided

Luke shields himself and Jem from a blast that disintegrated Ood Bnar and Executor Sedriss(impressive as far lesser blasts have caused Exar Kun serious harm):

No Caption Provided

OOD: SKYWALKER, I CANNOT HOLD HIM MUCH LONGER.....

JEM: Jedi--!

SEDRISS: DIE, SKYWALKER!!!

Sound: A tremendous explosion. Luke, Kam, and Jem scream as they are flung several feet into the air, and crash to the ground.

JEM: Alive! I'm alive. How--?

LUKE: The Force. I used it to shield us.

Dark Empire II: Audiodrama

Force Harmony

Luke knows Force Harmony:

No Caption Provided

Luke and Leia Organa Solouse Force Harmony together, severing Emperor Palpatine's connection to the Force Storm he created and controlling it themselves:

LEIA: But WE can, Luke. WE can do it. That's what the Holocron meant. Let me add my power to yours.

EMPEROR: Yes. Waste your time on stupid Jedi tricks. The storm will crush your Rebel base to dust.

LUKE: (echoing) Leia....

LEIA: (echoing) I'm here, Luke.

LUKE: (echoing) Concentrate.....

LEIA: (echoing) I'm trying.

EMPEROR: What are you doing?

LEIA: (echoing) Luke, I FEEL the Force!

EMPEROR: (realizing at long last) NO!!!

LUKE: (echoing) Yes. It's surrounding the Emperor. Cutting him off from all the power he poured into the storm....

EMPEROR: Fools!!! If you destroy me, the Dark Force will crush you as well!!!!

LUKE: (echoing)....trapping him in his own dark hatred!!

EMPEROR: NOO!!! NNNNOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Sound: The energy storm drowns out the Emperor's dying scream......drowns out everything.....

Dark Empire Audiodrama

But the Emperor’s power was vast, and once again, he unleashed an energy storm spawned by dark side anger. But the Emperor’s will could not stand against brother and sister united by the power of light, and the energy storm turned to consume the Emperor’s flagship.

Star Wars Handbook #3: Dark Empire

Even as they dealt with this personal crisis, they found themselves dealing with Palpatine’s clone. Together, he and Leia destroyed the clone.

The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia

The Emperor died aboard his flagship the Eclipse when brother and sister turned Palpatine’s all-consuming Force storm back on its maker.

The New Essential Guide to Characters

He summoned up a huge Force storm, far more powerful than the one that had swept Coruscant. But this time, when Skywalker and his sister turned their combined resistance against him, Palpatine could no longer control what he had unleashed.

The Essential Chronology

Leia boarded the Eclipse, but defied the Emperor and tried to bring back Luke to the light side. Her efforts allowed Luke to break the hold of evil, and they both turned against Palpatine. The desperate Emperor summoned a huge Force storm, but he could no longer control what he had unleashed.

The New Essential Chronolgy

Luke Skywalker's Force Ghost aids his inexperienced trainees and the ghost of Vodo Siosk-Baas to use what seems to be Force Harmony to weaken and then banish Exar Kun:

The Jedi trainees stepped closer together, cinching the circle around the trapped shadowy form. Streen held his lightsaber high, while across the circle Kirana Ti raised hers to a striking position. The nebulous glow around the new Jedi Knights grew brighter, a luminous fog that joined them in an unbroken ring, a solid band of light forged by the power of the Force within them.

"I know your flaws," Kun said stridently.

"You all have weaknesses. You-" The shadow lunged toward the streamlined form of Dorsk 81. The cloned Jedi candidate flinched, but the other trainees gave him strength.

"You: Dorsk 81, a failure!" He sneered. "Eighty generations of your genetic structure were perfect, identical-but you were an anomaly. You were an outcast. A flaw." But the olive-skinned alien would not back down.

"Our differences make us strong," he said.

"I've learned that."

"And you"-Exar Kun whirled to Tionne-"have no Jedi powers. You are laughable. You can only sing songs about great deeds, while others go out and actually do them."

Tionne smiled at him. Her mother-of-pearl eyes glittered in the dim light. "Someday the songs will tell of our great victory over Exar Kun-and I will sing them."

The glow continued to brighten as the synergy between the trainees grew more powerful, weaving threads to reinforce their weak spots, to emphasize their strengths.

Streen wasn't sure exactly when another image joined the Jedi candidates. He saw a new form without a physical body-short and hunched, with withered hands held in front of it. A misshapen funnel face, whiskered with tentacles, stared with small eyes hooded by a shelf of brow. Streen recognized the ancient Jedi Master Vodo-Siosk Baas, who had spoken to them from the Holocron.

Kun's image also saw the ancient Jedi Master, and his expression froze in a sculpted grimace of astonishment.

"Together Jedi can overcome their weaknesses," Master Vodo said in a bubbly, congested voice.

"Exar Kun, my student-you are defeated at last."

"No!" the shadow screamed in a night-rending voice as the silhouette fought to discover a part of the circle he could breach.

"Yes," came another voice, a strong voice. Opposite Master Vodo glimmered the faint, washed-out form of a young man in Jedi robes. Master Skywalker.

"The way to extinguish a shadow," Cilghal said in her calm and confident voice, "is to increase the light."

Kirana Ti stepped forward with the lightsaber that had been built by Gantoris. Streen met her with Luke Skywalker's lightsaber. The two stared into each other's eyes, nodded, and then struck with the brilliant luminous blades.

Their beams crossed in the middle of Exar Kun's shadowy body-pure light intersecting pure light with an explosion of lightning. The flash of dazzling white seemed as bright as an exploding sun.

Darkness flooded out of the shade of Exar Kun. The blackness shattered, and fragments flew around the circle, seeking a weak heart in which to hide. Streen and Kirana Ti kept their lightsabers crossed, the energy sizzling and searing.

With the Force, Streen touched the winds again. The air inside the grand audience chamber swirled with increasing coriolis force to form a whirlwind. The cyclone grew tighter in an invisible knot around the shredded shadow, trapping it and carrying it up toward the rooftop and out, flinging it into the vast emptiness.

Exar Kun vanished with only a brief, curtailed scream.

The Jedi Knights stood joined together for a final moment, relishing the shared Force. Then, in exhaustion and relief and triumph, they separated from each other. The unearthly glow dissipated around them.

Jedi Academy III: Champions of the Force

Once the true nature of Exar Kun’s existance became known to the trainees, Skywalker’s students pooled their newfound powers. In a final battle, fighting alongside the spirit-forms of Luke Skywalker and even the long-dead Jedi Master Vodo Siosk-Baas, the students vanquished Exar Kun for all time.

The New Essential Chronology

Endurance/Stamina/Durability

Luke endures getting whipped in the face by a vronskr’s tail, and is back up an instant later:

Pushing off from the tree trunk behind him, Luke charged, aiming for the vornskr's flank.

He never got there. Even as he braced himself for the impact, the vornskr's whip tail whistled out of nowhere to catch him solidly along shoulder and face and send him sprawling sideways to the ground.

He was on his feet again in an instant, dimly aware of the line of fire burning across cheek and forehead.

Heir to the Empire

Luke could deflect blaster bolts from dozens of Stormtroopers indefinitely, which is obviously hyperbole but it indicates a great amount of stamina:

With the Force to guide his hand, he could have held out against them indefinitely, blocking their blaster shots with the lightsaber. Mara had been right, though: the ysalamiri effect did indeed extend this far outside the forest, and the Force was still silent.

Heir to the Empire

Luke endures several splinters of red-hot metal stabbed and slashed into his left arm and side:

And with a tremendous blast of fire and thunder, three seconds early, the power packs blew up.

Luke bit down hard as a dozen red-hot metal splinters stabbed and slashed into his left arm and side.

Luke endures the lightning of C’baoth burning his mucles:

"Mara!" he snapped. But it was too late. Mara's blaster had already wrenched itself from her grip and been flung back across the room; and even as Luke leaped toward her C'baoth's outstretched hand erupted into a brilliant blaze of blue-white lightning.

The blast caught Mara square in the chest, throwing her backward to slam into the guardrail behind her. "Stop it!" Luke shouted, getting in front of her and igniting his lightsaber. C'baoth ignored him, firing a second burst. Luke caught most of it on his lightsaber blade, grimacing as the part he missed jolted through his muscles. C'baoth fired a third burst, and a fourth, and a fifth—

And then, abruptly, he lowered his hands.

The Last Command

Luke is relatively unharmed after getting buried under tons of rubble collapsed onto him by Desann's saber-throw:

https://j.gifs.com/g5QKxr.gif

Luke endures an explosion that disintegrated his X-wing, without mustering up a proper Force Shield(he later fights Kueller, despite being so massively injured):

The buildings were close on both sides. The X-wing shuddered again, and the computer locked. The screens went dark. Luke reached for the eject button only to find it was missing.

There was no droid eject either, of course.

He was stuck.

He grabbed for the hatch. He would open it by hand. He had no other choice. The ground spun close to him--as the X-wing exploded.

[…]

Luke wrapped his arms around his head as he soared through the air. Bits of flaming shrapnel fell all around him. He had barely opened the X-wing's hatch when the ship exploded. If he had been inside, he probably would have broken his neck against the shatterproof glass.

It felt as if he fell forever. His skin burned where the shrapnel hit him. He couldn't control the fall. There was nowhere soft to land. He braced himself, using all of his Force strength, but something was interfering. He felt as if he were wrapped in cotton.

And then he landed. Legs first, the bones in his left ankle snapping. He tucked and rolled, the carved pavement biting his back, his shoulders. He kept rolling until he slammed into a building, and he lay there for a moment, unable to breathe from the shock of it all.

New Rebellion

Luke could go on for days being barely conscious of hunger, thirst and other bodily demands:

But to extend himself that far, and reach that degree of oneness, Luke found it necessary to let go of his everyday senses to a degree he once would have thought impossible.

Sealed behind opaque walls, he lived in darkness for days at a time, barely conscious of hunger, thirst, or other bodily demands.

The Black Fleet Crisis I: Before the Storm

Luke endures a burst of Darth Sidious' Force Lightning:

No Caption Provided

Strength

Luke easily chokes and lifts Han Solo with one hand:

No Caption Provided

Luke casually kicks a Jedi:

No Caption Provided

Luke, while injured and exhausted, slams a Gamorrean with a chair:

It took all the Force Luke could summon just to get back to his feet, forget about levitating anything--he grabbed the chair again and swung it, slamming the Gamorrean full force in the back, then whipped his lightsaber free and planted himself in the doorway as the tripods fled wailing into the corridor.

Children Of the Jedi

Luke stalemates Kueller, a Dark Jedi who's power was likened to Vader's, in a bladelock despite suffering from several broken bones and enduring being in the center of an explosion that disintegrated an X-wing

"Did you, now?" Kueller's tone was mocking. Luke could feel the physical pressure Kueller was putting on the blade. They were locked in a battle of wills, their strength holding the blades together in a haze of light.

New Rebellion

Speed/Reflexes/Agility

Luke easily deflects blaster fire from four Stormtroopers, then kills them swiftly:

Four stormtroopers rushed through the dark fog, firing their blasters. Luke deflected bolts with his lightsaber and attacked, killing the men swiftly.

Luke deflects three blaster bolts, despite them being fired when his back was turned:

There was a flicker of warning, and Luke spun around just in time to sweep the lightsaber blade across three incoming blaster bolts.

Luke leaps into another room within half a second:

Luke didn't wait to see what exactly the spray did. The maneuver had bought him maybe a half second of confusion, and he couldn't afford to waste any of it. Throwing himself back and to the side, he did a flip into the room behind him, angling to get to the slight protection afforded by the wall beside the doorway.

Heir To the Empire

Luke easily deflects Force-enhanced projectiles:

No Caption Provided

Luke dodges a Nightsister attack, then slice another Nightsister in half before she could react:

One witch beside him did not have time to react; a Nightsister landed beside her, shot the girl in the face with a blaster, then flipped a somersault as she leaped off the balcony.

Luke dodged a similar shot, sliced a Nightsister in half as she touched down beside him.

Luke, while fatigued, outruns explosions:

No Caption Provided

Luke effortlessly deflects a dozen blasts from a remote in quick succession, engulfing himself in a lightsaber’s light:

The only response was a flicker of movement from the still-paused remote. On sudden impulse, Luke kicked the device to life again, snatching his lightsaber from his belt as it moved to the attack. A dozen stinger blasts shot out in quick succession as the remote swooped like a crazed insect; effortlessly, Luke blocked each in turn, swinging the lightsaber in a flashing arc that seemed to engulf him, a strange exultation flowing through mind and body. This was something he could fight-not distant and shadowy like his private fears, but something solid and tangible. The remote fired again and again, each shot ricocheting harmlessly from the lightsaber blade-

With a sudden beep the remote stopped.

Heir To the Empire

No Caption Provided

Luke easily deflects the attacks of an AT-AT:

No Caption Provided

Luke dodges several blaster bolts whilst simultaneously leaping over the heads of the shooters:

There was a snarled curse, almost drowned out by the sputtering of multiple blaster bolts cutting through the air where Luke had been standing. But Luke was no longer there. A Force-strengthened leap had sent him sailing over their heads toward the door, lightsaber ready in his hand.

Luke deflects blaster shots from several Stormtroopers, despite “the Force being silent” around him due to the ysalamari. With the Force, it was noted that he could keep doing this indefinitely:

With the Force to guide his hand, he could have held out against them indefinitely, blocking their blaster shots with the lightsaber. Mara had been right, though: the ysalamiri effect did indeed extend this far outside the forest, and the Force was still silent.

Heir to the Empire

Luke leaps out from inside a geyser, onto the surface:

He had done this in Cloud City on Bespin, and during his training with Yoda, and other times. As the jet of steam and deadly water blasted toward him, Luke gathered his strength, his concentration, and sprang straight up, hurling his body out of the geyser shaft. He used the Force as a springboard to throw himself high and free, just as if he were lifting an inanimate object.

Luke shot out of the geyser chimney, flailing his arms as he dropped to the rugged ground.

Luke deflects half a dozen blaster bolts before Mara Jade can take out a single Stormtrooper, some in basically less than a second:

Jumping off the ramp to the side, he deflected a shot from another stormtrooper and sliced the lightsaber blade across him; caught a half dozen more shots before Mara's blaster fire took the next one out. A quick look showed that she'd already dealt with the other two.

Dark Force Rising

Luke speedblitzes several Stormtroopers, forming circles out of his blades and finishing them in four cuts:

A surge in the Force spun him around, to find that the group he'd sent rolling to the bottom of the ramp had untangled themselves. With a shout he charged them, lightsaber swinging in large circles as he waited for Mara to take advantage of his distraction to fire on them. But she didn't; and with the blaster bolts beginning to flash in at him there weren't many alternatives left. The lightsaber slashed four times and it was over.

Dark Force Rising

Luke leaps onto the bridge faster than the blast doors can close:

Luke leaped backwards, barely making it into the bridge before the blast doors slammed shut against the explosive decompression.

Dark Force Rising

Luke deflects several rocks thrown by Joruus C’baoth, then deflects the Dark Jedi’s lightning:

The lightsaber flashed sideways, and she heard the double crunch as its silent blade intercepted two more incoming rocks.

Still laughing, C'baoth raised his hand and sent a flash of blue lightning toward them.

Skywalker caught the bolt on his lightsaber, and for an instant the green of the blade was surrounded by a blue-white coronal discharge. A second bolt shot past him to vanish at the edge of the empty zone around Mara; a third again wrapped itself around the lightsaber blade.

Dark Force Rising

No Caption Provided

Luke manages to intercept four out of five lightning attacks from Joruus C’baoth:

"Mara!" he snapped. But it was too late. Mara's blaster had already wrenched itself from her grip and been flung back across the room; and even as Luke leaped toward her C'baoth's outstretched hand erupted into a brilliant blaze of blue-white lightning.

The blast caught Mara square in the chest, throwing her backward to slam into the guardrail behind her. "Stop it!" Luke shouted, getting in front of her and igniting his lightsaber. C'baoth ignored him, firing a second burst. Luke caught most of it on his lightsaber blade, grimacing as the part he missed jolted through his muscles. C'baoth fired a third burst, and a fourth, and a fifth—

And then, abruptly, he lowered his hands.

The Last Command

Luke dodges an attack from a holographic projection of Darth Maul(note, the hologram can actually harm physical things due to some weird Force and science related plot):

Luke demonstrates “lightning reflexes“ as he dodges an attempted cheapshot from Gantoris when the latter tried to catch the Jedi Master off-guard:

As if springing a trap, he fingered a button on his lightsaber handle--and the violet-edged blade suddenly extended like a spear, flashing outward to nearly double its length.

Reacting with lightning reflexes, Luke jerked aside, and the point of Gantoris's energy blade slashed through the sleeve of his gray flightsuit, leaving a smoldering gash.

Luke, despite being injured from enduring a close-range X-wing explosion and standing on broken bones, dodges an attack from Kueller and calls Leia’s lightsaber to his hand:

Luke dodged as Leia's lightsaber sailed in the air toward him, landing neatly in his fingers.

Immediately he ignited the blade and its reassuring hum echoed in the growing darkness.

New Rebellion

Luke and Leia run through the Eclipse, a 17.5 kilometer long ship, battling their way through it, all within a fraction of a second:

No Caption Provided

Luke moves so fast that Leia Organa Solo can hardly see him:

LEIA: Be careful, Luke! The Force is strong....they're both moving so fast, I can hardly see them....I feel waves of power....the Dark Side and the Light.....But......I feel......the Light.....is winning!!

Dark Empire Audiodrama

Telekinesis

No Caption Provided

Luke knows a variety of telekinetic moves:

No Caption Provided

Luke triggers a thumb switch:

Again, the leader gestured with his stick . . . and midway through the motion, for a single instant, the weapon was pointed not at Luke but at two of his own companions.

And reaching out through the Force, Luke triggered the thumb switch. There was a loud, sharp hiss as the stick bucked in its owner's hands and what looked like a fine spray shot out the end.

Heir To the Empire

No Caption Provided

Luke brings down a large tapestry:

And reaching up with the Force, Luke ripped one of the tapestries from the wall beside him and brought it down on top of them.

It was a trick that only a Jedi could have pulled off, and it was a trick that, by all rights, ought to have worked. All seven of the aliens were in the room by the time he got the tapestry loose, and all seven were beneath it as it began its fall.

Heir To the Empire

No Caption Provided

Luke easily disarms Han Solo:

No Caption Provided

Luke also notes how he could've easily ripped Han's arm off with the Force:

HAN: (pulls out his blaster) Not on your life!

LUKE: Han, put away your blaster!

HAN: We're leaving here now! And THIS time, you're coming with us!!

Sound: The low-pitch Force ROARS, and Han's blaster flies out of his hand and into Luke's.

HAN: Hey!!

LUKE: Be grateful, Han. I only used the Force to pull the blaster from your hand. (coldly) I could just as easily have ripped your arm off along with it. Sentinel, take him!!

Dark Empire Audiodrama

Luke kills several aliens with a saber-throw within a heartbeat:

He locked his lightsaber on and let his mind relax, reaching out with Jedi senses toward the seven figures, forming their image in his mind's eye. The alien watching him brought his weapon around the edge of the tapestry-

And, reaching back over his left shoulder, Luke hurled his lightsaber with all his strength.

The blade scythed toward the edge of the tapestry, spinning through the air like some strange and fiery predator. The alien saw it, reflexively ducked back-

And died as the lightsaber sliced through the tapestry and cut him in half.

The others must have realized in that instant that they, too, were dead; but even then they didn't give up. Howling a strangely chilling wail, they attacked: four throwing themselves around the sides of the barrier, the other two actually leaping straight up to try to shoot over it.

It made no difference. Guided by the Force, the spinning lightsaber cut through their ranks in a twisting curve, striking each of them in turn.

A heartbeat later, it was all over.

Heir To the Empire

Luke breaks a window with a saber-throw:

No Caption Provided

Luke brings down two pillars with a saber-throw:

No Caption Provided

Luke kills a Nightsister with a saber-throw:

"You are no spellcaster!" Baritha shouted, and one of the Nightsisters rushed toward him. Luke pulled out his lightsaber, flipped it on and threw it, so that it tumbled end over end. The Nightsister grabbed for the handle, and Luke used the Force to twist the lightsaber in mid-air, killing the hag. He called the lightsaber back to his hand.

Luke disarms an Imperial Trooper, then as he attacks, uses the blaster to knock him out:

Luke shrugged; and, reaching out through the Force, he yanked the blaster out of the trooper's hand.

The man didn't even pause to gape at the unexpected loss of his weapon. He threw himself forward, hands stretching toward Luke's neck -

The blaster, heading straight toward Luke, suddenly reversed direction. The trooper caught the butt end full in the stomach, coughed once in strangled agony, and fell unmoving to the deck.

Dark Force Rising

No Caption Provided

Luke pushes a Stormtrooper at his companions, knocking them all down:

His first sweep took off the barrel of the lead stormtrooper's blaster rifle; reaching out with the Force, he gave the man a hard shove, pushing him into his companions and sending the whole bunch of them tumbling helplessly down to the lift plate.

Dark Force Rising

Lukes seizes Mara Jade in an invisible grip and slows her descent:

Reaching out with the Force, Luke caught her in an invisible grip, slowing her descent and landing her on the Falcon's ramp. She hit the ramp running, and was inside in three steps.

Dark Force Rising

No Caption Provided

Luke breaks the telekinetic hold of a Nightsister over his lightsaber, and calls his lightsaber to his hand on a Dark Side nexus:

The lightsaber leaped from the ground, swung at Luke's head. Luke channeled the Force, turned it off just before the blade arced into his face, then grabbed his weapon in midair.

Luke chokes a Nightsister, on a Dark Side nexus:

She began singing, and Luke raised his free hand with a gesture, used the Force to close her windpipe. The singing stopped, and she stood frozen, horror etched on her face.

"Don't make me kill you!" Luke said. "Promise me you'll leave Gethzerion and her clan forever!"

Luke telekinetically wrestles with Joruus C’baoth over his lightsaber, briefly:

He hit the floor more or less on his feet, dropping down to land on one knee. His hand reached out, and the lightsaber that had been falling toward the clone suddenly changed direction. It arced toward Skywalker's hand—

And stopped dead in midair. Skywalker strained, the muscles of his hand tightening visibly as his mind stretched out. "Not that way, Jedi Skywalker," C'baoth said reprovingly; and Mara glanced over to see that his hand, too, was stretched out toward the errant lightsaber. The clone, for his part, was just standing there in his brown robe, as if he knew that C'baoth would be on his side in this battle.

The Last Command

Luke, despite exhausted and injured, pulls Mara away from a lightning-explosion caused by C’baoth’s death:

And as it had with the Emperor aboard the Death Star, the dark side energy within him burst out in a violent explosion of blue fire.

Luke was ready. Throwing every last bit of strength into the effort, he caught Mara in a solid Force grip, pulling her back away from that burst of energy as fast as he could. He felt the wave-front slam into him; felt the slight easing of stress as Leia's strength joined his effort.

The Last Command

Luke shoves several tripods through a door, then deflects an ax attack with a chair:

Luke ducked and nearly fell, shoved the tripods toward the door, caught up a chair, and deflected the ax; the Klagg struck him aside and plunged after the defenseless tripods.

Children Of the Jedi

Luke throws a work table at Tusken raiders:

The Sand People, joined by two more with others audible in full cry in the corridors beyond, sprang after. Luke levitated a worktable and hurled it at them, scrambled across the room to the opposite door and hit the opener--that, too, refused to work.

Luke cursed, ducked a roaring blaze of blaster fire and levitated the worktable to throw at them again.

Children Of the Jedi

Luke disarms two men of their blasters and destroys them, before disarming(literally) one of them with a saber-throw:

The next blaster bolt was dead on target, but Luke deflected it neatly skyward with his lightsaber. In the next moment he drew deeply on the Force and reached out to crush the blaster with a thought as powerful as a vise. His next thought yanked the disabled weapon from the man's hand and hurled it far out of reach.

[…]

Luke's answer was a thought-blow that tore the blaster from the man's hand and smashed it against the wall of the dwelling behind him. It exploded into a shower of sparks and shattered into a dozen fragments.

[…]

Turning quickly, Luke found the second man closing on Akanah again, reaching for her, as though meaning to use her as his shield.

Instantly Luke threw his lightsaber, spinning the weapon end over end with a sharp snap of his wrist. It scythed through the air, severing the attacker's left arm above the elbow. The man screamed and collapsed as Luke brought the lightsaber back to his hand.

Luke easily hurls aside several beasts and disables several droids:

No Caption Provided

Luke pushes the spectral, holographic projection of Darth Maul:

Luke brings down a large statue, on a Dark Side nexus:

Luke displays skill in self-levitation, slowing his descent from the Temple Atun:

Taking two long, swift steps, Luke launched himself from the crown of Temple Atun into the warm, empty air, just as the kitehawks did. He tumbled, then extended his limbs as though his robes were wings.

Falling, he meditated on fear for long seconds, then made himself in his mind a creature of the air. Making his body as light as his heart, he touched down so softly near the base of the temple that the grasses barely protested.

Luke disarms Gantoris with the Force:

The outburst distracted Gantoris for only a second. But Luke used the moment to reach out with the Force. Grasping with invisible hands, he yanked the lightsaber handle out of Gantoris's grip and used his skill to push the button that deactivated the blade.

Luke snatched Gantoris's weapon from the air, gripping it with his left hand, and switched off his own lightsaber. Suddenly, without the roaring hiss of dual blades, the jungle seemed disturbingly silent.

Luke demonstrates great precision and control as he uses the Force to fill up the role of pilot, co-pilot and gunner of the Millennium Falcon:

"Luke," Leia said, and Han looked down the hallway, confused. You could fire the blasters from the cockpit, but only with greatly reduced accuracy. Yet Luke had nearly taken Gethzerion's head off, with Han less than a meter away, while piloting this hunk of junk at full attack speed. The whole thing was too darned spooky.

Luke sweated from the effort of flying the Falcon. Levers and buttons on Chewie's control panel seemed to take on a life of their own as Luke manipulated them with the Force. The Jedi was doing the work of three pilot, copilot, gunner.

Luke can damage a ship’s control surfaces, or deform and tear apart weapon emplacements:

There were many options, of course. He could reach out with the Force and damage the ships' control surfaces, crippling them. He might even be able to wrench off whole hull plates or deform the weapons emplacements, tearing them apart with the Force alone.

Luke brings down an AT-AT with the Force, badly damaging it.:

No Caption Provided

This is impressive as an AT-AT is unharmed from a direct hit from an X-wing:

At one point in the defence of the Echo Base, Luke gets a direct hit on the cockpit of an AT-AT without doing the huge vehicle any harm. Unable to inflict any damage on the heavily armoured assault behemoths with their lasers, the Rebels had to use other tactics.

The Official Starships and Vehicles Collection #10

Luke uses telekinesis to one-shot Executor Sedriss:

No Caption Provided

Sedriss found himself overwhelmed by Skywalker's control of the Force.

Dark Side Sourcebook

Luke hurls Emperor Palpatine:

No Caption Provided

Luke reconstructs Darth Vader’s mountain-sized fortress, then he proceeds to nestle his E-wing into a chamber he made for it:

He sat down on the sand, cross-legged and straight-backed, and brought his hands together in his lap, fingertip to fingertip. Concentrating on a picture in his mind, Luke dipped his awareness deeply into the flow of the Force beneath him. With eyes that looked inward, he found what he was seeking, like flaws in a near-perfect crystal. He extended his will.

The sand around him stirred. The rocks shuddered, shifted, then began to rise from the sea and the sand as though sifted from them by an invisible screen.

Swirling through the air as they sought their place, the stones took shape as broken wall and shattered foundation, as arch and gate and dome-the ruins of Darth Vader's fortress retreat. It hung in the air around and above Luke as it had once stood atop the cliff, a dark-faced and forbidding edifice.

There was no record in Imperial City's files to say whether his father had ever occupied the fortress, though it had clearly been built for him in accord with his instructions. It had been empty when it was destroyed by a B-wing's blasters, in the days after the New Republic reclaimed Coruscant.

Was this where Vader plotted his conquests in the Emperor's service?

Was this where he had come to rejuvenate after a battle? Had there been celebrations here, self-indulgent pleasures or cruelties? Luke listened for the echoes of the old evils, and could not be certain.

But that did not matter to his plans. As he had redeemed and reclaimed his father, he would redeem and reclaim his father's house.

Now the stones swirled again in the air, joined by others plucked from the sea and stripped from the face of the cliff. Now broken edge fused against broken edge, and the dark faces of the rock lightened as their mineral structure was reshuffled. Now heavy rock walls and floors thinned to an airy elegance as if they were clay in a potter's press.

Now a tower stretched skyward until it rose above the edge of the cliff.

When it was done, the last gap closed, the last rock transformed, the structure securely perched just above the sand on pillars of stone extending down to the bedrock, Luke brought the E-wing down the beach and nestled it in the chamber he had made for it. It was not a door that closed over the opening, though, but a solid wall that closed out not only the wind and the cold, but the world.

Luke collapses Darth Vader’s fortress, focusing on the points of greatest stress, before bringing the mountain-sized citadel down. He then hurls the remnants of the entire fortress into the sea:

Extending his hands and his will, Luke found the points of greatest stress within the structure and pressed upon them, found the points of greatest fragility and sundered them. With a roar that momentarily rivaled the wind, the hermitage collapsed in on itself, crushing the fighter still sealed within it.

But that was not enough to satisfy Luke, not enough to forever erase the temptation. One after another, he raised the pieces of the ruined hermitage, the broken ship, up out of the sand and into the air, crumbling them with the force of his thoughts, until it was a dense, swirling cloud of pebble-sized fragments and metal bits.

Then, with a final, explosive effort of will, he hurled the cloud of debris far out beyond the breakers, where it rained down on the churning water and vanished from sight.

Black Fleet Crisis III: Tyrant’s Test

Combat skill -- Accolades

Vima-Da-Boda claims Luke is a good teacher, much like Yoda, after he instructed two Jedi in the art of Ataru:

Ahhh, young Skywalker. Always alert. You are a good teacher -- much like the one who taught you.

Crimson Empire III #1

Luke, as of Dark Empire, is more skilled with a lightsaber than ever, indicating he surpasses his RotJ self:

Luke Skywalker, Jedi Master... powerful and skillful user of the Force... more skilled than ever in the ways of the Jedi lightsaber.

Dark Empire #1

Leia Organa Solo believes that she might not beat Luke in a spar again, and that her current victory over him in their spar was a fluke, but even a fluke victory over Luke is impressive to her:

She was a fighter. She might not beat him the next time, but she had beaten him this time, and even a fluke victory over Luke Skywalker was impressive.

Corellian Trilogy I Ambush at Corellia

Combat skill -- Feats

Luke stomps a pair of Jedi, both of whom had "excellent technique":

Luke stalemates his clone, Luuke Skywalker in combat, even driving him back at one point. It should also be noted that the Clone caught Luke off-guard twice throughout the fight during their pauses and that Luke was being mentally assaulted by C’baoth. The fight is ultimately inconclusive until Mara Jade Skywalker interrupts and kills Luuke:

Luke threw a quick glance at him. C'baoth was watching him, his eyes glowing with anticipation. And with madness.

And in that moment, the clone Luuke struck.

He leaped to the top of the stairway, igniting his lightsaber and slashing the blue-white blade viciously toward Luke's chest. Luke jumped to the side, whipping his own weapon up to block the attack. The blades came together with an impact that threw him off balance and nearly tore the lightsaber from his grip. The clone Luuke jumped after him, lightsaber already swinging to the attack; reaching out to the Force, Luke threw himself backwards, flipping over the guardrail and onto one of the raised guard platforms rising from the lower part of the throne room floor. He needed time to think and plan, and to find a way past the distraction of the buzzing in his mind.

But the clone Luuke wasn't going to give him that time. Stepping to the guardrail, he hurled his lightsaber downward at the base of the platform Luke was standing on. It wasn't a clean hit -- the blade probably sliced through only half of the base -- but it was enough to throw the platform into a sudden tilt. Reaching out again to the Force, Luke did another backflip, trying to reach the overhead catwalk that spanned the throne room five meters behind him.

But the distance was too great, or else his mind too distracted by the buzzing to properly draw on the Force. The back of his knee hit the edge of the catwalk, and instead of landing on his feet he flipped over to slam into it on his back.

"I did not wish to do this to you, Jedi Skywalker," C'baoth's voice called out. "I do not wish it still. Join me -- let me teach you. Together we can save the galaxy from the lesser peoples who would destroy it."

"No," Luke said hoarsely, grabbing a support strut and pulling himself up as he fought to catch his breath. The clone Luuke had retrieved his lightsaber now, and was starting down the stairs toward him.

[…]

The lightsabers flashed, blue-white blade against green-white blade, sizzling where they struck each other, slashing through metal and cable where they hit anything else. Gripping the guardrail with both hands, fighting against the turmoil roiling through her own mind, Mara watched in helpless fascination as the battle raged across the throne room floor. It was like a twisted inversion of that last horrifying vision the Emperor had given her at the instant of his destruction nearly six years ago.

Except that this time it wasn't the Emperor who was facing death. It was Skywalker.

And it was no vision. It was real.

[…]

Mara threw a sideways look at him. C'baoth was watching this duel he'd orchestrated with a fascination that bordered on the grisly. She'd called it, all right, back when she'd first met him on Jomark. The work he'd done for Thrawn had given him a taste of power; and like the Emperor before him, that taste had not been enough.

But unlike the Emperor, he was not going to be content merely with the control of worlds and armies. His would be a more personal form of empire: minds re-formed and rebuilt into his own conception of what a mind should be.

Which meant that Mara had been right on the other count, too. C'baoth was thoroughly insane.

[…]

Across the floor, Skywalker leaped up again to the catwalk. The clone was ready for the move, hurling his lightsaber upward right behind him. The blue-white blade missed Skywalker by a hair, slicing instead most of the way through the catwalk floor and one of the support struts holding it to the ceiling. With a tooth-jarring shriek, the strained metal twisted under Skywalker's weight, dumping him back off.

[…]

"Leia!" Skywalker shouted, throwing an anguished glance at his sister. Suddenly the debilitating buzzing in his mind seemed to be forgotten as his fighting abruptly shifted from groggy defense to furious attack. The clone fell back before the onslaught, barely managing to block Skywalker's blows. He jumped up onto the stairway, hastily backed two steps further up toward C'baoth as Skywalker charged after him, then leaped over onto the remaining guard platform. For a second Mara thought Skywalker was going to pursue him up there, or else cut through the platform base and bring him down.

He didn't do either. Standing halfway up the stairs, a sheen of sweat glistening on his face, he gazed up at C'baoth with an expression that sent a shiver down Mara's back.

[…]

Skywalker spun around, lightsaber igniting again and swinging up into defense. The clone, his wind or his courage back, was already halfway through his leap, his lightsaber slicing downward. The two blades met with a crash and an impact that drove Skywalker backward to the edge of the stairway. He took one step more, fought for balance, then dropped off to the floor below.

Abruptly, he took a long step back from the guardrail on the other side of the stairway. Just in time; an instant later Skywalker was back, backflipping up from the lower throne room floor. He landed with his back to Mara, floundering a moment as he fought to recover his balance. There was another flash of light, blue-white this time, as the clone leaped up over the guardrail in pursuit, swinging his lightsaber in vicious horizontal arcs to guard against attack. Skywalker moved backward out of his way; glancing past him, Mara saw C'baoth take a hasty backward step of his own. The clone hit the floor and charged, lightsaber still slashing toward Skywalker in wide horizontal arcs. Skywalker continued to give way, apparently unaware that he was backing toward the solid rock wall.

Against which he would be trapped.

[…]

Mara felt his sudden frantic tug fumbling at the lightsaber; but it, too, was twisted with confusion and dread, and this time he didn't have surprise on his side. Given time, he would recover from the shock, but Mara had no intention of giving him that time. Igniting the lightsaber, she charged!

The clone must have heard her coming, of course; the distinctive sound of her lightsaber made that inevitable. But with Skywalker backed up against the wall, the temptation to finish off one opponent first was too great to resist. He swung one last time, his lightsaber slashing into the wall as Skywalker ducked low beneath the blade—

And with a brilliant flash of shattered electronics, the wall exploded outward, over Skywalker's head and directly into the clone's face.

Skywalker hadn't been backing into a wall after all. He'd been backing into one of the throne room's viewscreens.

The clone shrieked—the first sound Mara could remember hearing him make—as he staggered backward. He spun toward the sound of her lightsaber, his face twisted with anger and fear, his eyes still dazzled. He raised his lightsaber to attack—

YOU WILL KILL LUKE SKYWALKER.

She ducked beneath the slashing blade, gazing into his face. Skywalker's face. The face that had haunted her nightmares for nearly six years. The face the Emperor had ordered her to destroy.

YOU WILL KILL LUKE SKYWALKER.

And for the first time since she'd found Skywalker and his crippled X-wing floating in deep space, she let herself give in to the voice swirling through her mind. With all her strength, she swung her lightsaber and cut him down.

The clone crumpled, his lightsaber clattering to the floor beside him.

The Last Command

Luke fights Kam Solusar. He is challenged by Solusar, but he’s also holding back, and holds an edge:

Sound: The music crashes into "Imperial Attack" as the clash of lightsabers is heard.

LUKE AND KAM: (grunting with effort)

KAM: DIE, SKYWALKER!!!

LUKE: You cannot defeat me, Dark Jedi.

KAM: If I do not (grunts), others will follow (slash)!! I-- uhh--am one of many! The Emperor's Dark Side warriors will find you!

LUKE: Uhh!! If you kill me-unn--I will gain powers beyond your imagination.

KAM: Your Jedi delusions mean nothing--uhn--to me!!

LUKE: And your Dark Side powers are nothing to me, Kam Solusar.

KAM: (lashes at Luke, who blocks) How do you know my name?

LUKE: Through the Force. The Force brought me here, to Nespis VIII. It also brought me your name, and the knowledge that you have NOT completely gone over to the Dark Side!

KAM: NO!!! (Keeps striking at Luke, who blocks every move.) I am a Dark Jedi. I serve the Emperor!!

LUKE: The Emperor is dead. The Dark Side is defeated. I feel the good in you!!

KAM: NO! (Attacks again--but not as hard as before.)

LUKE: I sense your old life. Before the Dark Side ensnared you. (Sound: Force hum begins.) When the Force flowed through you.

KAM: NO!! NNNOOO!!! (Attacks, but his heart's not in it anymore. With visible effort, he turns off his lightsaber.) My life is forfeit, Jedi. Kill me.

Luke defeats Nist, a powerful Dark Jedi, on a Dark Side nexus, through use of superior swordsmanship and tactical ingenuity – displaying trakata:

NIST: Skywalker!

KAM: Looks like we were expected, Luke.

Sound: Nist ignites his lightsaber.

NIST: Here, in the very shadow of your father's memory, I, Xecr Nist, will destroy you!

Sound: Luke ignites his own lightsaber.

LUKE: It's been tried before.

Sound: Nist attacks Luke-their lightsabers clash. Other lightsabers of Brand, Kam, and the Dark Jedi ignited and fighting continuously.

[…]

KAM: (sounding desperate) Luke, there're too many of them!

NIST: (darkly) My dark Jedi will deal with that traitor, Solusar, Skywalker. You are mine. The Emperor has promised me an entire star system if I bring him your dead body.

LUKE: And what has he promised you when you lose?

NIST: I...unh...WILL...unh...NOT...unh...LOSE!!!

Sound: A furious exchange of lightsaber blows.

NIST: Unh: Ah: Our lightsabers are locked, and your strength is no match for mine, Skywalker. I...(grunting with effort)...will...unh...BREAK YOU!!!

LUKE: You are too concerned with power, Nist. You don't understand the subtleties of the Force.

Sound: Luke steps back and turns off his lightsaber, and Nist stumbles forward to land flat on his face, knocking himself out cold.

LUKE: Such as when to shut the power off.

The comic version of the fight happens off-panel, but we know it's quick and after a brief cutaway from Luke and Nist clashing blades, we see Nist on his knees, disarmed:

No Caption Provided

Luke, while exhausted, holds an edge over Executor Sedriss:

SEDRISS: Slice off their fighting arms, Goir. We'll take them alive!!

GOIR: As you command, Sedriss!

LUKE: Sedriss is mine, Kam! You take the other one!!

KAM: Come on, Goir. Care to dance?

Sound: Two lightsaber duels begin.

GOIR: Kam Solusar, you betrayed the Dark Side. Your life is forfeit.

KAM: Careful, Goir. Don't forget you showed me all your moves when I was a slave of the Dark Side!

GOIR: (screams as he dies)

KAM: And I recognized that one all too well.

SEDRISS: Your meager skills with the lightsaber will not protect you from me, Skywalker.

Sound: Lightsabers clash and hiss.

LUKE: It's not just the lightsaber, Sedriss. It's the Force that wields it!! The Dark Side is narrow, Sedriss. You know nothing of the Force, just as the dead Emperor knew nothing of the true power. And so, I've already won!

SEDRISS: You've won NOTHING, Skywalker!! The Emperor is NOT DEAD!! You haven't killed him! You can NEVER kill him!!!

Luke holds an edge over Gantoris in a duel, despite holding back tremendously and playing defensive for the most part. Only when Gantoris reveals a length-change function and confuses Luke does he gain an advantage, but then Luke disarms him with the Force:

But Gantoris stood like a weathered Massassi colossus, holding the blazing edge of his lightsaber vertically in front of his face. "If you don't ignite your lightsaber and fight me, I will cut you down right here." He paused with a smirk. "That would be a rather embarrassing fate for a Jedi Master, wouldn't it?"

Reluctantly, Luke shrugged out of his robe. He pulled his own lightsaber from the waist of his comfortable gray flightsuit and, feeling the Force thrum through him, ignited the yellow-green blade.

The other trainees watched in amazed silence. Luke wondered how he could have miscalculated so greatly, how Gantoris had gained access to information that only an advanced student should have obtained.

He stepped forward, raising his blade. Gantoris stared unblinking. Luke saw his red-rimmed eyes burn with a depthless intensity, and he felt a twinge of fear.

They crossed blades with a crackle of dissipating power, testing each other. He felt the resistance of the energy blades, the flow of the Force. He and Gantoris struck again, harder this time, and sparks flew.

Abandoning all pretense of testing, Gantoris launched himself at Luke, hacking and slashing with the white-violet saber. Luke blocked each blow, but fought only defensively to keep from provoking his student.

Gantoris made no sound as he struck again and again. The lightsabers intersected with a flash of multicolored lightning. The fury in Gantoris astonished Luke, and he backed toward the jungle's edge, unnerved by the violence.

Gantoris pressed his advantage. Luke blocked away all thoughts of the other trainees watching.

"Am I a Jedi now?" Gantoris asked in a husky voice.

Luke parried, then blocked another blow, locking both blades in a snapping, sizzling spray of discharged energy. He spoke through clenched teeth. "Training requires diligence and commitment. And control. A Jedi needs to know more than how to build a lightsaber. He must also learn how and when to use it!"

Luke drove forward, suddenly taking the offensive. He struck and struck, careful not to injure Gantoris but confident in showing his mastery. "The lightsaber is the weapon of a Jedi Knight, but a true Jedi rarely uses it to settle a dispute. It is better to outthink and outmaneuver your opponent. But when forced, a Jedi strikes quickly and decisively!" He slashed down, hard.

Clumsily defending himself, Gantoris backed into a tangle of jungle. Dew sprayed from underbrush as they trampled stands of climbing ferns. Startled flying creatures flapped away with squawks. Gantoris swung and slashed wildly at Luke's lightsaber, using brute force but no finesse. He bumped against a wide-boled Massassi tree, and flakes of purplish bark fell to the ground in an uneven patter.

Luke stood over him, intending to call an end to the duel, but Gantoris's eyes blazed brighter. As if springing a trap, he fingered a button on his lightsaber handle--and the violet-edged blade suddenly extended like a spear, flashing outward to nearly double its length.

Reacting with lightning reflexes, Luke jerked aside, and the point of Gantoris's energy blade slashed through the sleeve of his gray flightsuit, leaving a smoldering gash.

He stared at Gantoris in disbelief for a precious fraction of a second. Not only had Gantoris built his own lightsaber, but he had constructed a blade with multiple jewels, allowing him to adjust the amplitude of his blade. Such a weapon was at least twice as difficult to make as a traditional lightsaber, and Gantoris had done it by himself!

Without pausing Gantoris pressed his advantage, lunging with his longer blade, knowing that Luke could not come close enough to touch him.

The thin, wavering voice of Streen called out, "Gantoris!" unheeded by Luke or Gantoris. The other students pressed toward the edge of the jungle, but this battle was between Luke and Gantoris alone.

He was dismayed to see the recklessness in Gantoris--it reminded him of his own last battle with Darth Vader as the Emperor gloated, encouraging Luke to feel the anger flow through him. Luke had almost fallen then, almost allowed himself to give in to his anger and begin the journey to the dark side. But he had been strong enough in the end.

Gantoris seemed dangerously close to the edge.

Luke coiled his muscles, gathered his strength, and leaped upward. With a boost of his levitating ability, he soared high enough to reach a thick lower branch of the Massassi tree. He landed gently, keeping his balance as he looked down at the outraged Gantoris.

"How did you learn all this?" Luke called over the hum of lightsabers, trying to break through Gantoris's intensity.

The fiery-tempered man turned his face up, glaring with red-rimmed eyes. "You are not the only teacher of the Jedi way!"

With a low-throated outcry, Gantoris held his lightsaber with both hands and slashed sideways, sizzling through the massive trunk of the tree. Sparks and smoke and the wet cinnamon smell of scalded sap spilled into the air. The ancient tree shifted sideways, then crashed through clinging upper branches as it toppled.

Luke leaped free and landed easily in a rotting tangle of moss and fallen branches. He needed to end this soon. Gantoris seemed possessed by an anger he could not control, and simple Jedi calming techniques could not reach him.

Gantoris shortened his blade to a more usable length, matching Luke's as he came in for the attack. Luke let his student press him back, through climbing ferns and brilliant nebula orchids. He reached out through the Force, sensing the jungle around them, looking for a useful diversion.

And found it.

He faked a stumble against a broken fungus-covered rock and lurched sideways toward a thicket. Gantoris charged after him, slashing vines out of the way in puffs of gray steam. Gantoris would never hear the burbling grunting noises coming from the thicket.

Luke jumped aside as Gantoris hammered down with his lightsaber. The violet-white blade sliced through thorns and interlocked twigs--and a startled, outraged beast charged out of the underbrush with an operatic range of bellows.

The snorting runyip flailed from side to side as it stampeded past them. It was a massive, clumsy creature covered with oily fur and clods of dirt stuck to its flexible nose where it had been rooting among the decaying vegetation.

The outburst distracted Gantoris for only a second. But Luke used the moment to reach out with the Force. Grasping with invisible hands, he yanked the lightsaber handle out of Gantoris's grip and used his skill to push the button that deactivated the blade.

Luke snatched Gantoris's weapon from the air, gripping it with his left hand, and switched off his own lightsaber. Suddenly, without the roaring hiss of dual blades, the jungle seemed disturbingly silent.

Luke spars with his sister Leia, holding back tremendously and thus was defeated(Leia believes her victory a fluke):

But it had been a long while since she had been given a chance to fight with her hands, her speed, her agility, rather than just her mind.

No wonder there was a gleam in her eye as she raised her lightsaber and swung it down toward Luke's blade.

He deflected her first thrust down and to the left and went back to guard just in time to parry another thrust that came close to getting under his guard. Leia let her blade slide down Luke's and then pivoted under his guard, freeing her blade to face him from the right. Luke stepped back and swung around as he adjusted his stance to meet her attack. He had intended to go easy on her, but it seemed that he was not going to get the chance. She was too fast, too good.

Luke decided to move to the attack. He dropped his left hand from the saber's grip and extended his blade in a one-handed thrust to give himself more reach as he advanced toward Leia. But she would have none of that. She brought her lightsaber crashing down at the tip of his blade, striking with maximum violence at precisely the angle required to knock his blade downward. The strike forced Luke into an awkward backhanded stance while weakening his grasp on the saber's handle. His blade slammed down into the permacrete of the landing pad, gouging a hole in it, forcing him to concentrate, if only for a moment, on freeing his blade, rather than on his opponent.

He almost had the blade clear, but it was already too late. Leia reversed her stroke and swung hard at his blade from the opposite direction, slamming it clear of the permacrete -- and knocking Luke's lightsaber completely out of his hand. The lightblade cut off automatically when Luke's hand was off the grip. The weapon went sailing through the air, landing fifteen meters away on the hard stand.

Corellian Trilogy I Ambush at Corellia

Luke duels Brakiss, holding back due to wanting to save Brakiss from the Dark Side and playing defensive, and despite that Brakis realized he was no match for Luke:

Brakiss ran toward Luke and slashed as he moved.

Luke's lightsaber was in his hand instantly. He parried Brakiss's thrust, smashing Brakiss's lightblade against a nearby conveyor belt. Sparks flew. Brakiss recovered, slashed again, and Luke blocked the hit.

The lightsabers hummed, and clanged as they clashed. Thrust, parry, thrust, parry. Luke matched Brakiss movement for movement. Somewhere in the last few years, Brakiss had gained strength.

Brakiss tried a series of small thrusts, little movements designed to be parried, and then he arched the lightsaber in one great circular movement. Luke didn't move quickly enough. Brakiss's lightsaber seared Luke's shirt, narrowly missing his skin. Luke then matched each movement of Brakiss's.

The assembly room was hot with the sparks from the lightsaber blades. The edges of the conveyor belts glowed with the heat. Luke concentrated on each of Brakiss's movements, deciding to defend, never to attack.

Brakiss swung his lightsaber from left to right, going for Luke's unprotected sides. Luke blocked each attack. The swings got fiercer, the movements sloppier. Brakiss was no match for Luke, but he was a good, strong fighter, and they would both be exhausted before this match ended.

Then Luke felt a blast of fear. He glanced up in surprise. The fear had come from Brakiss, and the fear was not of Luke.

Brakiss stopped attacking and raised his blade, much as Ben had in the belly of the Death Star.

Unlike Vader, Luke shut off his blade.

New Rebellion

Luke, despite being massively injured from his X-wing exploding, some of his bones being broken and holding back, performs admirably against Kueller, an extremely powerful Dark Jedi:

"I don't want to fight you, Dolph," Luke said.

"You won't be fighting Dolph," Kueller replied. He slashed at Luke. In one quick movement, Luke grabbed his lightsaber and blocked Kueller's swipe with his own blade. The electric clang of the sabers filled the air, sending sparks all around them. Each movement ripped at Luke's back, but he focused on the blade instead: parrying, defending, blocking, never really attacking. He would wait until Kueller was open before making his move.

Kueller hit at Luke's left, then his right, then his heart. But Luke kept blocking. Kueller pushed Luke backward, toward the house. Luke stumbled on his weak leg, and collapsed on the knee. A river of pain ran through his thigh. Kueller brought his lightsaber down onto Luke's shoulder, but Luke rolled away from it, his back burning as dirt from the road ground into his wounds.

He pushed himself up and swiped at Kueller, singeing his cape. The hum of lightsabers filled the air. Sweat ran down Luke's face. His strength was gone. He had gone through too much in the last few days. But he concentrated on Kueller's movements, lived for Kueller's movements, blocked them, anticipated them, and held his ground.

In a series of five rapid thrusts, Kueller moved Luke backward again. Luke parried, parried, parried, but couldn't keep his balance. His ankle was clearly broken and unable to support him. Kueller jabbed at Luke's left side. Luke swiveled to dodge, and Kueller jabbed again. Luke's ankle buckled, but he didn't fall. Kueller pushed closer, and knocked Luke's lightsaber from his hand.

Kueller held his blue blade beneath Luke's chin. Luke could feel its heat, smell its electric tang.

"I should kill you now," Kueller said.

New Rebellion

Luke once again fights Kueller, this time holding back a lot less, and again he performed fairly well considering the state he was in and considering the fact that Kueller was rage-amped:

Luke dodged as Leia's lightsaber sailed in the air toward him, landing neatly in his fingers.

Immediately he ignited the blade and its reassuring hum echoed in the growing darkness.

"Ah," Kueller said. "So you have chosen to fight me. Careful, Master Skywalker. If you do so with the wrong attitude, you might join my side."

"I've fought better than you, Kueller," Luke said. The lightsaber felt odd in his hand. "And won."

"Years ago, Skywalker. You've become complacent." Kueller slashed at Luke. Luke parried, the electric clash of blades ringing in the night air.

Then Kueller whirled and blocked several bursts of blaster fire. Leia peeked out of the bay doors.

"Leave him alone, Kueller. It's me you want!" she yelled.

His death mask glowed from an internal light. It made his smile even more sinister than usual. "Actually, President, I want your entire family. Without them, there are no true Jedi." Luke inched closer. His blade was still out, still humming. He wanted Kueller to fight him, not Leia. Leia wasn't ready yet. "Actually, Kueller, there are dozens of Jedi now."

"But not Jedi Masters, Skywalker."

"There are more than you imagine," Luke said, thinking of Callista. She would provide quite a battle against Kueller, even without the Force.

Kueller turned to Luke, and Leia fired again. Without even looking at her, Kueller blocked the blaster shots. The shots flew harmlessly to the sides. Then her blaster rose in the air, and exploded a few feet above her head.

"Use another of those, President, and it will explode in your hand."

"You like explosions, don't you, Kueller?" she said. Luke suppressed a smile. She was trying to distract him so Luke could attack. But it wasn't that easy. Kueller had pushed Luke far enough that Luke's feelings were confused. He wasn't certain if he was going after Kueller out of anger or hatred, instead of in defense. That would only make Kueller stronger.

He seemed to be stronger anyway, giving credence to Luke's theory.

"Small explosions, President," Kueller said, his blade still locked with Luke's. "Large ones destroy wealth." Leia stepped out of the bay. She was unarmed. "Even if you kill us, Kueller, you won't get the rest of us. The explosives you put in the droids won't work. We shut the droids off."

"Did you, now?" Kueller's tone was mocking. Luke could feel the physical pressure Kueller was putting on the blade. They were locked in a battle of wills, their strength holding the blades together in a haze of light. "You managed to tell all the developed planets about the droids, President? Because if you didn't, then I will still get enough strength from one single order to defeat you all. " A chill ran through Luke. All those lives. All those billions of lives. They meant nothing more to Kueller than a breath of air, a surge of adrenaline, a swallow of food. Anger flowed through Luke, deep and fine and rich. He had created this monster. Luke, through his arrogance, had given Kueller all the tools he needed to destroy the entire galaxy. If Luke hadn't taught all his students about the dark side, if he hadn't warned them repeatedly and in detail about the quick and easy path, then Kueller would still be Dolph, not this hateful being who wore a death mask proudly and dealt in lives as a smuggler dealt in stolen goods.

Kueller turned toward Luke and grinned. His lightsaber broke free from the enmeshment and whooshed near Luke. Luke jumped aside, pain shivering through his back, and down his arms.

Kueller had suddenly gotten stronger.

"Kueller!" Leia shouted. She held another blaster. He turned his attention to her, and Luke thrust his blade toward Kueller's side, drawing blood before Kueller swirled away.

Easy blood. The lightsaber moved with a sureness Luke had never felt before.

Leia's blaster was turning red. She tossed it aside before it exploded, and rolled in the opposite direction.

Kueller had turned back to Luke, thrusting, parrying, thrusting, their sabers locked in a battle as loud and spark-filled as Luke's battle with Vader. Kueller's breath hissed through the mask, but it wasn't Vader's stentorian breathing that it imitated.

It was the Emperor's greedy gasping.

Luke staggered under Kueller's next blow, and barely managed to roll aside. His ankle kept buckling under him, but he forced himself to put weight on it. They had moved into the alleyway Luke had seen in that strange moment of vision. Stones littered the ground all around them, and the light only came through a small opening on either end. Luke could no longer see Leia.

Use your aggressive feelings, boy! Let the hate flow through you.

Kueller struck at him, his blow shattering a nearby rock. He was stronger. Much stronger. And his strength seemed to be increasing. Luke's arms were growing tired battling the power of Kueller's blade.

Then Kueller laughed, a gurgling, familiar laugh. The Emperor's laugh, the unamused choking of a slave to the dark side.

Fueled by hatred, anger, and fear.

Luke was making him stronger. Luke's response, his hatred, his own self-loathing at creating this thing, this student who had become a horror, was making the thing even stronger.

Kueller slammed his blade against Luke's, and the sparks lit the area all around them. Luke parried. Parried again. And again. He was trapped in a cycle of hatred and anger. If he fought, Kueller got stronger, and if he attacked, Kueller got stronger still.

Luke glanced at the mouth of the alley.

No Leia.

He was alone with this thing he had created. The rogue student. The Vader to his Ben.

Vader.

Ben.

Luke grinned. He suddenly knew what he had to do to break free.

[...]

Luke was raising his lightsaber, his heart pounding. He was reaching out with the Force, going back to the place he had gone when he first fought Exar Kun. He would be out of his body but protected within the Force. Just as Ben had done in his battle with Darth Vader.

Luke would come back even stronger, and he would guide Leia to defeat Kueller.

Luke's lightsaber had reached a thirty-degree angle with his chin when he felt as if he were wrapped in a warm, soft blanket. He could still see through his eyes, but the rest of his senses were suddenly dim. He could no longer sense Leia or even Kueller.

His blade came up, and Kueller's blade swung back, but Luke couldn't leave his own body. He had lost the Force. It was gone. He was blind and numb without it.

He would die without it.

Kueller's blade came down, and Luke limped out of the way only to back into the ruined tower wall. Kueller had him cornered. There was no place to go.

Luke was trapped, both inside, and out.

Kueller felt as if he were moving through mud. The swift grace that had come with his lightsaber training faded as if it had never been. The strength that had flowed through him since he killed the Je'har had suddenly disappeared.

He could no longer feel Skywalker's anger. Or his sister's fear.

Or even that strange new wrinkle in the Force he had felt a moment earlier.

Skywalker backed away from him, and Kueller brought his lightsaber down. It slammed into the stone wall behind Skywalker, sending sparks flying and a shimmer up his arm. Kueller staggered sideways.

He didn't know what kind of trick Skywalker was using on him. He suddenly couldn't think very clearly. It was as if he had been tossed underwater. All that he relied on within himself had disappeared.

Then he noticed a similar expression on Skywalker's face. The man looked stunned. He wasn't manipulating his own lightsaber as he should.

If Skywalker wasn't doing this, then who-?

Kueller turned, and started when he saw two new figures standing in front of the alley. He couldn't see them well in the twilight, and as he reached with the Force, he couldn't feel them. Had they caused this? Who were they? What were they doing to him?

Skywalker brought up his own lightsaber as if it weighed ten times more than usual. Kueller's felt equally heavy.

This wouldn't work. Thwarted again, somehow, by Skywalker and his friends.

Anger surged through Kueller, but it didn't increase his strength. He roared at them, and Skywalker laughed. Laughed.

All advantage that Kueller had gained was lost. He let his lightsaber fall to the ground. Not all was lost. He still had one more trick up his very full sleeve.

New Rebellion

Luke fights Darth Sidiouson a Dark Side nexus, and loses after a decent fight:

EMPEROR: Does it tell you how many other so-called "Jedi Masters" failed to vanquish me? Does your knowledge tell you that I have already beaten you?! Poor Jedi. Your kind will soon be extinct. And how fitting that one of their precious lightsabers brings an end to the Jedi delusion!!

Sound: Luke lunges. The two clash sabers, and duel viciously.

EMPEROR: What's the matter, Skywalker? Getting tired? Not quite as young as you were when you fought your father!

LUKE: (breathing hard) You have filled the galaxy with your darkness. But I have seen what my father could not see. I have seen that ultimately, the Dark Side will FAIL!!

EMPEROR: Jedi FOOL! In spite of the stories you tell yourself, I am the stronger! Did I not warn you?!? Now, take the consequences of your failure, like your father before you!!

Sound: Furious dueling--but the Emperor gets the better of Luke, forcing the elder Jedi's lightsaber out of his hands. Both lightsabers deactivate.

Dark Empire Audiodrama

Luke once again fights Darth Sidious, this time being supposedly amplified by Leia's Battle Meditation, and he wins:

Sound: The Emperor's own lightsaber activates.

EMPEROR: So be it. Through the power of the Force, you will DIE!!!

Sound: The Emperor lunges at Luke--who activates his own lightsaber and blocks the blow!! A vicious duel ensues between the two. Both grunt and yell as they lash out.

Sound: One blow finally lands---and something thuds on the floor as both lightsabers deactivate!

EMPEROR: NNAAAAARRRGGGHHH!!!! MY HANDD!!! YOU'VE CUT OFF MY HANNNDDDD!!!!!!

Dark Empire Audiodrama

Thanks for reading
    Thanks for reading

Azronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Indescribable!

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@azronger said:

Indescribable!

It's just the base for a much larger RT, actually, but thank you. :)

Avatar image for deactivated-6249a821a8c64
    deactivated-6249a821a8c64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Incredible!

I find it a bit strange, tho, that Leia was besides Luke the greatest Jedi as of 17ABY. I mean, Durron.

Avatar image for amethystgravity
    AmethystGravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Awesome work! I thought the sense and telepathy sections were neat. Also, do some of those accolades put Luke, at least by DE, as greater than Yoda?

Also, I think this was a minor typo:

Luke communicates with Mara Jade through telekinesis:

I look forward to seeing more!

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Awesome work! I thought the sense and telepathy sections were neat. Also, do some of those accolades put Luke, at least by DE, as greater than Yoda?

Also, I think this was a minor typo:

Luke communicates with Mara Jade through telekinesis:

I look forward to seeing more!

Thank you, and yeah, I'd say it puts Luke ahead of ESB Yoda, at least. :mmm: Granted, greatest can mean lots of things.

Incredible!

I find it a bit strange, tho, that Leia was besides Luke the greatest Jedi as of 17ABY. I mean, Durron.

Leia TKed Sidious. :)

Avatar image for greysentinel365
    Greysentinel365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well Done! You should be damn proud!

One quick thing

this is impressive as an AT-AT is unharmed from a direct hit from an X-wing:

The quote you provided refers to the Battle of Hoth, in which case it was more likely a shot from a Snowspeeder. This shot actually

Loading Video...

LordOfTheLight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spectacular!! I am just waiting for Grand Master Luke, if you are making one for him of course.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Haven't been able to read all of it, but it seems incredibly impressive thus far.

Azronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ingenious!

Azronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Azronger

You should at the speed feat from the end of DE where Luke and Leia run the entire length of the Eclipse, kill the staff, and start up the Imperial Shuttle, all in a fraction of a second.

TheMuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Excellent RT! This is highly impressive.

helloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is good. I love respect threads.

Emperor339

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Emperor339
    WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well Done! You should be damn proud!

One quick thing

this is impressive as an AT-AT is unharmed from a direct hit from an X-wing:

The quote you provided refers to the Battle of Hoth, in which case it was more likely a shot from a Snowspeeder. This shot actually

Loading Video...

Thank you; and apparently Hoth airspeeders, T-47s are apparently also pretty damn strong as well, laser-wise. :mmm:

Spectacular!! I am just waiting for Grand Master Luke, if you are making one for him of course.

Yeah, a NJO RT, a LotF RT and finally FotJ RT.

Haven't been able to read all of it, but it seems incredibly impressive thus far.

Thank you.

@azronger said:

Ingenious!

You should at the speed feat from the end of DE where Luke and Leia run the entire length of the Eclipse, kill the staff, and start up the Imperial Shuttle, all in a fraction of a second.

Thanks, and I did.

@themuser said:

Excellent RT! This is highly impressive.

@helloman said:

This is good. I love respect threads.

@ordeith said:

Less stuff for Luke up to DE then I thought tbh. Good work Wolf.

Thanks, y'all.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 juiceboks  Moderator

Just went throufh rhis, this is actually one of if not the beat SW respect thread I've seen. As a huge fan of Luke, I'm glad you took the time to outline his showimgs and accolades from this time period.

Nice job Wolf!

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just went throufh rhis, this is actually one of if not the beat SW respect thread I've seen. As a huge fan of Luke, I'm glad you took the time to outline his showimgs and accolades from this time period.

Nice job Wolf!

Thank you, very much. :)

Also, if you like this, I feel you'll love NJO and Legacy Luke RTs. :)

Avatar image for deactivated-5a4a9a7745a28
    deactivated-5a4a9a7745a28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A really good job Wollf, count me impressed :)

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A really good job Wollf, count me impressed :)

Thank you.

TheMuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Your making a NJO Luke RT Wollf???? That would be amazing!

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@themuser said:

Your making a NJO Luke RT Wollf???? That would be amazing!

What part of "complete series" is not understandable? lol

TheMuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for amethystgravity
    AmethystGravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By AmethystGravity

@wollfmyth209: Nice work with the dueling section! Also, Palpatine has some of the funnier quotes in the series, but this might be one of his best, in an odd sort of way:

EMPEROR: NNAAAAARRRGGGHHH!!!! MY HANDD!!! YOU'VE CUT OFF MY HANNNDDDD!!!!!!

It's also somewhat ironic, I think.

Edit: I just realized there's no point in replying to you, but I don't think deleting the tag changes anything, so...

oops. :)

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LordOfTheLight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By LordOfTheLight

@wollfmyth209

Check your inbox. I have PM'ed you Luke's second fight with Brakiss( 6 years after the first one, 22 ABY, so it can still be applied here), and some more powerscaling you can apply, if you wish.

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wollfmyth209

Check your inbox. I have PM'ed you Luke's second fight with Brakiss( 6 years after the first one), and some more powerscaling you can apply, if you wish.

I saw. I'll add it in when I gots the time. Much appreciated. :)

Azronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Azronger

@wollfmyth209 You missed this levitation feat from TCoPL:

Nothing happened, he yanked the emergence cord, kept falling. He flailed his arms, shouting—and miraculously, some type of repulsorlift field hit him, slowed him so that he dropped as softly as a feather.

[…]

Storm had also settled quietly to the ground, but nowhere could Isolder see a sign of the repulsorlift mechanism, no generators, no antigravity dishes aimed into the air. He looked all around, then saw something above: Luke Skywalker sitting with his legs crossed, eyes closed in concentration, and arms folded, floating to the ground.

-The Courtship of Princess Leia

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Azronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wollfmyth209 Luke manages to remain unscathed after being attacked By Kyp's Force Lightning and Kun's tendrils and enduring horrendous pain:

With the Sun Crusher looming behind him, Kyp stretched out both hands and blasted Luke with lightning bolts like black cracks in the Force. Dark tendrils rose up from gaps in the temple flagstones, fanged, illusory vipers that struck at him from all sides.

Luke cried out and tried to strike back, but the shadow of Exar Kun joined the attack, adding more deadly force. The ancient Dark Lord of the Sith lashed out with waves of blackness, driving long icicles of frozen poison into Luke's body.

He thrashed, but felt helpless. To lose control to anger and desperation would be as great a failure as if he did nothing at all. Luke called upon the powers that Yoda and Obi-Wan had taught him - but everything he did, every skillful technique, failed utterly.

Against the full might of Kyp Durron and the forbidden weapons of the long-dead spirit of Exar Kun, even a Jedi Master such as Luke Skywalker could not prevail.

The black serpentlike tentacles of evil force struck at him again and again, filling his body with a pain like lava coursing through his veins. As he screamed, his voice was swallowed by a hurricane from the dark side.

Luke cried out one last time and crumpled backward to the blessedly cool flagstones of the Great Massassi Temple, as everything turned a smothering, final black around him....

-Jedi Academy: Dark Apprentice

It had been a week since the trainees at the Jedi academy had found Luke Skywalker's motionless body atop the temple. They had brought him inside, done their best to care for him-but they did not know what to do. The best New Republic medics had found no physical damage. They agreed that Luke still lived, but he lay in complete stasis. He responded to none of their tests or probes.

[...]

Cilghal hesitated, then moved to stare down at Luke. "Master Skywalker told me I have an innate talent for healing with the Force. He had just begun to show me how to develop my skills - but I've tried all I know. He is not sick. There's nothing physically wrong with him. He seems frozen in a moment of time, as if his soul has left and his body is waiting for him to come back."

-Jedi Academy: Champions of the Force

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@azronger: Technically, Kun's tendrils attacked his soul and ripped it out, not his body. Good feat of tanking the lightning, though.

Azronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wollfmyth209: Um, evidence for it being the tendrils? I just assumed it was a different technique that he used.

Regardless, the tendrils do cause physical harm also (Bane vs Zannah), so it doesn't really matter whether they ripped his soul out or not, since it's still a magnificent feat.

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By WollfMyth209

@azronger: I mean, is there anything noting the tendrils Zannah used are the same as ones Exar used? In that case, I'd agree.

Azronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wollfmyth209: They're both described as dark side tendrils and that's enough for me. Or else you might as well begin questioning whether a burst of Lightning from one character is the same power as a burst of Lightning from another character.

Avatar image for greysentinel365
    Greysentinel365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Greysentinel365

The fact that they didn't go dissolve Luke but instead attack his spirit, along with them being described as fanged constructs would seem to imply that Kun was using something completely different. Likely a summon of ancient dark side creature. Or embodiment of one of Kun's experiments on Yavin.

More over Zannah's attack was described as a mist. While Exar's is implied to be more solid like.

It seems like a different technique entirely. It perhaps has some visual resemblance. But it's purpose and finer details don't match up.

Azronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wollfmyth209 Luke finds lost Jedi knowledge and studies it:

At first, Luke's role was very similar to the one he had during the Rebellion. He continued serving as a pilot and military leader for the New Republic, but he gradually withdrew from this active service to pursue his studies in the Force. His travels across the galaxy led him to uncover fragments of Jedi knowledge that the Emperor nd his agents had not wholly eradicated.

-Fate of the Jedi dramatis personae

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By WollfMyth209

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.